Why subaru?

A question to subaru, why did you have to make this abomination of a gearbox. With their incredible marketing to paying off kbb and other sites theyve appealed to the populous and have garnered a huge subaru following outside the normal enthusiast and lesbian status. With their marketing, with their amazing safety being unquestioned, they have touted that they have a car with the lowest cost to own over 5 years. They dont tell you at 5 years head gaskets, timing belt and slew of other very expensive repairs MUST be made or they self implode. This has created a bubble of many cvt/ill maintained subarus that will be flooding the wrecking yard in 5-10 years time that not even the most seasoned subaru tech will even bother with. Subaru will go down once again as a massive joke of a car company that will need bailing out once everyone realized how unbelievably stupid they are.

PS: eye sight? R u fukkin with me? I dont need my breaks slammed when i have the pedal depressed 65% and am slowing down fine

That's what makes a Subaru a Subaru lol xD

what year did they start putting the cvts in

2008 legacy then 2015 of everything

You mad little girl?

It's more reliable than their manual transmission, and far more reliable than any competitor's CVT.

Problem, mr public transport customer? It's faster than your bus.

You want to know how I know you're a memsoouting parroting dickheaded piece of shit? You meantime head gaskets, ehcih haven't been if any relevance to Subaru since the early 2000s. Subaru haven't had timing belts since 2012z sans the EJ in the WRXs. CVTs are also reliable when fluids are changed out. You're a fucking hack piece of shit who knows nothing but what he reads on an anime website.

>SIDF DETECTED

not like subaru transmissions weren't weak as shit already.

STi 6 speeds are actually bulletproof

>modifies car
>bitches that car can't handle situations it wasn't designed to handle

how's the morning bus ride been lately?

trans case flexes due to split case design when launched and that's what fucks them.

We replace those transmissions daily. But Subaru extended the warranty to a billion years so why would you care? Free transmission replacement for the whole time you own it. Head gaskets on the FA's don't have the same issues as the EJs, and uh
>timing belt
all chain cars now boyo

Who the hell wants to have a transmission that needs to be replaced even if it's free?

Not that I care in this case because I'm a manualfag and even my old 5MT got things done just fine.

Bad bait not even catfish would take

Its only 10 years 100k, which in reality if its breaking every 50k you maybe get 2 replacements in the warranty then youre on your own.

Why's everyone doing the CVT thing now if they're such pieces of shit?

Fascism

Subaru a brand literally known for being indestructible even in the hands of farmers. Weak, the only thing weak round here is your bait.

A well maintained Subaru CVT is far more reliable than a standard auto slushbox

>Free transmission replacement for the whole time you own it.

Pretty inconvenient if they frequently fail.

But people need to start keeping up with maintenance and then they'll last.

>Subaru a brand literally known for being indestructible even in the hands of farmers

That's the Hilux

Empeegeez, my dude. That's the whole reason.

Can you guys tell me what makes my '08 na 5speed forester shit without mentioning headgaskets?

Lol get off yota's dick.

Why is the timing belt at 105k a bad thing? That's standard replacement across the board. Also, head gaskets cost like $120 for the premium ones. Shut the fuck up.

2004 Forester XT vs 2004 WRX Hatchback

I am not on it. But I have never heard of a Subaru being a farmer's vehicle.

The only meme I heard about Subaru's longevity is and English one and that it is that it is owned by aristocrats.

I have seen Rasta men take Nissan Sunny's up offroad trails but I wouldn't claim that they are farming vehicles (yet they probably are weed haulers)

>forgetting the 4eat.
Those things run forever and have some towing capability. It may not be a refined transmission but God damn it will not give up.

To daily? I'd take the forester. More practical.

Hilux is the military truck

Get off Subie's

Yeah, it'd be for daily and occasional camping/light off-roading. I'm 6'3" so the higher roof is appealing too

lot of lesbians and 'enthusiasts' defending some real whacky nip shit in here

"Whacky nip shit" is Subaru's appeal, cis scum.

gf just told me she likes the look of the Impreza hatch, should I be worried?

>muh gasket meme
>muh timing belt meme

And what do those have to do with cvts?

Very much

There hasn't been common head gasket issues since the early 2000's.

Timing belt service is at 105k

"Other repairs"

4/10

I don't know. Keep asking cunts on a Chilean finger painting forum and you might figure it out.

literally Honda has a better cvt and they half-ass all their automatics.

that's worse than fuel cell warranty on most hybrids.
shouldn't it at least be 130k miles.

OP here did i forget to mention the absolute JUST of having literal water mixed with teflon for oil?

Forester hands down then bud. Practical is subjective to the user but we seem the same in lifestyle so a forester would suit you better.

Posting the next generation of CVT, the CVP.

No belts, just balls.

What will end up happening is those ball bearings will jettison and punch a hole in the case

>there are people who non ironically bought a cvt wrx

LOL

looks heavy

Only Subaru is capable of making a CVT that gets worse mpg than a manual, I guess that's what makes it a Subaru.

It's like 1/10th the size of the CVT in the OP.

I should get a bed cover for mine.

>balls touching
next generation homo engineering

subaru is shit

inb4 someone ironically defends the cvt wrx

anyone?

Dog shit slower than 10 second 0-60

You can't hoon it as much as you can a regular Impreza and everybody assumes you're a lesbian.

A Forrester is basically just an Impreza with a larger internal volume.

Kek

CVT is fine. If you don't like it get manual. If you don't like eyesight, then don't get eyesight. It's annoying as fuck but if you let women anywhere near your car it's worth having.

Wait a sec... were you just on /b/?

>t. SOA rep

Huh? No. Y?

What even is the issue with CVTs dying? Is it a heat issue?

Almost every shitty AT can be made to last a long time by applying an additional radiator and fresh synthetic fluid with fresh filters, even those shitty Honda ATs.

The only CVTs I've seen last are paired with piss weak engines like the 130hp Corolla