Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

Uncle Wilson edition

Previous thread: This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Official Steam Group Edition VVVVVV
steamcommunity.com/groups/rs2gsquadup

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PN1BV11hVzI
youtube.com/watch?v=w3VeKnW9cNo
psywarrior.com/wanderingsoul.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Animal Mother is the epitome of a typical military idiot. With ego bigger than his brain, his recklessness and constant need to show off got the Cowboy killed. No tactics, no attempts to outsmart your enemy, just hurrah forward into the kill zone.

Anyone else feel like the only reason this game isn't in early access is because they're scared that people will refund it when they hit 1.0 and haven't fixed anything?

who cares. it already sold 200k copies. No turning back now

related to helicopter discussion from last thread, good explanation of the basic principles

youtube.com/watch?v=PN1BV11hVzI

I wouldn't be surprised.
That's kind of what happened to KF2. TW pulled the game out of EA, which meant that the Steam refund system pretty much ignored everyone's time on it, so people were able to get refunds, even though TW did actually fix most of the problems with the game.

However, it was Karma in a sense, since one of people's biggest gripes was the Zedconomy which was introduced literally out of fucking nowhere with no warning and then just thrown into everyone's face as if it had been public knowledge and anyone complaining was just retarded.
It was for the best though. The people who liked the game and wanted to stay were fine, while the people who just wanted to get their money back and get out were able to do so without being stuck with the game and bitching on the forums 24/7.

>have vietnamese gf
>be commander
>let her say demoralizing propaganda tracks on radio when playing GI
>let her say morale boosting propaganda while vc

Can someone help me? The game won't launch for some reason since 4 days ago now.. Verified files and uninstalled and reinstalled. Still won't launch..

>tfw the post-launch innocence of people running around having fun is gone and has been replaced with hardcore camping simulator

I'm just spooked that their response to hitreg issues has been so flaccid, essentially putting the burden on players to find reliable way to recreate something that is absolutely pervasive at this point. Having bullets go missing every now and again is infuriating in games where the ttk encompasses 3-5 bodyshots. It's game-breaking when one shot kills. Never mind when whole bursts disappear into the ether.

Sure thing man and my name is John Wayne.

>Hue
>no one is micspamming Hanoi Hannah
100% should be part of the vanilla game.
Map atmosphere goes from whatever to incredible with just that extra detail.

youtube.com/watch?v=w3VeKnW9cNo

It's okay brehs one day you'll make it

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Hello John Wayne
Is this me?

Is she a cute Chinese viet from the north, or a gorilla-faced gook from the south?

WHO SAID THAT? WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT?

>no operation wandering soul
psywarrior.com/wanderingsoul.html

>tfw not sure if people are hacking or just have a marginally better connection than the rest of the server

>kick menu lets you see profiles
>some faggot getting 135m headshots through obstacles
>only game on his profile besides dirty bomb, 11 hours
there was also a guy on a skirmish server with like 4 people on it, I just hopped on for the basketball and one man cap cheevos, curbstomped him, then all of a sudden he grew spatial awareness and always knew where you were coming from

>people actually play with dof on

>mfw it looks good but it's bugged as hell when ADS

This.

I can't fucking move out of cover seemingly anywhere anymore without getting hit by a grunt from 150 meters out. It was better when nobody knew the maps and all the good spots to camp, meaning reaction and improvisation skills could net you amazing results. My k/d has dropped from around 5 to a little over 1 in the past few days.

>suppression with dof
>world turns into soup
>suppression without dof
>very minor blur
I'm honestly amazed they let you turn it off.

whew i said to my friend yesterday that it felt like an aimbot was just released because I was getting pinged while running 100+ meters out

nice to hear.

>some faggot getting 135m headshots through obstacles

Oh I can explain that one for you. The game doesn't render a lot of objects out past about 100m.

The best example of this is in Hue City. When the US takes C, the spawn on the bridge and there's a lot of sheet metal on the archway under C that blocks LOS. But from the archway further down the road by D looking at the archway under C, those objects all disappear and you can see, and shoot, directly into US spawn since those objects can be penetrated by fire.

>tfw expecting to get banned for boosting any day now
Fuck you and your stupid grinds Tripwire/Antimatter.

>thinking anyone cares about some dumb exploit in the game itself
they're after the actual cheaters m8

>mfw i know they're gonna reset their levels
t. grunt

Wouldn't surprise me, the same thing happened soon after the RO2 launch.

>animeposter
>gf

Ok guys I need some help.

had like 300 hours in RO2/RS and I consider myself pretty decent in those.

Yecently I've picked up RS2 and after clocked around 20h of playtime, I am on the verge of quitting.

I actually think that my old habits from RO2/RS are hurting me. The automatic weapons increased the lethality way too much for me.
When I advance, I get shot, when I stop to camp, I eat a bullet 15 seconds later.

I know that 80% of that game is map knowledge, but can you guys give me some basic tips in RS2? Maybe I am missing something.

Just follow teammates around, dying is 20% luck but dying constantly is your own fault
I've also come over from RO2/RS and have had zero problems, and honestly I just throw myself into fray and net around 1-3 kills each time

mind you he had 80+ headshots before point D on chuchi, and the obstacles included solid penetratable objects and smoke/arty

Increased lethality means that even the lowliest of grunt can wipe an entire squad so expect people to die a lot. Best way to win games is to take it upon yourself to be a good squad leader and plant tunnels/spend your time afk in capture points to spawn people. That being said advancing on maps like hill is mostly trial and error as you sloely grind forward and cap charlies hiding behind every rock. The effectiveness of smoke is also reduced because grunts can spray through it. Overall you'll just have to learn the maps if you just don't wanna die, sticks ro the flanks yadda yadda

Smoke may not render at 100+ meters on lowest settings or something like that
Or he actually uses ESP, wouldn't surprise me, cheats for RS2 started getting released back in november during betas

>sticks ro the flanks
mfw theres 40 people on the flanks

>your rich leaders grow richer while you die in the swamp
Well she's not wrong

Now THIS is a smokescreen!

Yeah that's pretty suspicious
Honestly if you're every curious just spectate them, they make it pretty obvious

>the restaurant lady
bitch, she stole someone else's bone souls to bolster her own business, while their family is probably grave hunting and restless
>oh ya they my son now faggots, don't even know their name just put brank headstone and rake in lodsofemone thanks to soul magic

>watching team mates run into machinegun fire
The team I was just on had no concept of perception.
Literally running past people and getting shot in the back. I could only kill so many.

I wonder how we won.

So how do I get the best LOD for iron sight sniping (100-200m)? Already set shadows and foliage to low, should I also do that to FX effects and world detail? Also it looks like lightning quality doesn't do anything

Play Supremacy.

when this shit happens to me i just spam switch team and hope

theres no redeeming people who fail this way

Anyone else find other posters or stuff like this?

Let's hope that when we get the arvn we also get more commander abilities.
>smoke screen
>mortars (shittier arty with lower cd)
>loitering air support (some old shitty plane firing rockets and machine guns at intervals)
Also, speculate on new possible classes

>new possible classes
tank drivers
medics
special operatives

>medics
lol

I have gotten 8 people kicked today for being liberal crybabies and a few more for playing niggers

Nate?

Yes?

>Cleaning out the tunnels under hue with the flamethrower
>Pointmans cleaning out the mines
Now this the tunnel rat experience. I don't know what they thinking denying primary weapons in other tunnels. Deeper and complex tunnel systems under chuchi and hill when.

There needs to be a supremacy map where one of the objectives is the main chamber of a massive tunnel system.

>Play grunt
>Can't fire primary weapon
>Don't have pistol

pls no I've had enough of lockers, metro and guadalcanal

Use your bayonet you maggot. Damn this FNGs these days.

You can't melee with the weapon you're not allowed to use, I think?

General stuff I'd like to see
>Bronco strike TL ability
>Gooks climbing trees
>Kiowa helicopter
>Gunship Hueys
>Night maps and flares
>Spooky that drops flares
>class that can act as a mobile supply point/deploy supply points
>LAW
>tanks/apcs/etc

I just want my Thompson and Garand.

>No smoke strike commander ability
>No patrol boats
>No M203
>No farmer class that gets a random weapon and spawns in a random place on the map

We have the M79 instead of the M203, M203 is a piece of shit

gooks climbing trees would be super easy to implement, add glowing environmental ladders like they have in hue and viola: sneaky tree gooks

Yes, you can. maybe you're not supposed to, but you totally can. I crouch-sprint through tunnels with my bayonet charged up and it's fun as hell.

>>No farmer class that gets a random weapon and spawns in a random place on the map
I'd be getting flashbacks to mount and blade napoleon and the russian partisans
>tfw spawn and your weapons are two empty vodka bottles for throwing and a fucking tree

on the other hand changing every fucking tree into an entirely new object with a new model would not be, you twat.

I wish the GIs would scream out some shit when charging like, "Get a load of this Charlie!"

>sneak through tunnel
>hear gook gook gobbledygook on the far end
>charge to quickly and silently bayonet him
>AAAY YO CHARLIE CHECK THIS SHIT OUT
>get shot the moment you step into the room

>every tree
who said every tree? that'd be dumb as fuck, changing a couple in a new map to be gook lookouts would be easy and not completely pants on head retarded

Welcome to red orchestra/rising storm. Where you're trying to sneak through a war zone and your guy won't shut the fuck up. Get used to it.

Sauce for the semen collector.

M 79 is not even zeroed in correctly

>black GIs don't yell WORLD STAAAAAAAAAAAAR

>tfw just wanna stay home and tell GI to go home
>capitalist pigs make me go do slave labor

under glorious communism this wouldn't happen.

Holy shit the moist nugget in this game is one of the most satisfying guns I've used in a shooter in a long ass time. Nothing beats the satisfaction of oneshotting a GI and rubbing it in that all his fancy toys are worthless, NOTHING

why is nobody using traps?
Gooks would never lose if they just put traps everywhere

>when you're in a safe area and then your guy suddenly grunts and the screen fades slowly to black and the kill feed disappears

What the heck keeps getting me?

Most people don't know how to plant them in good spots without wasting half a minute trying to get them work. They also do it while under fire for some reason and get their asses killed so most of the time they don't.
You got your brain blown out but for some reason they stop the kill feed.

>safe area

BAHAHAHA! No such thing exists, not even on Territory! Flankers hide on the edges of the map with their barrels pointed towards your route to the objective, and ANY idiot with a rifle can shoot into your spawn if he finds the right spot! You DIE, GI!

Why don't people get the fuck out when I warn them I called napalm or a barrage strike?
Why don't people get on point to cap the fucking objective?
Why do people camp around the spawn point?
Why don't people mark strike coordinates?
Why don't people spot enemies?
Why don't squad leaders dig tunnels?
Why are most players too retarded to flank/realize they're getting flanked?
Why are there so many retarded incapable faggots playing this?

And watch the goddamn tutorial videos on the menu, they actually tell you how your class works and wtf you're supposed to do. It might increase your chances of doing a little better.

Because people that are usually pinned down don't have time to look at the text chat and get out
Because the enemy is there pinning everyone
Because Spawn killing is one of the best ways to deplete tickets and fucking hard to pin down
Because LOS, some points like C on An Lao is impossible to mark with the binocs unless you use the purple smoke
Because if you fuck up the spotting, you create a false positive and freak out your squad, you should mark if you fail to kill the asshole
Because not all points have good tunneling options like Point A & B of Hue city
Because they are dead. Good flankers don't stay and get spotted.
Because it's less than a week since it released.

7.62x54r will penetrate your cover. 7.62x39 will penetrate your cover. 7.62 tokarev will penetrate your cover.

Your only hope is to accept your inevitable death and commend your soul to the emperor.

>Black squad leader

Would anyone else prefer if the US commander lost spooky and got 'smoke artillery' instead, holy fuck if that wouldn't be 99% more useful than what we currently have.

It really needs to be common knowledge that pointmen and radiomen are excellent squad leader roles, very useful for hanging back (allowing the commander to move up with the squad leaders) and throw smokes for the squad to advance.

Currently the most effective tactic, because squad leaders don't have their own role and don't get smoke grenades reliably, is to be a squad leader as americans and suicide rush the enemy point, to allow your squad to spawn on you in there instead of throw smokes and send your men off to die which is how I'm assuming is supposed to be the way the game goes, and is how RS1 went.

Why would the GI commander need smoke artillery when a shitton of classes spawn with two smoke grenades?

If you lack smoke as GI, it's not an issue with the game, it's an issue with your team.

I want this patched in.

You're not wrong... But the commander should go to radiomen, not the other way around. I often see a radioman humping the commander, and while it's semi effective so the commander can set marks from the flanks, it's wasted smoke grenades. Especially on Hill or Chu Chi 2nd/3rd set of objs where the US team needs as much smoke as it can get.

This isn't really related to the game itself, but since we have plenty of micspammers here, how do you do it? I have installed VB Audio cable and despite all the tinkering I can do, my source engine spamming experience isn't doing shit for me. Preferably, I'd like to set up VLC so I can play audio through it into RS2.

rs2 isn't meant for territories game play. play supremacy instead

It literally takes 0,1 seconds to read "Arty on C, GTFO".
I've also had plenty of instances where I'd be sitting on an enemy objective alone for a full 5 minutes trying to cap it only to get shot by one faggot because no one in the team is willing to come help me out because they're camping with 15 people on another objective or fucking around on the spawnpoint.
No, people just suck balls.
Git gud faggot.

Sure, but Radiomen aren't frontline soldiers so they should always stay a little back to avoid getting shot and actually be useful to the commander. This is where most faggots fail.

> Tfw you use nigger GI and darkest NV skin tone for extra camouflage.

Am I the only one doing this? It's so easy to spot bleached GI in the jungle, it's like they were carrying a target with them.

Rate me /RS2g/
I know I'm pretty useless in terms of the objectives, but I just play sniper most of the time since it's the role I enjoy the most

>defending on Huehue City as a rifleman
>enemies popping out the tunnels
>finally realize the tunnels are a gigantic weak point in C
>direct people to watch the tunnels
>clear them out
>set up behind the crate at the end of the long straight tunnel below C with my AKM
>rack up a massive kill count
>win the round because I cockblocked the GIs' advance through the tunnels

I do too. I am the shirtless kang of the jungle.

>Be US
>Get on point, we're about to cap
>stray grenade kills me .0001 microsecond before we cap and I don't get the capture bonus

Every god damn time.

why did they always give the m79 to black GIs?