/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Thousand Cuts Edition

>The Make It Rain Campaign Event May 29th-June 12th
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/the_make_it_rain_campaign/

>Stormblood Launch Trailer
youtu.be/qBEvWWdKOBA

>Pre-Order FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ (Early Access Begins June 16th)
stormblood.na.square-enix.com/

>New Features, Jobs, Skills, and Changes Coming in Stormblood
docs.google.com/document/d/14SbRI6EBkgUfQxaQM-qIwN7c__Hvuk4vW6VN11OlKUo/pub

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/325411-Consolidated-White-Mage-4.0-Feedback-Thread
youtube.com/watch?v=PZHIXnDs4qE
youtube.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbp52Z9jRg0
youtube.com/watch?v=kgSS1pDkMgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY
youtube.com/watch?v=hSRtFesPEpE
youtube.com/watch?v=3NlEOkh7ZFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i love catboys

Who is your favorite Scion?

same =w=;;

Tataru counts right?

But user you are

auhhhhhh

Only in the game

What exactly was good about Ravana, Sophia, Zurvan, and Nidhogg?

This doesn't include things that don't involve gameplay like music.

Reminder to hug your WHM today

>this doesn't include things that don't fit my arbitrary standards nobody else shares
a spreadsheet simulator might be more up to your speed

What? Dude, you can listen to music on Youtube. It has no effect on whether or not a video game is good by itself.
What's important about whether or not trials are good is if they're fun to play.

Music doesnt make a fight good, user.

>there's been one guy shilling for the new WHM saying its fine for over 50 pages

is yugiri considered a scion at this point or do you have to have that purple tattoo to qualify?

Aesthetics, atmosphere, presentation and music are just as impactful as gameplay mechanics for a good boss fight.
What's so good about Thordan? None of the mechanics are new or unique.

It's not just about music, user.

Really? Where?
I recently switched back from AST to WHM because I enjoy it more.
I personally am not gonna do any progress raiding so WHM will be perfectly fine anyway, but I do hope they do something about how the lilies work.

Yes.
She's an honorary member so I guess?

Is it me, or do her thighs start of waaaay too fucking high?

This cat girl is deformed.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/325411-Consolidated-White-Mage-4.0-Feedback-Thread

>can't unsee the really small to missing stomach
>that right arm too

They do, she suffers from an exceptionally short torso. The artist is a retard who doesn't understand anatomy or proportions.

What kind of stuff will you do if I send you a tell?

ReadNot just you

They won't kill off Y'shtola because she's a main part of the Alexander questline. My guess is she'll get fucked up to the brink of death and gets healed.

>What's so good about Thordan? None of the mechanics are new or unique.
What's so good about mechanics being new or unique? What matters is how those mechanics are utilized.
Thordan was one of the best instances of a fun use of mechanics. There were a lot of different mechanics, but none of them made you feel you had to go out of your way to stop playing the game to do them like Ravana's orbs forcing you to run around the perimeter of the arena.

>Aesthetics, atmosphere, presentation and music
None of this was any better than ARR on the whole, though.
Sophia isn't more atmospheric than Garuda.

ThingYysara do better.

>They won't kill off Y'shtola because she's a main part of the Alexander questline
All events happen sequentially regardless of if you do them sequentially or not as a player.

There are cutscenes that involve Nanamo as well that aren't tied to the MSQ. You can see these cutscenes after the events of 2.55.

>Bismarck Final Phase
>not the best trial theme in the whole game
And I'm the one baiting?

Let's talk about the game anons.
Is anyone else excited for the main story quests in SB? I think it's gonna be a pretty cool and interesting story.

The only thing I can gather from your post is that you're butthurt about invuln phases.

>Sophia isn't more atmospheric than Garuda.
Okay? The best trials in HW are better than the best ones in ARR, and the worst HW ones are better than the worst ARR ones.

test

i dunno do you like darkies
i'm not pale atm

>Cure II= 100% lily
>Cure II= 100% same MP and Same GCD at your current Stoneskin
>Divine Bension is an oGCD meaning you can execute it on demand.
that's actually pretty cool

I'm mad as hell
But I'm a WHM

youtube.com/watch?v=PZHIXnDs4qE

This is basically the first encounter with Zenos.

I more mean like, non erp stuff

>The only thing I can gather from your post is that you're butthurt about invuln phases.
Oh. You're an idiot, then. My mistake.
There's nothing fun about having a mechanic force you to stop playing your job to run around the arena for a short amount of time. There's also nothing engaging about running away from orbs. Thordan approaches this much better by having the phase where you don't play your job happen all at once, for the most part.

>Okay? The best trials in HW are better than the best ones in ARR, and the worst HW ones are better than the worst ARR ones.
You can't just repeat your point again. That doesn't make it automatically correct.

I love the feudal Japan aesthetic of it all, so I am super stoked in going to that part of the world. I love the look of the new enemy armors and the new big bad looks fucking sweet. Also, this whole rebel uprising thing and liberation feels like it can be a cool idea.

And seeing what looked like Estinien coming back feels really nice. I missed him. So yes, I am kinda stoked.

Not looking forward to queuing as a SAM like everyone else though

Well they way you worded that I can only assume you meant something lewd

But i really want to farm birds if you're into that

yeah I meant non erp lewd stuff
I'll farm birds too though, I do like playing the game

For a lv 66 skill that uses all lillies that is on a minute CD it should cover all party members when you realize 15% won't do dickall on a big pull/tank buster

>new big bad
>new

Well you know what I mean, you asshat.

>66 skill that uses all lillies
>Worse than AoE Bole

First of all you don't stop playing your job once orbs pop up unless you're a melee job and surprise surprise, Thordan's towers, lightning and eye do the same thing to a lesser extent AND they come up much more often.
Second, I think Thordan is a great fight. Just like the most of the other HW trials.

>You can't just repeat your point again. That doesn't make it automatically correct.
And you can't take 2 completely random trials as examples to prove your point.

Welp I've got some 4+ hours to kill til my wife(female) gets home and we can resume leveling together.
I'm on my third month of this game and she her second.
I am a BLM and she is a SMN.
I have been casually leveling a CNJ and ROG but want to explore the tank role in this game.

Is GLD or MAR more fun to tank with at early dungeon-ing levels?

MRD by far
GLD is straight up painful until lvl 40

MRD is more fun.

sounds good to me. thanks fellas

>First of all you don't stop playing your job once orbs pop up unless you're a melee job and surprise surprise,
This isn't really true. You can't keep up your rotation as a BRD, MCH, or BLM. Your DoTs will still tick as a SMN and you could spam Ruin II if you're an idiot, but there's not even time for you to spam Ruin I/III.

>Thordan's towers, lightning and eye
They're also significantly more engaging. There's no real thought to running away from orbs. You do it the same every time and that's the end of it.
Last phase Thordan involves a lot of randomness that you have to reactively deal with.

>And you can't take 2 completely random trials as examples to prove your point.
What? The point wasn't to compare those two trials in particular, you fucking idiot. The point was that there's nothing more atmospheric about HW trials over ARR ones.

At least they'll get some love in a week. Blocking magic and shield oath at 30 will be so nice.

I really want the big bird but Zurv parties are pretty scuffed
It's hard to go into one and not feel like you're gonna be wasting time

GLD has more mitigation and you can generate aggro almost indefinitely.
MRD is squishy early game and rounding up things is a bitch with TP early on

We're at 240 pages of WHM salt.
Is this the biggest blunder of the game?

>when the embargo first lifted have a friend talk about changes to WHM
>hear Divine Benesion as a 50% shield, not 15%
>they don't correct after I say 50% multiple times after wards
>look up the skill the day after
What a 50% shield on a single person with a 60s cooldown really be so overpowered? Just make it that.

I tried grinding out the ravana bird a few times but parties don't happen as often for like any of the primals when I look
it sucks because during 2.5 I grinded out all the horses right before HW launched because there were always parties but not really anymore

>tfw no one on Ultros to fuck me while daddy is away

A buddy of mine came across this game and says it's awesome and superior to WoW, which he was an avid fan of.
He wants me to play with him and I would like to know some key differences from WoW, one of the last MMOs I played, so I can make an informed decision.
So if anyone could provide a perspective in those terms I would appreciate it.

>The point was that there's nothing more atmospheric about HW trials over ARR ones.
Spelling out your point doesn't automatically make it correct.

>orbs and thordan
You seem really fixated on a mechanic that happens literally twice before enrage, but that doesn't matter.
But you keep comparing one HW to another when my original point was that HW trials are better than ARR ones.

I want to run PotD with a group for the first time. Do I need to know anything so I don't annoy anyone or ruin the run?

Just jump in. You'll get a feel for it by the time you get to floors that actually require any amount of thought.

>Spelling out your point doesn't automatically make it correct.
I know you probably felt really proud mocking me like this, but at no point does me clarifying my point to you suggest that by doing so I'm suggesting my point is automatically correct.
Try again, bud.

>But you keep comparing one HW to another when my original point was that HW trials are better than ARR ones.
And my point was how are Ravana, Sophia, Zurvan, and Nidhogg better than ARR trials? A point you've refused to approach.

I want to bust a fat nut in a cute catgirl

its exactly like wow but better
however, wow is 100% completely open world and this game is not, we have loading screens in between our big zones, and no open world pvp

Where are my SAM and NINs at? Post your dojo music.
youtube.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbp52Z9jRg0

youtube.com/watch?v=kgSS1pDkMgQ

youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY
Guess my job

combat is slower in this game
pvp is shit
raids are always about 4 bosses and each boss is in its own instance which is usually just a few small rooms of trash
you can play every class on one character
there is no way to increase your inventory storage but you can pay money to get extra retainers (which are essentially your bank storage as well as auctioneers)

I only have Ravana and Sephirot...
I always get fucked on drops in decent groups and then they disband before i can get one ;w;
Discouraging

youtube.com/watch?v=hSRtFesPEpE
We also play with plastic models in my dojo.

I have sephirot and thordan, I got insanely lucky with both
if you wanna do stuff, lewd or not, sometime maybe I'll have to hit you up...

SAM here
youtube.com/watch?v=3NlEOkh7ZFU

Lizard post.

>I know you probably felt really proud mocking me like this, but at no point does me clarifying my point to you suggest that by doing so I'm suggesting my point is automatically correct.
I would assume you making a point would imply that you actually think it's correct, unless you're straight up fucking with me.
And like I told you before, comparing two completely random trials doesn't prove anything.

Back to my original point.
>Presentation
The majority of the HW trials actually have a lead up that makes sense plot wise, you don't just fight them because they're big monsters you're told to kill. Your character is directly involved with Bismarck, Ravana, Thordan and Nidhogg. You don't spend 30 arbitrary quests preparing a banquet before you go fight one of them like you do with Titan.
The exception to this is the warring triad, which feel more like ARR primals in this regard.
>Atmosphere
Fairly subjective, but you can't deny HW primals are infintely flashier and more over the top than the ARR ones.
>Music
Completely subjective, but I've never heard anyone complain about music in HW.
>Gameplay
Gameplay is the exact same no matter what you're fighting. The core of the game is adhering to your rotation as closely as possible while moving and killing adds for mechanics. There's close to no randomness, everything is scripted.
You just do a different dance in each fight. You're playing an MMO, not Dark Souls.

So what class do I pick for dps to not get screwed in stormblood?

It grows every day. It is going to grow tonight.

Psychosis.

your lizard gives me a "post" if you know what i mean
;3

that's a pretty cute art
the eyes are kinda odd though

>I would assume you making a point would imply that you actually think it's correct, unless you're straight up fucking with me.
You're a fucking retard. You misunderstood my point. I clarified that point.
I am not using my clarification to prove myself right or wrong. I am using actual arguments to do that.

>The majority of the HW trials actually have a lead up that makes sense plot wise, you don't just fight them because they're big monsters you're told to kill.
So... every trial in ARR too? Did you even pay attention to ARR's story?
>You don't spend 30 arbitrary quests preparing a banquet before you go fight one of them like you do with Titan
How tedious the quests are in the MSQ have nothing to do with the trial itself. Especially since that's what leads into the normal mode of a trial, which they don't even develop anymore.
>Fairly subjective, but you can't deny HW primals are infintely flashier and more over the top than the ARR ones.
Flashiness has nothing to do with atmosphere. Atmosphere deals with how atmospheric the fight feels in conjunction with that trial's theme. Garuda's fight is very atmospheric for a wind goddess, etc.
>Completely subjective, but I've never heard anyone complain about music in HW.
I've heard people complain about both and praise both. Regardless, each trial's theme fits thematically in both ARR and HW which is what's most important.
>Gameplay is the exact same no matter what you're fighting
I didn't think someone could be so fucking wrong and stupid.
There's a big different between needing to look out for a random mechanic and having mechanics play out the same each time. There's a big difference between fights that are tuned properly and fights that allow you to skip half their phases with decent DPS. There's a big difference in mechanics that are actually enjoy and well-paced and ones that are tedious and break up the pacing of the fight.

Why do you keep paying shit artists for this
There are literally good artists that will draw your character really well

you really should stop posting your commissions/drawings every time something new is shat out. it reeks of bragging and attention-deficit problems, and honestly, i have nothing against you, but it's pretty low quality

>it reeks of bragging and attention-deficit problems
YOU DON'T SAY

I had a dream where they were rounding up and lobotomising WHMs forcing them out of their classes they would even give people Gil and tome incentives on every WHM they captured. It was pretty shitty.

God damn I am so happy I have decency not to brag about with art on Veeky Forums.

>slutty
That ship has sailed. better go to Odin, like the rest

>need a FATE to spawn for hunts
>go around knocking out low level FATEs in the zone to get it to spawn
>some yahoo kills it before I can even get there

Why is playing a lalafel the purest shit in existance?

>try to farm earth sprite kills in core blimey for S rank hunt
>openly state to hold on to the cores in shit and turn them in at the one min mark
>some cuck turns them in within the first minute
>says he needed exp
>he's lv 59

>No friends on Excalibur in general

>EU

lol ok no really, which is best world?

post name if you are a irl qt grill

That ship has sailed as Balmung and Gilgamesh are locked. Go to cactuar I guess and try your luck there. Idk

I've given up on forcing it to spawn, I'm just sitting alt tabbed on the goddamn spawn point and will hop back in once I hear the FATE music. This is the first time I've really gotten into hunts, too, so I had no idea it was going to be this frustrating.

pst...

What was the hunts name