Who else /Forced Induction/ here?

A thread for turbocharged and supercharged tards.
>your car
>sc/tc?
>is it intercooled?
>horsepower/torque

Me:
>2003 PT Cruiser GT
>40mm Mopar turbocharger
>yes, front mount
>345whp/389tq

Forced induction is the automotive equivalent of rape.

>>is it intercooled

Not all production turbo cars had intercooler you dumb fucking teenager
You say that like it's a bad thing

>>your car
500c
>>sc/tc?
turbo
>>is it intercooled?
ofc (factory)
>>horsepower/torque
62 kW (85 PS) / 145 Nm

Those things are so adorable. How long have you had it? Has it been reliable?

>how long
about 8 years or so I guess, not sure desu
>reliable
the engine yes, but it likes to destroy front right light bulb from time to time (once a year or so.)
needed a new clutch already, but that's tolerable because 3 people learned driving in it and it has almost 180k km on it already.
it's fun to drive, but I personally don't really like the high seating, it feels a bit weird compared to my other car. It's more of a womens car. I don't know if, but i seriously hope the Abarth version has a lower seat.

I was asking because I want to get my GF a cheapish small car for school and these seem perfect. She likes high seating, and I want her in something a bit safer than the CRX she has been driving.
I'm prepared for a bit of electrical bullshit desu, since I have 3 chryslers lol

2017 gti
Turbo obv
316hp/386tq

2004 Neon SRT-4
Turbo
Yes (AGP direct fit FMIC now)
254whp/307wtq

Stage 0 car with an intake, 3" straight pipe, canned tune, and FMIC upgrade. It ain't bad but it ain't fast.

Turbo here

>your car
Kia Optima
>sc/tc?
2L turbo
>is it intercooled?
With methanol injection
>horsepower/torque
Factory it came with 276hp, eventually it will be about 320.

>E91 320d 4-cylinder memediesel
>turbo
>yes
>177/350nm

It's not fast, but DPF-delete and a tune should hop it to about 230-240 rwhp

don't need an intercooler for a super charger

Is the super charger better than the hellcat?

it's super

>FiST
>stock TC
>is there a forced induction car that isn't?
>235hp/260trq

>don't need an intercooler for a super charger
What a load of complete bollocks.

>94 fairlady z
>two Garrett t25 turbochargers
>HKS v mount FMIC mounted vertically
>approx 300kw, 400-450Nm @1 bar

The numbers all based off of online information, but it seems pretty consistent. It was tuned in Japan so I don't have the actual numbers

It's pretty cool to think that at 1 bar of boost (15psi), your car is holding an entire atmosphere of air on top of the atmosphere it already contains. The 3L VG30DETT effectively becomes a 6L VG60DE

Now I wish that engine existed

Which brand tune?

yes

>1987 Buick Grand National
>single turbo
>front mount
>???

>2008 BMW 135i
>twin turbo
>front mount
>400/400???

>1988 Merkur xr4ti
>single turbo
>not intercooled yet
>???

>2007 Golf GTI
>Tarbo
>Stock intercooler
>300 bhp

>1983 Thunderbird Turbocoupe
>TC
>no
>146/180

04 GTP
SC
no
280hp (probably) after some mods/idk torks. Its also very slow

>vl commodore
>turbo
>yep front mount
>230rwkw, 1100nm torque

Not always.

Thets fhully fhucking hjektic uleh

mate im not a wog

and thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, they need it as much as turbos

>your car
2013 Veloster Turbo
>sc/tc?
Turbocharged
>is it intercooled?
Yes
>horsepower/torque
Haven't dynod mine, but people who've done what I have done so far have about 250hp/245ft-bs.

335i

6266 precision

26 psi currently, once i get methanol injection (next week) i will raise it by a few lbs. Then plan on a transmission swap

Audi TT 8N
1.8T K03 turbo with stock intercooler
180 hp

Slow off the line but when TARBO kicks in it takes off like a raped ape. Tons of highway passing power too. Nice low growly exhaust note and tweety turbo whistle. Love it.

Stop being retard superchargers are as old as time. they barely had any fancy intercoolers and heat exchangers 25 years ago let alone 98 years.

Toyota AW11
SUPERCHARGED BESTCHARGED
Intercooled
Makes 170HP @ 2400ibs

no need below 8 psi
and its just easer not to bother

so 29 psi is further compressed by the pistons ?
8/1 CR would make like 232 psi at TDC
but CFM is more important anyway
that and charge density/homogenisation

You drive a vl turbo therefore you are a Lebo. Just like I drive a z32 therefore I am an old man. Just stereotypes fampai

I've always assumed that for every atmosphere of boost you double your displacement. Is there a ratio like this?

>a ratio like this ?
not that I'm aware of
and there is no knowing how bs something is till its tried irl
I want to turbo but skip some of the exploding fuck up part of it

just little bits of bs gathered so far
1/10 at 6000 rpm draws in one atmosphere and makes 100 hp per liter (ideally)
every 14.5 lbft is one Atmosphere
8.7 lbft adds 50% power
17.4 lbft adds 100% power
1 lb/min for every 10 hp
divide cfm by 14.27 to get lb/min

twerk multiplied by rpm then divided by 5252

high-phosphorous, high-zinc motor oil because it helps keep bearings in shape,
especially in all the turbo cars. There is also the added benefit of increasing the lubrication properties of the oil itself. Benefits all around!

14.7 air-fuel ratio @ no boost
11:1 air-fuel ratio @ 14.5 psi

>temperature
Ethylene Glycol
>for iorn block
Phosphates
>for alloy head and water pump impeller cavitation
silicates
50% part water
50% part Ethylene glycol
DO NOT ALLOW the concentration
of coolant to fall below 40% or exceed 60% as engine parts could be damaged

>Mercedes-Benz T80

methyl alcohol (63%)
benzene (16%)
ethanol (12%)
acetone (4.4%)
nitrobenzene (2.2%)
avgas (2%)
ether (0.4%)
(methanol-water) injection for charge cooling and as an anti-detonant.

>Mercedes-Benz W154

methanol (85%)
nitromethane (10%)
acetone (5%)

>your car
VW Passat

>sc/tc?
Garret(tm) Turbocharger

>is it intercooled?
Yes, offset front

>horsepower/torque
90BHP/210Nm

>Car
SAAB 9.5 Aero
>SC/TC
Stock Tarbo
>intercooled
ye, stock
>powah/powah
320HP/546Nm

Yes, if you double the pressure at your intake (+1 atm) you also double your comp ratio (not considering charge heat and other stuff)
look up dynamic comp. Ratio
The magic with methanol is that you can inject it like nos and just let the boost run wild

1.6TDI?

Rape is a social construct

1.9 TDI.
It's a 1999 Passat 3B

Is fuel injection rape?

>>your car
2013 F150
>>sc/tc?
TT
>>is it intercooled?
Ye
>>horsepower/torque
365 hp
420 lb-ft

>>your car
1990 Skyline GTR
>>sc/tc?
TT
>>is it intercooled?
Ofc
>>horsepower/torque
493 hp
380 lb-ft

Well, it's obviously turbocharged since it's a modern diesel.

Volvo S60 R-Design
Tc
Yes but it's the tiny stock one
325hp/354tq

Currently in the process of building a 1jz with a top mount single turbo set up

BC 264 Cams
750cc Bosch injectors
Metal HG
ARP head studs
Top mount t3/t4 manifold
Garrett GTW 3884r turbine

Should make 450 pretty easily with room to add power later

Is it VVTi?

FoRS
Memeboost
Yes
Never dynod it, can only parrot the crank figures from ferd, 350/350

2003 Acura RSX
Turbocharged
Yes
711whp, 535wtq

Passes hellcats like they're standing still.

I feel like you go out of your way to make sure the red spokes line up on the Skyline.

This is the second picture of yours I've noticed it in.

My JDM EJ20X arrived today. Hopefully this swap is as easy as they say it is.

Not sure what I want to do with the VF38 turbo. Debating on ordering a downpipe and running it.

13BT from an 88 rx7. top Mount intercooler moved to front. 10.5psi 250ish hp

I bet this thing is fun to drive.

Nice man, how's the reliability on that? I've heard it's pretty good just a pain in the ass to work on.

>'17 Wrx
>TGV/EGR deletes
>catless J pipe
>Invidia Exhaust
>ECBS
>upgraded TMIC
>protune
pushing about 330 to the wheels with 360 wtq

I didn't even notice that until you said something

>250ish HP
>In a car that weighs 2200lbs
Damn that sounds like a good time, love those Koseis btw

>the car that tries really hard to not hide in its parents' muscle car shadow by reaching into the import scene but still isnt accepted there either.
I personally hate the SRT-4 but more for someone else I guess.

I know that feel. I've brought it to many meets and people laugh at/mock it, then those same people get tight in the pants over my wife's stock '16 WRX.

Sounds like bullshit fanboyism, who gives a fuck about a bunch fags who wet themselves over Subarus?

really not a fan of how turbo engine feel desu

I always thought the SRT-4 was a neat car. It just makes me sad that not even other Mopar people seem to like it, really no one does even though stock 230whp in a car that weighs 2900lbs was still pretty fun.

Goal is to get it to 330-350whp soon.

Because there are idiots everywhere, if they didn't like it they aren't true Mopar heads
Allpar loves the fucking thing, and everyone that actually like Dodge/Chrysler loves the 2.4 turbo cars

It's doable user, easy even. Performance intake, stage 3 intercooler, and a canned Diablosport tune will get you to 300, and the stage 3 turbo and a 3" exhaust will get you to 345-350. Honestly much more than that and it's impossible not to spin your tires unless you have big fat slicks up front.

I'm on the stock TD04 right now pushing 18psi, stock injectors; as it sits it's pushing the ragged edge of the stock base system with 130k on it.

Plan is to fab up a short runner tubular manifold (twin scroll maybe), grab a PTE5431, maybe a divided housing with a T3 flange if I can find one, 750cc injectors, 255 fuel pump, 3 bar MAP/TIP sensors, and get to tuning it. Should be capable of more than I'm shooting for but it's a DD and will be on 93 so room for conservative tuning.

>2017 124 Abarth
>turbo
>yes
>170hp/180tq

Best car in this post.

This. Lag sucks. Give me a nice atmosphere fed motor or at least a supercharger.

You're bringing it to the wrong meets.

Any true mopar head who lived through the K-car knows it's fast. Hell it's the perfect modern reinvention of the Road Runner.

Let them hate, so long as they fear.

v70
tc
yes but i would like to upgrade the intercooler
260/310tq

It's funny how a car that completely BTFO of the import scene isn't accepted by it.

Srt4s are still considered one of the fastest 4cyclinders you can buy.

well im sure its faster than a wrx, but they make such terrible noises its hard to like them.
some cars sound fun, some sound strong, the mopars just sound annoying.

I remember my K body LeBaron fondly. That 2.2 turbo I motor too such a beating and kept going.

I've brought it, the SRT, to Mopar meets before and it got hated on more than my 1g ACR.

>Terrible noises
Do you even like cars? The fucking stock exhaust on the SRT-4 was awesome, it had cracks and burbles for a fucking four cylinder, and it sounded like that from the factory for around 20k, the SRT-4 is underrated and hated for no good reason other than it embarrasses Tunerfags who are insecure little fanbois

o hey dude
c30 turbo 5cyl
yea
stage 1 tune from shark
258hp/296tq

yup
Suzuki Wagon R Wide Turbo
73 kW/118Nm
prob a bit more due to more boost than stock

93 civic
B18b1 (mild build)
TD05 16g
14psi
268whp
225tq

Why is it when I look on craigslist a lot of the EG swaps that have been done have been either 18Bs or 20Bs?

>your car
88 rx7 t2
>sc/tc?
turbo, stage 3 or 4 bnr hybrid (freshly put together but not from bnr, to4 compressor not sure which looks like to4b, P or O trim exhaust wheel)
>is it intercooled?
stock tmic
>horsepower/torque
350whp maybe? still haven't dyno'd it, destroys cars that dyno at 300rwhp

I personally think the b series is an amazing engine and fits perfectly in that chassis. Other reasons may be that k swaps are still pricy and d's are stock.. just guessing though.

thanks. it's also got a RB aluminum flywheel, exedy stage 1 clutch. Gslse 4.07 final gear, and a 50 shot of nitrous split between the main port for each housing

>blue lights for cooling
running the fc rack/subframe too?

The engine itself is dead reliable, maintenance is generally pretty easy. Problems arise with electrics and corrosion, and working on it is a pain in the ass

After I changed the timing belt my hands were covered in cuts

Pic related is my super tidy tucked shaved bay

Wrx sti
Tarbo
Yes
310 whp

just the motor. we ll swap in th= turbo transmission during winter after Cruising the coast

Jesus Christ why does the CR-V get uglier every year?

whats the appeal of these slow, ugly cars?

best in thread

thanks! you are awarded 30 points

you forgot to quote

>Audi A6 C6 2.0TFSI
>tc
>yes
>170 bhp/280 Nm

I think that I'm the slowest guy around.

11' A4 2.0TFSI Quattro
Turbo; intercooled and currently 230HP; 330 @ Stage 2.

Before undertaking my turbo build I read a lot on various forums... before I even bought the car. It's an NA8 Miata, whatever.

And one of the smartest things I think I read when doing a DIY build on these is to upgrade the main studs but leave the head studs stock. That way if shit gets too real inside the engine the head gasket will blow before bending rods or cracking heads or detrimental knock or anything else... let the head me the fuse cuz it's easily the cheapest fix.

I'm aware that 1JZ and nearly all I6s can take way more punishment inside than a Miata 4, but seems super logical when throwing things together and experimenting with tune.

Stop sucking LPG's dick. We know it tastes like candy but it's addictive and can cause diabeetus

Damn. Even though it looks REALLY clean and nice it still looks like a nightmare to fit anything in there, let alone hands and tools.

I know next to nothing about z32 other than memestuff... is it possible to relocate and reroute anything? You're right the electrics would throw me into an autistic rage

>meanwhile in their den, the males notice a new inhabitant
>they admire the seductive clean lines and attractive shape of this new neighbor
>the alphas attempt to woo their mate
>some are already opening their hoods to try and impress by showing what they have to offer
>the newcomer, however, sits unimpressed by their advances
>doesn't even flash it's eyes as it awaits to attain what it came for... copious amounts of precious oil