/twg/ - Total War General

King's Return edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Developer Interviews on TWW2, focus on Lizardmen, High Elves and campaign features.
FFA confirmed as separate MP mode with its own maps:
[YouTube] Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles
[YouTube] Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - Lizardmen Roster Reveal
Text version to avoid aneurysm:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bOD4fK8f3JI
youtube.com/watch?v=EQvGuSHMbMc
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692703514
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog#Race_Packs
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog#Campaign_Packs
youtube.com/watch?v=YNxwf_x2fyI&list=PLDY5Cnwcwxa3K2RGv1DU-_vnmQ_DXI9nV&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=y61DLw88dBA
youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

S O O N
O
O
N

The more i think of it the more i am convinced we will actually get Skaven in game 1 as the new race.
This guy kinda sums up what i am thinking.
youtube.com/watch?v=bOD4fK8f3JI

What about you guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=EQvGuSHMbMc

So lore wise what skills should I give to legendary lords? In lore is franz more battle skill tree or campaign skill tree?

If you could have a tame pet version of any animal from the Warhams universe, what would you pick?

Not happening. Nobody else fits player 4 in TWW2.

He's stronger in combat in game than in the lore. He's pretty damn good all round though.

If we're actually getting the Norscans, are we also going to get that army list reskinned for the Hung, Kurgan, and Tong?

We wouldn't be able to have DLC for more Skaven lords and units because you damn well know they won't be able to fit everything into one base game or race pack. Tomb Kings have just about the least reason out of everyone to go for the Vortex.

It's possible we get both. A skaven dlc for the old world and skaven faction in the new world as part of the 4 base races. Then if you own both maybe you get the skaven dlc for free.

>Posting worst emperor

Anything that inspires and buffs his troops i guess.
Also you may want to give a mod like this a try if you want to invest in all of the troop buffing skills.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692703514

Franz is the greatest statesman the world has ever known. Everyone love Karl.

Jabberslythe

>posting 40k shit

Fuck off

>talking shit about Our Glorious Warlord

Look again, it's actually Age of Sigmar :'D

That sounds like it would make players absolutely fucking livid, so no I do not think that is possible.

Tame or not, you'll still be driven mad just by looking at it.

Rock the boat!

Just use a mirror

Same thing. That's why everyone hates it.

The wait for Old Friend has already driven me mad.

Maybe he's blind.
Like a seeing eye Jabberslythe.
So it's legally allowed everywhere.

>the norsca race pack isn't only some norscan tribes with an expanded roster and unique mechanics but also expands on hung and kurgan tribes as a subfaction that you can choose

>subfactions you can choose
>aren't even on the map
very clever

They'll substitute them in, as they did with Cranky Moon and Clan Angry

>what is horde

The mongols didn't bother Mauritania very much.
Same way those tribes don't bother the current campaign map beyond inclusion under chaos undivided.

NORSCA fucking CONFIRMED

You have been granted access to the halls of Athel Loren

I hope she finds somebody's hair in her lunch.

>norsca will probably get a balance patch with this update
>ASININE MORTALS and stacks with 19 chariots will be over soon

DOGS OF WAR SHITTERS BTFO
REDDIT RAT SHITTERS BTFO

Cool, I don't want to be eaten by those ugly wooden monstrosities thank you.

wanna paizuri that asrai

we'll get 19 Mammoth chariots instead. truly BEYOND

Surtha Ek looks down on you ASININE MORTALS from new Mammot Chariot (Throwing Axes) Mount

>sarls led by Wulfrik- war mammoth chariots
>throgg the troll king- troll chariots
>mount options for both: only chariot
>javelin chariot
>master chariot riders

>Surtha ek gets cucked by Throgg as a new lord for Norscans

would the memes truly end?

Surtha Ek (Axes Chariot) (Throwing Mammoth) (Flaming Weapon) (Fast (for an asinine mortal))

Wot da zog is all 'em knife ears doin' wit dat look.

Where's da armor? Ain't they suppose ta shoot us?

An' wot's dis think bout "aksis"? Dat somethink you eat?

ya dum git, aksis is wut der 'umies and stuntiez call our chappaz.

>a fucking troll

top kek

>Grace will never tease your dick

Oh shit

what if the new faction is a horde army based around Sarthoreal?

So i'z been granted da "aksis" of da pansie knive ears? Dey'z givin' me choppaz?

I like dese pansies.

Surtha Ek at the gates dlc campaing soon

What if the Old Friend is agent cinematics?

meh she obviously confirms the race is norsca at that point. CA probably doesn't want to overhype it like Old Friends because of lack of info

THAT WOULD INCUR MY WRATH

Those are anime elves.

>Wood Elves research the technology trait that gives them better relationships with greenskins.jpg

>We don't want to overhype it
>Let's stop rampant speculation by being as vague as possible

Please.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

>Norsca will get "cool new mechanics" while Chaos will remain unfinished crap

Maybe the FLC is a chaos rework?

They literally said the existing DLCs would benefit from this new DLC you r-tard

>Nobody else

TOMB

KANGZ

RUN ALONG LITTLE RAT

Merely jesting but they are adding the Southlands on one go, there's a chance even if I don't believe it

Grace just confirmed that Old Friend is a model import/exporter and that the new race will be to see who can be the first to import an animation skeleton with jiggle bones.

blood dlc- extreme bloody disemberment edition confirmed
only 5,99£

>jiggle bones

Chaos' campaign mechanics need a near total rework you mongoloid

And I'd like to remind you that the wording is "This particular Free-LC will benefit not only main game owners, but also DLC owners too this time."

Meaning that it's NOT some content drop just for the DLCs, it's something that'll affect all the factions.

If you honestly think this will mean major overhauls and roster updates to the DLC races then you're delusional.

An actual reasonable guess would be something like all the base game races getting the Bretonnian trait system.

They've already said that wood elves would be the biggest DLC game 1 will get so I doubt it's another full race.

Explain what about their mechanics that needs a "total rework"

>I doubt it's another full race.

It is.

It's a race pack, they literally said so in the post and they embedded this link to an explanation of what that means:

Wood Elves were a CAMPAIGN pack.

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog#Campaign_Packs

Meaning that this DLC won't have a mini-campaign like Wood Elves and Beastmen, so it'll be smaller but still a full race

Nah, they said existing DLC would benefit from the accompanying FLC.

Reading comprehension user. Means the FLC is likely Regiments of Renown for factions that currently lack them.

>Means the FLC is likely Regiments of Renown for factions that currently lack them

No, they said that main game owners AS WELL as DLC owners would benefit from it

>"This particular Free-LC will benefit not only main game owners, but also DLC owners too this time."

Meaning that it doesn't make sense for it to be something that only DLC races would benefit from

another full race would be like skaven, tomb kings or halflings or something though.

Norsca & Southern realms aren't really another race because they're already in the game, but are still technically a "race pack" because they aren't playable atm.

>Norsca & Southern realms aren't really another race

They are if they get a full new roster.

And your point is moot anyway since CA called Bretonnia a "new race" despite them also already being in the game and also being humans.

>Grace just confirmed that Old Friend is a model import/exporter
Did she?

Yeah, a race pack is just a new faction, it being humies (Norscans or Southern Realms) would still qualify it as a race pack.

Yep, and Bretonnia are essentially a base game faction now, seeing as you can't get the game without them, and they lack RoR.

So it is almost certainly RoR for them and DLC factions

read my first post you autist. It's irrelevant how CA term their DLC, skaven aren't gonna be the race because they already said that wood elves were the last big DLC.

>Norsca & Southern realms aren't really another race
White are a race

We need to stop cultural genocide of Norscan culture.

Brets were also suppose to be the last race pack released for TWW1

Wowzies times change maybe things can change too.

Holy fucking shit, I literally JUST explained this you mouth-breathing troglodyte

Wood Elves were the last big DLC because they got a mini campaign and these won't.

I even posted links that explain the difference

Kill yourself you mongoloid

>stacks with 19 chariots
Is this a meme? Only campaign i've done in Warhammer was Empire and i never saw them pull that shit. Mostly just a bunch of marauder infantry with a couple of trolls and horsemen mixed in.

It does happen.

Because of the way Norsca's roster is limited Chaos Chariots are the highest cost/tier unit they can make, meaning that the AI prioritizes them when it can.

Naestra & Arahan when?

I have this song in my orc playlist.

try this one;
youtube.com/watch?v=YNxwf_x2fyI&list=PLDY5Cnwcwxa3K2RGv1DU-_vnmQ_DXI9nV&index=6

Why does it feel like infantry are wet lettuce in this game?

>So it is almost certainly RoR for them and DLC factions

Just like how Old Friend was "Almost certainly" Boris Toddbringer 2 months ago, right?

Your fucking guess isn't doesn't even approach certainty.

WOW FUCKING SHITTY NORSCA "AAAH ASININE MORTAL" HOLY SHIT

OF COURSE FLESHING OUT ESTELIA, TILEA AND BORDER PRINCES IS A BAD IDEA, OF COURSE. BETTER FUCKING WITNESSING SURTHA KEK BEHOND YOUR FUCKING COMPREHENSION, AHAHAH MUH WAR MAMMOTH ARMORED BLESSED OF THE LADY (CHARIOT)

GIVE ME MY FUCKING LEOPOLD LEOPARD COMPANY, CAAAAA REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>He thinks CA fall for their own mini-campaign to up DLC price bullshit
They said wood elves were the last big DLC because they were the last new race to be added to the game, not because they couldn't go through the effort to make another shitty mini-campaign that no one played you dipshit.

Are you honestly saying that Skaven would be considered a lesser DLC by anyone just because they don't come with a shitty mini campaign?

>they already said that wood elves were the last big DLC.

They have on multiple accounts said how due to the unexpected success of their DLC, they have and are constantly reevaluating their focus and efforts on future DLC.

Going to start a legendary Saxon campaign. Should i stay with Germanic paganism or swap to some other religion?

Attila or Charlemagne?

No, they said Wood Elves was the Biggest DLC they were going to make, not the last big DLC.

Wood Elves had a whole campaign with it.

>It's a "/twg/ spins completely non-existent information into utter certainty despite it all being 100% conjecture and guesswork that will almost certainly get proven wrong." episode

But let's all get mad about something we've literally memed up in our fucking heads while huffing out own farts, that seems like a GREAT idea.

Calm your tits, nothing's confirmed.
The only thing a smiley face means is 'I'm marketing and I'm paid to get people to talk about our game, so here's something to argue about'.

If it's Norsca I'm a little disappointed. But that's okay, if Norsca is fleshed out, the Southern Kingdoms will be too, eventually

>Brets were also suppose to be the last race pack released for TWW1
in the context of a second game being released that same year which includes Skaven.

What has changed?

Warhammer is popular enough that they are adding EXTRA stuff on top of Bretonnia for game 1 i.e stuff was not planned with the release cycle which already included Skaven in game 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=y61DLw88dBA
youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo

There's a ton of songs about orcs on youtube, but most orcs in other settings are very different from Warhammer orcs.

It would have been so cool too, like Estalia starts out in full control and everything in order at home, so they're THE faction based around going off into the world wherever they want to or feel like, to explore, conquer and settle.

Bretonnia is *sort* of like that but it's not the same, you can ride off on errant wars for chivalry, but it's not like sailing off beyond the horizon to the edges of the Warhammer map to loot and pillage.

Attila

First of all, I don't have a clue how you've memed up this idea that I'm arguing that the race DLC is gonna be Skaven, they've all but fucking confirmed that Skaven are in Warhammer II, there's clan symbols on the fucking logo.

And secondly, your conspiracy theories and retarded ideas about what is and isn't a "race" in this game (Which are directly contradicted by own CA themselves use that word) don't mean shit, you have nothing to support your ideas.

CA themselves linked the definition of what a Race Pack is.

Here, I'll post it again since apparently you're too fucking retarded to follow links.

>Race Packs introduce a new playable Race to the game, either as a first appearance, OR ADDING A FULL UNIT ROSTER, HEROES, LORDS AND PLAYABLE LEGENDARY LORDS to non-playable existing races in the core game.

>if Norsca is fleshed out, the Southern Kingdoms will be too, eventually

Gryphon easy, they look loyal as fuck. I never liked empire that much till I found out how much of a bad ass franz was, not to mention that his best mate is fucking deathclaw.