/mcg/ MineCraft General: Terracotta Edition

We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/EkxG4B3F
imgur.com/a/HBtaY
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/6fy1cd/my_problem_with_the_post_1710_era/dinabc2/?context=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I eat farts

Fuck off faggot

Magical Autism Serb: pastebin.com/EkxG4B3F

imgur.com/a/HBtaY
Has anyone tried the LOTR mod? How is it?

Holy shit what the fuck were they smoking?

This is the way of progress and all modders should strike for it!

they heard complaints a few people were making about how minecraft is is rather dull colourwise, especially compared to how the grass/trees and that used to be
but the morons at mojang got the wrong Idea and thought people wanted rainbow blocks to craft instead

>I like it. Working with the terrain makes it look more fluid, assuming it's done right (vanilla villages can be a good example of wrong), and the multi-levels fit nicely.
>Inb4 "backport to 1.7.10 please /s"
>9 puntos hace 12 horas
-
>Agree with DasNocti about 1.7.10. Also, I'm wondering, would it be possible to generate "Multi-level Overpopulated Hives" type cities, from 10-40 Y level to 100-200.
> -5 puntos hace 8 horas
Just for clarify, both were talking about some 1.11 mod, the one who gave his opinion about the mod and was mocking the 1.7.10 players got the leddit upvotes while the one giving as well an opinion on the mod but saying he would like a 1.7.10 backport to some random user and not to the developer got -5 points.
But it doesnt end here, watch this:
>Just to be sure - my comment about the backport was a snarky meta-comment referring to the "OMG we're all still on 1.7.10" threads today.
>I don't actually expect it to be backported!
>14 puntos hace 8 horas
-
>Well I do!
>-10 puntos hace 5 horas
>Got his comments hidden due to low score
He wasnt begging for a backport, he literally just said he would love to see that and still got his comments hidden for having a respectul opinion of his own while the other was getting his dick sucked by the redditors even tho he clearly mocked 1.7.10 players, for saying they like that version, and thats against the rules as well but its ok when we do it.

OMG I LOVE IT!
Those colors are very progressive! ^_^

What type of structures would you like to explore in the Recurrent Complex Mod. I have loads of unused stuff that could be appropriated.

My first two ideas are either biome/culture-specific buildings or post apocalyptic ruins (pic related).

Feedback appreciated!

D E E P D A R K F A N T A S Y
E
E
P
A
R
K
F
A
N
T
A
S
Y

Something that fits well into the surrounding area. I liked the mineshaft entrances, there were also some nice small altars. I think the hot air balloons were most out of the place.
The stuff feels the best, if it's a little ruined, reclaimed by nature, and doesn't stand out.
A very big idea: abandoned metropolis, dynamically generated used features from Recurrent Complex, that can make big things out of pieces.

>I think we should go even further 1.10 is for what its worth, stable. So development for both those versions should stop. DEAD. in favor of 1.12

>Will 1.10 and 1.11 players miss out on upcoming features? welcome to updating baby. Back porting should NOT be a supported attitude.

>And I mean that with bug fixes too. Leaving bugs where they stand will encourage players to stop dragging their feet. End of story.

>I won't let what happened with 1.11.2 happen again. Its not okay.
Holy fuck.
>Rorax
Oh wow.

Welcome to le leddit xD

Where people can't understand sarcasm and who is posting matters more than the post itself

>Bugs should be kept in old versions to encourage movement
>Says the """profesional modpack maker""" who is a literal FTB shilling cunt
Somebody should send a pack of dragon dildos to "her"

>My first two ideas are either biome/culture-specific buildings or post apocalyptic ruins
Both of those would be great. I like the tower in the image and I think something like that would work well. What were you thinking of for biome and culture specific buildings though?
>The stuff feels the best, if it's a little ruined, reclaimed by nature, and doesn't stand out.
Seconding this
and if someone could pull off the whole abandoned metropolis idea but have it show up somewhat rarely that would be great, but I imagine that would e a lot of work.

>What were you thinking of for biome and culture specific buildings though?

A series of small buildings and props, each defined by an architectural style;

* Desert: Arabic/Persian
* Savanna: Orcish
* Forest: Skyrim/Viking
* Swamp: Haunted house
* etc...

The more I reflect on it, the more I favor a post-apocalyptic world. There's something really pleasing about exploring abandoned industrial ruins taken over by nature.
I'm imagining large concrete silos and towers with some small campsites scattered around.

What would you think of an abandoned shopping center or mall? Would that be too big?

The important part of designing procedural structures is to keep them non-specific. Something can suggest it used to be a shopping mall or arena, but having 5 shopping malls spawn next to eachother spoils the immersion. Imo, the key is to deconstruct everything down into simple modular parts, which can combine into something more specific. The technical term is Gestalt, I believe, where the whole is more than the sum of its parts.

Right, that makes sense. Something to suggest a commercial district would still be possible though right?

If possible, post me a pic of what you mean...

It would probably be smaller than this, but here's the general idea. Maybe have a central paved, but grown over, area with a couple random ruined store fronts or buildings around it.

lol! I had Stalker/Tarkovsky in mind the whole time.
Instead of the whole thing, I would break it down into the following components and have them spawn:

*Low story buildings
*High story buildings
*Pavement or parking spots
*Series or clusters of buildings
*etc...

>lol! I had Stalker/Tarkovsky in mind the whole time.
Good taste.
Anyway that sounds fine. So long as it sometimes spawns them together. Anyway I'm looking forward to the final product.

Helloski anons, I am new to this shit (mostly), and I want to run some good shit server for me and my friends.

Nothing too crazy (the extensive engineering mods is too much), we have more of a exploring, rpg kind of attitude? I like the look of Biomes o Plenty, and I also wish to get mods for villages, strongholds, etc that enhance the existing features much more.

I don't know where to get started though? I read 1.7.10 is the most supported and stable, but should I have other utilities, etc? Curse is the gay herpes, I don't want it. Also I am for now running this on my home pc (16gb ram and 100mb/s ok for a maybe 10 people?)

Thank you in advance my friends

>Pavement or parking spots
Just as a warning, but pregen structures that include an outside floor usually dont blend with the terrain and end up looking out of place.

roguelike dungeons
grimoire of gaia
recurrent complex
ancient warfare
tinkerer's construct

That's part of the challenge, but don't expect miracles.

>villages
Witchery

thank you good guys, i will look at these

is there ones you advise for simple shit, like map for marking your places, getting around easy, etc? we like to explore, but want to find our way home. i think this is common?

I find minimaps boring, you always can use compasses. But there's Xaero's Minimap for that.

yes i think so as well. i mean for like, keep a marker or some shit at one place, and be able to find my way back from two hours of going in random directions? "home is that way so many meters" kind of thing.

Different packs, ie one being post-apocalyptic contemporary stuff, other ones being specific biome/culture combinations that can be mashed together or used seperately.

Most minimaps have waypoints that you can set for that.

yes, waypoint, thank you. i will indulge in these, be well friends

Is there a non-weeb version Grimoire of Gaia?

If you just want harder mobs then primitive mobs and techguns can give you that. If you want powerful fantasy mods, then no, there's no non weeb version.

It's called reading the config and disabling the monster girls.
Don't forget to set the spawn rate for minotaurs to 10000.

Why?

>Extraplanet updates
>Higher tier rockets now become fuck huge

That's neat and all but it kind of ruins the look of my galacticraft area.
Although maybe it's an improvement now that I don't really need to use it anymore.

what is this? Is it like GalactiCraft but better?

>GalactiCraft but better
It's impossible to be worse than Galacticraft.
But it's just Galacticraft but more. It just adds more planets, with the exact same terrain generation, and a few planet specific ores.

it looks bad anyway

bump with madness

i've heard of pissing in a bottle but this is ridiculous

>Non-decaying hydroangeas

Does anyone have any documentation or information on configuring Roguelike Dungeons? The git repo wiki is out of date and fairly lacking. I am looking for something more comprehensive.

suck it vazcunt

shit. link to the castlevania modpack anyone? i thought the old thread would still be up today.

You're gonna have to wait for castlefag to show up, the download for it is fug.

Modded MC will never get to this point again.
>all those interdiction torches
I cry everytim

I can feel my tps grinding to a standstill

So I installed the LOTR mod and so far its really pretty, but it seems to be prone to crash A LOT. Anyway, I want to allign with the sandniggers empire but currently Im in the hobbit area (they have giant, weird feets) so I guess I´ll have to travel a lot.

As for someone who doesnt know the lore, Is there something I should know about it?

>been having issues with variable int/float shit for several days
>ready to give up on it
>the solution finally clicks

It actually works like I wanted it to now. I feel so much better now it's working

Ayy, good shit

This type of circlejerky bullshit happens CONSTANTLY on plebbit.

If you point this out on Veeky Forums there's always a few guys who try to say it's not "that bad" but it IS that bad. They downvote the most innocuous opinions, let alone opinions on more controversial and important subjects.

Not even kidding, just getting the tank comparator shit working opens up new options for automation

System.out.println() is my best friend for debugging shit sometimes

Piping shit like this seems a lot more fun than modern options I currently use, but I will say that the lag this induces would probably be really fucking annoying.

Thank god for mcjty's xnet.

holy fuck why are maps so retarded?
I'm running a multiplayer server with spigot and its so goddamn annoying that players wont show up on maps at the higher zoom levels

This mod is a (buggy) beatiful thing.
>there's always a few guys who try to say it's not "that bad" but it IS that bad.
I have a feeling I know who is behind those posts, his name might start with "asie the cuck". I still like him anyway

AND ITS NOT CENTERED AT SPAWN HOLY FUCK

who made these retarded design desicions

aYO

WHAT IS ALL THIS GOODNESS

>TC3 aura meter
It's modded MC back when it used to be good.

I know nothing about TC5, what is this?

can you use mods without an account?

It's parts of TC5 backported to TC4.
The Aux Tank is something new though

Yes, I know it's part of TC5 but what is it. What does it do?

It's not part of TC5 mate. It's completely new for this mod.
It extends the internal (essentia slurry) capacity of the essentia smelters (TC5 alch furnaces), and can provide a comparator signal based on current internal essentia %

Wait, nigga made a completely new machine?

Back then the lag was more manageable.
Now a days that would be painful just to walk near but back then you would hardly feel any difference.

holy fuck I hate hate hate the new biome generation

>wondering why deserts and jungles never spawn
>made 6 worlds now
>most of them explored with 2 or 3 of the largest scale maps
>NEVER ANY FUCKING DESERT

so fucking stupid, why did they think they needed to make it so rare? I only found one jungle and it was at x=4000 from spawn. in survival mode I would literally never encounter those and just give up.

biomes are grouped into thermal types now, , deserts only appear in hot clusters (jungles too most likely)

if you spawn in a hot area, all you'd be seeing is shit like jungles, deserts, and savannas

>that
>laggy
there's a reason older versions are significantly better than new ones.
That barely lags at all.

Jungles are fucked because they still use the old code and are weighted really really low or something.
I heard that somewhere.
Deserts is just you being assfucked by RNG.

damn that's pretty cool. why are older versions less laggy?

don't ticking entities cause TPS lag in modern versions? what did it used to be like?

>somehow must have missed all my shit from the last 3-4 threads about it
Read more carefully, nigga

Because mojang are fucking retarded and notch wasn't.
The more notchcode a version has, the better it runs, especially modded.

You used to not have to do any of the lag management shit you do now, you could have big factories all in one or two chunks, walls of like 50 machines, etc.

thanks a lot for backporting tc5, with even some new stuff. can't wait to try it out.

For the low price of $20 dollarydoos a month, you too can have exclusive access to cutting edge beta versions :^)

I can't wait to see how reddit will react when captain releases it

I wasn't aware it was completely new, I thought he was porting it.

>immersive engineering's new item for meme verisons called the garden cloche
>grows crops at this rate with just water and RF and no fertilizer

conveyor belts are required to extract the contents at the moment which looks nice but is laggy as fuck. regardless this is going to be able to power a lot of diesel generators.

I think there's a change in the air with all the 1.12 talk recently. Some people have had enough of the version fracturing that's only getting worse, not helped by devs like Elucent
With hopes of getting TC on latest memeversion dashed, it might draw people back to 1.7.10

Unlike my other shit, this will probably make some waves, and given the amount of thaumcode in it, it probably won't be on git

Someone suggested it last? thread, and it was a genuinely good idea - so since I'd just finished the aux pumps, I started on the aux tank

can't wait either. those dipshits just suck the dicks of guys like elucent because they don't want to bite the hand that feeds as it were.

>With hopes of getting TC on latest memeversion dashed, it might draw people back to 1.7.10
DONT
STOP

DONT TOY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THIS AND GIVE ME FALSE HOPE

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/6fy1cd/my_problem_with_the_post_1710_era/dinabc2/?context=3

Are there any 1.10.2 equivalents to Treecapitator that aren't TCon?

yes, not using 1.10

TreeChopper, I was using it earlier.

Thanks.

veinminer or ore excavator. works on trees by default.

>look up modpacks based on map, want to see how people's pre established worlds might look, I am in the mood to explore shit

>"map' catagory mods also include skyblocks
>the whole catagory is just skyblock shit

making a 1.10.2 server, this is what I've come up with so far. Going to test and probably discard a few.

forgot the pic

>hobo in 2017

Is Hobo the new Brad ded?

>yfw the game crashes when you hit quit