How clean do you keep your car?

How clean do you keep your car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9i2eZaJsC7g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It doesn't have much room to accumulate trash, which turns out to be a plus for a guy who just tries to give it a decent once-over each spring while doing the yearly oil change overall check-up.

>mazda
It's full of jackets and some receipts, and a couple random bottles of water jammed under the seats that I can't be arsed to fish out.
>nissan
spiderwebs, dirt, wasps, spiders, giant foam pads, more jackets, around 200 pages of reports from my workers that i put in the trunk that got loose and just went fucking everywhere. I'm getting to the point where I just want to burn the fucking thing.

I don't. Being dirty doesn't effect performance or reliability.

I keep it clean. No trash/detritus and I vacuum once a week and condition the leather 3 times a year.

Quite

The inside is usually quite clean. I'm not gonna scrub or vacuum the floors every day as it gets dirty nearly every day at work, but I keep the actual interior & windshields clean, and dust the dials and stuff regularly

The bed is a bed, but I try to keep it tidy and relatively clean. I keep a small brush and some alcohol if I need to do a quick brush & clean either before or after an eventual transportation of patients

The only "trash" I have in my car is a wadded paper towel in the front pocket for wiping the dew off of my mirrors in the morning so I can see.

I vacuum and clean the inside every couple weeks. Can't stand grubby cars.

Previous owner had left trash and food all over the place. Every time I work on something I usually find either spare change or french fries.

_| Never eat in it.
_| Any garbage you make, gets thrown out when exiting.
_| ???
_| Clean car.

>(also detailer)

I keep the cab of my Prelude immaculate, but the trunk has some stuff in it like my gym bag, jumper cables, work-related documents, etc. The only "trash" in my car are receipts from gas stations and fast-food restaurants that I keep in the center console compartment until it gets too full.

I would pork that ham desu~

I keep the owner's manual and rego in the glove compartment, have a small plastic bag with a pair of shorts in the trunk because i'm too lazy to take it inside
Wash it every 1-2 weeks at a coin up hand wash

I only keep things in my car which I use everyday, or a few emergency things like jumper cables, flashlight, etc.

>gratuitous exterior shot

That's probably the nicest 2G automatic for some distance homie

Thanks, I've owned it for 12 years now.

Just a tick over 213,000 miles on it.

Turbo? That's some good DSM love there dude. I've had 3 and they've all been some level of roached out. The AWD was pretty nuts tho

>sweatshirt and raincoat in back seat
>few napkins in doors
>some dirt
>kick my feet together every time I enter
>terrible mass of coins in center console even though I have EZPass
>all trash is immediately taken out when I get home

Yea. I've owned 4, two AWD Talons, one non-turbo Spyder, and this. All pretty reliable, just gotta do maintenance before mods.

i have a plan for unlimited washes at a nearby automated car wash so i get mine washed 2 or 3 times a week. vac once or twice a month or as needed. i have rubber floor mats that collect most dirt and are easily removed and hosed off. dust off interior and clean windows once a month.

That's the truth. Too many cheap, fun cars like this get the mods only and they die

Water bottles
Reciepts
Straw wrappers

I keep it "neat" in a sense that it doesn't really accumulate garbage. got some tools floating around the back and a pair of speakers sitting in the "backseat" (2 door XJ). the front carpets are basically destroyed so I just vacuum it out/rinse off the rubber floormats every now and again. rinse it off when it starts getting dirty.

I keep the interior pretty clean, save for a few stray bottlecaps and receipts. I fuckin never wash the exterior during the summer though, I only ever do it to clean off roadsalt in the winter.

Work truck is dirty as fuck. You autists would probably have a spazm if you saw it. Personal car is clean, but Indont bother vacuuming out every grain of sand in it or anything

1. Push front seats forward
2. In the rear rails of the front seats remove plastic covers
3.Remove small white tab over rail that is connected to carpet
3. lift carpet with the tab or use fingers around carpet cutout to lift
4.???
5. Profit

Found five dollars in change when i was in college. There is more in there but it was to far in to be worth getting out. Thank god for dollar store tortillas and cheese. Had food for a week until i received my 1st part time job check.

>How clean do you keep your car?
Mine is one of the cleaner cars I've been in. I vacuum it and do a quick rinse of the outside about once a week.
I also keep a box of wet wipes and wipe down the steering wheel, gear knob etc. all the controls you touch with your hands.

>not conditioning your leather
6/10 try harder son

turns out a lack of backseats and a not waterproof compartment means I either keep it clean or I chose between a passenger and my shit

My current car/truck doesn't have a single piece of leather tho

I weekly/bi-weekly conditioned the leather on my Mercedes tho. 18 year old leather really does need a bit of love

>not waterproof compartment

THE COMPARTMENT HAS ONE JOB TO DO

I'm an absolute neat freak when it comes to the interior. Regularly pop out panels and just go to fucking town on them with a toothbrush and soapy water, condition and clean the leather at least once a week, vacuum literally everything, mild chemicals on the plastics, shoe polish on plastics to keep them shiny, throw out every little piece of garbage, power wash carpets, rub every single stain out, I go the extra mile every single time I clean out that car.
Please help.

not get it dirty in the first place
or only get it dirty in places its easy to clean
>just detailing habits

Pressure wash it at least once a month.

I autistically have what's kept inside the car to absolute minimum and lightweight.

I deliver pizza so I have to clean it a lot

>daily I clean all the papers out of the door
>hand duster kept behind the driver seat used once a week on all interior
>weekly vacuum with a shitty hand vacuum, and maybe once a month use a shop vacuum.
>use chinese mr clean magic erasers to wipe up shit like coffee drips on plastics every other week

Somehow I've managed to keep the new car smell in a year of pizza delivery on a 7 year old car with a cloth interior. Everyone thinks the car is new.

NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU SCRUB IT WILL NEVER BE CLEAN.

Seriously though, it won't. Dust is just going to keep on settling in as you work on cleaning the car, and at a certain point, you'll be taking out as much dust as you put in.

Not to mention, aren't you concerning that you might scratch all that stuff when you take it out and put it back in?

I wash the thing whenever it needs it, which is like once a week. However, I can't seem to fix the shitty touch up paint problem. Does anyone know how much its going to cost for a body shop to take care of, or at least where I can find a bug deflector for a 2014 mazda 3 so I can at least cover most of this crap up?

In the back there's a sweater, a rain jacket, and a bunch of cloth gorcery bags. In the front there's probably a coke bottle cap. In the truck is my spare tire, some oil, tools, work boots, and a fishing rod

Ive found there to be a high correlation between smoking and having a ton of trash in one's car.

Not everyone i know with a filthy car is a smoker, but i think almost every person i know who is a smoker has a filthy car.

Maybe its silly, but i lose a lot of respect for a person if i find that their car is full of trash/random shit. It says to me that the person doesnt have respect for their own things.

I agree

t.smoker with a clean car (i dont smoke in my car)

How to clean/wash cloth seats isn't there a machine or something you can rent

Why do women keep so much shit in their cars?

They're hoarders, shopping is a part of it. It's the nesting instinct.

Depends if I have work or college, usually my car is full of binders and books I'm too lazy to bring in after finishing work. Food and wrappers I dispose of every stop, like at a gas station or at home.

You can use a steam vacuum cleaner, provided it comes with one of those small handheld tools that connect to the machine via a hose. You can rent them, but they can come in handy more than you might expect, and they're not that expensive to buy.

Wash and vacuum every week, throw out trash daily, keep everything except club in the trunk out of sight.

After my wife threw up all over the passenger seat I stopped giving a shit and stopped cleaning it cause it looked horrible even after doing everything I could to get the puke out.

I wash it once a week and vacuum the floorboards whenever they get noticibly dirty. Problem is I live down a dirt road, so I can wash my car, drive home, and immediately look like I came straight out of the dust bowl.

How insufferably haram. Did you stone her?

there are people that doesn't clean their cars at all out here

I clean my car at least monthly, sometimes more frequently if I'm feeling it. I usually do a basic vacuum job, wipe interior with cleaner, and dust the dashboard.

I know someone who owned a Scion tc and they kept their car so dirty, it's similar to the pic you posted, but not as bad.
One time I convinced him to clean the shit out of his car with me, he rented a rug Doctor, and went to town on the interior and it was grody af. But after that it was clean for at least another week.

I hardly ever clean my car because the exterior somehow never gets dirty and I always keep my shoes clean and never bring anything into my car. So I'd say I keep it pretty clean with no effort

Good cunt. I know exactly what you mean.

My 06 CTS has 300k on it and the interior looks brand new down to the stock fabric mats.

People actually find it unnerving and I've had a passenger tell me it's like a serial killer's car it's so clean.

That's what I get for being so autistic with shit like carpet shampooing, cleaning the rims before the brake dust corrodes and UV protecting my seats/dash.

An old lady had me beat though, I drove her 94 Corolla and it looked like it had just come off the lot, was pretty cool, not even a spec of dust in the vents.

There are very few things that reside in my car permanently, and I will list them now:

>3-pack of Black Ice in the glove box
>phone charging cable connected to head unit
>box of wet wipes in the boot
>can of deodorant in the boot

I absolutely refuse to have my car filled with trash or unnecessary items.

youtube.com/watch?v=9i2eZaJsC7g

>not having a mechanics ratchet set in the trunk

or is that just chevy life?