Where were you when a $130,000 pigfat luxury electric sedan put power down better than multi-6-figure "hypercars?"

Where were you when a $130,000 pigfat luxury electric sedan put power down better than multi-6-figure "hypercars?"

and it lost in the track

but can it do it consistently?

how many back to back pulls before the system cuts power?

teslafags btfo

>8 seater sedan outperforms the best ice in existence

>will literally never hit the track or a togue at 7/10s in my imaginary Tesla

>implying you will have to stoplight race Mustangs and GTIs that many times

Why was the Tesla there? i don't remember it being in the best driver's competition.

Its a shame they didn't lap it around Laguna along with the others even though it would've easily gotten dead-last but basically just to see if it could beat something.

>488
>best

Replaced Miata at the drag race because duh

True I would liked to have seen a lap time too

Seeing how fast the 488 lapped Laguna i can see why Ford doesn't want anyone testing their cars.

They fear the V8 now that they are too nu-male to use their own.

the gt is faster than the 675lt and 488. ford tested both and they were slower

>Ford doesn't want anyone testing their cars
Ford GT* i mean.

>ford tested

I'll be more impressed when we can get the battery system down from 3000lb to 300.

What's the Model S top speed again? Yea..

Still slower than a redneck mobile.

>1800 lbs of torque
Fuck! i can only imagine if that thing had a transmission and diff. it would probably just fold in on itself creating a black hole.

It has overdrives which act as a transmission.

>GTR is faster than both the camaro and the corvette

>drag racing
do they also take in butt?

>They fear the V8 now that they are too nu-male to use their own.

Just wait until they push out an Ecoboost V8

>luxury

They should have done an EcoBoost (supercharged, although turbos would be okay) Voodoo V8 in it to begin with. It could have easily made more power, it would have sounded better, it wouldn't have added much more weight, and it would have helped protect the heritage.

647hp is what they're getting right now from the EcoBoost V6.
526hp is what they're getting from the NA Coolio in the GT350.
So the Voodoo running 8lbs of boost should make almsot 800hp. Even running 6lbs of boost (almost nothing) we should see well over 700hp.
>Ford could have had a supercharged flatplane V8 making 800hp in the new GT but decided not to.

There really isn't an excuse for it.

>800hp
But
>1800ftlbs
Holy fuck. There must be some serious tire on that car and it better have a pretty good traction control system. That's like, touch the throttle and your wheels spin kind of torque.

>Voodoo not coolio
>Almost not almsot
I really need to proof read my posts when I'm phone posting.

How come no one answered this?
Does it suck that bad?

Less than my 13 year old VW,

150 mph i think
an eg civic can go till 140-150

The launch is all about torque and traction.
The Tesla is all wheel drive.
Electric motors make peak torque at 0RPMs.

A high performance EV is likely always going to be fastest off the line.

>150 mph

>86/BRZ known to be slow as fuck on the track
>IT beats a Tesla

> when a $130,000 pigfat luxury electric sedan put power down better than multi-6-figure "hypercars?"

But user... 130k IS 6 figures....

the zombie's a fucking monster in every sense of the word
>traction control
HAH
it has to use racing slicks basically everywhere and even then, full power from a stop just does a burnout instantly. don't even need to hold the brakes or anything.

"More than you can afford pal, Tesla"

I was waiting 30 minutes to charge my upscaled good cart

>300hp porsche 718 was faster than the 510hp Alfa Giulia
Holy kek alfacucks btfo

>drag racing

The 718 is only a hair over 3000lbs, 350hp, and its got a PDK gearbox that shifts as fast as anything in existence. The engine builds torque fast so combined with the PDK its quick off the line. Porsche themselves say its 0-60 is 4seconds flat if you've got that sport chrono package, but one Motor Trend video they claimed to have tested it at 3.6seconds.

That Alfa weighs over 3700lbs, its 8 speed likely isn't as quick as PDK. Surprisingly though it still has a rated 0-60 of 3.9 seconds, the more than 500 horses under the hood definitely put in the work. Though it just goes to show it doesn't matter how much power you make at peak if you can't put it down when and where you need it.

Over all it is really impressive that a flat 4 engine is so closed to that beastly Camaro ZL1 1LE. The Camaro pulls an 11.7sec quarter mile. 12sec for the Porsche, and they were tied 0 to 60.
Really should make GM engineers scratch their heads. They need 11 intercoolers to keep that supercharged V8 from overheating, and they barely outpace the entry level Porsche with 4 cylinders and a single piddly turbo.

The exact same place I am right now, not giving a fuck because I own neither. Just like you.

718 looks best too

Not even the fastest Electric car