/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>The Looking Glass Knight summons you! Become a mirror squire, and vanquish the world master.
>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w3Rd_i84KPE
youtu.be/EYthvgg9S9g
youtu.be/9MKxQgpH8dw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*points down*

I want to make a character that has a ton of weapon options at his disposable. Right now I'm planning on having a Lothric spear, a mace, and either a battle axe or longsword in the right hand, and then a shield and crossbow in the left.
Any ideas to add or improve on this idea?

>fallen knight

It fits the ragged aesthetic I'm going for.

Noticed that too lol. We point down on him desu

The armour is nice, but everyone gives the trousers shit.

Reminder that Gael is more difficult than Midir

Less points in vigor, more in endurance.

>needing more than 30 end for non-ultra great weapons

Do we have one of those "make the bosses fight each other" things yet? I wonder how Gael vs Midir would work out.

I've never beaten Midir in melee, I always abuse Pestilent Mercury.

Well he is the dark lord after all.

>needing more than 1k health
>ever

Don't know about Gael vs Midir but there's this
youtube.com/watch?v=w3Rd_i84KPE

I think Gael is difficult to set up vs fights for because he's actually two seperate distinct bosses (phase1 gael + phase2/3 gael)

Nah, they're already filled with them without us bashing them

I imagine midir's huge aoe on his attacks wouldn't give a fuck about gael's anime flips and stagger him over and over

Dude what

I beat Gael first try, Midir took me like three hours and only after I respecced into str/fai for dragonslayer greataxe

I literally busted a nut when I hit him with the weapon art in phase 2 and he staggered and I btfo'd 20% of his remaining health though

t. NG babb

>tfw 1 slab left but literally dozens of +4/+9 weapons

How should you make a Swordspear build?

I'm in the same boat, friend. Luckily some weapons don't have too big of an AR difference between +9 and +10. Big weapons and +5 weapons are the exceptions. You shouldn't have to play the entire game again just to upgrade weapons.

Farmable or buyable slabs when?

God people there's like 12 fucking slabs in the fucking game, holy shit.

What's wrong with the fallen knight set exactly?

It gives decent defense and it looks badass. Are you put off by the item description?

Slabs ARE farmable, you can get 4-5 slabs per hour by just running through the game

there's also shields and catalysts

15 slabs isn't enough when you make a quality build purely for weapon variety.

>want to start my DEX build
>waiting for my friend whose face I'm going to use for reference to get back from holiday
>want to start my INT build
>can't do that before my DEX build and I want to stream it
>don't want to do FTH build until last

I hate having autism.

>15 maxed out weapons isn't enough
BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TWO MAXED OUT WEAPONS, MAYBE 3 BECAUSE FARMING DARKWRAITHS SUCKED ASS

AND WE LIKED IT

No we used the mule

>not playing through the game 10 times so you can upgrade literally every single weapon to +5/+10

it's a meme that bad players/edgelords wear it, especially if they use katanas/dex weapons

You can still mule

I farmed them. I wanted my +15 weapons so I grit my teeth and hacked away at them until I got more slabs. I don't care if they were painfully expensive or hard to farm in DaS3, just let us get them without rushing through the entire game again with everything taking longer to kill.

Yeah I get that but it's just not true.

Personally I've found that noobs tend to wear dancer's more than fallen knight.

Fallen Knight is actually one of the best looking sets in the game.

15 user, 15 FUCKING SLABS

Kill the three gold winged knights
Kick Ariendel's ass
Kill an angry tree
Look under the elevator
Make friends with Seigward
Slap around an ancient dragon
Slap around some lonely ringed knight
Buy one from the crypt keeper

godjesus there are so MANY

>offhand fume greatsword with heavy longsword
I have seen the light

The Fallen Knight is the "dumb noob" tell like Elite Knight with Garg Helm, Bone Ash Set or Heide noob mask. Also the helmet has a dumb duck face.

give me some good invasion music

15 isn't enough for some but more than plenty for others. Weapon variety is the point of a quality build and having 15 slabs limits this to a point. Regardless, I have to head out so let's just say I was btfo'd or something like that. Have a good day.

Gael is easier if you're melee.

Midir is harder if you don't know how to attack the head.

Standard quality build is your best bet. The faith investment lets you make use of the sacred chime of Filinore. The faith investment will let you use med heal too, which will make your duel opponents sad.

Use Filinores chime WA HoT, then swap to your blessed caestus/target shield, and swap your life ring out for the sun princess ring for some seriously wicked regen that will make those shitters who never attack first very sorry. Then wop out the med heal if you can.

I wasn't trying to make an epic image cap with 27 replies or anything, I just don't get it. Like, just as an example, my Sorcerer has tons of weapons at max including catalysts and shields and that still only used 12 slabs.

youtu.be/EYthvgg9S9g

My favorite.

>chain armor
>knight shield
>drakesword
>FUCKING GARGOYLE HELM

Oh my god. I love this picture.

thanks, so good I got "DUTY FULFILLED" as soon as I spawned in

I still think that Garg Helm, Channeler body, Elite Knight arms/legs, knight shield, and some heavy weapon is perfect for a newb setup.

Whoops, forgot I switched to Warrior instead of Knight. You'll have to do without med heal unless you take points from END to put in ATT.

np, have another

youtu.be/9MKxQgpH8dw

That's the thing, your Sorcerer hasn't used all their slabs, but the amount of weapons they can use isn't as large as a quality build. My int build only used 7 slabs or so max and I don't think I'll be using any more on them.

Maybe but the Channeller armor is found very late game

needs the crimson waistcloth

Wait, shit, yeah, meant Crimson midsection or crimson waistcloth.

>invade as aldrich faithful
>already got an aldrichbuddy in the world
>aw ye we gonna gank the host
>nope, the other aldrich is an honorfag who won't help me
>red invades, hope the red will do something useful like try to kill the host
>dies to the aldrichfag
>welp
>keep fighting host, buddy wont help me
>purple invades
>kills me

For what fucking purpose do I do this?

Honestly Aldrich is more purple than purple half the damn time.

Were you looking for something more faith-based? How high SL are you willing to go?

When you have unlimited instant automatic invasions you can afford to mess around a little.

gank city is notorious for this shit. i think ive been killed via invader betrayal more times than by the host's posse. i try not to invade there anymore.

has anyone ever divined any sort of reasoning from this behavior?

If anyone else wants a build make for them let me know. I'm bored.

Be as specific as you want with weapons/fashion.

Honestly when I attack an invader I do it for the sheer chaos and insanity of it all. Watch the world burn and all that.

Plus ganks in general are no fun, even if you're ganking a host.

>80k
Seeing this actually makes me angry, I think it's fine playing through the game with your friend. But why do it with your high level character?

Low investment:
27/40/18 2H using non scaling miracles
High investment:
27/40/60

Scaling from dex is higher than from faith.

Anyone wants to help me kill Friede? L60, pass is dsg

>lone host fighting two Aldrich
>put on white ring and help him as a red
Was pretty fun if i'm honest

but it happens even when the odds are stacked in the host's favor. ill be sizing up a squad and a red will just beeline me as soon as he spawns. fucking why you little shit.

Booting up my NES.

>forgot platform
PC

Sure what's your friend code?

Also pretty much everyone hates Aldrich invaders.

Such a cool mechanic. There really are things to appreciate about ds2. Looking Glass Knight should have been a covenant leader.

You laugh, but watch the switch have all the souls minus blood B

Ds1 on switch would be amazing if only to play it again with a refreshed community.

And DeS.

There's no way the switch can run DS3.

>invade as aldrichfag
>spawn on the silver knight buttresses
>make my way to the arena
>spot a purple while I was headed there
>no host to be seen
>hmmm
>backtrack, he's in the courtyard of giants
>but wait
>the purple is going to duel the hosts sunbro summon
>sunbro slow walks to purple
>perfect
>run up behind them, have my obscuring ring on too
>backstab host who was standing there like an idiot
>fuck, he didn't die
>he starts roll spamming
>whip out crossbow
>he goes to heal
>shoot him
>he dies
>sunbro runs back to see his host dead
>I wave
>sunbro points down

I'd post the image of Frampt laughing if I had it.

Nobody?

Switch still uses friend codes? I was thinking of Wii.

Not the one but just as good

What weapon do I use for a Gourry build?

shotgun to mouth you fucking weeb virgin

Don't tell anyone, it's actually Kaathe

Hey guys, what do you think of Plague of Gripes' Souls LPs? I'm starting to finish A German Spy's content so I'm looking for new Souls PvE content video series.

120 is what I usually try to stop at. Is 27/40/40 not worth?

This is what I've slapped together for now.

Whether you like Plague as a personality or not (I adore him) his LP is hands down the best DaS1 LP out there.

Also A German Spy is enjoyable too, if a bit annoying at times due to opinions.

I watched it, was tight. Couldn't get into German Spy's though, he talks far too much about himself for me to give a shit about.
Then I saw a photo of him with other souls personalities and the dude wears a trilby, no thanks bruv.

It's boring once you get good enough to kill a host and phantom as a solo invader.

Looks like a drakeblood sword to me.

How come when a Host pulls the plug I can fight with his phantom perfectly fine?

Because the phantom didn't pull the plug so you're just connected to eachother for a bit.

he's literally a walking M'LADY meme. fedora, trenchcoat, and suit with a tie everywhere he goes. there are no pictures of him without them.

>invade a guy
>we play pretty similarly
>I make some mistakes but generally play carefully
>slowly chug all my estus
>at the opportune time, tactically chain 8 r1s
>he keeps getting staggered out of his attacks

He's cool don't hate

>A German Spy is enjoyable
He has great insight about DS1 / DeS and Souls in general. His DS3 LP is a great testament to why he should never do blind LPs though.

generally when someone "pulls the plug" theyre just force closing the game. while their side is shutting off, the connection is still open.

Didn't he just complain a bunch and then name the playlist "Why I don't do blind LPs"?

How the FUCK do you kill vendrick lads? I just fucked the ancient dragon for the 5th lord soul and he's still kicking my ass. I will respec to whatever cheese build there, is, just tell me what to do.