How often do you redline your car?

How often do you redline your car?

errday, I paid for the full output, why not use it?

a redline a day keeps the carbon away
rx8 gang

daily for sure

I'd say I get close to redline every 2-3 days.

3 or 4 times in 3 years

Not too often because my timing chain is likely loose and I got an interference engine with a leaky head gasket.

at least once a week, but I hit full boost at least once a drive

Not as often as I should. Sometimes I don't even think to wind it out when I have a legitimate opportunity like getting on to the highway.

Last car I used to hit it maybe once every week or two of just plain around the town driving. New one I need to be driving like a sick cunt or up at highway speeds for redline to make sense.

Every day, multiple times a day. I also always kick the tail out and hit >100 on back roads and on ramps while pushing my car to the limits of its frictional capabilities.

A redline a day keeps the mechanic away

never also tfw 4200rpm redline

Oof. 6000 here, didn't realize how good I have it. Mine's gas, though, and I'm guessing yours is a diesel.

nah big block 455 but pollution cucked

Moving up from 6500 to 7500 is more of a silly pleasure than I thought it would be. Damned if it doesn't just start singing.

Pretty much any time I enter the freeway.

never but i get up to 4k-4500 out of 6500 daily.

Got a habit of shifting at 6200 instead of the real redline (6800) because power dies pretty bad right around there. But I hit this probably 2-3 times a day on the quicker roads around my area. Usually in 2nd.

(for the record my car is a Porsche and therefore loves the top end with all its heart)

actually not sure, don't remember. i'm trying to aim for fuell efficiency cuz i commute, 5 cylinders drink a good amount desu

every day because a miata can't keep up with traffic if you don't

I've never rev'ed my Crown Vic to redline because the autotragic trans will shift LONG before redline and I never saw any need to just sit in park and floor it. Maybe I should do it to see what it sounds like.

Gotta floor it with the brakes down and then see how long you can lay rubber down for.

>mfw autotragic shifts wayy before redline even though my foot is through the god damn floor

You mean how long before the transmission blows up

Nah vics are basically trucks in car form. That's standard technique. Take vids so we can see how it goes.

>VQ35DE
>usually hit redline 4 or 5 times each way on the daily commute in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd

Around once a week to get all the diesel soot out

>Italian car from 1970s
>50 cc scooter
red line everyday
BWAAAAAAAP
>only just taking off from intersection
rx3 and rx7 getaway with so much noise around ere

gee35 or maximer?

tree fiddy

yeeeea boi, nice.

I've redlined my car under 10 times in the 3 years I've had it
I keep instant mpg on to remind myself that I'm wasting gas just for less than 10 seconds of enjoyment. Who am I flexing to, the random mexican kids walking around or the girls who don't actually care about cars.

>Oh no
>10 cents to put a grin on my face

You don't need to impress people to enjoy yourself, in case you didn't know.

Once because my accelerator cable stuck

lmao, the raw visceral feel of pushing down the pedal, right.
10¢ *2/day*300/year= $60 a year
On a less efficient car you can watch the gas needle move
On a quarter mile it's reasonable to expect a 10mpg, less if you're heavy or high powered, so ~ a quarter gallon out, so you're extremely likely to spend more than a dime of gas
I'm not the patron saint of hyper miling and I didn't get my car for efficiency. I'm also on a weeaboo no-car, car enthusiast board, I like to roleplay my favourite initial wangan boy racer character from time to time, but if someone gave you a $50 gas card every year it adds up.
Don't buy that soda, don't eat out this one time, buy in bulk for the future, it's easy to save $50-100 a month.
Imagine someone wrote you a check for $1200 every year for your new car/insurance/mod
In a reaching and roundabout way, not redlining your car means you can feasibly love cars even more.
Unrelated, apply that to why many doctors make so much money (100-200k/year) but aren't millionaires and you have a good financial strategy.
So ya, 10¢. I don't need to redline my car to enjoy myself, it's not even that fun on the street or highway. The game I play behind the wheel is attempting perfect car control. I try to drive as smoothly and skillfully as possible, perfect coasting, throttle, steering, braking, shifting, knowing the car's size and limits. That shit's an underappreciated art, and the single time someone complimented me on it I did a mental flip.

My car loses a lot of it's power up top so while the redline is 6,6k I hardly ever hit it and even when pushing the car hard I shift before 6k.

Never, because I'm not a technically retard tryhard kid.

Probably about 3 times a week

Since I have a direct injection TSI engine, I have to drive on the highway at about 1500RPM below redline for 20-30 minutes on the freeway for at least once or twice a month. Other wise I get carbon build-up quickly.

Already had it in last year at 80,000 miles to resolve this issue once as the check engine light came on.

Luckily, they extended the warranty for this specific issue.

VW owners know this feel.

>being this much of a poorfag
>throttle steering
You either drive a terrible ff shitbox or ypure paying way more for tires than those "60 bucks a year" for redlines
Some people enjoy sound fuckwit

My engine has VVTL-i so its practically a waste to NOT get up to redline

Fun weekend car: Every time I drive it.
Daily which is a diesel: Why? There is absolutelynothing up there.

Every single time i exit an intersection or drive on a freeway

I have a redline of 18000 RPM so of course i redline it daily

Once or twice a week.

What the fuck

>started redlining my car daily
>after 2000 miles have to fill up a quart of oil
>stop redlining my car daily

I'm new to cars, but isn't redlining destroying your engine and cutting it's life short?

We all die user

Maybe if you're a europoor with engine designed for low mid. If you have a sporty Jap engine the upper half of the revs are the way to go.
t. Used to own a Honda k20

Ask me how I know you are poor

>Start redlining my shitbox daily because I had a slight exhaust leak and it sounded nice
>Rod knock soon followed

>redlining destroying your engine and cutting it's life short
in short, no

Idk, no tach

>doesn't wait for it to go WAM WAM WAM

EVERY

SINGLE

SHIFT

My driving instructor taught me to merge into motorways in 3rd and take roundabouts in 2nd and that's what I do to this day.
I love to hear my shitbox scream and crap clouds of smoke. Can't wait for it to die so I can justify buying another one.

My instructor tol me to shift at 2k
I don't do that lmao

If someone's giving me trouble I downshift and teleport in front of them.

Is there an actual benefit to redlining? Is there any kind of car you shouldn't be pushing like that?

another rx8 owner, here, apply the same theory

Doritos, kind of. Gotta break up that carbon buildup somehow.

Redlining burns off excess carbon in the cylinders

>not using lockout gears

Once a week at least. I do it more when I can, but I don't usually get a chance on the way to and from work.

It's everyday bro

Ur mum burns my excess carbon

I've heard that pretty often.
No idea if it's true or not, but I do it anyway because it's fun.

I'm driving a 1.5L VTEC so redlining just means going 75mph in 3rd.

Does vtech still kick in these days? I remember the first time I heard some kid make his vtech kick in. I was like
>lel holy shit
>p. sure I just heard vtech kick in

The VTEC kicks in when you hit like 5000rpm.
It's basically:
>speed slightly increasing
>get above 5000 rpm
>head flies back, starting flying near the speed of light

The difference is nearly instantaneous, too. It's incredible.

Street racing is a state of mind. That's the important part, user. Good to hear they still include a helping of it in each civic.

I once drove my friend's pre-vtec civic when he was drunk. It was awful.

never, because redline is at 6500 and the engine runs out of power after 5500. mazda 626 1.8

what year did vtec appear?
t. got a friend with 3k civic

In the US, '91 on the NSX.
They weren't widely used across the Honda platform until the late 90s.

Never, redlining is bad for the engine. It's supposed to stay under 2000 RPMs

-t. Honda CR-V driver

Gturdy5 probably like 3 times a week. Doesn't do much harm if you have good oil and don't do it when the engines cold.

Why redline a slow car?

Should i be redlining my 20 year old shitbox

Every time I try to go faster than 65

how do you get your car to do this? Whenever I floor it the needle on the other odomterer shoots up but then gets knocked down at like 5 or 6

Went to test dribe 2016 Pilot with my dad, VTEC still kicks in yes

As long as it has oil in it and the correct octane gas it should be fine.

I redline my 28 year old shitbox.

Might not be a total shitbox, it has mobil 1 and ACL mains/rods.

1 day a week typically with lots of redlining.

Also wtf Chevy y I can't red line in 1st gear . Fucker hits a fuel cutoff 300 rpm befor3 r3dline in first but eveey other gear can hit the redline

>tfw you hit the limiter once while trying to pass someone on the highway in third and almost died

i drive a saturn ion redline

yeah i redline it every day. it's in the name!

couse at redline its less slow :^)

Always

>grind it till you find it

You need a manuel automobile

every time i hit a straight

Always redline it as soon as I start it up so it warms up faster.

Never. I drive a 32 year old 4AGE bluetop with a redline of 7600 and even going to 6000 feels like I'm pushing the limit.

Once or twice a week, car redlines at 7000rpm

same
>tfw 4A-GE power

05 Focus. Don't have a redline but I hit near the limiter evey time I drive it. It's asking to be tached out.

Every single time I'm at a red light and there's no cars ahead of me.

Am I fucking up?

So you're that pussy who always stops too early and makes me have to wait through another cycle?

How does redlining at every traffic light mean that I stop too early?

If you're always the first in line at the red light, chances are I'm behind you, not in front of you.