Updated Rx-9 to be shown next month at Tokyo Auto show

“With the Tokyo Motor Show we will be introducing a new design concept; you can think of it as an evolution of theme of the RX-Vision,” Mazda Vice President for R&D Europe Matsuhiro Tanaka told Auto Express.

Looks like a their going to show an updated design next month.

Rumours are saying mazda is planning on releasing it on 2020 to mark Mazda's 100th anniversary

motorauthority.com/news/1112736_mazda-promises-evolution-of-rx-vision-concept-for-2017-tokyo-motor-show

Other urls found in this thread:

english.kyodonews.net/news/2017/09/b227b21ccfd5-mazda-to-make-all-cars-hybrid-or-ev-by-2035.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TlF9Uz6hhIY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Wankel_engine#16X
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31802/mazda-ceo-kills-hope-new-rx-9/
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a12268023/mazda-rx-vision-tokyo-2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Give it to me

is it going to look anywhere near as impressive as the first concept?

I hope it's proportioned a little better.

We need to stop and appreciate that we're in a renaissance of sports cars. Thank you based Mazda

Come on now, I haven't fapped in 5 days, this isn't fair

This
we live in a time where even mid range hot hatches will do 60 in 6 seconds and handle better than a lot of past sports cars, it's ridiculous

Dear mazda, I'm a poorfag. please let the price tag of the Rx-9 be low enough to allow me to buy a bag of rice once a month after my car payment.

INB4 PEDESTRIAN SAFE FAT

fuck yes
Mazda showing Toyota the proper way to revive a classic

this the front looks like absolute ass

Hybrid rotary crossover. I feel it

>rotary
It's going to be a turbo 4 cylinder

>Mazda
>hybrid
this is the company that has sworn a vow of allegiance to the internal combustion engine until the sun goes dark, I highly doubt Mazda will pull that bullshit

>this is the company that has sworn a vow of allegiance to the internal combustion engine until the sun goes dark

i think that sentence made my shed a tear

english.kyodonews.net/news/2017/09/b227b21ccfd5-mazda-to-make-all-cars-hybrid-or-ev-by-2035.html

DELET

fffffuckin A better get a job after college now

>RX
>having cylinders
What do you think the R stands for? Retard?

It stands for Retard, you know, the people who buy them

It actually stands for rebuild

>Mfw it still eats apex seals like mr crummy eats shit on the downhill

>Mazda showing Toyota the proper way to revive a classic

More like Mazda showing Japan the proper way to revive a classic

Of the big four, two are over engineered, pigfat, and outdated, and the other is a reskinned entry level BMW that Toyota could not care less about getting out the door.

Who gives a shit about design, I want powertrain.

Toyota just really does seem to be doing this to shut people up about it, hence why BMW seems to be doing most of it.

>a time in the market where the fastest selling group of vehicles are crossovers/suvs and EVs

What are these 4 classics, actually?

I assume you mean the FK8, RX-9, and the up-coming supra but what is the 4th?

The highest performing sportscars of 90's Japan, the RX7, GT-R, NSX, and Supra.

>BMW seems to be doing most of it.

Someone in the Toyota boardroom really does not like sports cars, which is probably why they have to pay other manufacturers to build sports cars for them, and why they're advertising the Camry as a sports car while pretending the GT86 doesn't exist.

Wheres the 3000GT?

Broken down leaking oil from 8 different places onto some white-trash driveway as usual

Didn't it have the stock highest power output of them all, active aero, adjustable suspension, pretty advanced electronics for that time and a boat load of weight? The other had none of that except the boat load of weight part(except FD).

they're going to show the world
the true essence of the samurai engine

youtube.com/watch?v=TlF9Uz6hhIY

>mfw

>we live in a time where even mid range hot hatches are heavy as fuck and there are barely any rwd cars and manuals are dying

wow what a golden age

>tfw gonna live the pic related dream

What transmission are they going to put on it? Does Mazda even make a dual clutch? Let's hope manual is at least an option.

so rotary engines have fucking shit fuel economy at idle, right? What if it had a CVT and the engine is always pegged at 9k no matter how fast you're going?

Yeah and those are hurting sedan sales. Meanwhile a Camaro with a rental tier V6 engine can keep up on a track with M cars

That picture is heartbreaking...

This picture gets me every time

I think they want most of the sports stuff to be under lexus, they did that, whatever it's called that came out recently. More of a GT I suppose bus still.

Didn't the GT-R, aside from the active aero, have most of the tech the 3000GT had? Plus it wasn't as notoriously unreliable.

Don't get me wrong I still love the GTO. Seeing one makes me feel like a kid again.

Why does Mazda designers 2010+ always fuck up the rear

Oh look, another shitty concept from Mazda that will get their RX-7 fanboy micropeens erect, promise it will be produced, only to realize they can't make anything remotely as good as the RX-7 ever again, abandon it for a few years, and then reintroduce another styling focused concept to start it all over again.

Fuck off mazda.

The RX-7 is the automotive Half Life 3

>2010+
RX-8 rear was ass
not the good kind neither

The back of the 16+ Mazda 6 looks pretty good to me.

there will never be a new rotary

emissions regs killed it, its gone. just give up

7"

>t. RX-7 fanboy

it'll be manual with a shit afterthought automatic 'option' like the RX-8 hopefully

here you go, i made it better

That liquid piston company came up with a new combustion cycle that made a rotary style engine with higher efficiency and no oil burn. They were good enough to get DARPA money. Not that this is applicable to the automotive world, but it shows there are improvements that can be made for the Dorito motor.

An improved rotary block combined with some front wheel EV system would be more than enough to keep the EPA happy. Better for the emissions figures, better for power, better traction and launch speed. One way or another everything will be heading that way.

no none of that will happen

just give it up

cylindeR you big dummy.

the whole front looks so long/wide, they could fit a 26b in there

That looks like total dogshit.
Even if somehow they get a rotary onto market that can pass emissions and not eat apex seals if you look at it wrong, they are never going to make anything that looks anywhere as nice as the FD.

That one has no choice, it will be a hybrid crossover eventually, so overengineered and pigfat by default.

This.

Look at the Miata, of all of the cars built over the years it is the only one to stay true to its roots and it even weighs less than previous generations.

I'll believe it when I see it, until then, have some OC

Nigga they have to have a partial zero emissions vehicle (pzev) in their lineup or else they can't sell any of their cars in California. Thank the calicucks for that one

If ktm can still sell a 2 stroke in 2017 that passes emissions regs then Mazda sure as hell could design a rotary. It's probably not going to be cheap or easy but I'm sure it's possible

Theoretically there's no actual reason as to why the wankel rotary design couldn't be efficient as piston engines.

Ultimately it just comes down to whether Mazda can make a breakthrough and implement an advance ignition system.

mazda is literally the last car company making improvements to the gas engine and are going to ride it out till the end, once they reach that point their going to start incoporating hybrid tech from toyota

hcci+ small toyate hybrid battery= good performace and range. win win

At least their pushing through toyota and honda are throwing in towel early. subaru doesnt even know what the hell to do lol

I think Mitsubishi should take a risk on making a revival of the Starion (with EVO 10 engine and underpinnings but RWD) and Nissan should bring back the S-chassis.

HNNNNNNNG

good manual's need too die vary outdated

>emissions regs killed it

... and so we went to war

>Implying they didn't

Worst case scenario they can just Volkswagen it

I like theirs better. This looks too much like a camaro

EVs are still less than 1% of auto sales in the US.

Because the batteries and charge times suck.

>new Supra
>new RX-7
>Muscle cars revived

We living in the golden age boys. You better be living it up and having fun until the government Eclipses our asses and bans ICE's.

what mazda needs to do is FINALLY go full aluminum with their rotary, like they were developing with their 16x

~100lb shortblock?
yiss pls

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Wankel_engine#16X

looks like ass

Featureless blob

it's a triple supercharged car with 450hp

What mazda actually need to figure out is how to get the engine passed emission standards...

lasers and hcci

Yea right, rotaries are fucking dead. They've never been able to fix all the issues with it

HCCI doesn't apply to rotary engines.

Just because Mazda hasn't been able to fix all of the rotaries problems in the past doesn't mean they aren't fixable at all.

That looks terrible

>HCCI doesn't apply to rotary engines.
or maybe i was thinking of that thing, skyactiv?

No you're thinking of HCCI. Skyactiv is just marketing, its what they brand all of their automotive technology that appears in their products from 2011 onwards. Hell they named their family of turbocharged diesel engines skyactiv.

Hell, it might even work better in a rotato.

this best be in jest

Pics or lying.

The Bolt is almost ideal, but the seats are hard and charging is slow. The Leaf doesn't have enough range. I think the Model 3 will break the barrier of mass adoption.

what if they make a rotato/piston hybrid

>turn key
>rotate into another dimension

I thought Mazda make an announcement that the rx9 was cancelled, were they meme-ing?

>still less torque than an LS

I think it's more of BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

They never did. The only source was the "roadandtrack" site; which sensationalized some statements from people at Mazda to make a clickbait "The Rotary car is kill" article.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31802/mazda-ceo-kills-hope-new-rx-9/

Even now, they're still trying to do damage control:
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a12268023/mazda-rx-vision-tokyo-2017/

>You will never have two 8-rotor engines built into your car like the Crazy 8's from Hot Wheels

Car has never stopped development, they have had a group of people working on it for quite a while now. Mazda hasnt gone all out yet on it though thats going to happen when their truly ready to start getting it ready for production