Tundra

This is the ideal pickup truck. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

How can American trucks compete?

but why did it have to steal pretty much every Raptor design feature?

Best v8 and powertrain reliability however the frames are designed with no concern for rust protection. Theres a fuckhuge lip running the length of the frame that holds water, salt and grime for years. You'd have to wipe it down daily just to keep your truck in one piece in the Northern US and Canada

>size of 3/4 ton truck
>capability of 1/2 ton truck

I like Yota, but they're doing it wrong by trying to appeal to rednecks and posers

By offering 3/4 and 1 ton diesel options that can do a lot more?

You get what you pay for. American trucks win on price and fuel economy.

But there's a reason Toyota doesn't really update their v8s whereas Ford is constantly updating everything.

I'd wish they didn't make it such a huge fucking truck. Bigger than the big three just about.

I like it, but it also needs an update, like BAD.

The ideal pickup is a Hilux. There is literally nothing that can come close to it.

The only good thing ford has going for them is the 5.0 coyote. The first gen ecoshits are already failing and leaking boost after about 70k miles. Btw you still dodged my original point.

How is that impressive? Take that down a hill and see what happens.

>But there's a reason Toyota doesn't really update their v8s

They also still use drum brakes in the back... They're lazy fuckers. They don't even try to improve shit because people will gobble that shit up regardless.

This... my pops 2014 F-150 with the 3.5L Ecoshit engine just took a shit on itself and died recently out of town..

There was only 134k original miles on it. Only three years old and it's dead.

meanwhile my cousin's 5L V8 is still working, only issue it had was the old water pump "leaking".

He's lucky he got that much out of it. Usually they blow well before that. I see EB cop cars on flatbeds almost daily yet you rarely saw or see a tricky Vicky.

>BEING AN AMERICAN
>DRIVING A PICKUP
OK
>DRIVING A PICKUP WITH 'T O Y O T A' ACROSS THE FASCIA
FUCK OUTTA HEEA, 2 NUKES WERENT ENOUGH

My uncles is a bit over 70k and leaking boost, so I a bit or research and found that its a fairly common issue. Even years ago I thought ford was retarded for using little turbo 6s in full sized trucks. We'll see how the 2.7 does.

I fear Ford might actually kill off their V8 and just replace everything with ecoboost.

They're just that confident in ecoboost that it's "fast", offers more power to that of a V8 (except reliably LOL), and from what I've been told from a Ford dealer, it offers more torque than their current V8.

>over 70k

damn, i guess we were lucky. my dad's didn't start to act up until we were around the 125k-130k mile mark.

I could see that happening. Most people don't keep their Fords very long or are fine with a engine replacement after 3 years because muh FERD.

That's not a Tacoma

>only sold in America
Gee i wonder why that is.

those stupid pickup trucks are like the stupid pretend harleys that japanese bike manufacturers make, they are only sold in America and the rest of the world gets cool shit like the xjr1300 or cb1300sf instead.

Modern Toyota is fucking disgusting

this is the shit im talking about

stay mad with your freedumbs burgers.

Except rangers are better nigger

>trying to appeal to rednecks and posers
that's like 98% of truck owners

Heard the Tundra is gonna be built better by taking every flaws into account. That's what Toyota said in a interview last month.

good god thats beautiful
local emergency units use these, they are fucking godly

>chevy trucks- built in Canada
>ford trucks- built in mexico
>Toyota tundra- designed, engineered and built in the USA.

Sad thing is that its more "american" than anything else available.