>/rlg/ Teams
Makhbats Outta Hell:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/nikheizen.html
Serial Splatters:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/thaddeus.html
Tummy Slashers:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/prongedramen.html

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed) (embed) (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu (embed) (embed) (embed)

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/species-backgrounds.html
pastebin.com/raw/Zq8Ha0Jg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you are more stunned! you are knocked out!

what's the difference between playing a badrace optimally and playing a goodrace sub-optimally
if you're a fully spoiled player and know all the tricks and tactics the game has to offer, there shouldn't be much difference except how much patience you need to play one over the other

>ijyb and robin on the same floor, with their own sets of goblins and hobgoblins respectively

neat

everything in crawl is 1dX
a bad roll kills even an optimal badrace, while a suboptimal goodrace shrugs it off

badrace is less likely to get nerfed

vorpalize that eveningstar, you got your endgame weapon boi

>vorpal nonedged weapons
what is this heresy

>cant duplicate uniques in the new elona patch anymore

can i get a rundown on this guy?

>there shouldn't be much difference except how much patience you need to play one over the other
Yes, but as you said badraces and badgods lead to annoying af plays where you have to ~cautiously~ think about every single of your fucking moves which leads to massive boredom and a 2x-3x longer run that never lets you zone out
Meanwhile going with a goodrace and goodgod means literally otabbing through most of the game for maximum comfyness
There is a reason nemelex choices are 90% fucking mage backgrounds

Remember that axes are the best weapon because you can kill enemies simultaneously (and thus faster) during speedrunning..

>he doesnt have bogdabot implants

you think so? i was going for getting my firestorm online but had to unlearn it to get some other more usable current spells up for now. right now i am just running around with the lantern of shadows but that's boring as hell. i have 3 brand scrolls and like 7 enchant weapon ones

>still no dcss themed quick rundown
I would if I had any creativity whatsoever

Did you ever eat so much candy you became a god?

>that starting equipment

Polearms are best weapon because you can hit enemies sooner. If you don't use a polearm, enemies with a polearm will get the first hit on you.

i was hoping there was one

16 in a weapon skill isn't a huge amount, but if you're going full blasty casty and really want to save on xp, a demon whip of electrocution or similar might be a better choice. Most likely you'll end up using a staff of energy later on if you go for level 9 spells.

>panlords bow to Yiuf
>in contact with starspawn
>rumored to possess psychic abilities
>controls D with an iron fist
>owns vaults & troves all over the dungeon
>direct descendant of the ancient royal blood line
>will bankroll the first cities in the Abyss (Yiufgrad will be be the first city)
>owns basically every ?mut production facility in the dungeon
>first designer babies will in all likelihood be Yiuf babies
>said to have 400+ IQ
>ancient elven scriptures tell of an angel who will descend upon the dungeon and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
>this is Yiuf
>he owns quarterstaff R&D labs around the world
>you likely have chaos spawn inside you right now
>every child has the mark of Yiuf implanted in them at birth
>Yiuf is in regular communication with the Shining One, forwarding his word to Mennas and the other angels
>discovered the Orb of Zot
>Khufu allows him full access to the evidence of Atlantis within the Tomb
>Gozag entrusts his gold reserves with Yiuf. there's no gold in Gozag's realm, only Ft. Yiuf
>he is 67 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base gnoll
>in reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the beginning to the 200 millions turn
>he has been able to access Ashenzari's complete records since birth, and has spoken about what he saw while he was a newborn
>Yiuf will guide the dungeon into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

>16 magic mapping scrolls

Whoa, how did that happen?

>panlords bow to Yiuf
Wew I was just about to write one starting with that very line
Kinda creepy desu senpai

i have staff of energy conjuration and fire already. was going to get shields to high enough to remove penalty then switch to a weapon skill i think

But this is the beauty of axes.
It just happens to crosstrain with BOTH poles and maces

Do pan lords really bow to Yiuf? I always thought he was just a crazy gnoll but I read his description and it says "Yiuf the enlightened", and he follows you out of the dungeon when you leave too.

I've never worshipped Xom before killing Yiuf first either, what does Yiuf do when you're a Xom worshipper?

I never realized how deep Yiuf lore is

Right now there's literally no reason to use maces+flails
when are they going to add a stun status effect that only M&F and water magic can apply
or just give it paralysis instead

imo don't genocide the orcs tho

nice

how do you guys play spellcasters efficiently? casting spells that aren't ctrl click is so aggravating. why isn't there a menu for it like invocations or whatever

But M&F are the best weapons

Explain yourself.

Why on earth are you clicking on shit instead of using the keyboard like a civilized person

There is a menu for it, isn't there?

Also just z + (spell) enter to cast if you don't know that yet.

set up macros and bind to F1-F10

not him but:
axes cleave
polearms reach
longblades riposte
shortblades stab
maces and flails ____

for what purpose

im aware of z + enter but even if i used keyboard thats a shitty bind

traveling with keypad is annoying but in general i guess traveling is pretty annoying. in any case z + enter is not a spectacular bind to use either

maces and flails have the best damage on a single target

fucking retard

not having any cool messages in an alphabet game automatically makes things worse

you're a fucking autist

just because you're morally wrong to support a shitter nomessage weapon type doesn't mean you have to be mad

best 1h
best non rare 2h
greatmace has like 1dmg less than a triple sword for 4 less skill

is it worth wearing two rings of wizardry? no right? it can't be THAT much spellpower bonus...

what god does he worship

they give you exactly 0 spellpower

wizardry is %chance and it stacks yes

looks like demigod that only worships self

so if i want to try a game with The Chei Transmuter experience which version should I play? I hear They ruined its glorious extremis and I don't want to play some shitty nerfed into line crap.

yeah I mean they're obviously fine, just boring

hey nethack devteam are the ones who decided that 'vorpal' means 'really good at chopping heads'
Carroll didn't say shit about it

>no pudding

imo genocide orcs but inscribe about pulsating vulvae on the floor before you do it

Wizardry stacks but the second boost is kinda small

but he did specify "blade"

>dcssbabbies can't into learning new things to such an extreme degree that they prefer using the mouse like a grandma over spending 1 day to learn vi-keys

dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/species-backgrounds.html

Top three races:
-Minotaur: 21.16%
-Gargoyle: 13.41%
-Hill Orc: 8.91%

Top three backgrounds:
-Fighter: 22.248%
-Berserker: 15.81%
-Gladiator: 8.76%

Top three gods:
-Okawaru: 19.3%
-Trog: 17.9%
-Makhleb: 7.2%

jews btfo forever

it was "the vorpal blade", yeah
for all you know the guy could've been wearing vorpal underpants as well

literally only shows popularity, not winrate, and not the skill of the players who actually won with those combos

the h*ck do these percentages represent user

i'm not going out of my way to use the keyboard for movement (which is slower) or cast spells (which is slower). that would make me a retard

The percentage of the 1,290 tournament wins that were that race/background/god.

these percentages probably mostly represent qw

>u - the cursed +3 glaive "Ogaysups" (weapon) {chop, Noisy SInv}
>Ogaysu[s

Tack on another win, fellow Tummies. After horrifically choking away a 14 rune demigod, I picked myself up, put down the razors and helium, and ascended an OgAs of mah boi TSO.

what's the next step in your master plan?

whatever it is, it won't involve survivors

Noob Gargoyle. Do i want my perma flight on? when would i want it off? i know theres spells that do extra damage to flying or something

you want it off when you are against enemies who can cast airstrike, the spell which does extra damage to flying

you want it on when you are in branches with shit to fly over like swamp/shoals, or against enemies that can cast Shatter (just Jorgrun and rngpanlords, I think?)

notable users: Gastronok in Lair, Wind Drakes in Shoals, Titans in Vaults

other than airstrike i can leave it on? i dont wanna micromanage this BS

well yes but you can also leave it off all the time when you're not in shoals/swamp or coc
flight isn't too useful usually

Ahh im retarded and thought Gargoyle flight was different than just quaffing a potion. Ok.

tengu flight is maybe what you're thinking of, it gives them bonus movespeed and EV

Thanks for that, I guess.

Who let a retard make the new thread yet again

That's not a necromancer

Tree form or berserk my man. Both will shrek the fiend.

airborne avalanche
mountains come down from the sky
exclamation points

>be draconian
>able to shoot out steam, blocking smiters and spellcasters
>trained in axes and swords
>also earth magic as well
>barreling through dungeon killing uniques by the dozen
>low on health and headed to the place I store my items
>dungeon floor is already clear do its ok
>my ghost sneaks up from around a corridor
>I get petrified and killed by a wolf zombie spider

I'm dead inside.

You are also dead on the outside too.

It's been too long since I felt the pleasure of the ruk.

Damn it user. Thanks for the laff though.

>died on D:8 with +6 axe of speed because I suck at picking my fights
Damn.

What kind of axe

Just axe. Talking about Brogue btw

I've got a few more OWH questions

1. Is there an ideal way to move around? Like, should I be hugging the top/bottom of the map? The middle? Wandering up and down continuously?
2. Does the demon lord get stronger with each appearance, or are his stats fixed?

Its a rare case where a fiend spawns instead of him, but the loot is usually better if he does spawn

>+6 axe of speed
You could have done it user, you could have been the tablord.

user who started playing ~1mo ago here, just won for the first time! I'm very grateful for all of you who patiently answered my repeated noob questions. Here's my dump: pastebin.com/raw/Zq8Ha0Jg

After extensive research, I have confirmed that IE is actually the worst elemental caster start, not the best

fire=earth>air>ice

Wrong, idiot.
AE is the worst.
Sure you get SWIFTNESS, the best fucking escape spell out of ANY book start (aside maybe PoG), but all your offensive spells are total shit.

>wins DCSS in a month

It's been more than a year and I still haven't won. It's surprising how self-conscious a shitty roguelike game can make me feel.

Never underestimate the power of ruk.

I smiled.

Some people are just bad at video games, it's okay user.

If it's any consolation I'm only 1 month new to Crawl, not to roguelikes. You'll get your win :)

First game in forever, I forgot Ogres fucking hurt, tried saving my shit with a net trap that ended up being my doom.