In ten years we'll have the PERFECT cheap used cars to engine swap and hoon around in

In ten years we'll have the PERFECT cheap used cars to engine swap and hoon around in.
The future is looking bright, just don't look too far.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/search/filename/Image_102/#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jpg

But seriously, think of how much these things will depreciate in the next 10 years.
They'll be the perfect enthusiast cars.
Buying them new is foolish, but soon they'll have the potential to be inexpensive and amazing.
They'll be the NA Miatas of the 2020s and 2030s.

We have discussed this many times, do you even own one?
>archive.4plebs.org/o/search/filename/Image_102/#

>But seriously, think of how much these things will depreciate in the next 10 years.

This

lmao @ all the retards here on Veeky Forums who paid top dollar

lol yeah stupid idiots having fun driving the car you wish you had

>wishing I had a car that's slower than a Honda Odyssey

yeah no

>tfw you will never have 80's and 90's aesthetic cars to hoon around in.

The performance and internals are temporary, but the A E S T H E T I C is eternal.

Just 3D-print a bodykit, senpai.

Are they selling enough of them now that they're going to be cheap in 10 years though?

Good luck finding a clean 86 in 10 years that doesnt have ricer tax.

>not building the stock boxer

It's like you people want a higher centre of gravity or something

They're already cheap

Most of Veeky Forums can't even afford a decent NA Miata.

You're right, I can't lmao

YOu can't 3d print pop-ups.

many people will understand how comfy they are so normies wont buy them and the auto is literally from the Toyota crown so its slow as fuck.

>But seriously, think of how much these things will depreciate in the next 10 years.
I won't buy one because its another boyracer car that will be driven to shit with worn out engines and burnt out clutches

*not comfy

Probably not, this is why mustangs are a bit better for used cheap sports cars, they make so many of them they're easy to find and work on

Like 90% of them are riced to absolute fuck. You're going to be paying Skyline and Supra levels of meme tax if you want an un-molested specimen in 10 years.

>your whole hopes for the next 10 years is buying some clapped out toyota that cost $20k new and has probably had 5 owners and had shit mods done to it

Jesus christ, do you people have no hopes for the future?

Not that I do, but seriously they are like $20k used with like 30k or less miles, they aren't that expensive, 10 years is a long time and by then you can probably a new meme car that costs $20k

Mine was reasonably priced and well cared for but
>rear shocks seem "well used"
>rear tires have half the tread of the front
>aftermarket footwell lights
>debaged
>spoiler delete (adds +0.01 drag coefficient)
>extra-loud exhaust (adds +5HP near readline, +80dB at idle)
>custome Gredddy startup picture on the radio

And this was owned by a fully grown adult male. I can't fuggen wait for the rice scene to make a comeback :D

Oh wait I forgot

>SICK front lip (tore half off on my drive back home fug)

Also are the fog lights supposed to be lime green?

Woah, I saw this car when Terry was building it lol.

The inside...

>90% of them are riced to absolute fuck
I don´t care as long as drives properly, hell, I would even rive it a bit myself.
As long as the main components are ok and it is not stanced, I´d buy it.

What's with the shift dildo? As pleasantly-located and operated as the shifter is stock, if anything it could do with a short shifter kit for better flickability.

Generally a riced out car is owned by an "ethnic" owner who drives the absolute fuck out of it with little or no maintenance. Head and tail light tint or an aftermarket spoiler would be my limit. Anything more than that and you're buying somebody else's mess.

I like the browsers on this board that think drag races are the only thing that matter on this board.

Shrug. Maybe the owner has hoonigan dreams. Maybe the transmission is a bitch to shift after the v8 swap.

im going to be one of those people with a ton of cars and im not going to share any of them with any of you other than at the car shows i go to

some day all you will be able to buy will be electric so i gotta build my dream car garage before its too late

>"ethnic" owner who drives the absolute fuck out of it with little or no maintenance
You can tell that if you look into the engine:
>black deposits
stretched oil changes
>blue camshafts
engine overheated

If you can look into the cylinders as well, you can tell how much it has been abused.

>Head and tail light tint or an aftermarket spoiler would be my limit
I´d include the obvious fart can and a racing seat if that makes it cheaper.
Exausts rust away anyways and are cheap as fuck (starting at 25€ depending on car) and are easy to change.
A racing seat would be nice anyway...

For other stuff it depends on how obvious/decent it is, cold air intakes, alloy wheels, painted brake calipers and other minor stuff doesn´t realy matter anyway for me...

If you want to swap the engine and build a trackmachine, rice is not a issue at all.
You replace these parts anyway...

lmao

>buys car that's meant to be driven hard
>buys car that's slow enough to *have* to be driven hard
>doesn't drive it hard

i agree user

>10 years

You can get a 2013 or 2014 for half the original MSRP now.

Not seen any listed for half yet. usually around 20 still

just service it and take care of it retard, the other side of the coin from driving hard and fast is maintaining your veichle

>looking at used car on craigslist
>hey bud, mind if I drop the engine and open it up to see how it's been driven before I buy it?

>you’ll be handsome when you grow up

Forget it. Age won’t help these cuckmobiles

>cuckmobiles
literally the best bang for your buck in terms on entry sports car.

My 2013 FRS is unmodded with 24k miles on it. Regularly maintained and condition inside and out is top notch.

Out of all my years of ownership, ive only done a donut twice out of curiosity.

Whats your point?

fag
u probably think you're pimping while u roll in VSC SPORT and impress ur slut (who sux blak diq on the sdie) but making her wait turn the TC off at redlites when wen she shud b gettin U off at redlites.

I bet u dont even turn it all off before starting with the autism pedal dance homo virgin

why did people expect it to be fast?

It looks fast.

I want one for the handling, reliability, and babbies first manual.

>being so retarded you can only hold steering wheel straight and slam on throttle
kek

>If you can look into the cylinders as well, you can tell how much it has been abused.

If you perform a compression test you can know how much it's been abused, and compression testers are dirt cheap.

>Hyundai Genesis Coupe with 348hp v6 and lower Msrp interjects

>Hyundai Genesis Coupe
enjoy handling sloppier than a passed out Taiwanese hooker.

>going all the way to Taiwan
>not getting a ladyboy
>not cuddling and making breakfast together the next morning

not with that attitude you can't

I doubt it'll reach s2k levels of rice tax. Probably something to where the S14's are right now since they're usually a little nicer and less beat to fucking hell than S13's.