/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 9th of June:
AD 68 – Nero commits suicide, after quoting Homer's Iliad, thus ending the Julio-Claudian dynasty and starting the civil war known as the Year of the Four Emperors.
747 – Abbasid Revolution: Abu Muslim Khorasani begins an open revolt against Umayyad rule, which is carried out under the sign of the Black Standard.
1815 – End of the Congress of Vienna: The new European political situation is set.
1856 – Five hundred Mormons leave Iowa City, Iowa for the Mormon Trail.

>News
CK2 DD 53 - Time to Pay Tribute
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-53-time-to-pay-tribute.1025784/

EU4 DD 30/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-30th-of-may-2017.1025986/
>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2 - 02/06/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Horthy/HPMP.
youtube.com/watch?v=3_QY3xsLQNI
encyclopedia.com/history/united-states-and-canada/us-history/cajuns
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

blanco y basado

If you have a suggestion or found a bug in Vic2/HPM, please consider submitting an issue at github.com/Horthy/HPMP.

This has nothing to do with the shitposting going on.

w&b

How do I stop cheating? I have over 2100 hours in EU4, but I've only avoided cheating like a little bitch in a few campaigns.

I'll suck you off but only when you finish a game with no cheats

are you a girl or a girl(male)?

First to reply picks my next game from one of these countries.

>Morocco
>Uzbek
>Baluchistan
>Naples
>Champa

I'm a transfat free, non-denominational, nondairy being

Uzbek.

bhutan

I'm sad there are no new games in this category. It feels like the same 2 have been played for years

see

Guys, is Prussia kill?

Should I reform the Golden Horde, go for an Uzbeki Ilkhanate, become Mughals, or go for a new Yuan?

>go for a new Yuan
Is that a strange way of saying become Genghis Khan?

>This has nothing to do with the shitposting going on.
The fact you need to write this is a dead giveaway that this is completely related to all the raiding and shitposting your group is doing in the thread.

uzbeki ilkhanate, someone was posting a yuan game a week ago
no you mongoloid heh it means reforming the yuan dynasty in china

Reminder to read AARnon's based AAR

Ghengis was Mongol, Uzbeks are Turks.

Golden Horde

all of the above

>the yuan dynasty in china
Yeah, Genghis Khan's dynasty that ruled China for a little bit. Their Chinese name being Yuan doesn't change who they were, user.

OK, now that I'm pretty competent at HoI3 I'm going to play a Soviets game.

Wish me luck.

>playing kaiserreich as national france with a pal who is playing as kingdom of canada
>finally recover my homeland, move my capital and the -50% manpower debuff is gone
>see that almost all the manpower in mainland france is depleted and I'm stuck with 100k manpower and 28 divisions
what to do

excellent

does hoi4 count as shitposting?

did you invade southern italy? there pretty weak and you can get a puppeted Italy out of it that good amount of IC and divisions. Spain is also an option.

>Tfw AI always cockblocks you in EU4

I just saw a denmark ally TO

When I play TO they literally never want to ally me and always rival

yes, I liberated The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies as a puppet and well, my pal got a large part of spain and I got catalonia so cant realese them.
Maybe I should just scrap the barrel or something, the nasty germans are looking at me with funny eyes.

As long as your playing it ironically it's not

I am going to make a gsg, which time period should it focus and what features would you like?

It doesn't matter, you are going to give up by tommorow

>reddit

Assuming your remotely serious, whatever motivates you because it needs to be a project of love for you to come remotely close to finishing it.
Assuming you just wanna speculate on ideal gsg settings, I'd love one set in space version with vicky 2's economy system. Or a cold war one that starts at the end of WW2 and ends in like 2030-2040

The Third Punic War, from Carthage's point of view.

>liberated the kingdom of Sicily
you can offer southern italy to the italian federation, they pretty much always accept and become your puppet so you get a united Italy under French control

mughals

they were a austrian puppet,so I said fuck them

Might as well also go for Arabia/Japan/Jurchens/SEA while at it, conquer all of Asia.

How do I get CK2 to stop crashing every 20 days? I'm in a late-game save of After the End, and I would just start a new game but none of the colonization events have happened yet and I want to experience them.

>Tfw Parodox is literally releasing a Russia DLC to nerf Ming

>generic power-play decisions as UK
I don't understand what there is to enjoy about somebody playing the #1 GP in the most vanilla way possible.

Okay well Germany decided to dismantle UK in a war and i ended up with this

r8? turned out super clean i'd say. india is a different story

I agree. I visited paradoxplaza to see their AARs but it's all just fucking boring, generic bullshit

Make it stop.

It's just the start, I know for a fact what's he's going to do later on to make it more interesting
Besides, you are supposed to enjoy his great immersive, not only the gameplay

What's the point of a great immersive if it's literally just him doing exactly what the AI does in every game by default? No amount of immersive can salvage that.

Again, things are going to change later on and get much more varied.
Although his actions are pretty much just the same as the AI, that's because they are either plausible or historical, and they are justified by roleplay and the lore, and that's interesting

HPM, will you consider re-balancing tech schools? Currently some of the generic schools are vastly less useful than some of the others
The naval school is probably the worst of the bunch. Nobody researches anything more than the leftmost two columns of navy tech (bases and ships), and there's little need to research them "on time" because there are no time-critical inventions or events involving them (like mission to civilize or dark continent). The commerce bonus is probably even worse than navy tech: you could play the whole game without researching any commerce techs and you'd just have less profitable factories. Couple with big penalties to army (all very useful/important) and culture (some important to research on time) and you get a terrible tech school.
Basically I think there might be some benefit to reworking the bonuses and penalties for tech schools, possibly moving past the current rule of "bonuses - penalties = 15% total" based on where the bonuses and penalties are applied with the understanding that some bonuses are better than others due to how much RP gets spent in the various tech lines.

Take Ifni.

Actually just kick Spain out of Africa

Whoops, didn't mean to quote.

Why contain it?

Kaiserreich or Road to 56?

KR and as Democratic America

Joke's on you, I formed Uzbeki Yuan and later formed Mughals for even more permanent claims.

KR as legation cities

prussia is a resilient little fuck

but why didn't you just smack prussia out of great power status, sphere it, & form greater germany?

That's a lot of blobbing. The point of making people choose was so that he wouldn't blob so much.

>3rd

>that Kasanje blob
I unironically love the Angolian Nigger Ducks

besides KS, what are some other decent hoi4 mods?

>your Mosley shitpost is still part of AARnons AAR, apparently
Nice

>KS
Wrong general

pretty easy, they had no allies for some reason so i just sat on their country till 100% war exhaustion then used the dismantle cb so they couldn't get some random GP to mess it all up.

Hopefully I can still get France and the Dutch out though, but i think in all this game's been pretty good

Show pops

i haven't done any ethnic cleansing though I probably should have. once I switched to fascist dictatorship rebels have been a bitch. mostly just wanted to see the flag/name and if there were any neat decisions but pretty underwhelming desu

I think like 35% of my pops are accepted too

>1941
>Kingdom of Two Sicilies

Entente is clearly the worst alliance

"Displace" all Europeans left within your borders

Where can i download a the Kaiserreich mod?
I cant on the skylines mod page.

So what's the general consensus on defensive pacts?
Personally I like them.

The AI never seems to have to deal with them since they never expand as aggressively as the player, but getting to fight armies of literally 50k+ troops every war even when you're the largest realm on the map is a lot of fun.

I feel like without defensive pacts wars would get boring quickly.

completely worthless if you move quickly enough

who cares if you're up against 100k+ troops if they take years to form up?

youtube.com/watch?v=3_QY3xsLQNI

Thread theme.

tliquor

I'm playing a TO->Prussia game and I was lucky at the start when Denmark rivaled Poland, Austria and England, so I got to ally them. Made the beginning much easier. I got to vassalize Mazovia. in the first war.

It's not blobbing if it's all rightful Mongol clay.

Finally. /gsg/ is dead. I can rest in peace now.

tyohan

>CoF capitulates
>Normandy is ceded to German Empire, not to RoF

>GoY$
>complains about being meme'd on

Sure, will do.

Making it based on ideology will only make things more messy when regime changes occur and overall in communist/fascist regimes non primary pops/government were hardly more tolerant of different cultures.

For now, not really, though I have a few things in mind (like making isolationism for uncivs an actual active policy instead of a random event).

I never left. Sometimes I get too busy though.

I got that suggestion from time to time but I don't really think it's a good idea to do it because a) their numbers would be really small, like around 1000 pops b) it would fuck up assimilation and generally create assimilation problems and finally c) as soon as yankees moved in they would assimilate extremely fast.

Also language =/= culture, it's part of it but not all of it. It's complicated to associate the ban on french in schools with the end of a culture.

Just started playing EU4 after spending a few hundred hours with Victoria 2. Both games playing as western powers now and everyone including native Americans have canons by the time colonization begins.

What the fuck?

basedalex

He's right though. Go complain at r/paradoxplaza

not complaining, I expected this shit

HPM, let me ask, what's the dirtiest Mayo-in-Texas level modding "cheat" you used in V2 to override a hardcoded mechanic?

Yeah, it's something I've been working on but I'm not entirely happy yet. I considered moving the last colonization tech to the naval tech school, since it would make sense as naval communication was extremely important for this.

>Nobody researches anything more than the leftmost two columns of navy tech (bases and ships)
I actually made naval range matter more, it's heavily dependent on tech. The problem is, colonization range is relatively worthless because the far away islands are worthless and you can get range by conquering uncivs, even if they are out of your range. I can't limit by distance so I might limit overseas conquest by an average range from your capital to the overseas territory that you are targeting in the future. That way without the right techs you wouldn't be able to declare war in far away places unless you have a base in that continent.
It's easier said than done in a good manner though.

>possibly moving past the current rule of "bonuses - penalties = 15% total"
Yeah, the commerce tech school and the naval tech school would benefit the most out of this.

I'm not familiar with M&T but it would probably be the Swiss AI constantly breaking alliances/access to remain truly neutral and the overall relation impact that has to stop it from being spammed.

In 1815 they would number up to 35,000 and later in 1880 270,000. According to this source assimilation wasn't mainstreamed until WW1.

I warned you about EU4, bro

encyclopedia.com/history/united-states-and-canada/us-history/cajuns

source up here^^

tfw hindu wunderwaffe

Could you fix the policies on some communist parties? The Bolsheviks in the USSR weren't for full citizenship. You couldn't immigrate into nor emigrate out of the place. Residency would fit them best, along with moralism as they more of aimed to take over the clergy than outright killing them.

Should I declare on Byzantium and vassalize them?

I got a non-Emperor Austria, Castille, and Pope as allies, not sure if I would be able to take on the Turks when they eventually declare for Constantinople.

r8 post-2ndweltkrieg yurop