/CCG/ - Classic Car General

/CCG/ - Classic Car General

Fast food run Edition

Generic copy/pasta incoming:

>Cars are considered classic at 25 years old,
But a vehicle really needs that certain something, to be classic

>Everybody has their own taste, enter if it's of age or rarity.

>Post your classic, your work on it, your hackery, and get advice

>Any and all discussion about classics welcome, but may not necessarily generate responses, don't get butthurt.

>Any and all classics welcome regardless of nationality

>Classic shitbox > modern shitbox

>You will inevitably spend twice your budget, no exceptions unless you mint your own hash coins

Other urls found in this thread:

bham.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-corvette/6315482149.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1983-toyota-supra/6317260187.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-honda-prelude-no-rust/6266602425.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is 240 six in line a good engine on a 67 f100?

badump

Define good. It's reliable but a slow turd.

Reliability is all that matters, shouldn't have a problem towing an old mustang on open trailer? Think they didn't have other engine options at the time?

You'll have the option of a 300, which is marginally better, a 360 which is a lot better for towing and maybe a 390. You can tow with anything, that has more to do with gearing.

Cool, thanks. Were the three on the trees good transmissions?

the linkages are ass to repair.

Yes. Ford didn't make a bad full sized transmission back then. Only thing I'd watch out for would be worn out linkages

Thenks men

Np my dude

So what was a verdict on the c3s?

bham.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-corvette/6315482149.html

I called and from what i got, they both run and drive, dont smoke, etc. No major glaring issues that the guy mentioned about from both having soft brakes.

The red one has a complete interior except seats are torn, and everything is kinda worn.

Burgandy one is missing driver door pannel, driver door is having trouble opening, and center console is missing.... but its got side pipes...

Sounds like the red is in better condition, and he said he'd take 4k, and deliver it to me for 100 bucks. Thoughts?

Now all this hinges on selling the ranchero tonight... fingers crossed... otherwise, ill become a harley faggot come saturday.

I'd only buy one of those with plans of 4spd swap and 427 added in

Do it

>Panda Express
The broccoli beef is very underrated tbqh, good stuff

Shit was dank. I got that and the sweet fire chicken.

>Go out to fix carb tune on mustang
>car starts up fine
>car idles fine in park
>car idles fine in gear
>car drives perfectly
>car doesn't stall when you goose the pedal accidentally
Well
i guess its fixed now
I went through the idle mixture tuning process again from the beginning and made sure the marks i made for the distributor position were aligned perfectly but it doesn't do anything it was yesterday

Now Roadkill has the Ford Muscle truck.

I've been running work errands in my Imperial; meaning that I've been, literally, getting paid to drive a classic car. Ah, the small bits of joy that shine like diamonds.

now you don't have to off yourself!

Oh, I have no intent of ever killing myself. It's a LOT more complex than that.

See, I view life as, essentially, pointless and that which brings me a greater amount of joy than misery is what I pursue. For example, I hate some customers at work and would like to knock some sense into them with a breaker bar; but, I hate prison and homelessness more. It's very similar to how I functioned in the Army. I don't seek out death; nor, do I want to die. I feel nothing towards it or living and I welcome death as a change and a means to sate my curiosity about it; but, I'm not going to its arms sooner than need be.

you need a woman but this time try cougarlife.

The caddy will make it seem like you com from old money.

nihilism is for edgy teens, get over yourself.

Dude, you're going to pool your money with me and buy both for 8k, right? And have him ship the maroon one to me?

you don't need a junker.

Is this a general statement or directed at me specifically since I've already owned multiple? Kek

Just watch out for rust on the body :^)

You don't need ANOTHER junker.

this tbqhwyf

Alrighty guys, back from work.

So earlier I mentioned that my car would start, but would stall if I didn't rev the engine once or twice.
Can you please Walk a previously no-car through figuring out what's wrong and fixing it?

One of you mentioned earlier that it could be too much fuel being pumped in when the car is being turned over.
Any way of confirming this?

mfw well done paintjob on a classic truck

could be too little fuel, which means any electronics or parts related to fuel delivery could be messed up, thats the pump and computers that control the pump

could be intake as well, if the vehicles electronic intake is messed up it will do that, had that issue once

do you have to constantly rev it to keep it on or just once or twice and it runs fine?

I mean, it's got what looks like a fuel adjustment knob.
Could I just try and turn it up by one notch and see if it fixes it, or would that run the risk of ducking everything up?

Pic related: the adjustment knob.

fuel adjustment knob? carbureted, european, or both?

Just once or twice while I turn it over.
Heck, is this just a normal thing and I'm a moron who's never driven anything but Toyota '04 and newer?

Got my headers on, just gotta break them in now

What.

The engine itself is the 170 I6, and the car's from Canada.

i have legit never heard of a fuel adjustment knob, maybe i'm just retarded.

a clean air filter might be a decent fix though, even though its most likely unrelated

nice

well if it really does adjust the fuel, running rich is better than running lean, try bumping it up a bit and see what it does

unless you seriously jack up the fuel going in all youre gonna do is lower your mpg

As a side note that filter could probably stand to be changed

Fixed everything.
1/2 click on the know did the trick.
Alrighty then.
It'll get changed as soon as I have the cash.
I spent my last $13.89 on around 5 gallons of gas to get home from work today.

man i wish my problems were that easy, i literally started working backwards from most unlikely to most likely when it comes to car issues because literally nothing i do fixes anything

>mfw spend hours trying to figure out why my headlights dont work

That's a fuel pressure regulator ya knob.
Also change that fuel filter

Mine don't work either, though it's most likely because they haven't been plugged in.

Or I haven't found the right button.
One or the other.
Well, as a previously no-cars, I guess I'll remember that.
Thanks man.

i have the absolute prestige of owning a vehicle that doesnt use fuses OR relays for the headlights, so when something goes wrong i have to channel my inner contortionist to look behind the unremoveable metal dash at the wiring that was redone by a methhead using only shitty metal crimp connectors and hope i dont accidentally pull one loose

br/o/s, what cleaner do you use to bring life back to old landau vinyl tops? ty

Intermittent shit like that is almost always a piece of dirt in the carb and partially closing off a jet.

Change your fuel filter and clean your shit out.

neato. What is that? I really wanted an Apple 1 for a time

windex

>TRSDOS
It's a Trash80.

C128 lyf dawg

A 1980s Tandy computer. It's so ridiculously outdated and utterly useless that it's awesome.

You're truck is a shit, nice thumb in the frame btw dipshit

Just pulled them out.
Any suggestions?
They're actually hooked in, so it would appear that I just haven't found the control or the wiring's shot.

>You're truck is a shit
Arguably tru

>nice thumb in the frame btw dipshit
Np my dude

I know how you feel, Drac. It's the opposite for me though. I have a woman who is amazing, but my body is broken as fuck and I'm only 26. It hurts everyday and the pain is unbearable most days. I drown myself in pain killers a lot and I fear what the future may hold.

I'm ready for the end, man, seriously. Every single day is a struggle and I'm getting tired.

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1983-toyota-supra/6317260187.html
cross posting from Veeky Forums

How bad is lost compression, would it mean a new engine or rebuild, etc?

It either means worn piston rings or valves not sealing completely. Either scenario, you're pulling that engine significantly apart, or putting a new one in.

It's not quite the opposiye; my body is falling apart, too. I spent the better part of yesterday in the ICU at the Temple VA hospital. My lungs are 30% scar tissue, my back is weakened, and I'm not too far out from needing knee replacement. To top it off, I'm 28. I'm immune to Vicodin and the painkillers I was taking did nothing. I should have a handicapped parking permit, but when I had a temporary one I was so criticized and belittled that it was worth enduring the physical pain instead of being insulted for using a parking space to help ease the pain I've been in since I was injured in Iraq; telling those who yelled at me replaced the anger with pity, which is no better.

If it helps, you're not alone.

Geeze man, my heart genuinely goes out to you. That's so fucked that people actually criticized you. The military is so hard on the body, I have a friend who went overseas and he is similarly afflicted. What did you do over there if you don't mind me asking?

Forgot trip. I mean, yeah it does feel nice knowing somebody knows my pain, but you sound worse off than me in some ways and other people being in pain makes me sad.

Life is suffering. I don't even know why we're here or to what point. I don't even care if the world does end, honestly. I just want my fiance by me when it does.

>I'm pretty fucked up on kratom right now, numb and floating on a cloud

>/CCG/ - feels edition

In t-minus 10 hours I will be the proud owner of this beautiful mother fucker

It is what it is. While I have a deep darkness that I deal with, almost nobody knows. However; waking up while being scooped into a wheelchair and having no idea who I am or where I am is always scary. So, when poised with something that's supposed to create fear, I reveal the royal flush that I'm holding.

I did almost everything in the Army; my "official" job was A.C. Tech, but I was OSHA liaison, a door gunner in a Blackhawk, wheeled vehicle mechanic, convoy support, generator mechanic, and I was a day away from OCS when I got my discharge papers.

I had one of those; interesting cars. That's a Safety Orange example, I see. AMC or Ford V8?

I kept these.

Well I share your pain man, if only some of it. Maybe it will get better some day.

What car is that?

AMC baby

I'm no gear head, although I know a bit more about cars than the average Joe and this'll be my first classico

I made a thread earlier if ya wanna check it out

Bricklin SV-1

1987 civic hatch si 1986 z31 300zx (it sat for 10 years in the middle of reviving)

Do NOT pay $18k for it. It's barely worth $12k.

You are going to be doing major work to get that engine running properly. You are probably going to end up taking it out.
Such a shame because it looks pretty awesome aside from the engine being fucky.

fuck I want a ma60

Read my post in the other thread and check out the link. There's no reason to pay more than $10k for one.

It's frustrating, I've been looking for sometthing cheap I can DD for a while, but most of everything is garbage, but no shortage of project cars that are interesting, $800 fiero, $1500 280z,turdgens etc.

Buy a AMX or Javelin for that price mate
or buy a Corvair and use the spare cash to make a 180 turbo build.

headlights are car/manufacturer specific, look up common problems for your vehicle

I don't understand the obsession with corvairs.

a mk2 supra would be a comfy DD
of course it would have to run proper

I've been trying to find something that doesn't have major issues but it's been hard. Theres a 3rd gen up in maine for $1.2k but its an auto and has a bunch of small shit wrong with it.

Fiero didn't run due to the fuel system, 280z is missing a bumper and body is kinda out of shape.
89' autotragic rx7 GTU that looks like it was owned by a ethnic ricer, etc
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-honda-prelude-no-rust/6266602425.html
This would be cool, but the price is a bit high for me. I've been looking at pretty much everything $1500 or less on CL for a few weeks, no luck finding anything decent. There was a b2500 with 130k 4cyl manual that needs a breakline that I was thinking about if I could get it less than the $1500 price. Might just end up buying a old Saturn since I've seen a few that aren't too high miles and don't look that bad.

Post doggos.

take better pics bruh

doggos and trucks are just photogenic

Kind of hard to do in the highway at night t b h. Nice pupper and truck tho

I don't have a doggo but I have a cat. Haven't been in my apartment for weeks, neighbor is feeding him. I miss him

I don't think you've posted that one before, fuckin comfy. I can't wait for fall/winter. I wonder if cats mind riding in bumpy trucks

>17923695
After 19 years, I had to put my cat down the other day

>came home and she wasn't waiting at the door tonight
>just fuck my feels up

I call her chomp. just finished converting her from a 202 to a buick v6.

developed by the head of subaru america too if I'm not mistaken.

Going through some pics.. this wiring for the battery disconnect on my Fury is probably the second jankiest work I've ever done. First being the diy radiator shroud on my truck

sorry mang, 19 years is a pretty good run. My kitty is about 11 years old but I've only had him for 6mo

you'd never know, maybe

That's not really that bad. Its not a proper battery disconnect, but it is a solid electrical connection, no different than how the cables connect to the battery.

There was a lot of shit just twisted together and electrical taped on my bronco. THAT is what you want to avoid.

i get the feeling dogs care a whole lot less about the bumps than cats

sorry to hear man, sucks losing a pet.
my parents put down my childhood dog without even telling me years back, bad feels

That's one clean ass Dodge my nigger

Fixing to put some brand spankin new super swampers on my 84 w150

are your axle ratios going to make it anything other than slow as fuck?
im planning on pulling my engine and swapping it with a carb converted magnum 5.9
and when that happens ill either rebuild or replace the rear axle since its got a fair amount of slop and have the transmission rebuilt so i can have some fresh synchros.

corvairs are the pinnacle of GM

they handle better then a modern car whilst being
almost as light as a Miata with more power but also being a drift missile and being many firsts in the American car industry.

I wouldn't recommend it, they overheat in under a minute on the turbo and it doesn't really spool until high rpm anyway.

this

>corvairs are the pinnacle of GM
Nah my dude.

I thought in period tests, the corvair handled just the same as everyone else. The unsafe at any speed was a meme.

Realistically, how much would one of these in somewhat good condition cost me?