Rx7 FC

should i buy an FC

yes

as long as you know how to fix it

(you)

should i wait to rebuild it if its clean or do it right away

I don't get triggered by LS swaps, but I'll never understand WHY people LS swap the RX7, surely theres a better platform for an LS, I thought the whole point of the RX7 was to be light and nimble. Wouldn't a bigass V8 make it front heavy?

>Wouldn't a bigass V8 make it front heavy?
yes, which is the opposite of what mazda intended

Some manlet faux chad at my school bought the cleanest white FC off a guy who owned a ton of paul walkers/rodas' cars. 140k never had a rebuild yet, if this retard doesn't take care of it im going to be pissed.

thats not an LS

here is an LS RX7

thats sick im trying to get a clean fc that isnt mixing oil and coolant with a straight body and minor cosmetic issues for no more than 2450$,
theres a few deals here and there in florida but alot of them are junk

>surely theres a better platform for an LS
Yeah, it's called the Corvette. Depending on how much your swap ends up costing, it might even be cheaper to just sell your car and buy one.

and a full iron 5.3 with a turbo had a 51.9 front/48.1 rear

so nah

V8s dont mess it up any

>Depending on how much your swap ends up costing, it might even be cheaper to just sell your car and buy one.

this is how I feel about legit LS swaps

shits so expensive you could easily build a rotary up more for less

Oh yeah shit you're right, it's not an LS. I was not expecting to see those numbers, that really isn't bad at all, considering how much more power you get.

>front heavy
compared to the weight that is now over/past the front axle

oh yeah the image I posted is of an FD tho

this one is a FC

oh you mean like a rotary when its actually in running condition lol

what?
almost 1/3 of the swapped engine's block alone is past the front axle, though
and that swapped engine is also taller and wider

doesnt really matter when the weight distribution is still good on top of making loads more power and torque

>Florida
>looking for a car
I have some bad news for you...

>weights of a modified car with weight reduction done
Kek

>modified car
>ls swap
gee no shit?

>I thought the whole point of the RX7 was to be light and nimble.

Then why does it weigh 3000lbs? An extra 50 lbs won't destroy it's balance.

Stock fd is 100kg lighter than that

average fc is ~2750lb

>extra 50 lbs
iirc, the 13b long block is up to 250lb on average
isn't a v8 longblock around ~350lb?
more weight also ends up away from the center lines, not just the front/rear balance

>Then why does it weigh 3000lbs?
Cherry picking- the post

maybe with all emissions and accessories
good luck finding one with a/c, powersteering is 50% chance
without the ac/ps bracket, i pulled the motor from my car. people have weighed the motor from the fc and it's more 160lbs without a/c and ps.
i walked around the house with the engine stand part attached and the stock heavy s4 turbo crap and put it on the stand in the carport. and i'm a cripple. the ls is heavy, and it really changes the handling of an rx7 a lot. the same as an i6 in a 240sx. a 1uz or ls in a 240 doesn't though

>the ls is heavy, and it really changes the handling of an rx7 a lot

yeah if you swap like an idiot and put no thought into it

and its like 100 extra pounds in an FD and still around 50/50

>thread devolves into ls swap shitposting
this is why I hate Veeky Forums

OP: Before you buy an FC, read about rotaries A LOT PLEASE. I don't want to see another rx7 destroyed because someone buys one not realizing what theyre getting themselves into and then they just blow the engine and part it out and there goes another car that I could have bought but didnt.
I'm in the market for an FC T2 right now, and they're so hard to find. I'm looking at one for really cheap a few hours from me that needs a rebuild, but i'm still too poor to afford it I think. By the time I have money for one I fear the market will be all dried up

Lol caring what happens to metal ownd by others. If they want to swap ls then let them, who cares

yeah dude i mean might as well just let them crash them all too.
if every rx7 is ls swapped, the proper ones will be ridiculously expensive. thats why i dont want them all to be ruined

>Clean rx7
>For sale
Kek my man all of them will be blowing smoke during test drive

T2 is a legit future collectors car

shush

no, don't ruin it for the rest of us
please let dorito hate keep it from that

Weight distribution =/ polar moment of inertia.