What's your credit score?

What's your credit score?

How do I break 800?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-vs-the-guy-she-told-you-not-to-worry-about
youtube.com/watch?v=A6Qv9555JUw&t=243s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dipping below 740 was your first mistake.

The $1500 sign up bonus was too temping.

About 580.

I had a bunch of medical bills when I was a teenager I couldn't pay.

I am denied every credit card and loan application I put in, even the ones meant for repairing your score, I actually can't figure out how to improve my score.

What card is this

just going to have to wait desu

how long?

If you have money you can always get a secured credit line. Like you open a CD account for $1000 and you get a card that takes your D as payment if you default.

Then whatever, use it to pay for gas and pay it off every month.

I'm at around ~750 and 22. I've never really understood it, I just pay shit off on time every time.

Got a Chase Unlimited Card with 1k limit and 25% APR yesterday.

Yeah, it comes with a pretty sweet $150 cashback special. No big deal. :^)

>Worried about your good goy score

You should be worrying about how many assets you own.

lmfao what? I have a 690 and got 4k and 15%, same card

>t.cashcuck

Don't think credit scores exist where I live. So you just pay your card bills on time and your score increases?

It's hilarious, the only "blemish" on my credit history is that I don't have credit history. That is, I got penalized for NOT taking out a shitload of credit cards in the past. How fucked is that?

(((They))) make you take out a bunch of credit...to increase your credit rating. Then bury your goy ass in debt.

You're fucking retarded. You don't even know how credit cards work.

Sam doesn't know where my shekels come from.

>Unlimited Card with 1k limit

Just having a kek. I myself have 740 after about 2.5 years of paying my bills in full and on time. AMEX keeps raising my credit limit without asking though, I now have like $215k in credit even though I only make $80k/year

My credit score is around 700, i have about $90,000 in revolving credit. Literally no point in raising my credit score higher when i already have an absurd amount of credit availible and get good rates on loans.

Make sure you have enough lines of credit open, never miss a payment.

idk, i have to pay 20 bucks to find that shit out in Canada

fuck that

> credit scores
> Arbitrary good boy points that your bank awards you for giving them money

Fuck that. I don't need it. I'll buy my house with $160k in cold hard cash in 13 months.

>not keeping your cash at room temperature

Got me

>tying up assets that could be used to make more money
>having that much cash assets in the first place
The financial illiteracy of this board never ceases to amaze me.

You can worry about both lad.

Leverage can be used to acquire mad assets. God Emperor Trump did so.

785. Its been hovering their for years. I like to cycle credit cards for rewards so thats probably what keeps it so low.

>le renting is better meme

My credit score was 420 blaze it when I got married. I had a good job ($50k wageslave) but shit money management. My wife took over finances and set about fixing my credit.

First we bought an overpriced couch from one of those rent to own places. We chose Aarons. $100/month payments for a year. I probably overpaid $300 for the couch but the goal was credit improvement.

They report every payment as a positive credit alert, as well as the final payment is reported as the final one time payment, and a second report of the full sum.

So I got 12 positive $100 entries and one positive $1200, for a $1200 couch.

From there I got a Walmart card.

Your first card is your most important card. Never let it go below 50%, always have an outstanding balance on it, and never ever ever close it. I hardly use the thing now, but I remind myself to get something at least once a month and I pay it down. I started with a $200 limit now it's got $5000

After the Walmart card we mutually bought a car.

I can't stress this enough. Pay your bills on time at this point. You're going to be reporting regular positive submissions with the car. A negative submission (medical bill, power/utility, whatever) that goes into collections looks much worse now than on its own.

After the car we financed a second so I could have a commuter.

Then I got a second couch, on finance but from a better store, and a second card.

Then I refinanced my cars and the refinance was good for my credit.

Then I bought a home.

I'm currently at 745. Not bad for 5 years.

Oh. And consistently grow your income. That helps.

I'm 21 and mine is at 760-770.

I have one student credit card. One auto loan, utilities in my name.

All I've done is routinely run up the credit card and paid it off. I set my auto loan up to just autocharge me.

Idk not a ton of credit history but enough I guess

You dont need to keep a 50% balance on your card. You can build credit without ever paying interest.

I have two cards, one that I just use a convenient payment method and always repay each month (so never pay interest), and another one I signed up for but never used at all. How fucked am I? (I'm in Canada so I can't find out for free)

>credit score importance
>student debt
>gpa importance

only in murrica

My goy score. 4 cards and I have never missed a payment and I pay in full at the end of the billing cycle.

I only/always use my sapphire card instead of cash, so that probably explains my score.

757/850
I was at 792 then it all of a sudden dropped back in may, not sure why. Could it be because i paid off my car loan super early?

Credit score means nothing it is ultimately only utilised by computers for low value ass credit usually up to 30k, for the rest credit analyst will review and calculate the risk associated with you based on several factors

Is it possible to have a good credit score when unemployed.

Currently studying in college, so the best I could get is some low-wage part-time job.

this

literally laughing my ass off

these goys get tricked into paying and using their CC every month

holy shit

>running water
>being able to buy a house before 30
>OSHA
only in murrica

"god emperor" Trump is celebrity rich. Like one comedian put it. " If I were to ask Trump to show me 5000 in cash and gave him a week to do it, he wouldn't be able to." The goal is to be like Buffett and the Rothschild, not like Kim Kardashian.

>t.poorfag who thinks his plastic and borrowing score means anything

>Buy a house
You mean borrow. Miss a mortgage payment. The see how much you "own" your house.

it literally means rewards and cash back on things i already buy anyway with cash / debit
why are nocreditors so thick

>1-2% cash back
Whoa, that's like totally worth it. You're too far invested in the meme. You keep building that credit score and racking up those rewards, champ. Then hey, before you know it, you'll be able to borrow your first house. Maybe you can even borrow a Bentley. That'll be the day, huh?

>being so salty you got declined you post 5 times in one thread, 3 posts in a row arguing about something you clearly don't understand

every shitpost should be equivalent to a hard pull

Have fun borrowing shit you can't actually afford, poorfag. What are you wasting time on here for? You gotta go swipe that plastic and collect your 2%.

>I have such bad self control that I simply can't imagine other people not borrowing shit they can't afford

>spending what you budget for
>pay it all off in full
>get some money back

Not everyone carries a balance month to month. What does being poor have to do with credit cards?

>Implying I was ever poor and or stupid enough to fall for the credit meme
>Having such bad self control that you have to borrow shit you can't afford

Answer me this, borrowfags. If you were a billionaire would your credit score matter? Fuck. No. But your poor and don't want to admit. So you keep flaunting credit like it's actual physical wealth. I call this middle class syndrome. Debt=Liability. This is finance 101. You want to be a CREDITOR not a user of CREDIT. Sheckleberg has you kids ducking programmed. You get that 2%, and don't let anybody tell you your poor, tiger.

cringe

>Get some money back
>2%

Creditcucks are like people who keep their money in a shavings account. Do you not realize the amount of credit you would have to spend for 2% to ever reach a point where it is a sizeable reward? For every 10 dollars you spend that's 2 fucking pennies. DATS LIKE.... TOTALLY WORTH IT N' SHIEET. GIBS ME DAT PLASTIC SO I CAN BORROW SOME SHIEEET.

>le cringe
Nice argument, poorfag.

>And then we gave them 2% back on all the shit they borrowed
>2 WHOLE PERCENT

>implying that math is hard

my cards get me more than 2% back. You sound pretty bitter my dude. I've never carried a balance. I have a set amount of money set aside each month, spend it on credit, get my points, pay off. You just sound like a rube.

>negative interest rate debt is a liability
This board really is full of idiots.

WOAH WATCH OUT EVERYONE. WE GOT A 3% TOUGH GUY. You guys are great. You get those fucking rewards. I've gotta go manage my HARD ASSETS. I'll shitpost with you kids later.

probably just some kid with a pizza job

You mean your $10 robin hood account?

>Uses credit
>Calls others retarded

Ok that's the last one. I could resist. Don't borrow that 2% too fast. You might hurt someone.

Just out of curiosity, how do you pay for your day to day purchases?

>Works in a pizza place
That'd be you. That's why you need a credit card. Okay, I swear I'm done.

Just out of curiosity, how do you pay for your day to day purchases?

675 here
I didn't miss payments or fuck anything up, I'm just young. That's up about 53 points from last year. Hope to hit 720+ this year so I can buy one of these.

I did this from age 17 to 23 with only two cards. One was an extension of my dad's, which is how I had a card before 19 in BC. Both were with CIBC.

At one point HSBC told me me score, which was 810. I think you're fine.

815 still dont know what to do with it.

I cannot for the life of me figure out your image.

Be a good goy and sign up for credit cards with high annual fees.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-vs-the-guy-she-told-you-not-to-worry-about
youtube.com/watch?v=A6Qv9555JUw&t=243s

You do that hom boy, I'll just keep laughing at you.

It costs literally nothing to get a credit card. The 3% back is literally free money. It doesn't matter how many hard assets you have.

I am floating around 690. My father told me that he would pay this small medical bill that I had at 19, but he never did and it went into default. I would've paid it, but he kept taking my bill. He's dead now, so I guess that's payback for attempting to ruin my credit.

Made some big purchases in december and let them generate a statement instead of paying off

What was the utilization? How different was it from regular usage that it went up to 780 like that?

800+ master race reporting in

Chase Sapphire/Reserve. Got the Reserve and it's pretty fucking cool. Equivalent to AmEx platinum card.

5 or 7% I think, I have a lot of credit cards with high limits. but the increase from october to december was unexpected
Didn't think 5 inquiries dropping off would be that big of increase.

>using credit
>ever

wew

was at 760 at some point

lost my job, now I have 30+ credit cards. Every month I have to do multiple balance transfers and get loans and all other kinds of fuckery, then get cash advances, buy gold off ebay and pawn it. really lads, I don't know how long I can keep this up.

Use borrowell

I just have a home loan and a car loan. The only other line of credit to my name was for the engagement ring I bought, and that was 12 month 0% APR, which was pretty much free money at that point.

I really don't care to get my credit down any further. I could do it to refi my home from 3.5% to something lower, but I'd have to get it up buying shit I don't need, and the savings wouldn't be substantial.

>buying an engagement ring on credit
>buying an engagement ring
people really aren't this stupid right?

Bankruptcy?

Kek

credit karma explains that it is having 3-7 credit cards in perfect standing (no missed payments), at least one loan in your life, fully paid off, and lots of empty unused credit on your credit cards. Obviously having higher income so your credit limit is higher is key.

I am borderline 800, usually around 799ish. Took 6-7 years.

My buddy dropped 5k on his engagement ring. It was still second hand too.

If it was financed at 0% then it was free money.

846 when buying a truck two years ago. Didn't know it was that high, don't know what it is now, don't really care. It's not worth worrying about OP, as long as you pay for your shit on time you're good.

>he thinks his monthly payment was his credit score

lost

Lost as well. You win the internet today, user, but there will be tomorrow...

ok.. I dont understand this, at all!

I`m norwegian, so our system is not as messed up (?) as the american...

BUT!

credit score!
You have to have a lot of credit cards, use them a lot and pay it all back to be able to get a mortage on your house?

it seems a bit backwards if I understand correctly.

Or am I missing all the points?

in my world, credit cards are the devil, and you stay away. You are only allowed to have one loan, and that is on your house, everything else you pay with money, not with loan...

someone plese expain a bit to a confused guy

>TFW signed up for mobile carrier and they did a hard pull on my credit

Wtf when does my shit recover??

804. Had a couple of inquiries in the last year due to refinancing my mortgage.

>not buying the phone outright and using a prepaid sim
good goy

>Credit

Fools, the lot of you

>How do I break 800?
suck more jewish cock, you can probably fit way more in your mouth if you really try.

I still don't have a credit score after more than a year of having a credit card.

I have heard that you need more than one line of credit, is that true? I only have the one card which I pay every month.

Yes I think that reflects negatively, maybe not negatively but not as positive as paying it off on schedule does.

more like reddit score amirite

>tricked

Yea making 1% cash back on everything I'd normally buy anyway with the fruad protection sure is tricking me.....

Kek.

Dunno.
Time?