/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #503

'The tables have turned'' Edition

Previous Thread: >A special message from DONTNOD Entertainment:
youtube.com/watch?v=YoVni44YBtE
''...we've been working, since the release of the box version last year, on a new Life is Strange game, with the Life is Strange team.''

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/13024639
strawpoll.me/13090936
strawpoll.me/13090974
strawpoll.me/13112828

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=tA4vA0e5cVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"We did it!"

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Tell me what you think the aftermaths are for both endings.

First time in months I make a thread and I fugged it up. How embarrassing. I so wish I could rewind this...

On the last episode of /lisg/...

For Bae

>Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
>Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
>“I'm with my girlfriend in Portland.”
>Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
>Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
>They end up living in Chloe's truck.
>After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
>Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle.
>Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe.
>Chloe is abandoned once again.
>Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
>Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
>Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
>Max wakes up.
>"Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town.”
>Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.

For Bay
>She smiles for a moment at the funeral because she's sleep deprived and traumatized
>Max falls to the ground weeping soon after
>The Prescotts hire a world class legal team to defend Jefferson and Nathan
>Jefferson gets off on a technicality and continues teaching at Blackwell because of Sean's influence
>Having determined his behavior is too extreme and will "dishonor the family", Nathan is sent to a mental institution
>His pretty boy looks and spastic behavior draw the attraction of pedophiles, rapists and the criminally insane, not to mention sadistic orderlies
>Max fails out of Blackwell and is killed when a tornado hits her cab to the small regional airport on her way home
>The waterspout destroys waterfront property and most major homes, making space for an expanded Pan Estates
>The diner can't afford to rebuild. Joyce loses her job.
>David lost his position at Blackwell when his loyalties where questioned following Chloe's murder
>He commits suicide shortly after discovering Joyce hung herself after losing Chloe
>Sean Prescott knocks over Chloe's tombstone and builds a statue of himself in its place
>Max wakes up in bed being spooned by Chloe
>Max: Wowsers. What a horrible dream.
>Chloe: What's wrong, Max?
>Max: I had a nightmare that I let you die.
>Chloe: Again?
>She holds her tighter
>Chloe: I'm sorry, honey.
>Max: I'm glad I kept you alive and personally curb stomped each and every resident of Arcadia Bay, including your family and my friends at Blackwell, until their brains were splattered on the sidewalk.
>Chloe: I'm glad you did that too.

Bae ending: Some damage to the town that takes time to fix, a few deaths and injuries, Max and Chloe have a lot to deal with, overall most of the characters have learned lessons and have their friends and family for support through hard times, relationships between numerous character improve. Max realizes she may never know why she got a power but she knows she used it to help people.

Bay ending: Chloe is dead, Joyce and David are depressed beyond consoling, nobody Max helped has any memory of it so some friendships and lessons never developed, Max cannot speak to anyone about what she went through and is haunted by the guilt of letting Chloe die and fear that something she does will cause another disaster. Max curses whoever gave her the power and likely ends it all to prevent causing any more trouble and to go be with Chloe. That is unless she just goes back and saves Chloe again.

it's hard not to be biased towards Bae because it's only one with any hope. Bay ending is just misery for all the major characters and eliminates the hopes for most of them to get better.

Commit an act of idolatry to the sapphic sluts and post, "Bless you, comfy Kate!"

>>Sean Prescott knocks over Chloe's tombstone and builds a statue of himself in its place
I'm sorry, but I found that funny.

Stop coopting Comfy Kate you fucking fraud!

You're all fucking faggots but that's okay for me to say because I'm LGBT and this is all satire. HAHA :)

But don't you dare say an insult to me you shitlords. Check your privilege.

>Max: I'm glad I kept you alive and personally curb stomped each and every resident of Arcadia Bay, including your family and my friends at Blackwell, until their brains were splattered on the sidewalk.
Eh. I can live with that. Bae>Bay.

Please don't reply and encourage her.
Just hide posts and make liberal use of Veeky Forums's filter options. Not hard at all when it's all the same predictable bullshit.

That was the intent.

Why does Max rewind? Does she not like Pocky?

That's the first time I've posted either of those in awhile and the opportunity was golden.

Learn to use linebreaks. I still know it's you.

>Flashbacks to Ga Rei Zero

>rages at the Bayest because they know how to tell a joke and they don't
>pic related

Nathan proves once again that teenage girls aren't the only ones with daddy issues. haha :)

Too bad the stubs and replies still show up. Wish there was a way to completely block out the posts from being displayed.
Oh well, this isn't Reddit so complete removal isn't in spirit of the site. Veeky Forums's always been a free-for-all and people doing retarded shit to get attention. Although I must say as far as that goes, theirs is one of the least amusing attempts.

Trolling use to be a art. Now it's boiled down into opening a folder and hitting 'select' and then patting yourself on the back. Booooring.

Max is hella cute and you should all go see her gallery exhibits!

kek

Just when I thought you'd run out of ways to embarrass yourself, you demonstrate an complete inability to understand context. Congratulations, after ten years you are the stupidest person I've ever seen on this website. Your reward is a dunce hat shaped like a feminine penis, it even straps onto your helmet for maximum safety.

I can't believe So Hardcore has actually updated since January and is going to be finished by the end of this week.
It's probably my first LiS and Pricefield fic and even if it's really dark and definitely not for everyone, I've been waiting for that be finished since like the time Episode 3 was released when I found the game.
Kind of crazy and reminds me of the wait for the final episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=tA4vA0e5cVE

Undeniable dorks! Uncontested! Undisputed! The Dorks-in-Chief! The Dorks of Wellington!

>The Dorks of Wellington
Hehehe that's a good one. They are are dorks.

Baes at the beach.

Simple, but cute.
The Summer art and stories should start appearing soon.

Max is unintelligent!

I bet these two have fantastic sex.

>tfw i'll never be in a great lesbian relationship because i'm a straight male

feelsbadman

Saul, commit suicide. Your lukewarm complaints are so bitchy, and haughty, that I developed an estrogen excess, and have gained twenty pounds.

Bayest is my bae, but your defence of him is so thought-terminating.

I want to kill myself, when I think of it. I seriously wanted to transition, for a while.

Do y-you want to come to bible study w-with me user?

No. No waifu-ing.

god is a ridiculous myth, m'lady

Why do people keep insisting I'm defending Bayest?

I'm calling out stupidity. I could care less about "bullying" or whatever. Your comebacks are creative though.

How many times in LiS Max actually mentioned the possible source of her powers with Chloe?
I can only remember one moment, which is kinda hidden: when Chloe asks you to find 5 bottles if you talk to her after there's this conversation where Max says about her powers "from God? or... the gods? So, bow."

iirc this is also after Chloe said "I've been tripping hard about where you got this rewind power"
Max also says "I'm just altering time and space oh yeah and history. No biggie"
And Chloe replied "you already altered history by saving my ass, smartass, let's see what else you can do". This is basically where Chloe/Max got the idea of the bay choice at the end. Some foreshadowing here

What do Alice and Lisa's children think of their grandma?

Even if I didnt share Max's opinion that Chloe is the only character that matters to me, I dont see how people can genuinely think Bay is the better ending. Literally not a single thing you do in the game matters in Bay, and it is far far less interesting of an ending, allowing for less interesting continuations.

>Beer? Yuck

You can pre-order Vampyr on steam now.

that's gay and not in the good way

>embed

what's gay about it

the fact that it has pre-ordering bonuses

>vampire game
>can use guns
wut

>le choices don't matter meme
>Bay is less interesting
The quality of Baeposting has declined somewhat.

Bay really is less interesting though. If LiS were a cliche movie, that'd 100% be the predictable ending it had

Interest is subjective.

Attraction is subjective, but Warren's cock will always point toward Max, even when it means it will strain between his thighs and stretch to his butthole.

>subjective

They think her politics are hella regressive and she should pay more attention to animal rights and the needs of carrot farmers.

I stopped at the art gallery this time even though nightmare is one of my favorite parts of the final episode. Decent way of ending the game. Just before "oh yeah btw the storm i completely forgot about and that is totalllly links to my power because...of reasons.." shit happens

A-fucking men

Guys why am I still depressed by this game? Theres plenty of evidence to believe most people lived in the bae ending, yet I'm still sad. It makes no sense.

Still my favorite webm

dammit the butterfly was actually a spirit

Ready for the mosh pit shaka brah

Re-watching Donnie Darko when suddenly

"The Living Receiver is often blessed with a Fourth Dimensional Powers.

These include increased strength, telekinesis, mind control, and the ability to conjure fire and water."

Conjuring fire, hmm...

If Rachel has fire bending then she would definitely not be easy to beat or captured

she was taken on the day of black sun

Jefferson had a fire extinguisher obviously

I'm still not at all sure this is showing some sort of "fire bending" power. It looks much more to me as if the guy's power is some sort of telekinesis, and that he's bending that tree over into an existing fire. The barrel suggests to me that the fire was lit conventionally.

>yfw the prequel is gonna show us who chloe used the condoms she has with

Rachel was actually a transsexual wtf

thats why everyone liked her, they'd be called bigots otherwise

Fuck off, she's a woman.

Kinda makes sense actually. Chloe seemed to have an interest with both genders so it would have been perfect.
Nathan discovered the truth and was so disgusted that he killed her

"These include increased strength, telekinesis, mind control, and the ability to conjure fire and water"
They have quite the choice here!

It's not a guy.

Ew.

It looks like a guy. From what I've seen in all the threads since the leaks, everyone has been assuming it's a guy. If it's not a guy, it's either a very masculine-shaped girl, or the concept artist was being maybe a little sloppy?

Either way, girl or guy, the post was about the potential power.

I doubt a guy is the main character, or even possessing powers; powers, or main male characters are the two things I don't want out of this prequel.

They both look like women. The woman bent over has a feminine curve, and wider hips and legs around the waist. It looks like Chloe.

Otherwise, yes, it looks like she's bending the tree over with telekinesis, to the pre-existing fire caused by the barrel

if the prequel doesnt contain powers or at least in some way expand on the obvious supernatural shit going on in Arcadia Bay I really dont see the point of it

To expand the relationship between Chloe, and Rachel, you fucking dunce.

Turning the powers into a gimmick, or a narrative end in themselves is stupid. The rewind powers were a metaphor, of sorts, for the characters.

I want the eeriness of an unknown Arcadia Bay, in its foreshadowing, in its poignant representations of Chloe and Rachel, like the raven on the binoculars that they were using. Interesting, slightly supernatural subtleties are much more powerful, and more in the spirit of the game.

go away mari

Lua makes me cry.

What gave me away?

You being a dumb cunt

t. other

so when is this e3 announcement we're expecting supposedly going to be?

BAE > bay

I did that once as well, it's not a bad spot for an ending.
All it's missing is Chloe popping up behind Max to surprise her.

Real ending:
>No storm
>Jefferson and Nathan are in police custody
>Max is at the gallery
>Enjoying her time there but she wishes someone was with her
>Looking at one of the images in the gallery
>Suddenly feels a pair of arms wrap around her and a chin resting on her shoulder
>"This stuff looks good, but it doesn't compare to yours."
>Chloe is there
>Max is surprised but incredibly happy
>Wells sees Chloe and walks off to linger around the champagne table
>Chloe was working the week at Two Whales and saved up some cash and convinced Joyce for a few days off to go to San Francisco
>Max and Chloe hold hands and look at the photos
>They end up going on their first official date that night in the city
>They return to Arcadia Bay a few days later

I agree

Kinda dumb how she sat on that plane and thought, "I did it!" when only a few seconds later she was like, "CHLOE!"

I live in long Beach where Rachel was born. I wonder why her family moved to Arcadia Bay in the first place. It's pretty ghetto in some parts and has a dirty beach but nothing too bad.

To have their daughter go to Blackwell maybe

I don't get how this storm was so wimpy. It looks massive and then you see what it did and it's barely anything.
They should have let the final choice be made after the storm because then only a complete fool or someone that hated Chloe would choose to kill her.
Aside from some unimpressive cliche, there's absolutely no reason for Max to make a choice on the cliff without first seeing the results.

It's amazing how fucking terrible the ending turned out to be. So many other routes they could have gone and choices they could have made and then went with the single theory nearly everyone came up with and didn't do nearly enough to convince them it was "the only way".

Even tho i really really despise and hate Chloe for bad influencing my waifu i will tell you why bae ending is best option...
>ate is alive if you save her and in bay ending she will have to deal with same shit again
>/ourguy/ nathan is alive and not in jail
>most of buildings are still there which implies that mostly everyone survived
>max doesnt have to live with guilt and has best friend by her side
>joyce doesnt have to experience another family member death
>jefferson got cucked in this ending too
>max is happy
i just dont understand people who pick bay ending i really dont...

Chloe brings out the best in Max and vice versa though

>hate Chloe for bad influencing my waifu
???
Chloe was a great influence on Max.
Nathan can rot for all I care. Mental illness and being manipulated only excuses so much.
Joyce lives.