Pushrod v8 master race thread

you can only post ITT if your car has a 5000cc capacity or higher and has pushrods.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=emk-k_RTo4g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Evveryone on o drives an econobox.

Pushrods are ok, my truck engine hasn't ever done me wrong. May cam it soon, like a 218/226 or something mild like that. Not looking for all out power although it's not lacking, want one mainly for low to mid rpms because that's where the engine is at most of the time. I like the feel of instant, enormous power no matter what gear or rpm the car is at, there is no downshifting to pass.

>5000cc
Ummm... Hm. Well I have a 318 in the truck but I like the 302 in my fox better. It's only 4,942cc though

My car is a i4 but still has pushrods

>tfw electronic LSD, magnetorhelogical shocks, 6 piston brembo brakes in the front/4 piston rears, direct injection, and a heavy duty cooling package with 3 additional heat exchangers
>also a pushrod v8
it's like automotive heaven

doubtful

tfw a 305 is better than a DZ302 302w or 289

the only way a miata with slicks is going to be faster than my camaro is if it has a chevy pushrod engine in it :^)

go penetrate someone elses pricing

Looks very nice and tidy, mines a bit hacked up (had it awhile) but runs well. Take-off superchargers are pretty cheap, had wanted to get one and may still, but baby and life got in the way. Anything done to yours?

bone stock, just over 2k miles

Nice, almost nothing stock anymore. Thought about going to a dyno party tomorrow but don't feel like getting my feelings hurt. Probably doesn't make much over stock, but have tried to replace what needed to be replaced with heavy duty parts.

>Starts a "pushrod v8 master race" thread
>states displacement in cc's

OP KYS
P

K
Y
S

everyone uses liters now

except dodge with that ONE engine

Reporting
LS1 Fbodies are $5k, no excuses

>4.3L
>quad-cam
>32v
i'm posting and there's nothing you can do about it

A 305 is tiny; my smallest V8 is the 6.2 in my Rolls; my Lincoln has a 400, my Imperial has a 440, and my Cadillac has a 472.

Rolls Royce still uses pushrods to this day.

>and a heavy duty cooling package with 3 additional heat exchangers

what does the package come with? Trans and diff coolers?

engine oil, trans, and diff

289 here. fuck the op

Are they fluid to air? That would be badass

this is the best i could find, a diagram of the zl1 cooling system. SS 1le should be nearly the same save the intercooler and all the auxiliary shit because lolLT4heatoutput.

also this. the heavy duty cooling package is optional on non 1les

youtube.com/watch?v=emk-k_RTo4g

Cool. I can't tell exactly what goes where, but it looks like there is a lot of radiator. Some corvettes had a system where they used the trans fluid to cool both the trans and the rear diff by running it through a heat exchanger with engine coolant.

they pump cooled trans fluid from the front of the car to the rear diff which has a built-in liquid to liquid cooler

weird

Holy shit the rust on this Chevelle. Why do people waste time making "epic" setups like these while letting the body rot ?

nice

RUST RUST RUST RUST
RUST RUST RUST RUST
RUST RUST RUST RUST
RUST RUST RUST RUST

Okay. Both have pushrods.