/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>The Make It Rain Campaign Event May 29th-June 12th
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/the_make_it_rain_campaign/

>Stormblood Launch Trailer
youtu.be/qBEvWWdKOBA

>Pre-Order FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ (Early Access Begins June 16th)
stormblood.na.square-enix.com/

>New Features, Jobs, Skills, and Changes Coming in Stormblood
docs.google.com/document/d/14SbRI6EBkgUfQxaQM-qIwN7c__Hvuk4vW6VN11OlKUo/pub

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

greenmangaming.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002233367-FFXIV-Stormblood-Activation-Instructions?mobile_site=true
ffxivcrafting.com/equipment/list?MIN:50:1:1:0
tylian.github.io/rdm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Xth for Adelais needing to take his meds

xth for not enough c@bois avatarfagging

I thought he was against erp?
Why did he have a mateus erp alt

I don't think he actually rps, I think he just goes to these other servers so he can whine and bitch to anybody retarded enough to hear him out. He does it to at least one person per server, and is always in need of new "friends" when the old ones get tired of his shit and stop accepting his copy pasta apologies.

i love catboys

why does it say my early access key is invalid

retard you had to put it in 9 days ago
enjoy being fucked now

I put it in like 2 days ago and it worked fine.

xth for 6 days and a few hours till SB

fug :-DDD

i keep getting an error saying its invalid

what no...
please no...

>*breathes heavily*

greenmangaming.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002233367-FFXIV-Stormblood-Activation-Instructions?mobile_site=true

Where did you get it from? I had a friend who went out to buy his copy that came with a code and he had the same issue. Called up the store and they fixed the problem.
He is wrong, had a friend put his code in last night

So where can you go for ERP now that Balmung is closed to new characters?

How long will it take me to hit 70 do you think? No working or school btw

greenmangaming

the key itself from them worked but the key i got from the stormblood early access site doesn't work

learn to read next time. have fun on the 20th!

we don't even know how fast the 60-70 exp gain is

s o o n

Odin

Is there anywhere on Odin people gather like the Quicksand?

The Nutshack linkshell
Just message anyone in there and go fuck in an appartment

How long will it take me to grind GSP for the full bunny set by just doing the Out on a limb minigame or whatever?

call up support then. also be sure you're putting the code in the right spot.
Gridania Aetheryte

>Tfw no on ever at the aetheryte

Do you have autism? If so, might I suggest the chocobo racing as a good source or steady mgp?

can i put my code in your right spot, user?

>Started playing this game just this week with my friend
>Pick Conjurer
>Friend plays tank and now only refers to me as "Heal Slut"

Should have picked a DPS class.

Thanks! I'll make an alt soon.

>WHM cure 1 is 450 pot
>SMNs physick is 400 pot
>SMN can have atherflow and MP refresh role skill
If their physick scales off int in SB you can have one as a faux shitty healer

If people are hooking up for ERP in the Nutshack, they are not doing it overtly, just gonna say.

this reddit meme of "dps has a heal avaiable so better use it instead of doing my fucking dps job" is terrible

I only want Karna and Yunny tbqh

Does this mean I'm ready for early access? Or do I have more hoops to jump through to activate it?

You know Pysick needs MND right? Go ahead and shit out those heals which are healing for like 10%.

I just did the in-game tutorial for dungeon healing.
It taught me to heal people and avoid damage but it didn't say anything about attacking enemies also like I keep hearing here.
Are you people making stuff up?

That means it's activated, yes.

Is it that hard to enjoy something that someone you don't like does? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I thought about it like that..

maybe you just subtly like me
you're good

WOAH THE HEALER'S CHEAPEST AND WEAKEST HEAL IS ALMOST AS WEAK AS A DPS' ONLY HEAL

SHIEEEEET

>It taught me to heal people and avoid damage but it didn't say anything about attacking enemies also like I keep hearing here.
Yes. It did.
There is a specific dialogue box that basically says, "If there's nothing to heal help out with some damage spells."
Nice shitpost though. Enjoy the (You).

Healers are supposed to heal people, that's their main focus. If you find an opportunity to do dps without letting someone die that's fine but you shouldn't be thinking "I have to heal and also put out damage." Just make sure your team is up.

Fuck off with this mentality.
FFXIV isn't a game where healers can only focus on healing. The only people who think that's okay are lazy fucks.

>FFXIV isn't a game where healers can only focus on healing. The only people who think that's okay are lazy fucks
Devs have confirmed that you should do this now, they even removed clerics stance to stop confuse people that healers should DPS.

As a WHM main I can say you are a lazy, uncaring fuck if you think this.

What are you gonna do when all the team is fully healed and the tank is like 90%? Just standing there, smelling your own farts? Aero is an instant cast, just as an example.

It pretty much said the opposite multiple times.
If people are bleeding you shouldn't be blasting!

There's potential it won't stay the same. Vercure scales off of int for rdm.

So reading the famitsu tool tip it seems holy got nerfed even more as it goes from 10% less to 50% less with no 20-30% inbetween

Can I even buy the damn expansion from their site? Why is this place so damn messy when it comes to this, and why can't you just buy it on the mog station and activate there? What's with these weird hoops you need to jump through just to do that?

Reminder that WHM actually gets better with SB, despite lilies being pretty shitty so far.

I'm actually quite interested in the changes, and I am eager to see how they work out in the expansion. The new help with MP management is surely welcome.

Does it come with free teleport tickets?

Thats because they wanted to push RDM's gimmick as a pseudo support since its been one throughout the series.

Same thing damage dealers do when the enemy dies and their job is done. Nothing useful.

I don't know why I'm replying to a shit, but here we are.

No "dev" has said anything of the sort.
Only YoshiP has said anything remotely similar and he is not the class designer or encounter designer. He's just a face.

We're less than a week away familia. How are your last-minute goals going?

Got MCH to 60 earlier and my last goals are to try and get my first crafter to 60 (hopefully moogles will do it but I don't know) and level my fishing (that one's a long shot)

And the stupid icing on top of the shit cake that is WHM is they buffed the pot of their lower aeros and stones but they auto update and you can't access them when you level but only boosted their basic heal potencys by 50, they kept the hots the same and the higher level DPS skills the same

Believe it or not people aren't bleeding most of the time.
You know this, though, since you're just shitposting and not actually new.

Not play FFXIV to avoid burnout

Will we have a +5month deadtime without any patch once SB is released? Just like HW

You can almost-AFK fish by loading up on some bait and setting some macros to a controller while you watch a movie or something.

>both of my friends resubbed last month and played nonstop neetmode all month
>they burned themselves out and probably won't even play SB now
suffering

>waaaa it only does 100 potency damage to every enemy when i also have aero 3 and assize every 48 seconds

Japan has no idea how to web design.

Would it be more useful to have hunt retainers or DoL retainers for SB? I've been sending all of mine out on quick exploration missions in an attempt to level them up and wondering if I messed up by having three DoL and one hunt.

That's what I've been doing so far, for the most part. I'm just more concerned if there's enough time to still get the experience to hit 60 with that. It hasn't been a particularly fast leveling process and I'm not even at the 30 mark yet.

I just unlocked Scholar, is Eos overkill in dungeons? Should I just use Selene instead?
I went through Tam-tama without casting a single heal.

lala ladies make the best lovers

>At 2400 MP

Grab a ton of survival manuals from your grand company and go to town, mate. They're really useful for the initial painful grind, and don't forget to replace your gear every once in a while with vendor stuff.

holy alone already outdps' new smn in large mobpulls
be glad

I mean, where should I even buy it from to deal with this shit?

is there a vendor who sells hw gathering gear

Yes, but you may have to unlock moogles to get the gear or have a friend who has to get it for you and pay them back. If you're on Balmung, I can buy them for you and trade them to you at-cost.

ffxivcrafting.com/equipment/list?MIN:50:1:1:0

Thanks senpai I didn't even remember those manuals were a thing, that will help loads

So I have Early Access registered on my account and the money came out of my bank account today for Stormblood but I don't have an email with the code for the full game yet? I know you can't redeem them until the 20th but shouldn't I get an email with it anyway? or have they not sent the codes out yet? it's the non steam version by the way

is this for real?

where should i go if i want both content and rp

tylian.github.io/rdm/

try it yourself, it's a really simple job

>longer shroud, assize gives 10% mana back eve sooner and you get no mana cost ability for 12s
buuu huuu do you want them also to make the mana cost 500 mp?

So I get to be the dungeon bitch to gear people up then get dumped in single target boss content for having no utility whatsoever. Ooooooh I'm soooooo happy.

Every job is simple. RDM just seems "simple" to you people because it doesn't have a rotation.
It's a priority based class.

No worries. Don't forget to check out the pastebin which has a few good resources.

meant for this faggot bitch ass nigga

It's true in the way that the same was true about BLM in ARR. The spell rotation is simple but if you think that there won't be any ways to optimize your damage then you don't understand how spellcaster damage dealing works.

The only jobs with a set rotations are MNK and DRG, every other job uses a priority system. RDM is still infinitely easier than any of the HW dps.

Red mage doesn't have a rotation, it has a simple priority system. It is pretty simple and has a fairly low skill floor, but there is the potential for a decent skill ceiling on it. The average player in this game is too vegetable to manage trying to optimise their procs for biggest mana gains, you'll probably also see a lot of people going to either 100/100 or another 80+ equal numbers before doing their melee combo when you shouldn't.

At a glance though you're unlikely to see a difference between a good and a great rdm, but you'll notice the difference between a good and a bad one easily enough.

>all the people in gameplay videos saying rdm is easy
>they all end up hardcasting veraero/verthunder during combat

I assumed they would mainly be dead or be relelant on breeding an op chocobo to win them for GSP and I've never fucked with races before.

considering a turbofaggot like you doesn't even do world progression or speedkills, you can still hold back any casual group that doesn't give a fuck about minmax party comp, which btw is 95% of the people that raid

>The only jobs with a set rotations are MNK and DRG, every other job uses a priority system
This isn't even remotely true.
Every other job has a rotation in FFXIV. Some have a single priority element, like BRD, but no class is completely based around a priority system.

>RDM is still infinitely easier than any of the HW dps
Everything is "easier" in SB. That said, you don't seem to realize how difficult a priority system is to actually play when you also have to properly execute mechanics.
It's much easier to deal with mechanics when your rotation is muscle memory. RDM doesn't have a luxury.

Help me out, /xivg/. I have FFXIV and HW both through Steam and through Square, so two copies. The character I have been using is on the Square service account, but I was gifted Stormblood through Steam. Will I be able to play Stormblood with this character through Steam still? Will I still get early access? Will I get the bonus items on that character?

They're both like that at low levels. At max level you can use either in dungeons if you want, but Eos will give you a little more uptime to DPS. Eos tends to be the go to in harder content because of her cooldowns. That may change in SB, but it seems sorta unlikely and we'll just have to see.

>Every other job has a rotation in FFXIV. Some have a single priority element, like BRD, but no class is completely based around a priority system.
the amount of mental gymnastics behind this post is staggering

you will probably still use eos in endgame dungeons since tanks are shit and will hold back your dps if you keep selene out

Makes sense. Is Selene just for off healing in raids or solo play or something like that then?

You sure proved me wrong. Good job.

Yeah sure because all the pugs wouldn't certainly role lock WHM out of party finder pugs where it's the perfect setup to hardlock 2 jobs on the healer status, never mind groups already jumping the gun telling their WHMs to change or get booted, surely the aether data center home of the no bonus runs at day 2 of an ex primal and monk pld lockout during creator in pf, the easiest fucking raid tier wouldn't do that. Oh no not no they surrreeely wouldn't.