Veeky Forums post your "rally" car

Veeky Forums post your "rally" car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R9Q1IHNvKyw
youtube.com/watch?v=pO63TMCxtFc
drivetribe.com/p/iron-giant-1972-jeep-wagoneer-competition-EbTBduuwROqsuGo-KhqTuQ?iid=dRMRexLZQiefKwyH2f7EhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8e5kbDBHDcw
youtube.com/watch?v=tXXVjd_4_w4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why are there no jeep rally cars? surely with an engine swap it would be competitive, right?

Vroom vroom. Also too top heavy for rally track time trials, only potentially good for rally raids like Defenders are, and Americans either don't care about rally raids or use midsize pickup trucks instead.

Rally cars benefit from small wheelbases, low COG, independent suspension, and passive AWD or FWD. Jeeps don't possess much of this, but its probably their suspension layout that restricts them the most.

Kinda looks good

ah thanks lads. I've never been too much into rally and ive always wondered about that

I seriously want my daily to be a Rally car with A/C and stereo as my creature comforts.

Or the Manta 400

neat

holly shit ive never seen a rally saturn ion redline.

i love this car though, runs great!

>2WD champion in Rally America
neat

Ayy

>rallye america
lmao yeah what else are they supposed to use there
they have nothing else that could be a rallye car

The 2WD champions for years were Dodge Neons. Chevy Cobalts and Sonics also put up a good fight, as did Scion with the xD rally team. And no that's not an emoji. That's the car's model name

>the xD rally team

either you are modifying an econobox for max performance or you're getting a massively expensive Homologation car

OPBP

youtube.com/watch?v=R9Q1IHNvKyw

I never thought that in this world there is somebody this mad enough to make a "rally" version of my car

>TE37
>this song
>this editing
>xD
they really went for the most fuccboi shit possible lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=pO63TMCxtFc

Is that a vitara? I'd fucking love to have one with a wider base, lowered a tad on 15s, and more power. Really fun car regardless.

How effective would a third gen Camaro be as a Rally car base?

i dunno but it looks fulleh sikk

Well they can somewhat successfully rock crawl stock, they can't be all bad.

Tajima being a boss as usual. Competing in WRC with a fwd.

RWD cars are not as competitive as FWD cars in 2WD rally. Keep in mind that until recent new cars, the 2WD rallys in America were dominated by Dodge Neons and Chevy Cavaliers. Rally is about traction, which is where FWD wins over RWD because the engine is right over the drive wheels. It's not uncommon to find a 200 HP FWD car beating a 500+ HP RWD car in rallies.

I only like this because it's funny.

there's gotta be some way to salvage used rally parts and drop AWD, widebody, turbo engine and all other stuff into your daily
it's not gonna be cheap though

>t. hueland rally

For me grande punto is still one of the pretiest hatchback and s2000 version added so much to it.

Or just buy a $50k used rally car...

Good taste.

Wish we could have gotten to see this monster in action

Tfw no Group B M1

good taste lad

FWD? really? I had no idea

Nah, you can go with a kit from one, strip out the interior, get a cage, some seats and a wheel, flock the dash and do some engine work and you're set for your rally inspired econobox to go to work.

>2wd rally king
Why don't people make cool cars anymore

sx2

Well MR and RR are also competitive, it's FR that has no traction and a overly big polar moment of inertia. (FWD cars are FF or MF)

>tfw no martini FD

Jeep speed is like rally right?

But rwd is more fun and if you're doing it to have fun like most people you'll be fine

you will not be able to hear the stereo
better get some silicone moulded in ear monitors

because there are no cool people now

Name 1 (one) better rally car than a Miata.

Literally any wrx, evo, or awd car

Just a gtr

You can't legally run a rally exhaust, so you'll at least a high flow cat and a muffler.

So it will be loud, but not droning loud. the removal of the sound det might be a bit loud though.

Or most fwd cars

Reminder to myself to do some LMP1 rally tomorrow, should be fun

You can have fun in a FWD car doing the same thing. You don't need to drift or skid to have fun. That's for parking lots. Not rally. Grow up autist.

One of the first successful 4WD rally cars was actually a Jeep. Moby Dick I and II, both Wagoneers. Here's an Article on them that's pretty good at explaining it despite just being an amateur thing on Drivetribe.

drivetribe.com/p/iron-giant-1972-jeep-wagoneer-competition-EbTBduuwROqsuGo-KhqTuQ?iid=dRMRexLZQiefKwyH2f7EhQ

googled ''e60 rally car'' this is the only thing that showed up

Fite me

I'm really surprised this exists tbqhwy

im moist now

This FWD car was faster than the AWD WRC cars on tarmac

youtube.com/watch?v=8e5kbDBHDcw

yea, FWD is beast on first. At Rally America events, it's not uncommon to see Dodge Neons showing up Subaru WRXs and STIs.
youtube.com/watch?v=tXXVjd_4_w4

hon

Meme machines

oh shit nigger my dick

also best layout

#blessed

Is that a Baleno?

WRP1

silvia 240rs grp b