That is not a Hyundai. That's a Genesis

That is not a Hyundai. That's a Genesis.

k.

What is that thing on the grill? Why does it look plastic or something?

it's a shitty Audi clone

My guess is it's a space for front plates so you don't have to drill into the bumper. Fuck my front plate state. I hate front plates. Everybody here does and some people drive without them anyway.

it looks so chintzy as fuck.

Sweet Kia.

if it's Genesis why isn't the back at the front?

also why does it have an Aston Martin badge?

That is not a Hyundai. That's a knock off S Class.

It's the sensor for the radar, other brands use it too.

No front plate in a front plate state is a brotherhood. We do what we must.

Yes but other brands usually incorporate it into the badge.

Since VAG holds the patent rights to the design behind the badge, Gooks can't afford licensing fees. They went to a chintzy way to keep the price lower as possible.

Why does Aston Martin have Bentley badge?

>hey went to a chintzy way to keep the price lower as possible.
Which in turn is better because less development costs means more affordability. At the end of the day this G90 is gonna outlast a fucking Beetle.

All of you shitting on the "gooks". You do realize that the cars were designed by a German and an American, right?

Yeah, they depend on outsourcing cuz gooks are not creative.

That is called being clever.

Yes, the interior on the G90 and the G80 was designed by 2 Americans.

I think they look nice.
Objectively they're very safe.
The interior looks alright, could be better, but its far from ugly for a large sedan.
If they actually live up to their longevity goals then a Genesis will be a surefire buy new or used.

nice Bentley 300

I actually would buy them new tho. I mean you get all the shit you need plus rear reclining seats for just under 85k. Also with a V8.

>85k Genesis
wat... I thought it would be like less than $50k cuz it is glorified Hyundai.

Looks like an Audi on the thumbnail

The base model G80 starts at just under $42,000, the highest trim and engine being just under $60,000.
The bigger G90 is pricier starting at $68,000.

Because of this. and see

genesis won't matter until they spend 2.2 billion developing it and hand assembling it in korea.

Thought it was a Aston Martin kek

Why? Is that mandatory for being a luxury brand?

stop insulting the Japanese

tThat's what lexus did except they assembled in japan. Assembling it in alabama with rednecks is not luxurious. Not using bespoke engines is not luxurious.

Chingchongchinaman checking in to confirm.

Reliable than most German Nazi mobiles.

*birrion

ftfy

Too late fuckers, it isn't like Toyota had a "Toyota Lexus" before they made the Lexus brand. It will always be a Hyundai just like Ram will always be a dodge.

B...but RAM is now a separate manufacture, basically Chrysler's truck division.

Most people wouldn't know the difference if you rebadged it

I think only the ES and the RX are assembled in Alabama plus the ES is a really smooth car for the money. My grandad drives a 2016 ES and he loves how smooth the car is.

Both G90 and the G80 uses a pretty bespoke V8. Also who cares about Bespoke when it is a bang-for-the-buck-will-outlast-any-german-car car?

lol

Almost everyone except the autists here still thinks a "Dodge Ram"

The Tau has been bespoke to the Genesis and Equus since they were conceived, the only engine that wasn't was the 3.8, but that was used for the coupe which was just the beginning into what they're doing now so technically you can say they're engines are bespoken

Thank you for adding the points I didn't know much to. It's good to know that the company is going a very good way.

>"gooks aren't creative! they only copy!"
>but the car is designed by a european...
>"yea well gooks aren't creative, they depend on outsourcing!"

>outsourcing
They have their own special Genesis design studio you dumbass with people who are having awesome background.

Fun fact: The handing on the G80 is done by Lotus Engineering.

Genesis is a damn serious brand and you can't just underestimate them.

"That's not a Ford, that's a Lincoln"
kys you'reself

>Fusion with a body kit

Have you seen an S-class?

>buy expensive sedan
>expect luxury and elegance
>get this

Why does Bentley have a Genesis badge?

RX is made in Ontario and Japan. About 85% sold in US made in canada. Almost all hybrid RX is made in Japan, but leafs are making them too now.

I’ll just stick with CPO Lexus thanks

I thirst to see the Genesis Genesis Coupe. I have a '13 3.8, and they almost had everything on point with that car. Far better deal than a 370Z for the same experience.

Lol no, those coupes drove like ass compared to the already super dated 370z

The G80 sport is literally a Nissan q50 red sport.
I'd probably buy one if I had 45k though

Have you driven one? Have you driven a 370z?

I've flogged both around a track and the Genesis coop does not inspire confidence in the slightest compared to the 370z

I also drove a Cayman S with 200k miles the same day and it actually felt a little lot nicer than both cars

>a little lot
>little lot
>little
>lot

WHICH FUCKING ONE IS IT EH?

>Thread entirely ruined by gook shills

Can you guys spend less time on Mongolian yo-yo forums and more time learning how to build original automobiles?

>implying Veeky Forums matters
You shitters are hilarious, now /tv/, /v/, and /pol/ have shills

A lot

This is what I deserve for being a dumb phone poster

>phone poster
neck yourself cunt

>he's so poor that he can't even afford a phone

>he's so childish he can't put the chan down for 5 minutes

The 370z has a better transmission and suspension setup, but much worse steering feel to me. The GC has fantastic steering and feels stable as fuck through canyon runs. They weren't far enough away from each other in performance to justify the premium the 370z has over the GC. Calling it ass is false.

Also, GC actually has interior space and a better interior in the '13+ cars.

I just bought a 2015 Gen coupe r spec
ama

Why?

>I thirst to see the Genesis Genesis Coupe.
The Genesis Coupe is coming out in 2019.

Fucking bomb ass quads.

Yeah. That's what I'm talking about.

Kek do you all think any one from Hyundai/Genesis sees this thread? It'd be awesome to know their thoughts.

Hyundai Sales Person here.

We occasionally come to Veeky Forums to find any existing Huyndai/Genesis related thread and we pass on the links so others in our group can read it too. Some, like this thread are quite funny. Actually I lurk here a lot.

Wew. Hey, is there a Genesis SUV coming?

According to Genesis, 6 models will be int he lineup by 2020. So yes, there is an SUV coming.

So it's basically an Audi that doesn't understeer? What's wrong with that?

Nothing, just spergs going off about
>MUH GOOK KAR
it's silly really

How anyone could manage to be upset about an automaker stepping up and pledging quality and reliability is beyond me. Its just autists shitposting.

I know that I'll probably get shade for this, but Hyundai/KIA are the only ones making interesting shit right now, just about everyone of their commuter cars have a turbo option, kind of like when Honda used to offer VTEC on theirs, their stepping up and going all in on their new luxury brand, and it's paying off
People just can't get the old Hyundai/KIA taste out of their mouths and take the fucking blinders off

The usual complaints are about their previous quality, how derivative they look, Korean car culture and ethic or something like that, and general badgewhoring.

Notice how little of it are real indicators of how good or bad their new stuff will actually be.

Everyone is downsizing and resorting to turbos, it's fucking awful

Meanwhile Mazda is still standing behind properly engineered engines and their cars get the best fuel economy in their class save for hybrids

He looks like a nigger

At least it's something, the downsizing was bound to happen, I'd rather have a buzzy little vacuum cleaner making good power than nothing

>Genesis providing Volvo levels of safety
>Mazda making entry level shitboxes fun and attractive in addition to bringing real innovation in combustion engines
>Ford doing ????
>Chevy puts a supercharger on a V8 that needs 11 intercoolers to stop it from melting
>Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep might as well not exist any more

Its a pretty wild market right now. Super cars and hyper cars are becoming commonplace in the industry, and they're getting faster than ever. The entry level economy cars are getting better, and Koreans are positioning themselves to take on the luxury market. Meanwhile BMW has lost all sight of what motorsports are actually about with the M line, and Mercedes can't decide if they want to make a driver's car, or a car driven by a chauffeur.

What the fuck is Audi even doing?

see

Audi Fag here,

I actually think the genesis are their own car and they are dope as hell.

For a couple extra thousand though I get a few more features with the Audi and the driving experience is WAY better.

>Audi in charge of driving experience
555-come-on-now

>Genesis

I only heard of this brand for the 1st time 1 month ago, and it was here.
Where the fuck is their marketing?

Comfy luxo barges with no fail prone tech gimmicks at a fair price. They want them to feel like new cars when they're 10 years old

Designer form Audi styled them, suspension tuned by Lotus, and the company is being run by the previous head of BMW's M division

I've been seeing primetime tv adds

$60k: way too much for a Kia.
$80k? utter insanity

>Also who cares about Bespoke when it is a bang-for-the-buck-will-outlast-any-german-car car?

If you play the luxury car game, a luxury car is about impressing the neighbors with how much of a monthly payment you can handle. Cheap-ass luxury impresses no one.

Kia for the fail.

Says the busrider who's barely out of puberty, you have no clue what you speak of

>Hyundai/KIA are the only ones making interesting shit right now

The stop being a Kia-fanboi and look around...If you can't find anything interesting to drive for $60k-80k you're a retard. Start at the top of the alphabet: ATS-V and a showroom full of Audi's...

and your argument is where? yopur supporting facts are where?

That's extravagance, not luxury.
Luxury is about having comfort and quality that's notably better than the norm. An MKZ is a Focus at the end of the day, but it's at least a fancied up Focus which technically makes it a luxury model.
By your definition of luxury, the entire sport-luxury compact segment is out since they're still within the "reasonably attainable" price range compared to the big boy stuff.

> lives in the 'burbs
This guy seems spot on to me. 3 groups of people in the upscale neighborhoods: high end pickups, minivan & SUV and the Audi/Bimmer thing. Hyundai is what you get your kids for their first car, because you know they are going to wreck it. The adults are having nothing to do with Hyundai/Kia/Genesis.

>Luxury is about having comfort and quality that's notably better than the norm.
so, hyundai basically wants a buick division? That is not a strong argument.

Seems like they're going more for the Lexus angle, where they use the name to push some higher spec stuff instead of just dressed up regular cars.

If the car market were a utility game, everyone would be driving Fiat Pandas and white vans and pickups. But its not. There is brand stratification with utility players sold by cheap brands and graduating scales of luxury sold by other brands stratified by price. For example, the cheapest BMW is equivalent in price to the most expensive Kia.

Now consider that entire US new car market is built around a 3 year financing cycle. If you have tried to purchase a vehicle lately, the first question the sales-slime will ask is "How much of a payment do you want?" The answer to this question and a few others puts you into a particular make and model. What those who wish to play this game is that they can not only afford a new car every 3 years, but "look what I can swing monthly! (Can you?)" The car companies know this and keep tightening their lease terms or lengthening their loans to keep those payments low and "allow" customers to reach a rung or two on the ladder above where they should be.

As for the gestating Genesis brand, it plain lacks credibility. GM and VW stratified their brands buy acquiring luxury manufacturers Cadillac and Audi. Trying to create a luxury marquee out of thin air is risky. Sometimes it works (Lexus, Infinity) and sometimes it doesn't (Amati, Hummer).

I don't think of Genesis as luxury, but rather an immature attempt to reach above station. I see Genesis drivers the same way.

All over Pearson airport as well

$100k starting is too much for a Beetle