Nailed it.

With 100k of dealer markup

Corvette

Camaro ZL1 1LE

whatever that is thats fucking prfect

what did he mean by this

with the god-leg manual box, obviously

>lipstick paint

yeah, not a good paint job. It'd have to be in British Racing Green but I couldn't immediately find a pic of one

Any mid-price kit car with pretty good engine

>Not wanting your car to be pretty
I know you're sick of that yellow after seeing it every day on the bus, but it actually looks good

Nah, m8. The highlight around the grill makes it look like a clown car. It'd be fantastic if they got rid of that.

That this car can out perform most sub $250k cars and can be had for sub $75k

That daffy duck looking shit does not look good you autist

do Americans really unironically spend that much on fords?

Ferrari 360

You can find them anywhere from 59k to 110k on ebay. Also this was one of the most reliable Ferrari's ever.

Some spend half a million

Hallo.

if you're trying to buy something that you take out on the weekends that looks stunning and has world class performance, the Viper is the only option if you wanna have enough money left over to put a down payment on a really nice house

if you want to actually daily the car, it's a terrible choice

why any whore the types that do tbje

>used Ferrari anything

I heard parts are very expensive for it though

Not exotic enough to be supercars. The Turbo S qualifies based on performance alone but a base Turbo doesn't cut it.

360 a shit. Very ugly and really more of a sports car than a supercar.

This, the Lamborghini Gallardo, or a 2017 Nissan GTR are the only viable options for real budget supercars.

However, if your budget extends up to ~200k then a McLaren 570s or Lamborghini Huracan are much better options (2-3 years old of course, depreciation is a wonderful thing)

I mean this technically starts at 245,000

One of these with a built LS if you wanna go fast and likely die. Or one of the other supercars in this thread if you want to impress people downtown.

Is that really a supercar if it's slower than a Camaro?

>Not exotic enough to be supercars.

How many fucking Astons do YOU see on a regular basis? I live in a city stuffed with high-end cars and even I don't see them all that often.

Supercar status is granted beyond track times. Luxury, beauty, performance, sound, all contributing factors to the experience. It's such a shame that the vast majority of those who discuss supercars have never driven or been driven in the cars they discuss as until then, they will never truly understand what crosses that threshold. Speculation and comparison without experience can only get you so far.

>v12 vantage s not exotic

Mate.

I've literally never seen an Aston Martin in my life. I used to live in a rich neighborhood. Saw plenty of Rolls Royces, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, etc. No Aston Martins. They're too tame in appearance. Unless you know about them, they blend into the crowd. Blending into the crowd is not exotic.

fpbp

I live in a really high end community and I've never seen an Aston either. My neighbor has a 6 stall garage with a lift packed full of cars. Average thing parked in a driveway is a Mercedes. Lots of BMW Ms around. Seeing a Ferrari of some sort isn't even that rare during the summer. Not once have I seen any sort of Aston.

Maybe people just don't feel the same mystique about British cars.

As someone who loves Aston Martins, I actually kind of like that they're not common even among rich people. Just reinforces my opinion that they're the patrician exotic.

They're just not exciting. It's a shame too as they really are great cars.

>speed
Huracan
>driving enjoyment
570S (hydraulic steering)
>exoticism
NSX
>grand touring
Aston or 911 Turbo

I'll take McLaren because muh hydraulic steering

The newest generation of Aston Martin is much better looking than the older ones. I'd say they're on par with F-Type level aesthetics at this point. Beautiful but understated on purpose.

>They're too tame in appearance
you've definitely never seen an Aston in real life
they aren't in your face like a Lambo but they have a hell of a presence. A DB11 went flying past me the other day and you sure as shit noticed it, a wide, low slung black shape in the mirror and what sounded like a Spitfire hurling towards you.
it was honestly more of a presence than when I had a Phantom in my rear view mirror for 5 mins.
Things like Lambos are exotic but they are too gauche to be really classy cars, an Aston is understated enough to look civilised but definitely has a presence

>Not exotic enough to be supercars.
who put you in charge? Anyway lotus

As I said previously, no I have never seen an Aston Martin in person and I think the DB11 is very beautiful and much more exotic than previous generations. That said, you noticed it. But do you really think a normie would take note of a Vantage cruising in their rear view mirror?

>But do you really think a normie would take note of a Vantage cruising in their rear view mirror?
yes, Aston Martin is globally recognised as a top luxury/exotic brand. Even a ten year-old V8 Vantage will get Deano in his 3 Series to go 'oh fuck, an Aston' when he checks his mirror

>Budget supercars
>Lots of Trouble, Usually Serious

I'll just leave this here...

youtube.com/watch?v=LoiFnUKgOT4

Lotus make incredible sports cars, but I wouldn't call even the Evora a supercar. An Exige could probably run rings around most supercars on a track though

Prius

Honestly, an Evora 410 is rare and loud enough that 99% of people perceive it as a supercar.

>ah yes, Doug standing at a random petrol station in Fucksville PA hoping someone talks to him about his car is a good measure of brand recognition
meanwhile, Aston Martin is consistently viewed as one of the top luxury brands in the world in consumer surveys

Suggest for a second that OP didnt't make his parameters stupid for a second and he actually said what are some of the best cars to be had new for under $100k. What's your shortlist, Veeky Forums?

AMG C63
Jag F-Type
Dodge Viper
Challenger Demon
Porsche 911
Beemer M2/3/4
GT-R
Shelby Mustang GT350
Corvette Z06

I would go for a 570GT or an NSX

>Porsche and Aston not exotic enough
>budget super cars
>Nissan qualifies

What is this even

911 GT2 RS

This is based mostly on appearance and percieved rarity. Porsches are everywhere and the Vantage is just a face in the crowd.

mmwah nigguh

>Not exotic enough to be supercars. The Turbo S qualifies based on performance alone but a base Turbo doesn't cut it... or a 2017 Nissan GTR are the only viable options for real budget supercars.
1.21Nigga what?

AE86 with 200k in mods

Honestly I've been inside an FXX when it was at Mosport before the owner managed to crash it during open lapping and it was cool as hell but for 3 million I expected more.

The new Z06 drove smooth as shit though, 458 Special pretty much drove the car for you. Honestly though at this point pure comfort for daily driving comes from shit like your grandma's buick and everything else can come from the gutted, caged GT3 RS you bought off a billionaire that got bored of it for like 40 grand since there's fucking 0 demand for used race cars.

It's brown.

>4bhp

I literally see 911s and Caymans every day that I'm on the highway. They're common cars. The Turbo S qualifies because you can't argue with a sub 3 second 0-60 time. The Nissan GTR (new models, post facelift) is much more outrageous and rarer than a 911.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Duratec_V6_engine#5.9_L_V12

No, it isn't, not by a mile.

The new ones might be light years ahead of a 2009, but the fact remains that they were under $70 grand only 8 years ago, and the 2017 has 0 architecture changes and only minor visual updates to differentiate it from a $70,000 car that you can buy now for under $40,000.

You see a lot more Porsches because Porsches are much more desirable cars, the Porsche is sold at a dealership that specializes in high performance cars, even if they sell tall, fat, really hot hatches as well, they'll still have half a dozen high end sports cars for you to explore, performance driving instructors, and a showroom devoid of smelly poors trying to roll $10,000 worth of negative equity they have, in the rolling roach hotel they parked in pride of place, into their new loan on the 6 year old Altima they keep failing to get bank approval on. The Nissan dealership experience is one of the worst in the industry, no one with money is interested in going there at all.

I flipped a GT-R this summer, and no one was interested in buying it but Vietnamese men. I didn't even get a single white tire kicker.

Pic related + extensive engine/drivetrain/brakes/aero work (and the space/tools to do so) should clock in under 200k burgerbucks, if that's your style

>Veeky Forums doesn't know about the Caterham

Is this seriously 150k? It's slightly more advanced than a rock.

>basically two mayzda engines glued together at the crank
DISGUStING!

Depends which one you buy

Watch this.

Arguably a GTR on nearly all accounts.

Says the perma busrider.

The Gallardo and the GTR both suck balls, btw

Caterham are way overpriced compared to other Lotus replicas.

>Nissan GTR
>Supercar
Lol no

You'll summon him, delete this post

its a briddy good engine
just did not see any use for a while

it gets better
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Modular_engine#4.6_L

>911 turbo for touring
>engine not in the front
Please, reconsider living

I agree, astons are more understated look wise but they are unique enough and you hear them and know thats not some generic car.

>being THIS obsessed

no its not, its sunset orange

Pretty sure it's gold

Maybe in bongistan. In America I have people asking if my gencoupe is an Aston

no it is sunset orange.

>gencoupe
>aston

kill me lads