Bypass

Removing the DPF is illegal around Europe but what about a bypass?
Two butterfly valves (when one's closed the other's open and vice versa) allows the exhaust gas to bypass the filter under normal conditions and when the (((inspection))) comes along a little switch redirects again the exhaust into the DPF. If properly hidden the bypass pipe no authority would be able to detect it.

instead of adding random piping and having inspectors asking questions, why don't you just get some 2 v-bands welded in and remove the DPF when you dont want it and bolt it back in when you go for inspections?

pic related

That would be a superior option if it wasn't that the local cops when stopping you might stick up the muffler a probe to detect how much exhaust the car produces.

turns out i cant read.

defeating an emission control device is the essentially the same as removing one. I've heard of guys punching cats hollow and running them on the street. Apples and oranges, but not that dissimilar.

why?

Your cops have nothing better to do than sodomize your cars because you might have farted? That's the most pressing problem Europe faces today?

At least petrol guys can buy a high-flow sports cat? Dunno if that's an option for a diesel

What fucking communist fascist state do you live in?

what?
this is a thing in europe?

Are you really surprised?

>remove dpf
>open dpf
>get the insides out
>clean insides
>re-weld dpf
>delete dpf electronically

You're the user from Italy, aren't you?
A bypass tube would be even more noticeable than a virtually invisible weld in the inner part of the dpf.
But any option would be moot since from what I gather, the cops connect the car to a computer, right?

>high-sports cat
kek, you don't even need a cat in a diesel to pass the MOT since it doesn't affect the opacity of the gases.

not in germany at least
cant speak for the rest of europe

It's been a thing in Canada forever. They stopped years ago only because the police departments were being sued due to damaged emissions/baffling equipment. I don't know what's stopping them from using external measuring devices for stuff like that though but ricers know that fighting their tickets is worthless because they're always 100% justified so they don't even bother.

Here's an option:
Buy a car that isn't a fucking shit diesel you retard

That sounds like a Ontario thing. That's never been a thing in Alberta, Land of the brotrucks and straight pipes.

You spotted me. They really like to enforce the DPF here, because even mechanics push to remove them and it's common knowledge to get-rid-of-it.

20 years ago there was a push in Europe for diesel cars, they were seen as the future. Because muh soot (fun fact the DPF turns PM10 which is blocked by the nose into PM2.5 which instead can travel to lungs and absorbed by the blood) now they're trying to kill it. I bought my car when the mindset was another, in the future I'll be forced to go gasoline.

Italia

>in the future I'll be forced to go gasoline
in the future you'll be forced to go self-driving electric

Just get a solenoid activated exhaust cutout.

That's simpler than two butterfly valves, interesting one

They're legal for things like fire trucks in the US. It's pretty rad because you know there's a fire somewhere and it's not just a fire drill when you hear them open up the exhaust.

That won't work either way because you'd have to delete it electronically so the engine doesn't inject more diesel than it should when it thinks it needs to regen.
Plus when the inspection comes, the technicians will eye everything.

The ways to do it are:
>either you get the dpf off and install a dummy pre-made tube or have someone fashion you a dummy dpf
>or you get your dpf open and re-weld it again
Both will require you to delete it in the ECU.

This.
Wouldn't work anyway. Your ECU would throw a hissy fit and engage limp mode reading a DPF fault.

>cut exhaust right before the cat
>(re)move the entire rest of it an inch down, so there's a physical gap, or nothing at all
>time comes for smog, weld it back on, or give your friend an extra fifty bucks
>no one is the wiser

>It's been a thing in Canada forever
I have not once heard of there being laws on auto emissions except for what you can import.

but once it's in the country, it's fair game.

Quebec here btw