Cars SO SHIT that

their CEO's went on the record on how fucking shit they were

“The 200 failed because somebody thought that the rear-seat entry point inside the 200 — which is our fault, by the way — is not up to snuff,” Marchionne said.

The problem: The slope of the roof crimps the entry portal.

Then the boss explained what went wrong. “The Hyundai which we copied [presumably the Sonata] has the same problem,” Marchionne admitted. “We didn’t copy the car, we copied the entry point to the rear seat. Dummies. I acknowledge it. Some people from design left some of their private parts on the table after we came up with that determination. But I think we’re learning from this process.”

t. Sergio Marchionne

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G_Kc9rdYxQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey, that's an Italian way. Get used to it.

>The Hyundai which we copied
>Italians are now copying the Koreans
What a time to be alive.

What the fuck is with Fiat and fucked up door entryways?

200 was designed before Sergio's ownership. He is saying "we" as a formality.

Americans are copying the Koreans, then. It's still the oposite of what you'd expect to happen.

Best van.

Sergio is your typical back stabbing Italian that wants to kill Chrysler and make Fiat the 3 American brand in the US.

>copying a hyundai

So an Italian with delusions of grandeur, otherwise known as a typical italian

Yes. And he's getting pissed off because he slashed the 200 and Dart but yet people would still prefer to buy a Chrysler or Dodge rather than a Fiat 500

The Hyundai Sonata (the successful one) was designed by an American black.

What does this timeline mean?

No one said Italians aren't retarded

>fiat cant compete with 2 of the shittiest american cars ever made
>Ferrari didn't even have a street legal car faster than the viper

>Designed by an nigger, manufactored by worst korea, copied by pasta niggers to be sold thourgh a burger company.
It means it was an affront to god.

Worse van. The headrests are so uncomfortable. Any period of driving more than 1-2 hours and your neck can't relax due to the autistic angle of the headrests.

Don't be so fat.

Or tall
Or a man
Or any other living creature besides a snake

Hopefully Hyundai buys FCA.
>Keep Jeep
>Chrysler, or kill it and replace it with Genesis
>Ram
>Dodge

Fuck everything else.

I've never had a problem with forward tilted head restraints, but I also don't rest my head on them.

I can respect a ceo willing to admit his company's failings. If they ever start making good cars I may be more inclined to buy them by this.

Here's the problem. He just wants out from under Chryslers carcass after Mercedes picked it clean like a buzzard.

Can't find a source but I've always heard that when they were announcing the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique, they misspoke and said "Mercury Mistake".

Designed for the poor, by the poor.

Hmm? But the last 200 was designed from platform shared with Dodge Dart and Alfa Romeo.

So bullshit.

>hopefully these mid-reliability car building gooks buy FCA

no

fucking

thanks

Let Toyota at them instead. Toyota over Jeep? My god

Toyota would be smart enough to not touch the flaming turd that is FCA.
Just because they used some Hyundai parts because their CVT sucked ass wouldn't make it a good fit.
>Hyundai trying to improve reliability
>Here comes an automaker with shit-tier reliability trifecta

As a driver it's a non issue. As a passenger it's usually not a issue but in the Pacifica the angle is more extreme than other cars. Meaning over time eventually want to relax but you can't rest your head comfortably except on the pillar or by locking the seatbelt. Basically you have a crick in your neck the whole trip and can't sleep well.

>Literally FUBU.

I hope Hyundai buys Chrysler and makes a variant of the Wrangler that's fully electric. It's my dream car.

Yeah you can’t make this shit up. Everyone knew Chrysler made nothing but garbage for the past 45 years, and then they pull this Cohen brothers comedy of a business move and you end up with this ridiculous story that people 500years from now will be laughing about.

is your pic Marchionne's mansion in Oakland county?

I hope Chrysler dies finally

Ford is the only domestic brand that makes anything worth driving and didn’t refuse to innovate beyond halfassed attempts that get cancelled because of inept marketing or a fatal flaw in their engineering to save $0.02per unit by using a plastic part instead of metal.

Yes, I live about 10 minutes from there, give or take.

Here's Luca Montezemolo (former Ferrari/Fiat CEO) shitting on the 348
youtube.com/watch?v=G_Kc9rdYxQA
The story I heard is when he became CEO they gave him a 348, after driving it home the next day he drove it onto the factory floor to block the line and said stop making this piece of shit. Probably an exaggeration, but surely partially truthful.

>Toyota would be smart enough to not touch the flaming turd that is FCA.
Bingo. Toyota's entire reputation is based on reliability. A Fiat won't make it off of the dealer lot without breaking down.
If they bought FCA, it would mean the most reliable car manufacturer assuming control over the least reliable.

In a perfect world, it would mean we got Fiat style with Toyota reliability but we know that won't happen.

The 200 was discontinued because compact cars have low profit margins and because we are not good at making compact cars.

The 200 was a midsize car you moron
The Dart was the compact car

>reputation
>Sonata being shit
>Reach 500,000km easily on basic maintenance
> 450,000km Sonata still reaches 140Mph easily...

Sure user, they are pure shit..... Sure thing...

I personally don't like them. The Gas US version has one the highest failure rate.

But man, the LPG Version used on South Korea for Taxis are tanks. We had them imported too and they are close to 65mpg when you compare Gas prices vs LPG. So yeah, LPG Sonatas ain't that bad

The 200/dart is the same car.

The Sonata uses a Korean copy Chrysler engine anyway.

No they're not. They're on the same platform, but the 200 is about 9 inches longer with 2 inches longer wheelbase and 2 inches wider. It's a midsize car competing with Camrys and Accords, while the Dart is a compact car competing with Corollas and Civics. You can get both with a 2.4, but the Dart is not available with the 3.6 and the 200 is not available with any of the smaller displacement 4s.

That's like saying the Subaru Tribeca is the same car as an Outback just because they're on the same platform and you can get both with an H6.

GM and Chrysler do a great job of killing themselves.
US auto industry is so garbage it needs a government bailout ever 3 years.

lakefront? what was purpose of this pic/shoot?

The Chevy Volt is the most innovative car between GM, Ford, and Chrysler, imo.

Also, Chrysler makes a 33 mile electric range plug-in hybrid minivan, making it the only car of its size with an electric powertrain among the big three. I consider it the third most innovative car (with the Bolt being second).

I got picked up by a uber driver with a nice 200, but FFS the roof on the back seat is just plain wrong and I'm 5.7 tall and I couldn't fit properly.