Self Serve Carwash

Thoughts on these?

Decent enough for a quick rinse, and nice to have during the winters as I don't often feel like bringing out all the shit just to wash the underside free of salt

Still; recycled water that has deposits, brushes are completely untrustworthy, degreaser/pre-wash is usually too weak, and more often than not the pressure washer doesn't have a whole lot of pressure

For some reason, I imagined you saying that with Hank hills voice

>I don't have a driveway
>the store
I guess though if people use them so much they must have value

Well, people do say I have a very american accent for a scandinavian

They're pretty good, I live in an apartment with no real place to wash my car myself so I use one of these and it keeps my car shiny clean. I always run my hand through the brush several times in order to get any debris out, not sure if that accomplishes anything but it's enough to keep my mind at peace.

just drive into one of these automated car wash machines
unless you got autism, in which case you need to wash the whole car with a sponge attached to your dick

No car washing autist would be caught dead using a sponge on their paint.

>Sponge
>Not microfiber cloth
It's like you want scratches in your paint

I use them but the 'spot-free rinse' is total bullshit. You have to bring your own towels to look even remotely nice. I don't use anything else there people with muddy trucks will wash the underside of their car with those brushes.

Also mine isn't enclosed so if you dont get the water off fast dirt will stick to it and cause your car to be even less clean

You could just use a microfiber rag instead of the brush

>just drive into one of these automated car wash machines
if you have a shitbox with scratched to hell paint this is fine.

i don't recall anyone on Veeky Forums not driving a scratched to hell shitbox

>bring two buckets
>one with clean water
>one for soap
>bring your own soap and rags/towels
Still pricey, usually comes out to about 5 bucks or since you can do a full body rinse and then have to fill the buckets at least twice.

>bring two buckets
>one with clean water
>one for soap
>bring your own soap and rags/towels
what the fuck is the point of going then? use your hose lmao

good for the odd object. RV, boat, trailer, etc.

I put my cars through an automated wash.

I just take my car to the dealership I used to work for on Sundays and wash it myself.

Used one once, complete waste of money for anyone that actually has access to a hose.
Just imagine how many dirty rims those brushes have washed. Ew. So many swirls.

I have used a self service car wash in the past when my jeep was covered in mud. Just blasted it all right onto the floor.
And I've used it to clean out the bed of my truck. once when there was a bunch of sand/dirt back there.
I don't really see the appeal unless you live in an apartment, then yeah its pretty convenient.

Why doesn't it have doors?

I pay literally $4 to run my car thru a carwash and there's a nog at the end that towel dries it. If I have a spare $1 I'll give it to him because it's good to see one working hard vs sitting on his ass

So you can't have a fat wank on your dirty car.

But it'll freeze in the winter :/

Do you even have these self-serving washes in your area/state/country?

Yeah but the brush has soapy foam coming out of it

The one I go to has seperate brushes for rims/tires and for the body

Same difference, but it's to be expected that half of the users don't care for which.

I mean, it has a switch that rotates clockwise for each setting beginning with tire/rim cleaner with the rim cleaner brush as the first setting. They'd have to purposefully ignore that and rotate through half of the settings to use the body brush on their rims. So basically you'd have to be too retarded to even drive there or a special kind of sociopath to accomplish this.

ONE OF US
>ONE OF US

Also. 999

Hello scandibro. I see a giant burger pickup truck in your future. And guns

Of course, but they HAVE DOORS

>fuel pump keeps ticking off despite car not being full
>spilled some fuel on the paint manually pumping gas
>decided to stop by self serve wash on the way home so I can spray it off
>needs $2, have 2 singles
>convert sheckels to coins
>machine gives me $1.75 and a canadian quarter
>self serve wash will not take the canadian quarter
>no quarters under any of my seats, in the hatch, in my laptop bag or tool box
>no one left any quarters in the other bays
to be honest I am extremely fucking salty right now

They are quite expensive where I am and it requires two passes due to the long delay from soaping down the car. So, I put in $3.50 for the first pass where I get soap spray and the foaming brush to put a lot of foam on the car. Then the time runs out. I slowly spread the foam and wipe the car. I have to carry water in because there is no faucet there since they want to sell everything. After I wipe enough and possibly scratch because I don't have enough water, I then put in another $3.50 to start the spray again. The minimum fee is $3.50 each time. so that ends up $7.00 for an annoying time in a cramped stall.

Another problem is that the overhead hose that rotates around can touch the car. If it does touch, expect it to scratch the paint because it is dirty and gritty.

For awhile, I moved to an apartment complex that is old enough to not have signed the newer property development requirements with the county and city for pollution. So there is a place for people to wash cars. There's a drain and water hose. As long as there is no abuse, it stays. Once in awhile, some selfish retard that leaves a mess or wastes water. That causes it to be suspended for one month each time.

I now live in a HOA that says no car wash water to go into the street drains. If the water is blocked to flow into the lawn or plant bed that is fine. It must be no phosphates. I have a curving driveway so the water spray always flows into the lawn and never the street. Here is the most important thing: the HOA inspected my car wash soap (Meguiars Gold Class) and the label states it is biodegradable per

>use your hose
Apartment people don't have hoses

I use these on weeks that I don't feel like doing a full wash. NEVER FUCKING TOUCH YOUR CAR WITH THE BRUSH. Do everything touch-less and you'll be golden. Bring big microfiber towels to dry off immediately.

If you bring buckets, you're a time-wasting nigger.

These places are of no use for ACTUAL cleaning though.

>no car wash water to go into the street drains
>inspected my car wash soap

And you guys say we Europoors live under a communist regime. At least we can wash our cars at home.

Ive seen people using the brush on almost completely dry cars, hearing the sandpaper noises of dirt rubbing, then other people using the same brush on their spanking new car.
I admit, Ive used the brush once or twice, but now I see my windshield is swirled to hell, the paint as probably just as scratched. Never again, bought myself the tools and just do Basically go there when it is empty and only use the pressure washer to rinse.

If you don't have a pressure washer or any real access to a hose they're solid. I don't use any of the brushes, just the soap and rinse. Everything else is a waste of time. You should do an initial spray with soap then follow up with a two bucket wash.

please. the shit he talked about was the same exact shit they do in germany