/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #60

We can count now edition.

Last Thread: Latest News
>The final stretch for the World Championship qualifiers are on. You can still get rewards so long as you get KoG before the 11th/12th
>The location of the WC has been changed from London to Japan due to safety concerns
>Yugi Muto will appear randomly in the duel world until the 11th/12th. Get Alpha, Gamma, and Beta through missions by dueling him
>A "Duel-A-Thon" event will take place after the qualifiers, followed by a new Legendary Duelist. Stay tuned for more info
>Yami Bakura will be back at the end of June with a gate based event
>Rumors suggest the first update to the limit/ban list will come after the qualifiers
>Other rumors indicate a new box will be releasing soon and could be vampire/zombie themed

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc.
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/
yugidecks.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for new players
>What is this game? It's Yu-Gi-Oh! in mobile format created & suited for quick play. Great if you played the TCG previously and feel nostalgic about it, and not too difficult to learn if you're completely new
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>Ultimate Rising, Valkyrie's Rage, and Neo Impact have the most staples, so gems are best spent on those packs unless you have a specific deck in mind
>Some people recommend not leveling your stage past 35, but if you're not having trouble with the standard duelists advancing stages nets you some gems and jewels
>Level up Mai and Keith quickly to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph for free
>Believe in yourself and your deck like I believe in you, user

Post cardfu you want in the game

How do I check my DP/ranking?

>Blazing Inpachi
>Luster Dragon
>Alexandrite Dragon

We all agree that there is zero chance that 3 stages of power creep will be in the same pack, right?

God I hope not.

It should say on the upper right corner of the WC Qualifiers tab in the PVP menu. Otherwise you can click the "ranking" tab next to the PVP Duel button.

When?

Yeah I'm doubtful of it. That's way too much, I actually liked when Bakura's earlier pack was really mild stuff like Gross Ghost as a SR, too much powercreep takes the fun away.

Also, re-linking my last post in case any Mako pilots had success/can offer tips to break KOG.

Go to ranked screen where you can duel and see your ten previous games. There's a "Ranking" button on the right of "Duel"

At what stage is the power creep in the real card game currently?

Reminder that Egypt is hot, so it's likely Ishizu is nopan

Most games end in one turn

Post yfw Konami had to move the tournament out of London because of pic related

>de-spell HHG on the first turn against a mai on Gold
>"Oh hey cool, this should make it easier"
>Loses to mirror wall and bean anyway

Heart of the cards, please help me

>playing through Tag Force 1 for nostalgia's sake
>get to the day where you can try tag dueling for the first time
>my partner's A.I. makes Duel Links Auto Duel look like I.B.M.'s Watson
How has anyone beaten this game?

OP what episode is that?

truly worthy of the name bongistan

mokuba probably uses them, doesn't mean he drops them

I'd welcome that. Explains them and poses a good challenge.

It's in the game dummy

>Mokuba

Who isn't going to be a duelist so I don't know what you are getting at

Episode 90 of GX. It's a filler one with a couple of side characters from the first season.

episode 90 of GX

Is there anything more satisfying than a victory viper deck? I can't play anything else after trying this

getting your viper to 65k attack just for the keks??

post solomon muto assets found in-game

i'll wait

Well, I give up. The best I can do is get to around 20000 DP but I won't make it to ranks 1-10.

with two 60k tokens
making a 1200 attack ship into napalm dropping nuke dispensing field clearing dragon annhilator just tickles me every time

when

>65k ATK

Are legendary duelist's drops completely random? I just got a barrel dragon after fighting Keith for a mission.

I really need to start farming Kaiba

Why do people play duel links? Wasting all the time or/and money just to get the cards you have straightaway in dueling network.

FINALLY
THREE EVENTS
IT TOOK THREE EVENTS WITH THIS MANLET FUCKER

because modern yugioh hasn't been fun since probably mid zexal era right before xyz got really degenerate

Lmaoooo

1/2

Different meta, different card pool, more nostalgia. I really dislike the modern game. Konami was smart to capitalize on suckers like me.

Fresher environment so power creep difference is enormous and Skills that add a new spin to the game that actually make it pretty fun, e.g. autoset field spells, abilities in line with or reminiscent of the various characters you pilot, etc.

2/2
Oooooo

You would not believe how many people this works on

I'm glad I learned my lesson way back in silver.

post-DM yugioh is cancer

Lmao won a game vs a DT retard like this. I assumed he knew its banish effect but not the piercing one.

settle down gen wunner gx and 5d's were fine

Everyone with good taste knows both Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh were best at gen 2.

I wouldn't say GX was better than DM, but it was definitely a solid 8.5/10. You're right Pokemon GSC being better than RBY though

>Pokemon was best at gen 2
Fuck off johtofag

>Luster Dragon
>Ancient Rules
>Negate Attack
>Alexandrite Dragon

Yeah, I say we might be getting a Super Charged Kaiba Deck to go up against like we did with Joey.

If this leak happens to be true of course.

upon recently going through it again GX is actually really fucking weak. it never seems to know what it wants to do with any of its characters and as a result basically everyone but jaden and zane are up shit creek. huge cast bloat and more half-baked deck concepts than probably any other series. the narrative potential of the supreme king was basically completely wasted, as was the merger with yubel.

it's 5/10 at best.

This man knows

Post Paradox Brothers assets found in game prior to their event

I'll wait

Someone post the thread of that big datamine, you know the one.

Good idea, it will show Solomon in the list

yeah, the thread is referring to had Paradox Brothers Duel Links assets posted at the time, more or less identical to the ones we have of Mokuba now.

Problem is this works almost every time in gold

I disagree. Watching GX has been much more enjoyable overall because the pacing isn't awful and filler doesn't come out of nowhere and stay for 20 episodes. Plus your point about characters doesn't really stand when you look at those beyond Yugi, Kaiba, and Joey. Like compare Tristan and Tea to Chumley and Alexis. Tristan seems to exist only to get possessed and hit on Serenity while Chumley at least has his character arc in season 1 then hecks off. I love DM and believe that DM's best moments are way better than GX's, but GX has been more consistently good in my opinion.

Is chaos command magician still in the card trader rotation? I haven't seen him for weeks. fuck

Yeah he's there for me right now actually.

filler arcs (virtual world, orichalcos, shitty stromberg tournament) are better than basically every other duel in the series being shitty filler, i'd say.

Not when a filler duel in DM takes 2-3 episodes but only 1 in GX. DM was boring far too often.

i dont get it
how?

because watching the spirit of jinzo rehash the arkana and espa roba duel is just the opposite of boring

let's not forget the utter desperation that was resorting to shoving the paradox brothers into gx only ten episodes in.

or worse, even, camula having 3 fucking duels in a row that are all the goddamn same thing every time

soon

From my hand...

I just hit plat 1 and got that free super rare but can't figure out where to cash it in, am I retarded or is it at the end of the event?

it right where the icon of event appears when there is a en event it will say get sr card or something like that

It's in the event box on the top right. If you still can't find it you're legit retarded.

I'll give you Camula but DM Paradox And Arkana duals were 3 episodes each with an additional 2 for Espa Roba while GX paradox was 2 and spirit of Jinzo was 1. Most of the duels in all Yu-Gi-Oh series are rehashes but at least GX has the decency to not draw any single one out for too long.

I didn't notice that it cycled through, thanks gents

it doesn't matter that gx's filler duels are not drawn out if almost every single duel in the series is filler

ThisDoes watching Crowler and Bonaparte lose to Pegasus really advance the plot? Or taking an episode to see Hasslebarry and Crocodile Dundee fight each other? Not even getting into that one two-parter about the ship captain trying to convince Jaden to start a duel school under the sea.

It's fucking Yu-Gi-Oh. If you're watching for serious plot development no wonder you're sorely disappointed. And you can take the same perspective with DM. Why does Rebecca Hawkins exist? Why should I care about her duel with Chun Li? Or her and Duke's duel with Australian biker man? Even "classic" duels like Panik vs Yugi are forgettable outside of the memes. At the end of the day, it's a kid's show about a card game. The redeeming factor is the silliness of it all and in my opinion GX handles it better.

>PVP
>against joey wheeler
>uses golden apples, windstorm etc to stall
>uses last gamble, draws 5
>burns me to 0LP in one turn

last gamble burn? am i being fucking memed?

soon

as a f2p, i'm really starting to feel the pressure from whales who can lay down 3 mirror walls and the like. don't want to spend non-virtual money for virtual trading cards, but i wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee for some kind of premium membership. some features i could envision for premium:

- can buy orbs from card trader
- can buy retired sets and retired card trader cards
- random spawns for past legendary duelists, although their events will not be recreated nor can they be unlocked (e.g. pegasus, bakura, yugi, super joey, paradox brothers)
- when resetting box, has option to combine current contents with new box.
- card trader can trade glossy version of card for same card + corresponding rarity jewel. Can trade prismatic version of card for same glossy card + 4x corresponding rarity jewel.

>doesn't want to spend money on trading cards
>wants to spend money on trading cards monthly

just buy 1-3 of the "couple packs discounted plus a free SR"

All of these benefits seem worthless. The only thing needed is more gems or cheaper packs

>7 year old loli wrecks me in a duel
>she blushes after she wins
This makes my dick feel tingly. What does this mean?

What deck are you using?

FUCKING FINALL!!!!

>26k regular keyes wasted
>over 40 double, tripple whatever skill drops (only those that I counted)
>all LD cards at least 3 times

its finally over!!!

Burn is so good in this game because it allows you to basically not care about your opponent backrow, you will nearly never attack so mirror wall,windstorm, econ etc.. become way less annoying.

the special damage effect is always applied to your opponent

Soon

This isn't a big deal, right? We already have Dunames, Gearfried, etc, plus this guy has even worse defense. Hell, Dunames is already a Normal monster, so it's not like that's a big deal either.

could be a SR, would be nice

This card always makes me crave a burger or a steak.

>Good Fire 4 star to substitute fucking Ignis in my Fire deck

Sign me the fuck up senpai. Too bad It ain't pyro

This guy looks cool

God is a giant robot?

Gearfried is SR, plus has 1000 more DEF

new dino

soon

>Already in KoG
>Guaranteed rewards
>Rewards only increase if you finish in top 10

What's even the point of playing PvP right now if you aren't whaling out to the max?

Ayyyy

Bean II: Roasted Beans Bogaloo

I do hope it's not a sign that things will keep escalating though. IMO 4 star monsters should average out at 1700 Atk with only a few special ones going up, but 1900 being the absolute cap. Otherwise why tribute?

These events are basically sprints, not marathons. Topping has nothing with being good, it's all about who grinds the fastest, it's actually rather frustrating but at least we get one free UR.

Do you think people will have an agonizing time to this circus /dlg/?

>Plat is still full of meta bullshit that should be in the finals

Why

you see that trash icon somewhat in the right corner??

needs way more protection and less meme traps

Say, is Double Summon a decent pick for the SR? I know you can get it from packs but there are only só many gems to Go around. I'm torn between that and D. Gate

>no gift controllers
into the trash it goes

I got a D. Gate but because it was my 3rd one, anyway you can't get double summon, only event/card trader/LD SRs