/twg/ - Total War General

Naval combat in your dreams edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary:
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old thread

1st for a general of harmony and strategy

Total War: Bronze Age: CHINA

LOVE ETERNAL!

>when will you announce the skaven CA???

what happened to the user in his LotR mod player, did he finally overrun Mordor

You have been granted access to the halls of Ulthuan.

reminder that Konrad was the perferred son
THICC

What the fuck?! post more lewd anime elves

>you can play as Kairos fate weavers armies without chaos dlc
yeh that's what im doing

Either some of those elves are severely burned or there has been some severe miscegenation going on in Ulthuan

>no Marius Leitdorf
>no Konrad von Carstein

Why does CA discriminate against the mentally ill?

the remaining race pack is tomb kangs, what else could they easily add orge kingdoms?

they're not mentally ill they have learning disablities you bigot

Degeneracy

Not much for elf women in Ulthuan to do except sunbathing and engaging in orgies with young humans brought on the Araby slave markets.

Konrad was an insane basterd who couldnt maintain control over his own army. I feel like Vlad and Izzy just regret having kids.

He controlled an unending horde by himself, not his fault the necromancer's left him

You silly clown, you didn't need to turn the defunct embeds into titles for a video that will just embed with the same title.

6/10 for effort expended though

He should have been strong enough to prevent the necromancer from leaving.

I want that butt on my face.

It was because of his cruel leadership that they left him, its absolutely his fault.

>Be a psychotic dickhead with a magic inferiority complex
>Your necromancers, who you intimidated into making you an army, leave and your army crumbles
>Wah wah, Konrad a goodboy who dindu nuffin

And people wonder why vampire "culture" amounts to a bunch of ruined shacks

Sarthorael's walk animation is so funny, how have they not fixed it, or is just because that would be legitimisng a mod which lets you use DLc without paying for it

Waiy. You can use sarthoreal and the chaos warriors roster without dlc?

T. Necromancer's who bullied Konrad and think they have no part in his suicide
ever since the faction unlocked mod came out you can play chaos without the dlc, it just adds extra things

The one thing I hate about SFO is the changes to unit costs. Being negative in income is pure ass as von carstein.

If he had the slightest ounce of magical talent he would not have needed any pet necromancers.

>having a standing army
>having a standing army of the undead
niqqa

>welcome to your tape, mannfred

>disband units to save money
>strength ranking: 30
>all my neighbors declare war
An intriguing play

>not having buffer states
why

I've done a legendary campaign in SFO as the VC and best VC. I found that until you are simply rolling in money using lots of cheap units and raise dead was far better than having one turbo army of grave guard. For example have one army with a necromancer that's just zombies and the skellies. Then have a second army of ten fast units which reinforces this one. Start with things like doggoes and ghouls and knights. You effectively have one army of cheap shit chaff and one half size army of decentish line breakers. You can and will crush everything under weight of bodies. Especially if you're doing Vlad as footroops and Issy + vamps with vhargheists and knights.
It works and it saves money

Additionally this also leads to some highly entertaining games and huge body counts which has resulted in some amazing recruitment pools. Vhargheists appearing in raise dead pools by turn 30.

what reason did they give for the underway being entered so easily, in the fluff it has secret passages everywhere but not even the elves know where to find it

Oh and tech wise, start with going a little into the economy quarter (lahmia?) Up to and including the bonuses to corruption then shift to the top left one and get everything. Especially the cheap zombies one.

>install Third Age Total War 3.0
>install 3.2 patch
>launch game
>still says 3.0

Is this normal?

Balance + the %chance you have to dodge being intercepted could represent magical scrying, dumb luck, scouts following your army, or good old just as planned.

Rock the boat!

>Tfw watching your sons steady growth

They are trying to shove a full army through it, that leaves a wake in the winds of magick, with ripples radiating outwards uniformly, unless disturbed by ripples from other winds of magic disturbers, this causes surface turbulence of magick

Well races other then greenskins and dwarfs aren't using the underway. Just intercepting them near where they are trying to reenter the surface. Which probably isn't that hard since you can't exactly conceal the movement of an entire army.

Nipples of magic.

I'm going to be dominated by a best elf!

Reminder that this is a Fantasy General.

Jutes or Geats my fellow understanders?

Please stop with the shitposting already.

Here's a fantasy for you:
Total Warhammer 2 is going to be a good game!

read the first post
Harmony.

Can't wait for pic related to blow trashhammer out of the water.

>isn't gay
how can it be the best then
jutes because they actually settled england

>replying to bait

Not him but
>gif is of a fantasy general dancing

I responded to bait with bait.
There is nothing to talk about until more E3 news, so the thread will just go on like this anyway

BASED COW COW

I miss the times when these threads used to be exclusively for history autism

>jutes because they actually settled england

how is that a positive point though

The general will go back to its once former glory when the next historical title comes out

right? i feel bad for these anons. im just doing it for the REEEEEEEEEES

Unless it turns out to be an even bigger disaster than Rome 2

Is it true what they say?
Success DOES breed jealousy?

>Tfw you'll never be a victorious Russian Soldier in the Northern War over the Swedish Anime Girl Empire
>Tfw you'll never take a Swedish Anime Girl Trooper captive and giv her Stockholm Syndrome so she's your war bride

neat
ive been doing a horde campaign for the first time and the turns are comfy as fuck, so short compared to "normal" factions

wrong

Take it easy /twg/ and post funny or interesting screenshots

You already know that whatever game will come out will be bashed by most of the community for not having another setting, on top of being nitpicked to hell and back, regardless of its actual merits.

>only qualifies for wife if it has emotional damage
a true slav

right

I didn't even know I had this feel.

Please no. For the good of this community.

It will survive if the release is smooth like Attila and Warhammer

Don Quixote

left

Wonder how powerful the dragon's are going to be. It depends on how much balls CA have I guess. I heard the Star Dragon has a death ray breath attack.

fighting artyfag host in online

What is the biggest battle you've fought in a Total War game?

I think this one is it for me. There might have been a battle in Shogun that was as large but I'm not certain.

Shoot

How do I get Vladdy to confederate with me?

>online
>that many duplicate cav
It's a shame attila MP was so mediocre

>tfw no series about anime girl empires

What the FUCK is Japan doing?

Last Roman Campaign

My spawned Roman stacks versus the spawning Moor stacks. It wasn't very interesting because of the samey units(spearmen everywhere) but it was really big. 4v4

Rome 1 online battles or the attila one above your post that was laggy as shit due to the host

>4 full stacks
>6000 men
Warhammer battles are truly pathetic.

I'm already being dominated by a best vamp!
Play him and make mannlet bow before his rightful father and mother.

It would be shit even if they did do it.

Japan has to pander to the obsessive fan market in order to make any money on anime, which means that everything is the same damn show with a different coat of paint.

See girls und panzer for a good example, which was generic anime bullshit with a thin layer of tanks painted on it.

Are stacks in other TWs significantly larger?

Lot of monster units I guess. Not that far away from my Attila battle. Looks my interesting than my spearmen battle

Making money off manchildren.

Depends on the units involved, like the user conveniently forgot.

SUP GUYS THIS IS TOTAL WAR YOUTUBER AND WELCOME TO MY LAGGY AS FUCK EPIC BATTLE WHERE I CAN'T GET ANYTHING RIGHT.

someone got a warhammer rolling chart?

I got you brah

DAWI! LET'S ROLL!

Lemme see what I roll, thanks dude

Lookslike I get the need to scheme. I've never played greenskins before, let alone skarsnik. Any tips?

i just wanna paint my minis

WARLORD OF EIGHT PEAKS

r o l l

I need the Attila one please

Raid and sack the Empire secessionists early on, they get destroyed reasonably quickly.