Hey guys, im looking to buy a decent looking, underrated late 80s- 90s era japanese car...

Hey guys, im looking to buy a decent looking, underrated late 80s- 90s era japanese car, i preferably want it as a chill little daily, but i would aslo like for it not to cost a whole bunch like the $10k 240sx assholes who "know what they got" and theyre trying to sell a car covered in excessive rust that wont even run. thnx for any advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

rnrautoblog.com/2014/10/04/1994-acura-legend-ls-coupe-and-gs-sedan-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mark III supra. No body wants them.

what about an early 2000 is300?

Can i asky why nobody wants them?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Lexus IS 200?
They're dirt cheap if you buy them used and I've heard they are good. Interested in modding it also.

Toyota Celica

Honestly forgot about them they are really pretty, and youre right about being cheap

If you like the Nissan wedge aesthetic look for a 300ZX, they pop up from time to time for a few grand. They didn't hold their value well.

IS is from the '00s. Too new for OP.

MR2s are considered shit but can be quite fast with a few simple mods

Prelude dude.

If anything go for a first gen, more aesthetic and normies confuse them for RX-7s.

Acura Legend?

Basically just a slightly nicer Accord. Handsomer, too, I think. They came with a manual back when manuals still meant something. They came in coupe and sedan forms so its whatever suits your taste. They decently reliable and they generally avoid the ricer tax.

Can second this one, rides comfy and has decent get-up and go.

Overrated headgasket issue
Its not really an issue, and there's this whole stigma "but it's not an mk4 so it's not as cool" around it.

Aside from that, it is a proper "Supra". It has better smoother lines, faster on the straights, aerodynamics on point.

Can be made just as fast as any mk4 for less.

7M-GTEs can uphold as much as any 1JZ/2JZ

But that's a third gen

i was looking at a 90 prelude earlier i did like it alot

will look into it thankyou!

>If Honda styled a FWD R33.
I'm actually kind of into it, never seen a Legend in my life but it's pretty smooth looking.

Even the engine is longitudinal. It's really something else.

What year is the one in this picture?

It's a second gen which was made from '91 to '94. That particular one is a 530k mile '94 coupe. The picture is from a this gush article which also goes over the sedan version:
rnrautoblog.com/2014/10/04/1994-acura-legend-ls-coupe-and-gs-sedan-review/

SC400
Cressida
M30

Actually they are from the 90s. I remember them from GT2 which was released in '99

SC400 or LS400. I can't say the LS is underrated, but the both of them are nearly identical in terms of design, parts, and performance.

>never seen a Legend in my life

You probably have, you just never noticed it. It's looks are pretty understated. And it being the '90s, subdued colors like beige, black, white, silver, gray-blue were popular.

>live in Aus
>just checked carsales.com
>22 hits in the entire country
>all Legends on there are either old as balls imports, or basically look exactly like civics
Nah, I'm going to assume I've literally never seen one on the road here. Are they made for the USDM?