/wtg/ - War Thunder General

More flying wings when? edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>a discord you can use
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-w44TCVHH8
warthunder.com/en/news/4770-fleet-a-new-stage-in-naval-battle-testing-in-war-thunder-en
youtu.be/ReHVAlEU3UQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RAGE HARDER FAGGOT

youtube.com/watch?v=t-w44TCVHH8

everytime i see him in battle he spams the chat after every death. its never him, its always something broken ingame, something overpowered by his enemy or similair shit

can we just talk about how broken Italian planes are at them moment?

>tfw War Thunder youtubers think their shitty opinions should be law and that the devs should do as they say

I haven't seen any evidence of this.

what's making you say that

Im just having big problems in my p80 and f84 against a better version of my plane and a baby sabre

>abloo bloo bloo

get fucked amerishitter

so it's balanced?

yes. Burgers are just so bad that they cry whenever they cannot win instead of adapting.

>is-6 122 pens right in this spot and kills me
hmmm

))))))))

how is one supposed to win against something that is better in every way by a large margin?

something's really fucky with random penetration as of right now

ive got wirblewinds going through my caern mantlet

Sherman with 7.2in derp rocket gun when?

just flank )))))))

>"Play realistic, it's better for exp and more balanced!"
>Sitting not far from the spawn in a sand nigger map waiting for somebody to get onto the B point I have vision on
>They start capping B
>I can't see anything at all on the point so I drop artillery
>Lands, 0 hits, they finish capping
>Okay sure whatever I just got unlucky I guess
>Nothing on the map spotted at all, okay that's fun why even have a minimap at this point
>Out of nowhere I get sniped from across the map by a T34 who I couldn't see at all, one shotted on his first attempt
>Check scoreboard and the enemy team is a bunch of clanfags with their tank fronts covered in tree branches and shit because they paid real money
>Spawn as anti-air by accident because I hit enter while chatting
>Barely leave spawn and there's a hellcat in front of spawn
>Has no indicator and I thought it was a corpse since all of my allies had indicators
>Turret turns
>unload into it with flak
>Get kill
>Drive to some other spot
>Never see an enemy tank
>Yet again shot from across the entire map and one shotted
>No spawns left

Yeah realistic sure is fun. Can't see shit but still have a minimap, literally just a bunch of hulldown heavy tanks camping and hoping they can see something before they get seen.

>"get good or go back to wot" is the response when I said getting sniped by an invisible T34 from across the map was really fun
Toxic community in realistic, too.

>Getting attacked by fighters
>Only nearby fighter on our team decides to go after an AI bomber 3km away
>It kills him and I get killed by the fighters

It's not like AB is much much better when you get to high tiers. Light tanks are essentially unusable in that mode,

At least in arcade I see tanks besides T34, IS-2 and Tiger 2 H.

Or, you know. At least in arcade mode I SEE TANKS.

>I used to play realistic back when tanks were new and it wasn't THIS bad, but all this new shit like cash shop camo that ACTUALLY works in realistic, and awful maps really ruined it.

Seeing an IS6 in arcade isn't going to be any help, unless you have HESH.

I've yet to see one, but I've seen dozens of the cash shop tiger 2.

The funniest part is the cash shop tiger 2 H is almost identical to the normal tiger 2 H except better because pay2win

You're either playing at 5.7 or are lying, every subhuman is dickriding the IS6 right now.

Naw I'm playing at 6.7, I got the Tiger2 P last time I played, reinstalled and just got the tiger 2H. I see 2-3 of the cash shop tiger 2s in almost every game, I swear. I haven't seen an IS-6 yet.

single engine fucking shits get outta my way
you cant hande by superior aesthetics

5.7 jet for america when?

slav tanks have the exclusive right to pen anything they want with RNG bullshit as per Gaijin's sekrit dokuments)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Because fuck having a fair and realistic tank combat. Slavs are the sorest saddest goddamn losers of the entire world and they'll try to "get back" any way possible regardless of how fucking disgraceful it is to themselfs.

>muh USSR
>couple of decades later make tank game where slavtanks are superior to anything western and give unrealistic performance to slavshit pigsteel
>100mm slavcannons having the reload rate of a 88mm regardless of how nightmarish the crew conditions always were pre autoloaders

still, their greatest punishment will always be stuck living in Russia

If Gaijin introduce the IS-7, how biased you guys think it would be?

>US and UK vs Germany and Italy on Ruhr
>I'm flying the P-47N
>everyone in german planes are typical nazishitters, german name, only using german vehicles
>a flight of three rather well coordinated 190s come after me
>they all chase me into a 90degree vertical dive
>i pull up at some 500+mph and see three 190s crash into the ground below me
>fly back to the main base to help the fighter and bombers there
>flying at 12k feet over the airbase covering the fighter and 3 bombers landing
>one C.205 and one G.55 fly straight at our airfield, both a treetop level
>they kill all four planes on the airfield nose up and shoot me down and then they fly away
>the last guy alive, an F-82 tries it and gets shot down 6km from their airbase
Allied base flak is a sham.

where do I subscribe to your blog?

>410
>good looking
No.

he 162 lowered to 5.7 when?

6.7br with 1.0 steel quality and postwar ammunition already unlocked

wait, 2 planes strafed 4 on the strip and shot down one "covering" those 4 in the air in matter of seconds?

literally how shit are you to get killed over your own airfield by low flying enemy fighters

>inna panther
>shitpathians
>go left of the spawn
>german team goes up the hill and gets shot to pieces while I wrestle with T-34's on the flank
>come back to the base
>die defending it from the Slavic horde

This is seriously retarded. German teams are the stupidest fuckers only just barely smarter than the British teams.

Can you disable showing cosmetics on enemies?

I'm really sick of seeing a bush in the distance only to realize it's an enemy with only the front covered in 500 gold cash shop decorations.

when the Yak-15 and 17 aren't at 6.3 and 6.7 respectively anymore

Pens are really weird lately. Just some time some time ago I shoot a Churchill turret side with a 85mm shell at point blank range and the shell did jackshit.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))no)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

at least a year behind the Churchill AVRE

Uninstall

I shot a ferdinand with 105mm APHE at around 90 meters distance and it bounced.

wirbelwind went through the front of my caernarvon
twice

Why latewar german tanks get so much shit poured on them yet despite this, people in /wtg/ scream at anyone who uses them as if they're completely overpowered biasmobiles that steamroll every single match?

Shit's ridiculous, I have to do fucking suicidecharges in it in hope of catching someone's flank before getting oneshotted once again, because everyone are immune from the front to me but I'm not to them.

As soon as you shoot your gun wiggle your turret wot style, the only weakness of the Tiger 2 from the front is the mantlet.

From what? The ferdinand has decent armor all around.

Most likely exploded on contact with your turret and caused your hull roof to spall, or ricocheted into it.

You can kill an IS-4/Maus using a tier 2 tank with HE because of the way this game decides to make everything insanely lethal unless it's german then it's shit good luck.

its like the mantlet is not even there, just hits part of the spall shield and kills your crew and or engine, at least that's what happened to me

no the hitcam showed an APCR round going through the thickest part of my mantlet

>buttmad naziboo

I had my IS3 one shotted by a panzerwerfer shooting at the gun mantlet.

I hit the Ferdi with a T29. I had 217mm of pen compared to his 200mm front. I ended up just switching to APCR and repeatedly killing his gunner because he parked behind a wall just enough to block his gun and a Jug bombed his transmission out.

>people in /wtg/ scream at anyone who uses them as if they're completely overpowered biasmobiles that steamroll every single match?
Because they are, generally, if they fight in their proper BR. The thing is that germans will get clubbed if they are uptiered, but so does everyone else.
Yeah, pens are really weird, and think post-pen damage have issues too, like at a point I killed a tank gunner only to it turn his turret and oneshot me.

>and think
*and I think
>at a point
*at one point

warthunder.com/en/news/4770-fleet-a-new-stage-in-naval-battle-testing-in-war-thunder-en

for those that haven't seen it

who could have fucking missed it

can't wait to shit on destroyers in the cannon hurricane-tempest.

>inb4 automatic naval AA is as good as base AA

>UK vs URSS

weird ass choice of nations for the first proper ships test but ok

implying 40mm guns would do anything to a dd but a minor damage, if they make the damage model any realistic

you have to pick a torpedo bomber or a dive bomber

>tfw you might actually be able to drop 1000lb bombs on a japanese fleet

also the automatic aa will likely be comparable to bomber's aa except with more barrels and no dead zones, most likely larger range too for higher caliber aa

not that guy but the DDs that are going to be tested have barely any armor, strafing the deck with anything bigger than a .50 should really fuck them up

they are also 100m long with a crew of several hundred

inb4 someone posts that redtails webm

You won't be sinking the thing but a lot of the modules on a destroyer are very vulnerable to strafing fire.

post a screenshot of Tiger II 105mm having more kills than 2

6.7 Germs

dunno who is redtail but dds weren't tested yet, the webm above it's strafing of torpedo boats which might be somewhere effective with 40mm

i doubt you can destroy its engines, guns, cause ammo detonation (probably except torpedo detonation)

>Tiger 2 fights IS1-2 and still typically loses the 1v1 because hit turret win game
>Let's have the tiger 2 with a slightly better cannon but identical stats fight tanks that got drastically better armor AND higher caliber cannons!
>This is balanced!

Depends where you hit on the guns. The Tribal class destroyer has open guns with the back of them completely open to strafing fire. AA guns and torpedoes are vulnerable. The engine, no unless you hit through the smokestack which has happened a few times in WW2.

Although the IS2 can fight the Tiger 2 and win, it is still inferior to the Tiger 2 in all regards.

If you lose to an IS1 in a Tiger 2 you should seriously re-evaluate how you're playing the game. The IS1 can be 1 shotted by a long 88 anywhere from the front.

>Tiger 2 fights IS1-2 and still typically loses the 1v1 because hit turret win game
>There are people this fucking bad at this game

>IS-2 is a full 1.0BR lower than tiger 2 H
>Has enough pen to go straight through the turret face
>Almost a guaranteed one shot kill

>IS-2 has almost half the armor on turret than Tiger 2 H
>Somehow harder to penetrate
>Tank's also half the size of the tiger 2

I one shot almost every tiger 2 I shoot at, almost no matter where I hit it. It's taken me four-five penetrations in a row directly into an IS-2's ammo rack in the back of the turret to finally kill it.

>playing tanks

>want to like the Tortoise
>shots do no effect
>one shotted in return
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ARMORED

You are probably one of the worst players I have ever even heard about. Really, get good.

>almost no matter where I hit it

This is factually wrong, the IS2 cannot penetrate the hull of the Tiger II, or the actual gun mantlet.

>four-five penetrations in a row

During which time the IS2 can only get off 2 shots at most, wow so OP.

>back of the turret

The 5.7 IS-2 is vulnerable to being penetrated by the Tiger II anywhere from the front, why didn't you just do that?

yea this

imagine if slavtanks were modeled to have the pigshit steel quality they had irl and shit reload rates due to nightmaris crew ergonomics their tanks were known for

I never said I played the IS-2 and shot at the Tiger 2. I said that no matter where I shoot the tiger 2 I typically one shot it. This doesn't happen to the IS-2.

>bongs
>casemate tank destroyer designs
pick one

>The 5.7 IS-2 is vulnerable to being penetrated by the Tiger II anywhere from the front, why didn't you just do that?

What is hulldown?

Planes are a total shitfeast right now, with a poorly balance italian planes, sparks and hit))))) out of the ass, and dull maps.
>The 5.7 IS-2 is vulnerable to being penetrated by the Tiger II anywhere from the front, why didn't you just do that?
It is also very cramped, so any penetration basically kills at least half of the crew or one shots it.
>What is hulldown?
Something that a tank with -3° depression gun have trouble doing.

It's impossible to kill a Tiger 2 by shooting it "no matter where", the front hull is immune to russian 122mm until the T-10.

Good thing the Tiger 2 is far more flexibility at getting into a hull down position than the IS2 with its superior gun depression, and fires more than twice as fast.

>Something that a tank with -3° depression gun have trouble doing.
Sit behind wall, you're now hulldown, congratulations you're awful.

>It's impossible to kill a Tiger 2 by shooting it "no matter where", the front hull is immune to russian 122mm until the T-10.
Yes because I said "no matter where I shoot it", and to you that meant "OH YOU SHOOT THE ONE SPOT YOU CAN'T PEN WITH THIS TANK EXCLUSIVELY!". I don't shoot the UFP. Literally anywhere but the UFP is auto-pen for the IS-2 under 1,000 meters.

youtu.be/ReHVAlEU3UQ
how does war blunder even compete?

>every map has walls exactly the height of the IS2's hull everywhere on the map with flat ground surrounding it
Maybe that isn't the case and sitting in the same exact wall the entire match is pointless once your team has moved ahead.

And guess what? the Tiger 2 can pen the turret of the IS2 as well, and has twice the opportunities to do it in the same amount of time.

By being legitimately less jewish, less full of jewish tricks, and less grindy than the last Ace Combat game.

by not being ace combat

When?
literally when?

war thunder mod for il-2 sturmovik when

>paper
never
the day allies get papershit, I will allow it

I feel like you're playing a different game here.

The area you can pen the IS-2's turret is about 1/4 the size of the area that the IS-2 can pen the Tiger 2's turret.

And you're literally retarded if you think the IS-2 is going to shoot once, get hit, then just sit there and wait for his reload without moving. You fire and back up out of range of being shot. How hard is that? Do you just drive around in the open so you think your IS-2 is weaker than a Tiger 2 because of it? Do you know how side scraping works? Because the Tiger 2 can't do it, since you just aim for the turret on the Tiger 2 anyways, but the IS-2 can since the area you can pen the turret is so much smaller.

And you're still ignoring the fact that the IS-2 is an entire BR under the Tiger 2 H and yet if you're not retarded you can beat Tiger 2 H's almost every time. Try beating the IS-3 in something 1 full BR under it. Hell, try beating the IS-2 in a 4.7BR German tank, like the Jagdpanzer 4 which has no turret and can BARELY pen the 5.7BR IS-2 frontally at point blank, let alone at 500-1000m. Hell, the Panzer 4 H is even worse off but at least it has a turret.

Soviets aren't part of the Allies anymore?

what do slavs have that is paper
believe it or not, the IS-6 actually existed

>tanks

evading the question
still waiting for soviet paper

The performance of slav planes is so unrealistic they might as well be paper.

>weakspot is 1/4 of the size

So it evens out because you're forced to pick a corner of the turret and shoot there instead of just aiming at the center where the invincible gun mantlet is.

You're literally retarded if you forgot the Tiger II can just wiggle his turret and make the majority of shots miss, or just rush an IS2 after baiting an ineffective shot.

And as for your last paragraph, a T-34-85 cannot penetrate any part of a Tiger II from the front. Not barely pen, cannot pen at all. How's that for a max uptier?