FAQ: pastebin.com/YLYWL75e
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/vRytNg3E

Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal (Trial) - mega.nz/#!V0RCWBZR!xxcBbospzU-0V3PXMsBrWdc-HASgp7eBD1cQ0R5pwY4

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints

>What is the status of Rance Quest?
Depends on when Mangagamer announce it. The great sales of Rance VI mean that it will happen at some point and probably sooner rather than later. As far as we know it is at least 70% translated.

>Upcoming Games

Rance 5D+VI (Hardcopy) - To be released 7th July 2017
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - To be released 28th July 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
RPG - by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Modern Setting - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html

>Upcoming Events
Veeky Forums League 8 - Starting June 9th
Drawfag Weekend - Sports and/or Summer starting June 16th
Drawfag Weekend - Shizuka Weekend starting July 30th

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/How-does-video-game-content-licensing-work
github.com/Inori/FuckGalEngine/tree/master/AliceSoft(ain)
hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/tools-and-tutorials/393725-alicesoft-ain-decompiler-and-compiler
mega.nz/#!kHJTRDYT!YZUTJdr4xj4SMhooy_PARX4rCaWucPLrx2VokHcPouI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Ok, ONE THING - VASSAL HARA AND CAPTURE ISOROKU ASAP
>Try doing otherwise and you'll soon learn.
I have done 5-star runs before and I don't know what you're talking about

no because none of the alicesoft games I care about reading have translations announced or ongoing unfortunately

How much would people contribute for a translation patreon?

There are some H games which have something like 10k/mo in funding. It surprises me because I've never paid for anything besides VI

If it was a game I really, really wanted? Maybe 400-500 a month at max

>vassal Hara
Figured that out already, can't beat them even with a lucky Suzume assassination. Technically I can stall, but there are no units I can get from Hara that are usable aside from the 8-search ninja and a diviner with 4 in all stats. Coincidentally, after starting just now, I've managed to get the former.
>capture Isoroku asap
That's doable. Hell, Whirlwind Shot is gonna be pretty fucking useful with those troop sizes.
>You're going to be facing 8000 stack units. Tosh is going to wreck your shit. He is strong.
lel protection paper and diviners
>Tokugawa first for the units
You mean Senhime? Her all-guard and deploy-every-3-turns thing pretty much requires me to put very much work into her, but then again there's not much in terms of good foot troopers here.
>Get as many cavalry as you can.
>while rushing down Takeda
It's going to be literally RNG on whether I capture useful cavalry or not. Guess Niwa's gonna be useful.

One question, at what point should I war Miko Institute for Nitori, right after Ashikaga or will I have time to take one more minor house? I know Himiko and Goemon are super useful, but they could get killed and actually taking it is gonna be a huge pain.

You're not going to get a license with Patreon funding.

You might be able to influence what licenses they ask for though

>You mean Senhime?
No I mean Ieyesu and the rest of the bears. Ieyesu is one of the strongest dungeon units in the game (as well as a good commander) and both him and the commander charge bear are very strong for that portion of the game.

He has events that give you the rest of the bears, so that means you'll have two units with assassinate on turn 8 or so.

You'll be giving up senhime but IMO it's worth it.

>It's going to be literally RNG on whether I capture useful cavalry or not.
Yeah, but keep in mind everything except actions can be mitigated with affection items and levied books.

not that user but why would that not work?

just brainstorming: License it through your company, your patreon is for you, a guy who works at the company that is making the eroge, people can pre-order units by a fixed contribution and AS gets their cut that way. but idk anything about this

because they pay for the license up front

6-flag cav is probably the most OP thing in the game. Cav does 20% more damage over warriors and gets all the best abilities.

>because they pay for the license up front
it looks capital-intensive but there is nothing a priori that would stop you from leveraging a patreon model:
quora.com/How-does-video-game-content-licensing-work

alicesoft wouldn't agree to it

>not that user but why would that not work?
Because they're a real business and they're not going to enter a partnership with a community-funded group for kicks. They expect a stable income source, ability, and credibility.
Plus they're not stupid enough to license their titles to competitors at the same time.

>turn 8
>implying you can conquer Tokugawa on turn 8 without reloads or suzume luck while getting that tempura guy
Keep in mind that no NG+ bonuses means that you have 2 fans at the beginning and that you're starving for units early on. You also need to stall Ashikaga for good units and warring two AI's at this point is bad since you only have one defense squad.

it sounds like you know someone who has tried to license IP from alicesoft? what is your experience here?

if you get lucky you can DOW tokugawa on turn 5. You will need to get some suzume luck but it shouldn't take more than 2-3 attempts.

You'll need to get enhanced initial guard and more footmen but it's doable.

8 is a little tight you are right. It can be done but you can do 9-10 if you don't get lucky the first time. You need to get the footman snipe with suzume and their snipe needs to fail (which should not be too hard since both rance and suzume are immune to snipe).

for as long as you can, keep your non-footmen below 300 men because the game uses those to calculate the enemy troop size

If mangagamer can't get free reign to license alicesoft shit still why do you think random crowd funders would be able to get it?

Even mangagamer can only get what alicesoft offers them, they can't make demands

Haven't licensed from Alicesoft, but have worked on business agreements plenty. Unless you've got some reason to think Alicesoft is a big exception, pretty much every business sticks to the same general points. You don't partner with nobodies and you don't compete with yourself.

>If mangagamer can't get free reign to license alicesoft shit still why do you think random crowd funders would be able to get it?
I mean nobody is going to license something Alicesoft doesn't want to license.

I feel like the japanese would hold to those principles even more strongly than westerners based on hentai i have watched

It's a trivial fact that makes it hard to set up the Patreon. How are you gonna advertise it, "we're gonna use the money to translate random games alicesoft offers"?

the only way I see this sort of thing working is if someone were to fly to japan and throw a big party for TADA with glasses girls in hanny suits and do something largely abandoned like daiakuji.

mangagamer just needs to get more freedom from alicesoft, I'm sure it's frustrating to only be able to get the oldest titles in their library that would actually be sellable

I'm not even sure relatively ancient stuff like Oyako Rankan and Rance Quest is old enough for Alicesoft to offer it to them

putting aside the patreon.

suppose i pay out of pocket to do a translation myself. nobody has seen it.

what if any would be the procedure to get a licensing agreement to sell this translation abroad?

you wouldn't get a licensing agreement

best case scenario you try and sell it to mangagamer assuming they have the license to the game already

worst case scenario you get c&d and you're forced to drop it entirely

that's why so many translators don't say shit about what they're doing until they leak the translation online some day like aroduc does for almost everything

>you wouldn't get a licensing agreement
but that's wrong because mangagamer did not have a licensing agreement before and then they got one so it can be done.

Unless you ended the other translation projects entirely, you would never get a separate license.

After a year and seemingly retranslating everything.

My question is about how one proceeds to get licenses in general, not in the case of alicesoft eroge

You hire a lawyer, a translator, and prepare your business plan then you introduce your group at an industry event or straight cold call them.
In general, nobody will work with you until you have something under your belt to show.

sounds like they worked hard for it

It's a 5SNB run.

Only way Alicesoft splits from Mangagamer is in the entirely possible event they decided to directly release to the west themselves like Front Wing

splitting isn't what we are talking about

we are talking about more of their library getting brought over than these pittances

Ixseal is quite nice.

>Secret Edgy Rape Club
>Long discussions about learning Japanese, and liscensing agreements.
>All between discussions and comments on nakadashi and Space Hitler.

Hannies are wonderful

Not that it's hard, but the gameplay is leagues above Haruka. Multiple enemies are nice, and the system videos also show both heroines fighting at once.

That also probably only means 2 heroines and maybe even one good route and one kichiku route, but we'll see.

No one cared about Subaru anyway.

>bears.
They're tanuki

I did.

Subaru was better than Haruka at least, not that it's saying much.

Here are some of our other models that got added to our team.

Lia has a model as well but it was added literally last minute so I don't have it.

>Play Rance IX
>Fighting the last boss
>Almost hae him beat
>Rance makes an unnecesarry strong attack that ends up killing the boss
>It respawns
>This is the second time tonight
JUST

I hope you saved Patton's special.

use Patton

I know, I was just trying to bring him down so Patton can finish him but Rance stole the kill on both occasions.

Of course he did. He's the hero.

Alicesoft probably has more say due to Mangagamer's limited budget, but I don't think the deals are that one sided.

They look good.

Topic of the japanese drawfagging event this weekend is "Kids".

Sounds like we might some Karna.

Dark Rance please.

Did it already start?

I don't know if it was just a trial edition thing, but it'd be nice if the full game had its own days left turn timer for each section so we don't weirdly appropriate time

Starts in 6 hours and 19 minutes.

Nah they just send the topic out mid afternon.

Man I would love sengoku Rance on the 3ds or phone or something. I wanna play it again but cbf playing games on my PC.

Get a windows tablet.

It's more likely Alicesoft that don't want to commit too many of their games at the same time then mangagamer being understaffed to translate them.

Not really. Mangagamer has other commitments as well plus may not want Alicesoft games to cannibalise each other.

Rance 01 is playable on android I believe.

>wanna play it
>cbf playing games
Your loss then

What to do at the hyperbuilding (rance 03)?

Quest translation where??

X spoilers where???

in other news, KANAMI

You need to destroy the bugs.

>bad at the game: the post

What bugs? I'm only at the beginning and I don't understand how to get past the guardian.

just use one of these

you need to return to town you filthy EOP

You go back to town.

Check the Rance 03 pastebin which is linked in the op pastebin.

>maria appears
>loses fight 1vs1
>you forgot to save at the town
Niiiiiiice.

how could you lose that fight

answer me

Didn't choose the first weapon for once.

>(Trap)
I.................I want to click it

Post results.

Can somebody with AINDecompiler try to compile the source code? I can't get it to work. I'm having ScintillaNET problems to no end.

some sort of pretty boy who speaks in riddles

half expecting a game over at the end of the turn

Congrats, if you invest in him, literally all your money troubles will be gone.

For which game?

>, literally all your money troubles will be gone.
>Pay 99
Sort of want to dismiss him

>rumored beauty (Male)

The source code for the AINdecompiler itself. I need to compile it so I can debug and figure out why Ixseal doesn't work.

this version?
github.com/Inori/FuckGalEngine/tree/master/AliceSoft(ain)

>github.com/Inori/FuckGalEngine/tree/master/AliceSoft(ain)
I meant hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/tools-and-tutorials/393725-alicesoft-ain-decompiler-and-compiler
I can try that one too

Any new leaks for Rance X? Last I checked 2 screenshots.

Any more?

I want to help you but I have no idea how.

>posting pictures for ants
here you go:
mega.nz/#!kHJTRDYT!YZUTJdr4xj4SMhooy_PARX4rCaWucPLrx2VokHcPouI

binary is in bin\x86\Debug

What is Kanami's 番号?

I like Sill's body.

That is it. Plus the confirmed characters from the calendar.

And apparently Kaybwan and Kaybnyan will have decent roles.

Wow, they've improved a lot from KR

Their designs were meh but I liked the fact that they were wearing the same armor as Kay-chan.