Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

I'm a 33 year old kissless virgin who usually posts on Veeky Forums. I've pretty much given up on ever having a gf or a family of my own so I've decided to treat myself to a fun car. The thing is a I don't know much about cars, I've just been driving a old corolla to work for the past 8 years. My budget is about $40,000? Can you help me pick out a fun car?

Thanks

3k civic with 37k of simple mods

S2000
E46 M3
Boxster S
Each can be had well within your budget with plenty of money left over for maintenance, repairs, and modifications. All 3 are extremely rewarding to drive.

Do you live in a flat featureless plain with only straight roads or do you live in a place with hills and twisty roads?

Grab yourself a WRX lad. I'd prefer a Mustang GT with 40k but someone who knows nothing about cars probably shouldn't have 400+ HP and RWD

I live in central NY near the Appalachians, so there's some fun areas.

Buy a motorbike instead.

Do you want a weekend car? A car to drive every day? A car to work on yourself or something you have to bring to a speedshop for tuning? What kind of driving do you want to do? What kind of cars excite you?

He can buy both!

This

S2000 is a great option, provided you can deal with the RWD up there and you take the time to learn how to drive it well. Spend extra for an AP1 with low miles and an OEM hardtop, and I guarantee you'll have as much fun or more than a lot of cars you can get for $40k. Get some nice wheels+tires, intake and exhaust, and you're set. Hell, you could even add FI if you wanted more power.

I probably dont want to do a lot of work on it since I wouldn't know where to begin with. Would be driving it during the week to work and stuff, and for fun on the weekends since my current car is getting very old.I like hatchbacks and coupes more than 4 doors. I don't like the super aggressive styling though. other than that I dont have any other specifics really maybe other than color.

Do they make a two door or hatchback?

I've seen too much shit to hop on one of those but they do look fun

A mint condition Miata
>but people will think I'm gay
You're gay if you care what people think, get a fucking Miata

Are they easy to find? I googled it real quick just now llooks pretty cool but I noticed they stopped making them a long time ago

Alfa Romeo Giulia. Get a $41,640 msrp car for $379 a month + tax $0 due at signing 24 month 10k miles per year lease.

or

a WRX. it's not a compact car it's made for MEN.

>financing an alfa rogayo

Lel no

>Lease is not financing.
>Lease covers all alfa romeo drawbacks and even if your car has problems, you get an alfa romeo or maserati loaner.

Which year?

ND Miata

Anything pre-2005 and post-2015 is good

Not particularly, but it would be feasible to have one shipped to you. I owned one for 2 years and I loved it more than anything. Drove it every day and the only issue it ever had was burning oil. One of the best things about it is the high revving (9k rpm redline) engine, but only in 2003 and earlier cars. The second generation had increased displacement and a slight midrange boost, but the redline was lowered to 8k. It's just not nearly as exciting as revving an AP1 all the way out to 9000. Don't let the age dissuade you, because they're dead reliable as long as you keep an eye on the oil level. There's plenty of information on the common things that go wrong with these cars, and none of them are big issues.

What a waste of time. 30ish year old man child who claims to be from some kind of business guru club. Thinking Car will some how make his boring life fun.
Use that money to tour the world, you have better chance getting woman at some 4th world poor shit place.

>who claims to be from some kind of business guru club

It's a real board here

Some decent suggestions in here. Even if you fancy yourself to be the kind of poofer who just needs a
>jaaaaaaaaaaag
or a
>bimmer
or a
>lambo
or a
>veyron

Start with one of these normalfag suggestions instead so you can learn to drive and then upgrade to the fancy stuff if that's really your jam.

If you want a hatch and want to drive one that not everybody has track down a Volkswagen MK5 R32. AWD, 3.2L VR6 motor, ultra fun to drive and is always a nice spot on the road

Chevrolet SS.

and in the end you own nothing and gave money to FCA so they can pump out more Dart shitboxes.

He said he wants a fun car, not your wife's car.

if you don't know a ton about cars, a stick shift V8 mustang is an easy and affordable way to buy yourself something easy to drive, stylish, cheap to maintain, and because it's a mustang there's a million clubs to join and friends to make. The aftermarket is huge and you'll always have fun driving it. This is all coming from someone who hates mustangs. Give one a try.

OP isnt 12 years old

rwd
can
you
deal

lel, fuck Veeky Forums

>that color
>those lines
>those headlights

who designed this car, a woman?

THE SUBARU WORLDAURU DISREPECTAFURU XERERU CLASSU

do you have any requirements? cause there are lots of fun cars for 40k. off the top of my head i'd say
Evo.
second hand m2 or m3
supra/gt-r
second hand porsche 911 of some form

E46 M3 safe choice
E92 M3 would be pushing it for $40k but it's an awesome car

20 kissless but not a virgin. You should get a slightly used C43 amg it will attract women but you have to hide your power level.

I'm kind of like op, I have no life but a decent amount of money and use cars for entertainment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure how much socializing a sperg will experience while traveling the world.

New GT Mustangs can be bought with the largest discounts (like $5k off sticker). Based on that alone, I would say Mustang. No sense in burning thousands of extra dollars just so you can be picky.

Audi A3/S3/RS3. Comfort, fun, practicality, quality materials, small sized, stylish, quick, comes with AWD. That or Golf/GTI. Theres no other answer.
>muh miata
No. Miata is definitely not daily driver. Audi A3, on the other, hand is all-in-one package.

>I'm a 33 year old kissless virgin who usually posts on Veeky Forums. I've pretty much given up on ever having a gf or a family of my own
Totally useless information that noone ever is going to ask.
Fucking miserable martyr.

Golf R Estate or if you want a sports coupe, Lotus Exige

OP just FYI the WRX is a sweet choice but they only come in manual, you should explain if you can drive stick or not.

get yourself a nice challenger r/t

DODGE CHALLENGER

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY 8====D~~~

>6 liter V8, RWD, manual, mag suspension
Pretty cool wife

C R X
R
X

Miata is always the answer.

Go to mazda dealership and get a nice folding hard RF Miata

>given up on gf or family
>looking for something fun

Do NOT get a car. Get a fucking motorcycle and thank me later. Regular riding is very nearly a depression cure for me, it's exciting, I can get through traffic way easier than in a car, and I've met tons of new friends from this hobby because the community is so tight-knit.

Please don't waste your money on a pigfat modern car, once you hop off your bike, no car will be good enough anymore.

jej

What if op is not gay?

Don't most bikefags get a beater to drive around in when it's raining or fucking freezing/hot

Seriously, who can't drive a manual? Especially on an enthusiast board, Christ

>find a cayman for anywhere between 20 and 30k
>hit up the roads on mohonk mountain (upstate ny, not too far from where i assume you are)
>finally enjoy life

>30yo kissless virgin

this

however make sure you can drive stick and don't end up stuffing it into a tree

He lives in NY. Many people would agree RWD isn't the easiest to live with in the winter. Dumbass

Strip club?
Bar?
1 night bang

finance a brand new quadrofoligio for 72k minus 40k would bring your monthly costs to just under 900 a month for everything for a 4 year loan plus gas and insurance

>10k on an almost new preowned civic or other reliable commuter shitbox

>30k on a muscle car

Get something that shallow dumb chicks like, like a camaro, mustang or challenger. You don't sound like a car guy so a lot of the suggestions in this thread wouldn't be the best fit for you. Get the cheapest V8 model, you don't really need anything more unless money isn't an issue at all. Then lose your virginity, it's really not that hard unless you have some sort of insane standards, just make sure you use a condom as the type of woman who's only attracted to you based on your car is the last person you'd want to get pregnant.