Hey guys, just how serious is an engine knock?

Hey guys, just how serious is an engine knock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jEnErTFhuDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who's there?

Depends what is causing it. Spark knock isn't as bad as a rod knock.

>that image
I've spilled diesel on my glove before, but jesus fuck that's horrifying.

Not sure yet, google tells me it's almost nothing to needing a new motor, I just want to put my mind at ease til I get it looked at.

What does it sounds like? Does it do it faster when you give it gas?

Yeah, it's rapid knocks that speed up when I hit the gas.

Tell me the car user

2013 challenger, I'm pretty pissed if its dead because I just had it serviced.

They probably saw a cuck that can't change his own oil and didn't put enough in for the lulz

Where does the knock sound like it's coming from?

Bad news user

from the engine 5 loud knocks, should I just look for a new engine? Money aint a problem, it just stings.

Your valve lifters are fucked.

Your car just wants to be a 5 cylinder is all. Remove the piston and block off the intake port, you'll be fine.

just pic, not a new engine.

stress less, you are like a mechanics dream mate.

Is it a v6 or V8? If v6. Buy a better car. If V8, rebuild it.

can I just replace the V6? Money aint a problem

yeah thats fucked, bushing is gone, basically either swap or overhaul

ok this must be b8 you are ignoring the people who answered your question and giving them (You)'s to people trolling you.

Well I'm still paying the thing off, I just want to know my options for sure.

THE LIFTERS NEED REPLACING YOU TWAT.

it is a common problem with that engine.

The mechanics will just say he needs a new engine and clean him out. He should put diesel oil in and sell the car to a nigger or dumb kid.

Calm down edgelord I'm just asking questions, that alright with you?

Cars shot man. That noise is one of the pistons hitting the cylinder bore. It's only a matter of time before the connecting rod or the crankshaft break and then the entire engine is RIP.

Best look for a new car, you shouldn't even be driving that one on the road anymore

No because your question has already been answered and any answers you get other than the lifters being fucked is someone trolling you.

im looking out for you seen as you are too dumb to do it for yourself.

You might have a load of bad gas in your tank

drain gas and/or add octane booster

that guy wasn't me, but thanks for the help user. I'm just sad is all.

to

I got a giggle out of this

thanks user

watch youtube videos from people who also own the same car. he may be wrong, could be the rocker arms.
youtube.com/watch?v=jEnErTFhuDU

Usually pretty bad, my car knocks pretty bad if I don't continuously feed it oil, which I'm chalking up to a blown head gasket or a turbo bearing being blown causing bad fuel/air mixture. If it's coming from the bottom of the engine, then it's really bad since it means your unlubricated piston head is shearing against the block, which will throw a row or cam shaft in the future. If this happened immediately after the dealer was servicing it, go complain, because it probably means they ran your car without oil for an extended period of time.

to who?

Try to find where the noise is coming from. If it's louder at the sump, your engine is fucked. If it's coming from the valve covers, you're still okay.

>he uses gloves to fill up

you have to upload it on jewtube so we can diagnose what kind of knock it is and make fun of your engine

rod knock is juicy af to listen to

>he unironically likes chicken grease from some nigger all over his hands