pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

pcsx2.net/
darksouls2.wikidot.com/resistance
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

continuing /dsg/ From Soft poll time:

First From Software Game, and when did you play it?

From Soft games played in the last month?

From Soft games you haven't played but want to play next?

From Soft Games you own?

Favorite From Soft game?

What you want out of From Soft E3 2017?

I want to go from soft to hard

>From Hardware
>Releasing a game console
don't wish that evil upon the world

Is a Raw Broadsword still a decent way to clear lategame stuff at lower SL?

Anybody got a DaS3 map?

>das2 was remastered within 18 months
>STILL have to play das1 and demon souls as they are

Fucking why

>lost my copy of Demon's Souls

Kill me

SOTFS isn't a remaster, it was a PS4/XB1 release.

It exists entirely because Bandai demanded a cross generational release, so DS2 needed more time to get the PS4/XB1 releases out.

> First game
Bloodborne, bundled with ps4 very close to BB's launch

> Games played in Last Month
DaS3 and BB

> games I want to try
I'll get round to SotFS one day. Kings Field looks kinda interesting but I'm not Desperetly wanting to play it. Armoured Core doesn't interest me.

> Games I own
BB, DeS, DaS1, DaS3

> e3
A new ip that's a spiritual successor to Souls (pls no more direct sequels), DeS remastered

why does patches set these incredibly tame traps that wouldn't even pose a danger to a retard? he acts like a mastermind and talks shit to you, then grovels like a bitch when you make it out alive
not to mention he knows you'd be undead and would just revive anyway
is he slow?

I hope a remaster is in the works, it would be good to play it again with some of the new features and fixes we have now. also, about 2/5 souls players haven't touched the older title, and it would revive those games.

Maybe patches is just teasing the protagonist because he has a crush on them.

It was all in good fun, mate. What do ya say, forgive your old pal patches?

Since Memezaki shelved dork souls for good I'm hoping that BAMCO will go for a remaster in order to milk the games for a few more years.

here's to hoping a DeS remaster.

>NPC summons with unlockable sets can be summoned again if you die after the NPC
>BUT NOT IF THE NPC DIES AFTER
RIP Lucatiel.

Patches will teach you virtues no matter how many times he has to try!

It won't happen unless Atlus, Bandai, and Sony all approved it. And even then, adapting a game for PS3 to PC or PS4 that wasn't intended for it is a nightmare, since the PS3's architecture is so different. DS1 had the advantage of being developed for 360 also, so a PC port was a possibility since the 360's architecture is closer to a PC/XB1/PS4. DeS does not have that luxury.

Considering all the resources they could be spending on other games, rehashing a 9 year old title for wildly different hardware.

This is the same reason why they won't re-release Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS4.

A DS1 remaster is possible, since that only has to deal with Bandai and was multiplat, but given how the switch port fell through and lost interest, it's very unlikely. Bandai wouldn't be able to do it on their own anyway since they don't own the source code for the game, just the publishing rights of the IP.

just finished dark souls 3 for the first time. Is it just me or was the final boss pretty lame?

I'm all for a bit of cheeky fun every now and then but to repeatedly rely on the mercy of some of the most powerful undead across the ages is a bit moronic
how that cunt made it to the end of the world I don't know

>tfw when you easily slew the dragon sis poster and now he went back to posting his old meme

IF U DONT LIKE WAIFUS
THEN END UR LAIFU

>First From Software Game, and when did you play it?
DaS2 2014

>From Soft games played in the last month?
None - im waiting for the steam sale to get the dlc

>From Soft games you haven't played but want to play next?
Armored core but i have nothing to play them on.

>From Soft Games you own?
All DaS and BB.

>Favorite From Soft game?
DaS

>What you want out of From Soft E3 2017?
bb2

What do twinks usually use these days to clear late game content? I just want to get Friede's scythe as early as I can.

Did you play DS1?

The final boss is literally you fighting the various build styles and previous player characters from DS1/DS2, ending with the first one to link the flame, Gwyn.

Demon's souls belongs to sony, so if we ever got a remake it'd probably be another ps4 exclusive unfortunately

>Armored core but i have nothing to play them on.
pcsx2.net/

The best games in the series are on PS2 / PSP anyway. Start with AC3. The graphics upscale to HD/4k decently too, if that's your thing.

Just you. Kidding but what did you not like about it? I for one found to be very fun and a actual proper gwyn fight.

dude dragonsis...killed him self.

Oooooh the fucking cat! Duh should have known lol

Raw Broadsword and Dragonslayer Axe are your best options.

yeah I've played DS1 and Bloodborne, but not DS2. I didn't notice the callback aspect, that's pretty cool, but it felt to me like the fight didn't have the same build up and atmosphere that Gwyn did, like you play through the whole game knowing you gotta go after Gwyn and link the flame, you expect him to be this huge strong dude, but he's a husk. A strong husk, but still a husk. That combined with how he's the only real "guy that moves fast and has a big weapon that may or may not be on fire" boss in the game made it feel like your entire grand journey ultimately came down to a simple one on one fight with no real theatrics, which I really liked. The Soul of Cinder on the other hand just kinda felt like "ok you killed the lords here's your final boss go crazy."

AC Project phantasm - 2002 i think

From Soft games played in the last month?
Das3

From Soft games you haven't played but want to play next?
I kind of want to do a full DaS2 playthrough but the clunky shitty animations, the bullshit world design/mob placement and the worst pvp in the series doesn't encourage me.

From Soft Games you own?
I think im missing the oldest titles

Favorite From Soft game?
Dark souls1

What you want out of From Soft E3 2017?
wew

it was just you
i don't think it was lame but they could've done a lost more with it.

in terms of gameplay it was a better fight than Gwyn but in terms of atmosphere and being a fitting conclusion to the story it didn't work nearly as well as Gwyn imo.

I think I get what you mean. I agree too, soul of cinder has literally no build up. I think the player pathing in DS3 is the worst because of this, you have a vague idea that you need to gather the lords of cinder but beyond the intro video there's no real explanation or lore about who or what they are and why they need to be gathered. DS1 is the only game in the series that actually does that well, I think. Even DS2 had a better lead up to Vendrick than DS3 did to Lord of Cinder.

Mechanically, I thought the fight was great though. Especially since you were basically fighting an elevated version of an invader / player, something that has been missing through most of their games thematically.

for that matter as well why do some NPCs just die when you kill them, aren't they also undead?
for others with questlines why do they turn up as corpses instead of increasingly hollowing zombies?

Only Unkindled come back when you kill them, and also the Firekeeper and Painter Loli.

Greirat, for instance, is neither undead nor unkindled. He just dies.

Nice head shot Ciaran user

I have 62 hours in Dark Souls PTDE and now steam won't let me play it. I click play, it says it's running, and then nothing. I'm on windows 10 and have DSFix.

New update killed the game on windows sorry.

When was the update? I last played it two days ago.

ok but how the fuck did he survive in that cell for so long if he's not undead? presumably someone not hollowed threw him in there and lothric looks like it's been decayed for a while

yes

Kill steam bootstrapper and souls in the task manager, start steam again. Sometimes when steam auto updates itself, it hangs and won't open new games until you close it again.

If that doesn't work, could be a creator's update bug, there's a few solutions if you search for them, most involve just switching your video/monitor settings back

time is connipted
gives me convolutions

>logic
>dark souls

stop

DS3 is the most inconsistent fanfiction nonsensical part of the series, just as bad or worse than DS2. Don't expect logic to rule.

The NPCs die because that's what players expect to happen when they kill them. Some don't die because they are needed to progress. That's all.

>DS1
>invade some havel cosplaying fuck
>he drops 600000 souls
what level was this guy? holy shit, took forever to kill

that's the obvious answer I suppose, same thing happened in DS1 though so it's not a flaw exclusive to the later games

I just killed the burnt ivory king, which dlc should I do next? I've been to brume tower and the sunken city and got my ass kicked, point me in the direction of the easier one.

also, what infusion is best in general? I know a lot of enemies have fire and dark res, so lightning sounds like a good idea.

Fuck me, Dark Souls isn't even showing up in the Task Manager.

Armored Core 2 in 2001.

Replaying Dark Souls 1 & 2 on PC

Bloodborne. Fucking PS4 exclusives.

Armored Core 2
AC2: Another Age
Echo Night:Beyond
Another Century's Episode
Demons' Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3

I know it's nostalgia talking, but I still love Demons' Souls the most.

Whatever Miyazaki's new IP is.

Oh boy, here I go gravelording again!

Any tips on how to improve my fashion but maintaining a very high poise/absorption?

Sunken city is more puzzle oriented, and easier if you take it slowly and methodically. Brume tower is harder, but less confusing and relies more on combat puzzles than area puzzles. You don't need to be as aware of your surroundings in brume as you do in sunken.

Go to the dark souls exe file, right click "run as administrator".

fuck dude
someone invaded you and hijacked the dark souls.exe process
you've been virused

does anybody else fucking love the sound of dorhy's gnawing?

Dark Souls. Not sure when, but it was less than a year after release and I only got to play it because I found it on PS3 for $8.

Dark Souls. I'm a broke motherfucker.

Either Bloodborne or DS3

Dark Souls for PC and PS3.

Dark Souls.

F2P DS3

darksouls2.wikidot.com/resistance

In the DLC, pure physical damage is better for almost everyone.

In the main game:
>lightning is strong against more bosses, but heavily resisted by a few
>fire is strong against only a few bosses, and resisted by most
>dark is strong against a few and resisted by only a few
>magic is strong against some and strongly resisted by only a few

Usually you want to have a pair of elements and swap between them. Like going lightning and then having fire as a backup, since theres only a single boss that resists both lightning and fire (looking glass knight).

god you're such a cock sucker

So, I guess its perfect as it is then.
Thanks!

It's getting late.
FC over after a few more fights.

Just use full Gundyr's and make your character's skin metal-coloured.

Thanks, I think I'll infuse my red rust sword with lightning and red rust scimitar with dark

Armored Core, Another Age I think it was.
Just DS3
Bloodborne and DeS, but I'm not gonna bother spending $250 for a console for 1 game. At least PS3s are really cheap now.
I haven't played any of the armored core games in like 10+ years, so I'm not gonna list them. Besides that, just the 3 Dark Souls games.
Hard to say, all 3 games have their merits. I think I enjoy 3 the most though because it feels like a proper sequel to 1, unlike 2.
Dunno. Would hope for another Souls game, but since Dark Souls is done, I don't care, as long as it's not console exclusive and it's good I'll probably buy it.

FC over. Thanks for coming.

Thanks for hosting!

Dark Souls 1, like three months before 3 came out
Dark Souls 3. I played 1 to death, but I've played a couple of hours of that, too.
I've been thinking about picking up Demon's Souls.
Only the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne.
Honestly? Dark Souls 3. I've gotten more replayability out of it than I did out of Dark Souls 1, as weird as that might sound. I just don't seem to get bored of making new characters and running them through the game.
More of the same. Just... Anything in the same vein as Souls. Anything.

sunken is definitely easier, especially the bosses, but like the other user said if you don't play cautiously you'll get meme'd on

Just finished the Ringed city dlc. I liked most of the boss fights but one thing left bad taste in my mouth : why do they have so high elemental damage resistance? Like, Gael being resistant to fire and dark I can understand: he devoured pygmy lord himself, but why would he be resistant to magic and lightning? Just to pump up his effective health?

I really wanted to finish the series with drakeblood greatsword but had to fallback to refined claymore because all my fav PvE weapons hit like micro penis.

People talk like TRC is the hardest part of the das3 and Gael is the hardest and everything but just imagine what would happen if Dancer or Soul of Cinder had Gael's amount of health and resistance. Half of normies wouldn't even be able to end the game solo in their first playthrough.

you can't bleed out bosses in this dlc like you can in the main game, so theres a lot more patience involved that people aren't used to.

Yeah, the damage resistance of the TRC bosses was a little whacky. If they were only resistant to one or two elements, it would have been fine, but Midir and Gael were resistant to enough shit that many builds don't have a good option to deal with them.

>he didn't use Dorhys' Gnawing against Demon Princes
You proc bleed with just two casts.

Anyone want to help me with the Champ on PC at SL 55 +5? pass is DSG

I need that ring.

Just needed some havels

noice.
I shall look into this

capcha
calle calle

read it in plague's kaathe voice

You know what you guys need?

So what are some good weapons to slap a deep gem on? Preferably something that doesn't have much of a STR or DEX requirement and fits a "fallen nun" look of someone wearing the ordained stuff and using dark miracle.

Whats the highest damage i can get with a whip. Im thinking its witches locks but im not positive, any other possible infusion/buff combos that will get me higher? I've got one final respec a +10 notched whip, a +10 regular whip and a +5 witches lock so anything is within reach.

>equip hornet ring
>+30% damage
You're welcome

>whips
>ripostes and bactsabs
Do you even know what the hornet ring does?

+5 Witch Lock WA on a pyro

Whips can't riposte or backstab you retard

why does nobody in this general ever actually read to the posts they reply to.

>+5 Vordts Great Hammer with mid 500s AR hits harder with 2HR1 on Silver Knights than all my 600+ AR UGS (Profaned, Lothric, Black Knight, Greatsword)

Explain this please. Is Strike really that much more powerful that Vordts hits for nearly 550 per R1 compared to ~470 for UGS at 40/40 Quality? It can't be the frostbite because I'm hitting for those numbers on the very first swing.

Locks is your only option with damage. A Sharp regular Whip buffed with 60 Faith DMB is your only other option really, but the damage boost Locks has during its WA really is the selling point of it.

Midir dies pretty quick to mercury.
Demon Prince super weak to bleed unless you summon 4 people.

Gael is weak to bleed and poison.

Beats me, I'd guess it's the strike damage. Either that or you compared onehanded to twohanded AR by mistake or something. I'm pretty sure R1s all have different multipliers, comparing AR doesn't mean that much unless its between two weapons of the same class.

Is it safe to do a bit of soul editing offline and then go online? I want to make an offmeta build and fuck around online but cba to farm.

>Half of normies wouldn't even be able to end the game solo in their first playthrough.
half of normies don't

No. Cheat detection doesn't matter online or not, whenever you go online it checks your save file and will flag it.

I wouldn't soul edit, just spawn in as many Great Champion Soul as you want with item swap, that is completely safe in comparison.

well according to Mugenmonkey at 40/40 2H Vordt's has 552 AR compared to 640 for the BKGS

Yet when I fight the Silver Knights at Anor Londo first hit R1 from BKGS is about ~470 whereas Vordt's hits for ~530 if I remember correctly

It could be also that Silver Knights are exceedingly weaker to Strike than Slash but that's a pretty massive discrepancy.

Will gift heavy crossbow to any ps4 friend who can mule some shit to my ultimate wizard in terms of attack and defense.

Alright, follow-up question, is Megamule softbannable, or am I safe to use it?

Fume Ultra Greatsword or Kings Ultra Greatsword? I have enough to fully upgrade one boss weapon and I'm about to respec to 50 str 30 dex and a shit ton of vitality.

Are there better UGS I'm not looking at in das2?

FUGS is the best UGS in 2 so go with that, especially if you already have 30 DEX which KUGS won't benefit from.