Hi y'all

Hi y'all,

On Friday night I was out with the gf sliding around in the rain in my 91 e30 318is

I lost control and oversteered, occrected and oversteered again and hit the curb going like I'd say atleast 15kms/hr, not entirely sure on the speed.

The steering is off now and I can hear the tyre rub on the wheel arch and it would bend the metal on the car to turn it full lock left.

I realise I will need to take it to a shop to get it inspected properly and fixed but I was so definitely if anyone could tell me the possible outcomes?

Ive got a pick of the good side vs bad side which I'll post.

I feel like a bit of a goof but I've learnt my lesson. Thanks for any helps

Tldr
I lost control and hit a curb atleast at 20kms, going to get it towed to a shop on wed for proper inspection but wondering possible outcomes? Pics related.

Pic is bad side.
1/2

2/2
Good side

When you look at the wheel from the side it's clear that it doesn't sit in the middle of the arch, its touching the arch slightly.

Was scary to drive home, but thankfully a short distance. I had to reverse at certain angles to turn corners to avoid major scrubage.

Pic is my beloved old girl.

She's missing her lip but I'll get one soon.

Reposting

be prepared to replace the lower control arm, sway bar, outer tie, possibly all of them are bent

Rims fucked,
control arms fucked,
sway bars fucked,
shocks fucked,
steering racks fucked,
it's all fucked.

oh and btw you fucking deserve this for doing skids on your learners without someone competent in the passenger seat to teach you.

You are a fuckhead and your dad should beat you for breaking the car he bought you.

I'm on my p's now, that photo is old.

Suck my cock bitch I do what I want. My dad kicked me out when I was 14 so I got a job and bought this shit my self.

Aw fuck.

My rims are alright? Or could there be other structural damage?

Congratulations, you're a dickhead.

Get yourself a Corolla and never use more than half throttle until you get your full licence please.

Did you learn your lesson mr top shit?
your lack of skill just cost you a few grand

Worst case scenario your wheel and most of your suspension

Best case your nose is broken when your dad beats the shit out of you for crashing the rusted out meme machine he bought you

Check the inside of the rim, its probably cracked.
is it losing air in the tyre?
might only be a slow leak.

Mm no. I think ill just pay to get it fixed... and stop driving like I'm top shit when Im not lol.

Thanks mate, I will do.

We live, and we learn.

So mad

That doesn't look so bad, seems entirely fixable. It's not going to be the cheap kind of fixable but it's cheaper than a new car. I think worst case scenario you'll have some minor warping to the frame where the control arms/springs/tie rods/etc. connect but if you're lucky you can salvage a handful of components.

Did something similar in e46 328ci Thursday night, try to skid at 11pm => do 180 => hit the curb. Thank God the curb was pretty low so the only damage was slightly chipped rim. Where so I learn to go sideways anyway, user?

>Where do I learn to go sideways anyway, user?
Probably this question isn't directed to you m8

Thank you mate, I appreciate the kind word. Hopefully I can put some new parts in and she'll be running again within a fortnight.

Ah man I feel your pain, literally. I think if this is the worst we do to learn this lesson, its not so bad. I also want to learn, I reckon there'd have to be schools littered around, or maybe tracks where they let you drift around and shit on practice cars. Dunno tho.

>towed to a shop
Getting it fixed at a shop will be pricey and maybe more than the car is worth. It may make more sense to part this car out or get another e30 and keep this one as a parts car.

Best case scenario OP is just going to have his wheel aligned back to its place. Then goes the control arm replacement, and only then, if the first two solutions won't work, it's going to be pricey, I guess.

Where the fuck do you live that allows kids to get kicked out at 14 and not sent to some kind of a foster home?

Git gud fag