TRACK DAY BRO???

TRACK DAY BRO???

So, I know 99% of you are benchracing busriders, but a few of you have cars, and some of those few have taken their car on track. Let's discuss stuff and pretend we're all god's gift to driving because we went to a track and managed not to destroy our cars.

I wish I was God's gift to driving

Oh, I think I saw you in another thread. Is your car okay? How bad was the damage?

Zero damage, it was awhile ago

Did you need a tow out? That looks like one hell of a mud pit.

NÜRBUGRING BRO

Sauce. Looking at steering angle and blur, I'm pretty sure this is like, 1 second before a wicked date with that barrier.

>sauce
my drive dud
it was actually close before barrier
i out-drifted the BMW obviously, because I am the DK
>all these people saw
>no one filmed it

R E E E E E

made this for you

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps

HEKTIC

i tracked my mr2 with a warped head gasket this august

Did you know the headgaskets was warped before, or after tracking the car.

Also
>Friend has MR2
>Replace head gasket
>Car sits there, mostly because her ex (wasn't ex at the time) said he would fix it. Then he dumped her and never finished her car.

Man, I should help her get that little fucker up and running this winter. AW11 a cute. I drove it once before the head went all warpy, such a fun little thing.

A FUCKING LEAF

>tfw too poor for a proper set of tires

I'm slowly rebuilding my brakes whenever I have the time. Hopefully I can hit the track before November, otherwise next year for sure

I found out afterwards. I accidentally overheated the car because the drive belt was misaligned and wore to the point it stopped driving the water pump, and after I got that all fixed it started pissing coolant out of the pressure cap all the time (not a lot, as its mostly exhaust gases being pumped into the coolant lines and overpressurizing it) which I didnt know was a sympton of a warped head gasket until a couple weeks after the track day.

as expected there is no postings here because no one on o does track days

just formated my pc so no pictures but
>MRS
>Club races and time attack
Haven't been that active this season because been busy fixing the car from previous owner.

DEJA VU I HAVE BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

Autocrossed my 2007 CTSV today

These were my tires before

And these are them after 1.1 g turns under a 2 ton land barge.

kek
>>> tfw top shingo

>cars on a track
I don't get the appeal. The risk of crashing during overtakes is so big especially with a large field because of the size of cages. No acceleration if you're not in a 30k+ car and no kneedown.
Now baiku track days, those are fun.

Reminder to change brake fluid beforehand though.

remember not to reply to obvious shitposters

I live near a racetrack, will get a BRZ soon and plan to track it, any advice?

I didn't reply to anyone you shithead.

buy a different car.

No

then your out of luck pal

Which luck are we talking about?

> tracked bikes multiple times on the ring
> car only one time

it was ok

who /nordschleife/ here

t. nearly hit the armco on his first lap

>memeburg ring
Eh.
fug of wr

Did you expect anything else?

>brake fluid
ATE 200
>brake pads
EBC Yellows or Blues
>tires
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500, don't go to bigger rim sizes or wider tires it'll only hurt your performance
>tune
Fix that torque dip

Instead of spending money on sikk mawds go to a track day driving school instead

I've taken my car to exactly one autocross. I haven't been able to since because there's always something popping up on the day of or something where my money needs to go else where. Most recently my car was broken into so I'm spending what was supposed to go to an autocross event early next month is now going towards fixing everything.

Anyways when I went I totally thought I was God's gift to driving and thought I'd run circles around everybody, I ended up getting the slowest lap times there. Talk about an ego killer.

I was running on old brakes and tires, I really wanted to go to this one because I have new tires and new brakes but noooooo some faggot had to break into my car.

More kiddies on Veeky Forums need that reality check imho

imagine being this bad

True, it was super fun though. Looking forward to the next time I can.

> didn't crash
> bad
kek???

Everyone here is the reincarnation of Aryton Senna

Thanks mate

>Fix that torque dip
Heard the BRAAP headers are the go-to way, is it true?

>Instead of spending money on sikk mawds go to a track day driving school instead

I'll take an instructor if there's one but I'm not really optimistic.

Meh I wouldn't bother when starting off. Newer cars would have precats built into the headers so they would be expensive to replace

Just book a date with a professional driving school, they have track days only for people learning how to drove fast and you're usually paired off with an instructor for the day

It was the guy getting the second-slowest lap times. He figured out you could improve your times enough with tires and brakes to boot him into the slowest spot, so he had to keep you from showing up at all.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't realize that you not showing up would mean there isn't anybody there slower than him, so he got the slowest lap times again anyway.

Nobody wins.

I did autocross for years, and i was somewhat OK at it. Its tons of fun to be able to slide around a bit in a controlled environment and it really helps you learn the limits of your car. Kinda got bored of it though. The ratio of time commitment to actual seat time is pretty lame. I want to get into track or karting.

retard pleb
I've seen BRZ and been in it on a track. With some good rubber and brake pads it punches up harder than any ' landbarge stang or corvette ever could with their retarded "muh horses" mentality.
Honestly depending on your events
if its a class based races keep the car stock you'll have a huge advantage.
If just track day get another set of wheels with nice rubbers, change it for track and race.
Be nice to people, make friends, learn the track by asking for help and don't push it.
Start approaching your limits from below not above and be careful.
My bud with brz did over 100 laps in one day, burnt through rotors, pads and tyres but car was fine.

Just basic track shit as well
>warmup lap for tyres, don't wiggle you're not some mlg pro, it'll warm up fine with braking and cornering.
>cooldown lap where you don't brake
>when you come off track to stop don't brake and stop without using brakes, that way you don't melt brakepads to rotors.
>let the engine run for 5-10 minutes after stopping that way the oil circulates and cool
>abide by the safety procedures of the track about passing and letting people pass
>realize your car is by far the least important part, especially with a godmachine like brz. Practise and git gud, don't waste money on anything but reliability mods at first

>>tune
>Fix that torque dip
if you ever tracked you'd know that torque dip is a non issue. Its not noticable and you'll cross it only once when going onto the track onto your warmup lap.
It's a non issue that busriders and benchracers love to jerk over.

>implying the tune doesn't help top end power as well
>implying you don't spend 95% of your time driving off the track on public roads where a strong mid range is useful

the dip is litearlly miniscule and you don't need tune you need to learn to drive.
Once you git gud you know yourself what to work on.
toyobaru is a great car to learn to git gud on, you don't need to touch a thing especially some placebo thing as the """"torque dip"""" which nobody would ever know about if they didn't benchrace dyno charts

Damn you're dumb. The torque dip is literally why everyone thinks that the car "feels" slow but has no complaints about the Miata

>durr learn how to drive
>you don't need a tune that makes the engine more powerful and responsive and adds more features

you are literally a bench racer

Cheers mate, will keep in mind

It's just track days, and yeah I don't plan to mod it beyond a second set of rubbers.

>better drivability on public roads
>durr benchracer
Imagine being this disconnected from reality

THIS
Although I use Motul RBF 600 fluid, flush it a few days before my track day.

Brakes are huge. I'm going to upgrade to 2 piece front rotors with curved vanes, simply because my brakes are right on the edge of overheating, and I'd like a bit more overhead.

Tires
Honestly, you can go faster on worse tires depending on the track. But one thing is for sure, the slower your car, the faster you will learn. By the end of the day, I was catching tuned EVO's and STi's in my FWD shitbox.

Funny you mention this. My friend's roomate went to a track day with his bike the same day. I came back home safe and sound. He...went into a tire wall at 80 mph. Amazingly he made it out with a few torn ligaments and a scraped up knee. But the bike is a write off, it bent the forks and warped the frame. He's super lucky, but having that metal cage makes doing this in a car way safer in my opinion. Also, this is why you buy track day insurance, just in-case you REALLY fuck up.

Same boat, man. I wanna track my '13 Mazdaspeed3. Hopefully by spring.

>fix this torque dip that you will never ever feel or actuall know is there unless you look at the dyno sheets
>fix this torque dip that happens outside the powerband to be faster on track

yeah, benchacer and a 12yo retard to boot.

best way to go to track is to get a dedicated race car. You are going to crash anyway it's better you aren't afraid of doing it so you can at least get good laptimes.
I race my daily car and if it is raining I avoid one track.

>torque dip that you will never ever feel
>that you will never ever feel
Except that the car "feeling" slow is entirely because of the torque dip. It's always been a complaint way before dyno sheets for the car came out

Are you by any chance a Subaru engineer?

You haven't driven the car.

Except I have, both with and without the tune. The tuned car was far more livelier, almost as if it had a 2.5L engine instead

You have to be a Subaru engineer

that your ST op?

how'd you do that tow strap? I'm assuming it involved drill/dremel

me

dude, my mildly modified 1992 camaro RS beat every BRZ/FRS at my local autocross.
Know what car wins every time?
the course owner with his 2016 fiesta ST.
BRZ a shit

Yes the cars were doing all the driving

Also
>conefagging

Worse tires are better for learning since they loose grip in a very predictable manner and let a newbie driver know when they're about to go

Meanwhile something high end like Pilot Super Sports will give less of a warning and aren't the best choice for a new driver on the track

me on the left

I want to go but I leak too many fluids

If I track a Mustang GT *without* the Perf Pack will I regret it? Is new tires/fluids/pads enough?

if it is a dragstrip yes
if there are corners or crowds you will regret it xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I rekt a 2017 stang by 4 seconds in mr2 and a brz reks me.
And the GTR reks brz
and a tuned bugeye subie reks GTR
and a coilovered, stripped out but otherwise stock puma recks everything by a few seconds.
Wow it's as if the cars don't drive themses.
But this is track not conedodging so idk maybe they do when you put some cones down.

Pads and good brake fluid are the two most important things. Tires just determine how fast you can go.

delete power steering
convert to air cooled engine
reseal your oil pan with jb weld

nothing makes a tech inspection go smoothly like 15 zip ties holding your intake on

I-it's my rear main seal

I go to the local dragstrip because the nearest non circle track/dragstrip is an hour and a half away and would cost $250 for a track day and my local dragstrip is $7 for the day

The dealer I bought my car from sponsors one free track event a year - fucking Subaru's as far as the eye can see.

It's definitely humbling. In the beginning I had this older white dude with a beard who pushed me and he basically got me going at like 9/10 - my driving was rough and my lines were pretty off on several turns, but just by the simple virtue of not feeling afraid I kept passing people left and right.

By the middle of the day other people had caught up and I had lost some nerve because I messed up and ended up on the grass from understeering through a sharp turn after a long straight.

At the end of the day I was doing better again. It was pretty fun, but I definitely tortured my max performance summer tires - if I wanted to push any harder during the turns I'd need to get like AD08R's or Star Spec II's or something.

>tfw still haven't finished college
>tfw too poor
i'd love to, but my car is terrible so it would be embarrassing for me (and insulting for other participants). i guess best i can do is karting and occasional pretend shitbox wrc.

Some kind of cheap organized pretended wrc where you just sign in and then practice in safe place would be great, but closest thing to that in my country is amateur rallying that requires rollcage and co-driver. All of the track day events assume you're up for all day long party with pitboxes and other big race shit, no one has ever considered that you might want to get in for an hour, learn a bit and nothing more. If i want to just put a lap or two without going bankrupt as a student, i'd have to go to the nurburgring (and that's 1000km from me).

I have no idea why tracks can't just let people in for couple of laps with responsibility on driver's side like nurburgring does.

Has some dipstick put advertising banners on those MEWPs? Did they not read the manual? Or the IPAF bulletins?