pastebin.com/YHdisqem
> WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
> Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
> Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
> The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
> Steamgruppe
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

> > ENDLESS LEGEND
> Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
> Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com

> > CIVILIZATION
> Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
> Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
> Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
> Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
> District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
> Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
> Civ 5 Recommended Mods by some guy
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
> Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
> /civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

> > ALPHA CENTAURI
> Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
> Official short stories:
www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last Thread:

HAK HAK HAK

That OP is much more readable m8 gj

Trying > instead of - this time as was suggested.
thinking of going back with - next thread, but with a line break after each link instead and see how that works which was another suggestion.

why the fuck can't I zoom out in Starcraft 2

fog of war is there, there's literally no reason I can't zoom out

suggestions to improve my Terran Federation?

You could pastebin the Endless Legend manual. Same for the reddit link, some might have reddit filtered so the OP would be hidden I think.

Consider not playing humans like all the other fucking sheep out there

calm your dick nigger, I've done two Xeno campaigns already

A bio but other than that no.

either make the game titles normal text and the link titles meme arrows or vice versa

eg

> > ENDLESS SPACE 2
Official Wiki and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com/
endless-space-2.wikia.com

or

ENDLESS SPACE 2
> Official Wiki and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com/
endless-space-2.wikia.com

looks like a cluster fuck of meme arrows, but more readable than before

>negative traits don't include sedentary for once

10/10

-9 for no bio though

Citizen service plus nationalistic zeal is a rare sight. So is authoritarian. Most babbies here pick muh democracy.

You never build walls in Master of Magic?

>>negative traits don't include sedentary for once
Nonadaptive is the true cheese

I tried to build it around the actual book. It's pretty well established that the majority of the Federation don't know what their doing in regards to interstellar Warfare, hence the Sky Marshals doing stupid shit and all that. Heinlein's ideal was for individuals to take responsibility and push for success.

Also took Nonadaptive to force myself to selectively colonize, defend what I got with my life and promote a focus on Terraforming.

>Heinlein

>cybrex event chain
>havent found an anomaly in a long time
>get the popup that spawns one in your borders
>investigate it
>it's the homeworld of the kuul/cybrex
>later
>anomaly popup again
>same planet
>homeworld of another victim of the cybrex

they really hated Trappist V

Best defence is a good offence.

>tfw realizing that all i've done in this war against this Awakened Empire is build up my fleet so that I can kill theirs

Maybe. First Master of Magic game I ever played, some gobs made a beeline to my town and instantly sacked it.

Is it cheese if you pick Nonadaptive and don't colonise planets?

>Trappist
>Cybrex
Kuul homeworld, Cybrex ringworld and Trappist are all pretty close in my current game.

Also on another planet in the system of the Kuul, I found the anomaly where you find a species that uploaded their minds to computers in the hopes of getting resurrected.
I imagine they were a Cybrex victim and some hid like that.

It'
>/Civ4xg/ Strategy/4x General
Not
>/Civ4xg/

Stellaris accidentally has the deepest lore.

If you have decided that you're not gonna colonize planets, and then pick nonadaptive yeah it's cheese. Literally no downside then.
It's the only trait with -2.

If you do colonize a lot it's still cheese, the habitability is easily avoidable with genemodding the preferred habitat.

So what's a fun Game setup for Stellaris?
From what I understand, Spiral setting is busted since you can jump between spirals.
Is turning down Habitable Worlds below 1x any fun or just annoying?

Are you fucking kidding me?

For a Homeworld setting, set habitable worlds to x0.2

Quick declare War on the Hissma, they probably have AE tech you can steal and are still gaping from that AE cock stretching out their asshole

I had FUN on a 0.25 hab small galaxy
now trying 0.25 on 800 stars , AI empires will try to put outposts on good star systems and you will have to play smart to not end with 4 planets at 2250

Conquering another Empire is ofc much more valuable when the amount of habitable planets in general is much lower

I might try that now - make a race as blatantly optimised as I can and then squat on my homeworld until ringworlds.

How badly will this go?

gonna try 800 Stars .5x Habitable Worlds. Should I turn down Advanced AI Starts? Kinda seems like they'll fuck me

But I know for a fact that they didn't actually kill any AE ships. They just retook the worlds that the AE captured and that was it.

Actually the AE fleet didn't really do much of fucking anything that whole war. They took 3 planets and then just kind of fucked off.

I couldn't see where too because i got that dumb bug where out of nowhere you lose active sensor link with your ally in the middle of a war.

I'm so confused.

Advanced AI Starts mean they'll be able to compete with you.
Otherwise you'll leave them in the dust.

Pretty bad, unless you can Diplo out your ass and get Federated by a strong Empire early on.
Rush Habitats if you'll allow yourself those.
Are Mining/Research Stations allowed? You'll get retardedly fast tech upgrades if you afford to make anything

what happens if you put afterburners on a space station

You sure the AE didn't just declare that "frig off Randy" war they do when an Empire pokes them with a stick early in the game, for some reason? Because I can't imagine why they wouldn't kick the Hissma teeth in

Do not ask troublesome questions

Nope. I don't even know what they declared for. They just kind of killed a few fleets, sat on a few worlds, got bored and quit.

>you see Ivan, it is simple. Everyone else can expand as long they do not breach upon my territory. It is only fair.
>but sir, you have appeared to have cordoned off half the galaxy to yourself.
>yes, and?

That isolated planet on the left corner is actually my capital. Can't let something as menial as that get in the way of my ambitions.

what's 1.25 times 0?

*wormholes behind you*
*colonizes Gaia worlds*
pshh. nothing personell, kid

Guys, for some reason I'm having trouble modding Stellaris.
I've got multiple mods, all unzipped in their own little folders. The only one that actually works is the FuckHuge Galaxy mod.
Is there something I'm missing?

Frontier outposts are key.
Expansion so you can get more of them I guess.

My plan is to pick ethics I can get to 60% easily, grab the right-hand side of exploration and throw frontier outposts everywhere I can until I run out of either influence or dead space, so hopefully I'll manage enough resources to not get my shit kicked in and start building worlds.

How good of a computer do I need for 5k and 10k star maps?

You sure you unzipped them right? Also, mods that are not compatible with your version is deleted by the launcher.

I'm trying to find that out right now.

>have dreadnought in my fleet
>do upgrades enmasse
>dreadnought suddenly is no longer FTL compatible with my fleet
>it's now just a 5k ship with nothing to support it with

why can't you customize these fucking things goddammit. I can literally trap a star and steal all of its energy, I can make a gigantic ring world for millions to live on. I can turn a barren rock into a goddamn paradise world.

But I can't refit a big ship.

Something from the 4433rd millennium, bare minimum

Maybe Stellaris MMDX will be a good game by then

Is there a wrong way to unzip them?

I understand the mods that are outdated wont work, but even the ones that are up to date don't seem to be doing anything

When you pot the .mod file in ---> /mods it causes the launcher to show that mod as an option

But for the mod to work the folder with the game files from the mod need to be inside workshop and shit

the text inside the .mod file needs to lead to the compressed file inside workshop , so if the launcher shows that the mod is there but nothing happen then the problem must be with the path

if the launcher is deleting mods that's because the mod file has "archive='workshop/etc/etc/"
change the word "archive" to "path"

also change "supported_version="1.0.*" to supported_version="1.6.*" or whatever version you have obviously.

If I didn't get the game off steam, then wouldnt putting the files in /workshop cause problems too?

Is that really all it takes to update older mods to the newest version?

I'm new to this if you cant tell

>Is that really all it takes to update older mods to the newest version?
Yes and no. It's there because while small mods can stay the same across multiple versions and keep working, bigger mods require an update to match the version.

forgot pic

>Is that really all it takes to update older mods to the newest version?
yes

if the mod is old and changes some fundamental mechanics that have changed with recent patches then it's not going to work properly however

>If I didn't get the game off steam, then wouldnt putting the files in /workshop cause problems too?
no, it's fine, that's where the launcher looks for mods. Doesn't matter if it's legit version or pirated version of the game.

It belongs in a museum.

You could refit "event only" ships in previous versions of the game, they changed it for some reason.

it feels immoral turning a gaia planet into a gulag for xenophiles, egalitarians and pacifists

That's less of a gulag, and more of an orgy planet.

And I'm sure AIDS is cured in the future so no luck there.

ES2.

Is there ever reason to boost gold rather then luxury income on trade routes?

Yes, when you need to support more ships.

But selling luxuries makes more doge.

I blow up the Sophons home planet and SOMEHOW I'm the bad guy.

Not in my eyes, user.

Does it? I sell like 500 of them and the price crashes into the ground and never recovers.

>stellaris with 5k stars and .5 habitable planets
HOW DO I FILL THESE FUCKING GAPS IN MY BORDERS WITHOUT BUILDING 10 ZILLION FRONTIER OUTPOSTS

>not being a fanatic xenophobe groß germanium

Yeah, but even at 15 for T1 and 30 for T2 you will easily outdo gold income because gold income doesn't scale all that well either.

So I put the .mod in the mod folder and the .zip files in the workshop, checked the paths, and even checked the version numbers and nothing has changed. Im going to bed, thanks for the help, Im going to keep working on this when I wake back up

I am just so lazy that an income is better for me.

The best factions are:

Hegemonic Imperialists:
>Militarist, Xenophobe, Materialist
>Thrifty, Talented, Conservationist, Solitary, Sedentary
>Dictatorial at start, possible oligarchy later on
>Mechanist and Mining guilds civics
>Mass Drivers and Warp

Slaving Despots:
>Authoritarian, Fanatic Militarist
>Thrifty, Talented, Industrious, Decadent, Non adaptive
>Imperial Authority
>Slaver guilds and mining guilds
>Mass drivers and warp

All the rest are shit at getting resources/snowballing. These are for a first strike at level 20.

Hmmm. I think I'm going to write a space journal of my empire as a writing exercise. It will also help me to finish a game as I always tend to give up midway when I'm being assfucked by 7 fanatic spiritualists. Robit space opera here I come~

>-965 with fanatical purifiers

I always find it funny when you find some sort of common ground with megahitlers.

>level 20

Fuck my shit already! I meant after 20 years.

I want working anime portrait mods for Stellaris
Where to find?

Btw, rate these and which one would you pick? Im always undecided.

The first has decent borders, grows good at the start but slavery is non optimal.
The later doesnt start so good but its stronger later on once some fags get chained.

>optimal

boring/10

why do you even need to do "op/cheese" builds like that when the game is already a joke

The game is no joke on insane with some advanced AI's. Depends on your start but its no joke indeed (default huge eliptic galaxy with advanced AI and fallen ones ON in ironmode).

>AI aggressive and insane difficulty ofc

Is there any other setting? No there isnt.

>vassalize species
>integrate them
>their spaceports are all missile types
>purge type: exterminate

And there goes the slave output down the drain. Good job.

seefuck sophons

Who gives a shit about slaves?

Anyone who wants to use them as immediate income to conquer some more fags in war or colonize a new type of planet faggot.

>letting filthy xenos have the honor of conquering new lands and taming wild landscapes instead of your own pops
disgusting

It's that or sullying yourself with genemods and/or cybernetics unless you luck out with strat resources early.

When creating a portrait dds what type of dds you have to save it with what settings?

save it with both x and y dimensions as a power of 2 [16x16, 32x32, 64x64, etc.] depending on which portrait it is (species creation selector for example), game will automatically downscale/upscale it if you just use 1 size for all but it'll look like ass

are you using photoshop with the nvidia .dds extension?

if so

>2d texture
>dxt5 argb 8bb | interpolated alpha
>no mip maps
>rest as default

this is what I did a year ago, safe to assume it's not changed

In Stellaris, do you guys bother with the juggling of scientists for research?

Great, but I get these weird lines behind the character.
The original is a transparent png.

Absolutely. From time to time you should check those exploring (they usually level up faster) and also check what their expertise is. If you are waiting for a certain tech you might place a scientist of that certain expertise once the current research is finishing so you get more chance at getting the card.

I downloaded the beta patch (es2) started a new game on endless difficulty as lumeris and the AI is even worse it seems. Literally just been going straight Econ and havent built a single war ship. Got all the wonders even with a craver that spawned next to me. Im really confused...

Strange, I have carvers going on rampages every game. Tho yeah, it seems Lumis are bit too happy to ignore military needs.

Is there any downside to summoning a psionic avatar from the shroud?

definitely mate

They really need to add like 150k dust to the economy victory requirement.

sell me on the space trees

What happens if some ships in the fleet has warp and some have jump drive?

Anyone has the link to the Stellaris mod archive?