What do you guys think about his engine setup for a karting car...

What do you guys think about his engine setup for a karting car? With this engine setup lengthening of the frame will no be necessary. But a downside to this would be that only 20% of the weight would be on the front axle and 80% of the weight is on the rear axle. How would that weight distribution affect handling?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_LT10CcNxTU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slidey slidey fun

>20% of the weight would be on the front axle and 80% of the weight is on the rear axle
You HAVE heard of Porsche 911's, right?

I swear to God this is the 4th time I have seen this thread posted. I have got to be going crazy.

I don't see the problem, you'll be able to skid everywhere

just go awd already

youtube.com/watch?v=_LT10CcNxTU

This

Why are there no FF karts? Make an FF kart OP

Now i'm thinkin maybe we'll put the engine over the rear axel to slightly improve the balance. Also idk if it'll ever skid since the motor outputs only about 4.6hp at 3600 rpm though we've managed to get it to rev up to like 5500 rpm, not sure about the hp at that rpm tho.

>Why are there no FF karts?
this is good question

good sweet fucking hell lol

Are you that Baja guy who posted about the clutch a while back?

you would need to fuck around with CV joints and shit

unless you made it rear steer

Nope.

>rear steer
maximum dorifto

shhhh

>only 20% of the weight would be on the front axle and 80% of the weight is on the rear axle
did you put your own body weight into the equation?

Yes.

It must be one of those hilarious new me-me's I've been reading so much about on ebaumsworld

jelly their car doesn't have the best awd system ever made by man kind

in my kart i would keep the engine as far back as I can to make up for my body and to keep the rear end with traction also if you want more power the cheap harbor freight 212 predator makes some decent power for the price

o fk that launch

the hell happened here?

move the axle behind the engine

Stale pasta

Yeah a very possible solution is that we cut the frame and weld on about 30cm worth of lengthening pipes. This way the engone will fit on the right side like it usually does in karts.