Should i get a motorhome or a trailer?

should i get a motorhome or a trailer?

i'm leaning towards a motorhome but i'm open to reasoning

does Veeky Forums have motorhomes or trailers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XA5gF2FdNlY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

get the trailer. being able to drop the trailer and still have your car to run around in is really convenient.

Agreed. Extra points if you're handy and tou build it yourself for your needs. It will be built better, last longer, and anything you dont like about it will be your own damn fault.

Remote camping? Motorhome.

Camping in popular locations? Trailer

GMC motorhomes are awesome.

>ywn be this comfy

What are you waiting for user?

Honestly the biggest factor is whether you'd already have a suitable tow vehicle. Between getting a motorhome and trading in your car for a pickup truck to drive all year just so you can pull a trailer for a few weeks of it, I'd pick the motorhome. Put a motorcycle carrier on the back of it if you need a runabout.

>pulling half a household around like a decadent fat American
>not taking a tent camping
You can make tents pretty comfortable if you put a little effort into it.

fuck off

No.

>in this case would rather sleep in the car though

Motorhomes are a nightmare to fix. Usually the engine and transmission is burried. Most garages won't work on them and a tow will be brutal.

Fuck. You might as well get a trailer if you're taking the whole fucking bed bath and beyond with you. What a yuppie setup.

Bullshit, I could fit that stuff into the back of my wagon easily when it's all folded up.

>Usually the engine and transmission is burried.

The engine is easy to get to I know for sure. Transmission not so much

>Not just having a tuck that can tow a tiny house
Filthy normies go back to

>I want everything like in a trailer, but half as aerodynamic and three times as heavy
Gotchu, senpai.

you can tow a smoll trailer with a car.

tiny houses are built on trailers, but not meant to be used as them. as a trailer, you can circumvent minimum square footage laws for structures. thats what their original intent was.

>Motorhomes are a nightmare to fix. Usually the engine and transmission is burried. Most garages won't work on them and a tow will be brutal.

The problem is that most of them are running on GM/Ford mechanicals, which means you have mediocre reliability at best.

These are expensive vehicles to service and maintain, and some of the larger ones require a special license (akin to a bus driver) in order to legally operate them.

Every state is different too, so in some places you might be compliant and others you're not, and it's fucked up considering this vehicle is meant for traveling around in.

Anyone who's ever been camping knows that you don't take that kind of shit. That bed and mat would be FILLED with ants and spiders after 12 hours.

Ehh I wouldn't tow 1500lbs with a car unless you live somewhere really flat.

I am still seriously considering the idea of living in a tiny house. I'm 28 and work full time, but buying a house is so fucking unrealistic on a single income. I don't want to just find some chick to marry for utilitarian purposes, because we'd probably end up getting divorced and I'd lose the house anyways.

But I also want a garage, and can't really do that with a tiny house...setting up some simple portable garage wouldn't be very secure, and I could store my tools in it safely...

Why does life suck so badly?

Link semi-related, thinking of saying fuck my job and just becoming some beach bum:

youtube.com/watch?v=XA5gF2FdNlY

You can in Europe to some degree, but in America the tow ratings are so low that it'll be nothing more than that toaster on wheels in your photo.

Even in Europe I'd rather get a 3.5 ton motorhome than tow a 1.5 ton trailer around with a fucking VW Golf or something. 3.5t is actually a pretty respectable size for a motorhome, no comparison to a small trailer.

i rent a garage and am considering going trailer/boat/van/camper life full time
i want to buy a property first though, no house or anything just a plot of land with a well on or near a nice body of water

1/3 of that motorhome is the cab for driving it.

I wouldn't consider one unless it was the bus-style, otherwise you have a better use of space with a 5th-wheel trailer.

But lots of beta cucks can't tow so they just drive a motorhome instead. For massive trailers, you basically need a qt3.14 to help you back it up into tight spaces.

One more reason 5th wheels are the Chad's choice for camping.

Someone make a CHAD 5th WHEEL and THE VIRGIN MOTORHOME image please.

>most of them are running on GM/Ford mechanicals, which means you have mediocre reliability at best.

Nah. The truck chassis's will go till the end of time when they're not hauling a 8000lb box. That much weight is stressful on a engine and powertrain which is why 20k motorhome miles are like 60k or more miles on a normal truck. They need so much maintenance because driving the thing is like putting a house through a small earthquake.
You can drive a big ass diesel pusher with air brakes with a normal license in most parts of North America. It's pretty scary seeing 80 year olds driving these especially when they're towing a suburban or Escalade.

In Europe there's a comparatively low weight limit for regular licenses, and you get more living space out of that limit with a motorhome than with a tow vehicle and trailer.

probably harder for refugees to stow away inside a motorhome without someone noticing, too