HOMEMADE AERODYNAMICS

Could you get a 5mpg increase done with some mods like taping some parts?

Other urls found in this thread:

treehugger.com/cars/modified-honda-crx-hf-wins-fuel-economy-competition-with-118-mpg.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think 5mpg more could be possible if you close up the entire underside of the car with some light sheets.
Also slightly lowering it.

Check out ecomodder forums, they take this shit to absolutely ridiculous levels.

Yes.
treehugger.com/cars/modified-honda-crx-hf-wins-fuel-economy-competition-with-118-mpg.html

This is the same engine i have in a dx ef hatch and i get 45+ city mpg

Yea people used to do it to geo metros back then to get maximumsuperduper mpg's but it'll make your car look retarded and uggo senpai

Fuck, now I want to know if filling gaps with silicone would get me more MPGs.

I don't care about visible and stupid looking mods but filling gaps would be absolutely an interesting project if it gets me a couple more MPGs.

I'd use tape instead of silicone, in case you ever need to replace a panel or, you know, open the hood.

Of course, for moving parts I'd think of something else but for example around the headlights you could use something more permanent (and silicone is easy to remove in case too)

You'd probably gain more by blocking off all unnecessary openings in the front bumper, for instance. Make sure you get just enough airflow to not have the engine overheat.

that's my plan. for testing purpose taping as much as possible (while always keeping an eye on the engine temperature and leaving some parts on the grill open of course).

if shit actually works, on top of that:
>slightly higher pressure in tires
>normal tires instead of the extra wide ones I usually had
>some cheaper aluminum wheels instead of tires
>absolutely no junk in the trunk or anywhere else
>throwing out the idiotic subwoofer of the old owner

Not a treehugger but it's a ton of autistic fun to me to get as much as possible mpg gains without making the car look much different on the first glance

>>some cheaper aluminum wheels instead of tires
INSTEAD OF STEELIES lmao, going to bed now

try an underpan

Most front gaps exist for a reason (engine breathing / cooling or maintenance).

What would you do if a bulb goes out and you have to remove the housing to replace it when you've silicone-sealed the housings to the bumper / fenders / hood?

Just use tape if you want to be that weirdo who has tape all over their front bumper and rambles about 'muh emm-pee-gees' when people ask why.

T A R B O
A
R
B
O

Probably helps a bit with aero as well, being all smooth surfaces and shit.

>What would you do if a bulb goes out
on my car the bulbs are easily replaced by screwing off the bulb part on the backside of the headlights in the engine bay.

fucking damn, you're right, I absolutely adore these wheels

They looks really slick on a lot of 80's-early 90's designs.

Any ID on these rims?

Are these OZ ones?

These might actually shovel air to the brakes, creating vortices. "Pizza tray" hub caps are far better, Mooneyes being the most popular manufacturer.

Yeah, those would be ideal. I just posted the smoothest wheels I knew by name.

the old benz ones were also quite aerodynamic

HAVE I GOT A TREAT FOR YOU BEANERS,

>BEANERS
that guy is finnish

HE'S FINISED

They look like corvette wheels not even memeing lol

Probably. 1 mile and Bonneville guys duck tape the seams on their cars. Every little bit counts at those speeds.

wonder where the scirocco design came from

very nice

this looks dope

holy shit is that randy bobandy in the background?

frig off