/scg/edg/ Star Elite: Citizen Dangerous General #167

Chris Edition

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.
>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

ded(er) thred:

oh fuck, didn't step the number and now I can't delete my post, oh well

planet landings yet?

let this thread die, I'll make a new one in sequence with a related image.

That's allright, with all the threads that died early, We are not stretching the truth. The last thread didn't even make 300.

>tfw quince Exploit is dead

What changed?

It's not. I just made a quick 50mil

Massacre missions for mad dosh: Check
Planetary scan missions for mad dosh: Check
Passenger missions: Negratory

Seriously, I cranked out an easy-peasy 150mil last night in two mission stacks in the combat sites, massacre missions are the shit. Been getting all my newfriends heaps of cash with that shit, and the missions don't even require cordial rep.

You may not know this, but the only nerf was to board flipping for massacre or scan missions once you already had 3 of either. If you board flip with no missions until you have a good list in one shot, you can take every mission on the board at once. Since most single missions were buffed, the total haul is about the same per trip even though you may do fewer missions.

It's actually a little easier because you only need one good board flip per run.

Son, I am hollowpoint. Haven't you figured out yet that you can take two missions and THEN board hop and have a bunch still spawn? That means take the two highest missions from boards with shitty amounts and then hop. As long as you don't go over two missions of one type or the other they stack just fine.

Either way. I made my money long ago. The point was Quince is long from dead, if you still need money. I'm waiting for someone to tell me how to get past the mining requirement for engineers because I am not doing that shit, fuck that. There are better games.

Why must fdev destroy everything that makes the grind bearable?

Fake longevity
Elite dangerous have no goal beyond getting bigger ship and the gameplay is shallow, the only way to keep you in the game is to keep you believing that if you keep grinding you'll get to the better part,
and for that you need to take as long as possible to do anything

Its just not fair. I've mostly moved on but every so often I look back and think of what could have been.

not like this.jpg

Delayed again!

The release date will always be: Todays date + 6 weeks.

Officially calling it quits and going back to Eve
This game ain't coming out

What version of Elite Dangerous should I buy? Do I need Horizons?

and so what?

Was expecting to see rife speculation on CIG released UK financials here.

Number was fucked up infinite times, and ops copypasted without counting infinite times

We're really at sonewhere around 285 id say. Who the fuck cares anyway, threads are dying at under 750 without archive

[Spoiler] when [/spoiler]

2 weeks™

I'm about a week in on playing ED, and I like the game, but what really bugs me is the mission system. Why aren't there any long-range delivery and smuggling missions in the populated part of space? Like, I don't mind a long travel 2-ways, but when I'm not making money one of the way, it's just fucking infuriating.

And holy fuck, I love the planet assault missions, but I can never reliably find the missions for it. What is up with that shit? The mission system in this game is really screwed. I've come from other MMOs and the mission systems, while grindy, were always consistent.

What does it say about these two fucking games that you niggers have a merged general for them both.

>flew to the barnacles to finally have the cutscene
>camped for 5 mins and i was already bored
>saw 20 different people coming and going in open and nothing happened
>in viper, jump range is shit
>left my conda at a station 25 jumps away
>fuck that shit, just gonna wait till the gankers show up
>afk'd for 1 hour, log out
>log back in after another hour
>they're finally here, get my shit toasted in 5 secs
>finally i get the rebuy screen
>ended up in base at the same system

the fuck, i don't even remember docking here

You have to be on the edge of the bubble to get conveniently stacking missions. 2 popular places are Quince by itself and Sothis and Ceos as a pair.

welcome to two years ago faggot.

I know about Ceos and Sothis, that's not what I mean. I wish there were long-range missions from Sol -> bumfuck nowhere and bumfuck nowhere -> Sol for example so that you could get good missions back and forth instead of going all the way out into space and get a good stack of deliverables, deliver them to one of the populated stations, then go all the way back with fucking nothing and repeat. Ceos and Sothis are pretty damn good, but at the same I've only seen hauling and smuggling missions at Sothis Mining. I hate stacking shitty data courier missions. I have 100tn cargo capacity. I want to make some space shekels hauling something with it.

nigger i dont give a fuck. I pop my head up every couple years to see if either elite or SC is a thing yet, and the answer has been no everytime

>trying for cutscene
>full gank wing shows up and starts shooting at everyone present
>thargroot shows up right then
>everybody in the air falls
>their fucking corvette actually dies

not him but rare goods, maybe?
find a planet with them and sell them on a system 200ly away.

that never happened right?

nobody recorded it?

Got a sauce on that webm? Looks interesting.

Everspace is fucking fantastic. Especially once you get out of easy/normal mode and have a few perks.

Right so I fucked about for 2 hours in a hauler and made my first 2mil just doing hauling missions got bored and bought an eagle and upgraded it a bit.

Picked up an assassination mission cos I just wanna shoot and get $$$ now, but how the fuck do you find the target? I jumped to the system and scanned the nav beacon, spent 5 minutes warping to a planet the target was spotted at and then wasted an hour not finding him.
Is the ETA time the time in the top right, or the time that is on messages/chat log, i supercruised around the planet scanning any ships warping past, and checked out all the unid signals but no luck finding him?

So there will be aliens in ED soon?

No matter how the community reacts to them they will be hostile. There's no way they're adding thargoids and have them NOT be hostile.

>Now you can't do anything to them.
>But after a certain patch comes out.
>Suddenly, you'll be able to kill these buggers, without much problem.
MAGIC.

That's not how Elite works. You won't be able to experience fighting the alien yourself, you'll have to watch a youtube video of someone fighting one, who is most likely an ftroop employee pretending to be a player. Like usual.

>sandro sammarco

The fact the story basically evaporated after the first run, but you still have do 3 or 4 more playthroughs to get the last boss (which was a pretty bad let down on it's own) pissed me off.

>Spending more than the starter

Get the base game from a sale if you are truly curious.
If you get hooked by the Vision™ then you can buy horizons from the next sale. Horizons is pretty pointless to a newbie.

no version

Is there any specific reason why r/starcitizen still exists when Spectrum is the exact same thing?

Spectrum is even less functional and more tightly moderated than Reddit.

Because at this point, power creep/p2w bullshit has basically made the starter aurora unable to do most of the current (and planned)content. Unless they fixed thier shit, progression will be; haul pissant cargo boxes for weeks praying nothing attacks you untill you can afford to buy a new (but still shitty)ship that holds slightly more cargo, then do weeks more cargo runs, at which point you can finally afford the starter ship for a real profession that's not 'hauling a fraction of a percent of the amount of cargo the real freighters hold."

ED's starter Sidewinder looks like the space ship of the gods by comparison.

Lelele! SC delayed again lelele!

>playing star citizen, its alright
>swapping some bigger guns from the turret of my cutlass to the front so i can use them
>gets even better
>buy that fucking flashfire becasue i thought i could have another weapons group for even more fun
>its bugged and all forums say it got scrapped

why do i keep falling for their (rsi) lies