/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 10th of June:
1190 – Third Crusade: Frederick I Barbarossa drowns in the river Saleph while leading an army to Jerusalem.
1719 – Jacobite risings: Battle of Glen Shiel.
1793 – French Revolution: Following the arrests of Girondin leaders, the Jacobins gain control of the Committee of Public Safety installing the revolutionary dictatorship.
1916 – The Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire was declared by Hussein bin Ali, Sharif of Mecca.
1940 – World War II: Italy declares war on France and the United Kingdom.

>News
CK2 DD 53 - Time to Pay Tribute
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-53-time-to-pay-tribute.1025784/

EU4 DD 30/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-30th-of-may-2017.1025986/
>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2 - 02/06/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I0HMGQrge5Q
github.com/Horthy/HPMP/issues
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

[automated bot posts]

4th for the projecting faggot that is going to ignore this thread since he is afraid of getting a ban.

Reminder to genocide

This is you.

>using dead memes
>implying
lurk more faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=I0HMGQrge5Q
The anthem of "Playing as Italy and constantly beating the shit out of France in defensive wars"

>he deleted his comment so he doesnt get banned
wew lads.

they just declared another one, fuck me they're suicidal. Falling to rebels and losing Bordeaux to Spain wasn't enough for you?

white men

>4:30 in the morning listening to Golden Dawn wartunes
What am I doing with my life?

i've been up for four hours (since 2 am) vomiting and i have to call in sick in an hour
they're going to kick my ass

might do a cry

at least you aren't reposting your shitty old "meme" album and then deleting your comments since you re afraid of being banned like that other autist.

ikr, fuck that guy.
Sorry to hear, man. Hope you recover soon.

Tell me about the Black Ice mod for HoI3. What does it change? Is it worth the effort?

are you mad nerd?

stop playing videogames

Might as well play train simulator

>reposting shit from reddit
kys faggot.

top kek
based germany

When will you stupid shitters stop replying to bottom of the barrel tier """trolling"""?

>nerd
kys faggot

if you reply to them they will go through the effort of looking at their shitty "meme" album and waste more type while you only give them the same response. they are actually pathetic.

Anybody got a link for CK2plus for 2.7?

I have it but I wont give it to you hehheheheheheheh xDD

Is it possible to do a full history run? Like you start with CK2 (maybe with When the World Fell Apart) to start at 476 and then go to 1453 and then port that over to EU4 and go until 1821 and then port that over to Victoria 2 and so on until 2017. Is that possible?

How the fuck do I download mods for stellaris from the steam workship? I need the Xenoist Faction Slave Fix but using the userscript tells me "The game that this item belongs too does not allow downloading of its items...BUMMER!"

Yes, but it's boring as fuck and you need to come up with an exhaustive list of restrictions to prevent you from just dominating the entire world in each respective game

>add a bunch of useless brigade types
>lots of leaders and new pictures
>unique unit markers
>air combat is made worse
>tech tree inflated to hell
>lots of new land improvements and strategic resources
>new event chains
>scripted into oblivion
>scripted invasions
>if you thought vanilla was railroaded you haven't seen nothing yet
>autisming with division composition is a requirement
>added stuff like synthetic resources that's really helpful when you want to spam industry
>can separately set the difficulty of each major
>AI gets free units spawned, entire armies of them

Try it and form your own opinion.

It's been done before. Trying to keep compatible versions of all the games and conversion is a huge pain in the ass, and the results are nearly always fuck ugly.

>stellaris
wrong general

If you have an issue/suggestion regarding HPM, please consider submitting an issue here: github.com/Horthy/HPMP/issues
We're not HPM, but we're looking for fixing & improving his mod as well as adding our own, and other anons, ideas.

This has nothing to do with the shitposting going on.

Why not submit it to HPM himself instead of some subpar modders?

I am Papal State.

During Italian unification, Sardinia-Piemonte got cores on all of Italy and with France, began to invade the peninsula, dowing state by state. I successfully, with Austria, cucked them so hard they collapsed and are now just Savoy. I then cucked them a bit more and forced them to be a satellite.

Now they have pan-nationalist rebels. Should I step in and protect them? Or should I let the rebels take power? I'm asking because idk if these rebels will break them out of my satellite, or make them integrate into me.

>I cucked them

stop making fun of trump you dick

Literally destroyed the playthrough.
The plan was to keep myself under the Russian sphere through the whole timeframe, as this would make it impossible for them to annex me
Now they have cores on all of my territory and there's absolutely nothing stopping them from breaking the alliance and restoring order after creating a couple of brigades

pretty sure rebels break satellite

großdaciums

>still cant play DH
rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>his whole plan depended on Russia not losing GP status
You didn't think that one through, did you?

oops

großdaciums

Have you tried uninstall.exe

wtf is this

In my last playthrough (Finland) I depended on them getting fucked by Germany/rebels and they kept themselves top 5 through the whole game (until I won the independence war in the late 1910s/early 1920s and stopped playing, that is).
They had nearly 2k industry by then.

Because they are so fucking clueless they need to steal suggestions from hpm to have something to add to the mod.

pretty sure too but it might be an event to annex them

I didn't want to but I'll resort to save scumming to see

oh okay, that makes sense.
NOT REALLY I WANT TO PLAY KR RRRREEEEEEEEEEE

a map

fucking blobbers

Jesus

groB af

So, where is the capital of The Empire again?

Where !NotBerlin is

Really? Not !NotVienna?

>Vienna

>Vienna
>capital of The Germans

DELET THIS. Habsburg is rightful ruler of GrossGermania.

AEIOU
E
I
O
U

indistinguishable homosexual

Solidify our goldern empire, Follow the will of heaven, All of creation will celebrate,

All of mankind will be filled with happiness, As long as the Qing rules.

May the enlightened empire, And its vast boundaries be protected. The sky is high, The sea is turbulent.

*teleports behind you*
*unsheathes Battle of Königgrätz*
Pssh... nothin personnel... kid

Firm and Stable be the golden cup

domed by the Celestial concave.

In it men and things happily prosper.

Glad are we who live in the time of Purity.

May Heaven protect and secure us from enemies and help us to reach the truly golden age!

Oh! The Blue firmament is infinitely high and the seas flow everlastingly.

t. Chinese

>Austria
>anything more than a bunch of mongrels led by inbreds not even deserving to be in the Reich

lmao

>Germany doesn't get a decision to get rid of South German as accepted culture
>can't genocide filthy Bavarians and Austrians

W&B

You can pick to genocide religious minorities and then pick papist scum. It's great.

ALRIGHT
any tech-fag want to help me? heres my dilemma.
>want to play DH KR
>update game to 1.4 and install KR
>open up game, it loads and goes onto the main menu
>click literally any button, even exit, and the game crashes and have to ctrl+alt+delete and use task manager to close it
>completely reinstall game
>try again
>same thing happens
>launch from exe file in folder
>same thing
>search online and do everything they say
>still nothing
>want to play KR but DH is borked and i cant fix it
RRRRRREEEEEEEE
help me please.

:'(

install gentoo

uninstall gentoo

dont listen to him

HOI4 KR is better now anyway

Not even memeing, it's genuinely good

This, also remember to buy the Field Marshall edition
t. Podcat

other user here

what are you talking about? KR makes HoI4 a playable(-ish) game, but no one is encouraging to buy an underdeveloped piece of shit that hoi4 is

Every time I try to become a paragon of my faith.

>Preißn

>muh BMWs, beers and oktoberfest

literally has not committed a single thing to history

Germany is hardly Germany right now but Bavaria has been shit long before Germany itself was. If the First Reich was an Austrian ran state and the Second and Third Reichs were Prussian, then the current incarnation of "Germany" is definitely Bavarian-ran.

Based

what a ridiculous statement

>we wuz prussians and sheeeeit

The Prussian junkerdom has always been a parasitic outgrowth on the German nation and I'm glad it's gone.

Bavarian genocide when?

How isn't it Bavarian ran? The CSU is a Bavarian regional party and its in a permanent coalition with the longest reigning party since WW2.

WHITE AND BAVARIAN

Never because otherwise you northern niggers would starve.

>Bavaria has been shit

Bavaria's greatest sin is losing to Prussia and allowing the radical warmongers to make the uneducated common folk blame Bavaria, and the rest of Germany, for Prussian disgraceful ambition of world dominance. After WW2 Bavaria should have been restored as an independent state a'la Austria.

>Prussia takes all the german substates and forges them into a world power
>meanwhile the Bavarians get passed around by the French and the Austrians to serve as a cocksleeve
Get the fuck out and secede already

The final solution to the German question. You literally cannot find a single flaw with this.

What´s wrong with you guys and that neverending seperatism boner? At least the Prussians decided to unite all the german people into one country instead of the mess of the late HRE to post HRE period. I don´t really like war and the Prussian solution to that mess either but it was actually the best option back then.

And before you ask, I´m from Lower Saxony.

Perfect

Belgium exists.

Only talking about Germany, Belgium I'd split between French Wallonia and Dutch Flanders. Pretty much what would've happened if no Anglo interference.

G*rmany needs to be partitioned and it's people assimilated into surrounding cultures. If not for G*rmans we would have already colonized Mars.

>being the vassal state of a family of inbred crypto-slavs is somehow better than glorious rheinbund

Really made me think.

>the Prussians decided to unite all the german people into one country

The Prussians decided to do whatever suited their personal agenda of military dominance and ruined Germany in the process. The junkerdom did not give a single solitary fuck about the German nation.

Look, I'm also blaming Bavaria and other German states for this. If only Bavaria had a different King than Ludwig II...

I wonder if the EU federalizes if they will move around borders and eliminate these useless sub-states. I would support it if this was the case.

>glorious rheinbund
Go suck Napoleon's cock. Bavaria should have been partitioned between Austria and the other German states at the Vienna Congress

dude blobs lmao