Does Veeky Forums ever give hitch hikers a ride?

Does Veeky Forums ever give hitch hikers a ride?

At the bus stop. Every day. All of Veeky Forums.

/thread

>Does Veeky Forums ever give hitch hikers a ride?

Yes. Why not? I just don't see them often.

On the east coast, there are various places where people wait for buses, but cars will appear and pick up some people who are heading in the same direction and want to be let off at the same spot. The reason why drivers pick up these well dressed white collar office worker hitchhikers is because it lets the car use the HOV lanes (3 people or more required). So everyone benefits.

Only If I get a sexual favor in advance

picked up a few thru-hikers coming off the PCT, took em to a hiker heaven a few miles down the road. didn't get murdered. AMA.

No because I like living

When I lived in la maddalena I always picked up a grandpa walking up the hill.

Locally; sure. Chances are its a coworker, a relative or just somebody I know

When out somewhere further; depends. The visibly eastern-european man in ragged clothes shambling about = no

I did once, by accident.

Though it was my uncle so I pulled over and it was some random drunk fucker. Shat myself at first but he was pretty chill and gave me 5 beans for the trouble.

I don't because I live in the south and everyone here is either white trash, black trash, or doesn't need a ride.

Wow, you could turn those beans into bean stalks and have tons of beans. That's a killer deal.

Fuck, 3 or more? What if your in a 2 seater car? What about motorcycles?

Yes, many times, I also host people on couchsurfing.

I did twice now.

The last time, the guy recognized the car... Turns out my wife gives him a ride to the next town when she sees him.

>What if your in a 2 seater car? What about motorcycles?

Well the lanes are meant to encourage people not to clutter the roads, exactly what those vehicles do.

What exactly do you think Suburbans do?

No, bed bugs are very real.

i give them a thumbs up and increase speed

>Turns out my wife gives him a ride to the next town when she sees him.

Why would you pick up those parasites?
These fucks run out of money in my town and sit on the street along for handouts.

only if they are white

>My wife gives him a ride to the next town when she sees him

Kill yourself my man

>turns out my wife gives him a ride to the next town when she sees him
i think i have some bad news for you user

No. I purposefully accelerate as quickly as possible past them when I see them congregating on freeway entrances

I did a guy a favor one day who had a really good sob story. Gave him a ride to his "friends" house, and 20 bucks. Told him if he needed some help that our church does whatever they can to help people who are down on their luck out.

>comes in one Sunday goes straight in the bathroom
>comes out stumbling
>sits down mid sermon
>passes out

Now he won't go away and won't stop asking people for fucking money. One time I actually do something truly kind for a stranger and they're a heroin junkie.
>Fuck New England.

>Driving on a straight empty road
>3am
>some young nog probably 16 with thumbs up next to bus stop
>come to bus stop and roll windows down
>“Are you ok?”
>Can you please bring me home
Lolok
>Sits in car and tells me he was scared took wrong bus ended up in the other side of the city
>chitchat and drop him off home 30mins away

Thats about it

I don't think I've ever seen a hitch hiker.

No, most of the hitchhikers around my area are scary, beat up looking natives. I did see a cute girl hitchhiking way out in the middle of nowhere one time and almost stopped to pick her up. Then the thought of half a dozen armed thugs waiting in the treeline flashed across my mind, so I sped up and left her behind lol

In AZ it's 2 or more, clean vehicles(read hybrid), and motorcycles in the HOV

>my wife gives him a ride [...] when she sees him.

I would like to but
>ride on bike
>hitch hikers everywhere

>drive in car in a hurry
>hitch hikers everywhere

>drive in empty car with nothing to do
>hitch hikers suddenly gone

>>Fuck New England.
no fuck you heretic

No. Dog or kids in the back.

>What if your in a 2 seater car?
Then you're not in a high occupancy vehicle.

In 10 years I've only seen one hitchhiker, and he looked like a potential axe murderer, so I didn't stop.

I gave a couple Armenians a ride a few weeks back, they didn't say much but were nice and polite.

Haha, the dude isn't exactly attractive... and my wife could kick his ass.

Not worried at all.

Does your wife have a penis?

No, she's a swiss ginger.

In my area they upped from 2 to 3 because Ubers.

This. Only way in the Kübelwagen.

>I don't think I've ever seen a hitch hiker.
Probably because it's illegal in your state (like mine). And instead of warnings, the police arrest on first offense. Due to that, no one hitchhikes because it's basically a guaranteed arrest waiting to happen.

If you regularly give hitches a ride, you might as well register for Uber and get paid for giving hitch hikers a ride.

only girls and skin lighter than balsa wood

I used to. Seeing as I used to hitchhike myself.
But the area I live in is so filled with "homeless" people, I can't really trust anyone.
I have given rides to people whos cars broke down tho.

no, all the ones I've seen looked like fucking bums.
I'd help somebody pulled over asking for a ride given they're not spic thugs or niggers and their car isn't shit.

Once, on accident. I was windows-down on the interstate, a plastic bag in the back seat was flapping around driving me nuts, so I pulled over. All of a sudden some dude gets in the passenger side. I didn't even notice him when I pulled off. He just needed to go a few miles down the road, and kicking him out at that point would have been a dick move. Seemed like an ok guy.