/pubgg/ PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cwgRoELH6qE
youtube.com/watch?v=p54LJEJpZds&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whats yall scrillas favorite weapon? i like having a m16, ive beaten shotguns with the burst and with an acog it feels competitive at distances shorter than bolt action range. My friends swear by shit like the m4 and vector.

m16 is a shittier m416 imo
if you're "beating" shotguns with burst, you can do the same with full auto

Vector hits hard but needs to have the stendo mag and close quarters to really rock. Good house clearing weapon.

I'm personally happy with any assault rifle and a 4x, 8x only really makes a lot of sense with the bolt guns. Personal fave is a S12K with the extended 8 shot mag, you can chew people up with that much 12 gauge

m16 is like a baby sniper because it has the highest effective range of the ARs. I like having one if I can't find a sniper.

for midrange, I like the m4 and SCAR. A fully modded vector is nice but it chews through ammo insanely fast. With the servers as wonky as they are I find vector just isn't safe since players are teleporting around.

i need to learn to control the s12 recoil better cuz i always fuck up easy kills but i know its good

Uzi, preferably suppressed.

It's obviously situational as hell, but it's so damn satisfying when it works. I'm not sure why I like it more than the Vector, maybe it's just aesthetic.

Double Barrel never lets me down. I'll take one over the S12K any day. For rifles, the SCAR feels like the most balanced out of all of them. Always does me well too.

Not true, technically spamming the M16 on burst fires a lot faster than every other AR on full auto, the recoil is just pretty high.

The ump with silencer and full attachments is incredibly good. And even though the vss is garbage in terms of damage, it's unbeatable for its purpose; stealth. The vss shines in the top 10, because you can shoot without having to worry about being located, and the proximity makes the speed/drop a minor issue

No single, overall favorite. The AK, UMP, and VSS are all things I love to pick up, and of course the Kar 98 for obvious reasons. The UMP is surprisingly great. It melts people, has next to no recoil, and has fairly good range. I love the AK because it's a great AR that can also function as a DMR if you slap a 4x/8x on it. The VSS has just been my raifu since I first played Stalker. I wish it was a little better, but it's top tier in the last couple circles like the other user said.

If I can't find anything else early match, the P92 (9mm beretta) is fun as fuck. I've beaten people in close to mid range with it who had actual longarms and SMGs.

For ARs, the AKM on single shot is fucking deadly. I've recently been liking the M416 as well as the SCAR-L too, but usually have to choose one or the other.

Also 2x scope is the best scope don't (you) me

i like it more too, my favorite smg

vss is a silent headshot machine, doesn't really need damage

My absolute favorite combination is M24/K98 primary and M16 secondary. Pistol doesn't really matter but I like the R1895 just because it's the closet thing to a big nasty revolver in game at present.

Earlier on in the game or if I cannot find a sniper rifle, I will favor the 5.56 ARs over the AKM. I really want to like the AKM but in my experience the type of fighting that wins most engagements favors the more controllable 5.56 ARs. The AKM has too much random horizontal recoil which is not correctable like vertical recoil.

pic related I guess. my stats

The FPS guide is dead

it was dated anyway

Is this game worth getting ?

Just had a game with a suppressed Tommy Gun. Thing is an absolute monster.

I love hiding behind cover and dying anyway.

i dont know what u like and play ect. but i enjoy it alone and with friends

A suppressed M16 with an x8 scope legally makes you Zeus.

its not as bad as bf4

I had one of those last night. I was well behind a rock and my attacker killed me. Unless it was just someone else (unlikely as I was on the edge of the zone) or he still actually had an angle on my head somehow.

ive killed people like that where their foot or edge of their head is slightly exposed and they are static

So what's on your wishlist?

>Battle Rifles
FAL, G3, M14, whatever. I just want a nice 7.62 NATO rifle. High recoil could balance high damage.

>Another random spawn boltgun
I'm thinking a civilian hunting rifle or a "scout rifle" of some sort.

>Classic MP5
Mostly for aesthetics, but the SD or K models could slot into niches that aren't currently filled. They could be lower RoF but more controllable than other SMGs, and the K could take the Uzi stock. (Which would become the HK PDW stock when attached.)

>More AK variants
One of the short 74 variants would slot in between SMGs and existing ARs pretty nicely. Make it an AK-102 so it can use 5.56 without triggering anybody's autism.

>A magnum revolver
.357 is pretty close to 9mm in diameter, and .44 isn't far from .45, so either would make sense with PUBG logic.

The M16 is objectively the fastest killing weapon that isn't one hit kill. Even faster than the vector. The burst only takes 0.15 seconds and is enough to kill to the chest of an unarmored target while the vector takes 0.165 seconds

Add a .45 long colt lever action rifle to that list bud. Make it higher ROF than a bolt gun but slower than anything semi-auto. Basically a cowboy style skill cannon with a two hit kill. Make it not take scopes so it's not just another lel ebin sniper rifle.

I want to remove the top rail off the AK 47 and add an AK 103 that gets the top rail and lower recoil than the 47.

To fix their shitty servers, and the shitty bugs. How about that for starters

That'd be badass. Maybe make it .45-70 instead of .45LC to justify the two shot kill.

On that note, how about a Holland & Holland-style double rifle? No scope or attachments either, but make it do AWM-tier damage.

-fix desync

I figured it would just take the ingame .45ACP instead of .45LC or .45-70 like the VSS takes ingame 9mm when it's really supposed to be the much more powerful 9x39.

Yeah I was thinking along those lines as well, I just meant the model, tube capacity, and ballistics should be based on .45-70.

It'd be interesting to see a game do a Henry rifle with an accurate front of the tube reload animation.

That's not a bad one. I think another cool idea for the AK would be replacing the top rail with a side rail, and the optics would become Russian equivalents (Kobra, PSO-1, etc.) when mounted on it.

That goes without saying, but it's not as fun to talk about.

Give me a Desert Eagle Desert Eagle

Yah, but adding in new shit isnt fun when servers and bugs ruin gunplay, gameplay and the likes

Anyways, if they figure out the fucking netcode, Id love for the plane to drop vehicles with weapons on them. Like a truck with a 40cal, or something of the sort

A katana that does one hit kills on armorless players and gets 10 throwing starts on right click that do as much damage as the crossbow.

>Like a truck with a 40cal, or something of the sort
I get the feeling this would be an awful idea. It'd be too easy to spend the whole game, even the final circle, in your armoured vehicle with mounted machine gun on the back of it or whatever idea you're cooking up.

REMOVE WEEB

Not armored, just like a ghetto rigged truck/uaz with a machine gun in the back with limited ammo

It would be a drop everyone in the vicinity would see, make it a rare drop. Fun battles would ensue over it. Wouldnt be a game changer, but would allow for a nice defensive cushion for the squad/duo team

How do I suck less at this game?

Play more. Watch videos or streams of people who are good at the game and pay attention to what they do. Most of all, think. Positioning is huge, and knowing when you don't need to engage an enemy is important too.

>you spend 30 minutes looting and crawling around only to get mowed down with a UAZ by a shitter who didn't even saw you

How do you not move out of the way?

Any chance some news will drop during the E3 PC gaming conference?

Who /can't aim for shit/?

Especially with the AKM and SCAR-L. I'm behind someone about 20 meter away with a silences SCAR-L, shoot him in the back, he zig-zacks, I hit nothing, he turns while I run also in zickzack and he hits everything with UMP.

>M14
>FAMAS G1
>MK23
>

>press f
>this starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=cwgRoELH6qE

How fucking glorious would that be?

also, how viable is this?
freewebs[]com/socomsclanswat/swattermstoknow.htm

I don't know what the fuck my problem is, but if someone shoots at me I'm a god at returning fire and consistently win gunfights that I don't start, but if I'm about to pop someone in an open field I miss every fucking shot no matter how close I am to them.

What do you call it when you miss a shot and fix your aim? that's what I do when I miss long range shots. Close range I just hope the other guy runs out of ammo so I can switch out my weapons.

With a machinegun it's usually referred to as "walking fire onto the target," but I think there's a more concise term for it that I can't remember.

Same here.

>someone shoots at me mid-long range
>turn on him and usually win the fight
>want to shoot someone literally in front of me
>aim, make sure to hit
>only hit first shot, every other shot goes south and I end up getting shot myself

Guns I would like to see as even just different models
for
Scar
-CZ Bren 805
-ACR
-FN2000
-Tavor

UMP
-MP5
-Scorpion EVO

UZI
-MP9/TMP
AK
-VZ58

One thing I liked about the arma 3 mod was the different guns even if there was hardly any difference. I just liked the options.

I want more slavshit guns, they really fit BR aesthetics I think

> dragunov
> as val
> ak74/103
> makarov/tokarev
> groza

also what do people think of noobtube attachments? pretty good way to deal with campers and cars

>I want more slavshit
My nigga.

I love my slavshit

No grenade launchers.

noice

How the fuck does sniping works ? I had the luck of finding sniper rifle with a x8 scope, and I couldn't hit a shit against someone in long range.
He striked back with his first bullet being a headshot.
"git gud" but first I must learn how this stupid thing works

I had the same and frustratingly the only answer is to just use the things as much as you can. Take shots. If they're stationary and you're using an 8x try your first shot right at their head and hold your mouse button when you fire to delay the reload so you can see where the shot goes. Leading a moving target is pure feeling and is very hard to get right the first time.

if you're practicing zeroing, with an 8x start by rolling with the default 100 if they're somewhat "close", and if they're far out, try 300. eventually you'll start getting the hang of it

Thanks for the responses, I guess I'll have to practice more. Is the sniper rifle more rare than the other weapons tho ?

yeah, sniper rifles, especially combined with an 8x are pretty rare unless you get somewhat lucky at either georgopol, novorepnoye or the sosnovka military base. just keep dropping at those places and trying

Surprise is your greatest weapon.

>flashbang actually works

you lucky fucker

>Have a random join our group of 3 for the hell of it
>Everyone spends 10 minutes gathering shit
>He starts yelling like an autist and kills everyone in the group with a cooked grenade
>No report

Neat. Wont be making that mistake again.

SUN TZU SAID THAT

Any idea when this game will actually playable instead of a fucking shit tier lag fest?

Yeah, I like the variety too. It's fun stumbling across something different once in a while, as opposed to right now when you end up with the same setup pretty much every game.

I love the idea of a VZ58, such an underutilized gun.

I'm all for more slavshit. Add the Mosin and PPSh to that list as well, and I'd also love a classic non-tacticooled SKS.

Noob tubes MIGHT be OK if they actually implemented a minimum arming distance, since 95% of the cancer in most games with them is people using them to autowin close range firefights.

nah, i never want to see any sort of explosives that aren't thrown. noobtubes and claymores and shit like that are pure cancer

The only one i could possibly like would be a RPG7 that only works on vehicles.

So this is me and if you're interested in seeing me play I'll be starting my stream in 20 minutes at twitch tv/sergeantzeta

does anyone have an updated fps optimization guide? OPs doesn't work anymore

Where's the end of the line to suck your dick? I need to man wow. Just wow please let me suck it.

PLEASE

I need your dick you're so good

Guys
What if
You could get
Bear traps?

like, not very explosive but destroys any car in one hit? sounds fine to me

>tfw you have a silenced m24 with only a 4x but everyone in the circle has a level 3 helmet and it's too close to be sneaky

youtube.com/watch?v=p54LJEJpZds&feature=youtu.be

Little OC
no bully for lazy edition please

it's ok, would've been better if he was driving a car down the tunnel at them

I think adding a "paranoia item" on the ground is just vicious and to much. Worst would be claymore.

Micro Uzi. I fucking love it. The main bad dude in the Battle Royale novel uses two Mac-10s as his main way of killing. I hated the dude, but he was pretty bad ass. Makes me always grab that fucking Micro Uzi. I think it's my best weapon too actually. Up close, it's basically no contest unless someone has a shotgun. My favorite long range weapon is the SCAR. I dislike the M16 and I feel like the M416 is too inaccurate.

I always know it's gonna be a good game when I get a kitted out Micro Uzi and SCAR.

I had the same thing, they were a premade of 3, pulled up in a UAZ to pick me up (so I thought) and gunned me down for my ~15mins of loot. Fuck pubg pubs

I think of that when I get the Uzi as well, but I mostly associate it with 80s action movies. I feel like Snake Plissken or something when I magdump somebody with a suppressed Uzi. (And yeah, I know his was a MAC-10/11 as well.)

I had a hilarious little killstreak with the Uzi in one of the little towns on the military base island yesterday, every time I was about to leave it I'd hear a car coming, so I'd jump into cover and blast the dude when he got out. There were like 5 abandoned cars in the middle of the town by the time I finally left, wish I'd taken a screenshot.

pictured: perfection

Replace it with a surpressor and you got it.

>holographic

best sight tbqh

do you actually enjoy missing like 20% of your screen compared to the red dot?

RK95 for AK

>not Red Dot/ACOG + 8x
Not quite but almost

I don't know why, but I feel like the holo is more accurate on the AK but the dot sight is better for everything else.

fite me

My first solo win was with a suppressed Uzi. Didn't have time to loot anything good before I had to drive off, ended up stuck with it. Found a good house and camped it, last guy had an AWM and a ghili suit. He didn't think there would be anyone in the house I was in, so he camped facing the other way.

Honestly I'm fucking sick of the slavshit survivalist aesthetic. Enough with all the stalker shit, all the metro shit, all of everything. It's fucking boring to me. I really wish they had gone full battle royale and set it on a Japanese island because that would have been something fresh at least.

I have been in a million vaguely post apocalyptic slavshit shitholes by now and not only do they all look the same at this point, they all look like actual real life slav shitholes anyways.

The news that they could be working on two new maps with settings even remotely different from this is the best I've ever heard.

Did you snipe him with a fucking Uzi?

I'm getting unplayable FPS on a 970 and an i5 with 8gb ram. Any optimization tips?

Don't play on low and crank AA to ultra

these are my settings

FINALLY ENDED A GAME LADS AFTER 35 HOURS

I AM HAPPY

>take a break for a couple weeks
>they finally fixed their buggy-ass audio so I'm not playing in lol2017mono
>top 2 every game, all night

[spoiled]Ok so I played one game.

>i5

refund the game and the processor, if at all possible.

Speaking of audio
>Video editor so I never have Microsoft's normalization or sound boosting options enabled
It fucks me up when doing audio
>Friend tells me to try it out tonight
>Moving on wood sounds like an elephant suffering a seizure
>Enemy footsteps locate them like I have fucking bat sonar

It's almost too loud I keep creeping myself out