/ORG/

General offroad and (((niceposting))) thread. Pray for snow. Post rare taytays and offroad maymays.

Jeep suicidewatch update:
fourwheeler.com/news/1708-great-wall-motors-confirms-intent-to-purchase-jeep-brand/
Trump intervenes:
cnbc.com/2017/08/21/jeep-to-china-could-be-a-red-flag-for-trump.html

Timeline:
>Old Thread
(Cross-thread)
>Older thread:
(Dead)
>/out/ thread:
>/out/er thread:
>/pirate4x4/ thread:
pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/699969-anybody-here-surf-Veeky Forums-board.html

>ITT:
>Jeep gets sold to chinks
>school starts again
>summerfags are gone
>we can start posting serious, elucidating content

>Map for stalking:
zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619
>Discord for full out autism containment:
discord.gg/SenfAyU
>Become an anti-weeb stickerfag:
watracing.com/?product=off-road-general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/juD4ayBbHdY?t=31s
bismanonline.com/1974_ford_f100_f
youtu.be/NRRGQSH36T0
carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4602/421/24002710015_large.jpg
ruggedridge.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1500x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/1/11513.01_1.jpg
youtu.be/UF8WJg-SgoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=T4K5CYFag_4
trucks.nl/it/secondhand-volvo-tgb-6x6-3129156-vd
trucks.nl/it/secondhand-div-oshkosh-rear-axle-3030193-vd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtu.be/juD4ayBbHdY?t=31s

nice car

Super swampers>everything else

offroad, yes
onroad, fuck no

Shoulda got boggers.

yeah those are garbage on pavement. it's actually a waste of money because to drive it anywhere destroys the tread

Can't wait for snow again, love driving thru it while all the normies are stuck at home.

Subie Baja for offroading or just grab a cherokee? Not tryna climb rocks, just not get stuck on trails while I haul a bike in the bed.

Honda XLR will fit, I've seen it

Snow wheeling is best wheeling, makes all the easy trails hard again

thinking about buying this tb h

bismanonline.com/1974_ford_f100_f

>tryna

That's right, I took two words and made them one. I invented this. It's the first time it's ever happened. Oh, I did "that is," and "it is," just this second by the way.

>wah they don't perform well on pavement wah
im sorry, i thought this was org, or was i mistaken? take your nitto terracrappler runnin asses elsewhere with that faggot shit
don't particularly care for how boggers look on first gens and the marginal performance difference doesn't make up for the higher price

Swampers are awesome, don't let all the faggots with mall terrains try and put you down.

>take your nitto terracrappler runnin asses elsewhere with that faggot shit
>being this butthurt
jeez man tha'ts some pretty bad buyer's remorse

They're great if you live in some backwater area and don't have to drive far to go offroad or if you trailer your rig, but for most of us who end up driving to the trail they suck on the highway and they wear stupidly fast so A/T is a reasonable compromise because we'd like to have the tread last more than a few trips.

You know that you can buy radial PitBull rockers, and quite a few other radial mud tires from regular tire companies. They'll all last longer than a standard bias mud tire, but do very well off road. All terrains are fucking junk anywhere that isn't asphalt or gravel roads.

As someone who's owned radial PitBull rockers they are the best radial mud tire money can buy. Very durable like a bias tire, but wear longer and don't flatspot. Also unparalleled traction off road.

Until you've experienced a real off road tire you'll never know why people pay all that money for them.

Where are the real off-roaders at?
All I see are little-baby trucks.

>8mpg
>300mi range
>130hp
>6 tons

Nah, you'll get farther with a stock Taco with some large tires and jerry cans thrown in the bed, that shits only great if you've got to haul a ton of crap and have fuel stops set up along the way but for really going offroad it's too large.

Wow, could you be any more wrong?
>5-10mpg
>400-800mi range
>240hp
>11 tons

>implying that's good for any decent off road trail.

>forgetting that you can throw jerry cans in the back of ANY vehicle

Can literally haul 5 tons through almost any terrain type, be it deep snow, rivers, mud, regular trails. It is no wider than conventional trucks because it still has to fit on a highway. Suspension travel and ground clearance is measured in feet. You are trying to argue that a purpose-built off-highway vehicle is somehow incapable of off-highway use.

Take it down the Rubicon trail, then I'll believe you. But that shit wouldn't make it more than 10 yards down the trail.

If designed for off road you mean driving on mildly rough gravel/dirt roads in foreign countries then yeah they're great.

The turning radius is also measured in miles. Flex that shit out, bet it doesn't flex as well as a shitty TJ.

Can I take a rally car like a WRX or Evo X off-roading or is that a shitty idea?

Fj or 4runner?

Read OP you faggot:
Rare taytays. RARE. Not the first one that you find on google.

Drag that over to Canada and we'll get it stuck. Then when I drag your ass back to Michigan in the REAL OFF-ROADER, I'll have all the time to dismantle it piece by piece and reassemble it in an aeroport hanger. Finder's keepers!

It's not an M35. It's the combat version of it. Also, nice IRL spintyres .

it was the 32nd

Welp. You got me there.

New exhaust

Man, that is fucking sweet! I bet you make a lot of money.

Please don't start this.

Video of exhaust youtu.be/NRRGQSH36T0

Do you come here to just swiftpost or do you actually off road?

FJ

fucking nice

Crow

I like japanese women like i like my swords

Folded 1 million times

so you like your jap swords hard
and your jap whore loose?

No i like them both folded 1million times.

k
thank you for clarifying crow

mud, sand, mall, or crawl

4runner is tooo big for me

I'm a single guy and an fj is perfectly fine

If I ever get married 4runner for the wife,,,

pretty much thisi'll be purchasing a 4Runner when the wife's scion craps out if it ever does
this car is flawless mechanically speaking

What do you currently drive?

Also,
>buying a toyota after a toyota craps out

Can I install both a grille guard and a bull bar on a car or would that just be stupid?

Grill guard protects the headlights from trees and rocks. Bullbar protects the bumper.

Or just pay the $1000 and buy a prefabbed aftermarket bumper for your vehicle. Those are also engineered to synchronise with your airbags.

But could I install both if I wanted to?

Go on Google Images and link the two bullbar / grill guard styles you are looking for. Then we'll tell you if that's actually retarded or just slightly.

SAUCE, you big meanie

Kikebook extra large bape brigade

carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4602/421/24002710015_large.jpg

ruggedridge.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1500x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/1/11513.01_1.jpg

They mount to the exact same points. Why do you want both?

The grille guard doesn't protect the bumper as well so I thought I could do both for better protection.

Find a grill guard that does. Or just replace the bumper and get rid of the valence so you get a much better approach angle.

07' fj pooper
155k and not one single issue
wife 05' scion
the scion has 170k and not one single issue

tell me again why i shouldn't buy another toyota

Friendly reminder that our favorite neighborhood swiftposter literally gets paid to offroad in the Taynger.

lucky fucker

Well, there she is

noice
where's your driveway?

About twelve feet feet behind the back of the truck

>mopar

Checking out a 1988 Jeep Cherokee XJ, with 6-cyl and 4x4, but because its 1988 it has the Peugot BA-10/5 tranny and Renix diag system. My budget is pretty set at below 3000, and I've been sitting waiting for a 6-cyl 4x4 XJ a while and most with AX-15 and ODBI are out of range, should I compromise and get the 1988 I have lined up?

no

Fucking nice! Gotta take that shit out and wheel it till it's covered in some mud. They are mud tires after all...

because of the ba-10/5 or the renix?

both

don't hate me cause you ain't me

czech 'em

Did you put a dead bird there and stencil then sprayed?

I am erect
youtu.be/UF8WJg-SgoQ

You know off-road means more than just "trail-riding only".

But I must be off my rocker... there is no way 49" tall tires, 6-wheel drive, central tire inflation, and massive ground clearance + suspension travel is any good for off-roading.

Oh, apart from "mildly rough gravel/dirt roads in foreign countries", of course.

Finally got them acceptably cleaned and sealed

is that red oxide primer?

Yup yup

Why does one look shiny and the other three dull? I prefer the dull look, can't wait to see them on the truck

Shiny is the one I had just finished and set down, and as such it hadn't dried at all yet

Nice, have tires for them yet?

Guys check out this insane winch system

youtube.com/watch?v=T4K5CYFag_4

it's so cool

No I fuckin initial drifto'd into a bird and the paint flew off.

Cool, didn't know that was possible

Nah, thats for spring

This one was too corroded to look good, sadly

And now they rest

I liked the dull primer red better... Ha

good shit

Primer would be better than what they were like

how much time did you spend cleaning up those steelies?

isn't it cute??

trucks.nl/it/secondhand-volvo-tgb-6x6-3129156-vd

so gorgeous

anybody want to mount an oshkosh axle on your gm tuckk??

trucks.nl/it/secondhand-div-oshkosh-rear-axle-3030193-vd

Not all that much - coworker/buddy let me borrow his sand blaster, and with a proper blasting gun, fine olivin sand and 6-8 bars of pressure it made short work of the rust

I'd say about an hour total on each wheel - and I'm not a quick worker, and neither did I do it super perfect

that looks comfy af

wtf is that

>07
>155k miles

How do you shits keep mileage so low? Also 155k for a truck isn't shit, report back after 250k pls.