Under powered general

Let's cheer eachother up anons
You may only post in this thread if:
>you have a base model anything
>your car is a V6 4cylinder or less or is a V8 that makes under 200 hp

Post rides why you got it what plans you have for it and why you like it

The misuse of the "to" bugs me.
But I like the idea of the thread.
95 Ranger, won't post it cause I post it too often, but it's my swiss army knife of trucks. It's been able to do everything I've asked of it. It was cheap to buy, cheap to run. Gonna be cheap to fix. I may need to replace the tranny soon. Won't be the easiest to fix, cause ford kinds sucks in that department. Something basic like replacing the spark plugs, the easiest way to do one side was to remove the wheel well liner and come at it from under.
Snazzy little truck I'm going to try and drive until it's unfixable.

>V8 that makes under 200hp
>mfw just over 200hp and probably 170ish once the tranny takes its share
S L O W Y O U R R O L L

I drive a '15 Lancer ES with the CVT. It feels like an electric car. 148hp on paper, but it only puts that hp down at 7000rpm just shy of the redline. Good luck reaching redline in an emissions starved 2.0L with a CVT.

>tfw 4 cylinder
>tfw 165hp
>0-60mph in 2.8s
Lmao

Almost my exact specs, except only 98hp
Heh

>92 camry
>2.2L I4
>130HP
>145 torks
>3000LBS

I'm sure that would make it underpowered, huh?

It's gotta be reliable at least.
Used to have a corolla, I've always assumed camrys were just "luxury" corollas

The thing is fucking indestructible, I'll tell you that much. 367K and still going. Corollas are weaker and also lighter (about 700 pounds), I imagine they'd have a better power to weight.

>Nissan Versa
>4 cylinder, 1.6
>106hp
>there are like a million Versas in my city
>everyone thinks I am an Uber driver
I just want a cool hatchback or a small two seater

Never really tried to do anything in mine., I had a 95
It was the ultimate a to b machine. The only think I ever did was upgrade the sound system.
Let my friend drive one time and he smashed into the back of a caddy. $300 and a day later we replaced basically the entire front end and it was good to go. Had I not sold it, guarantee I'd still be driving it. It's probably still going strong, just in mexico now.

'02 Accent 1.5L, my first car that my parents gave me for free. It's been one of the family cars for like 15 years, just passed 170k miles and it shows.

Prolly makes like 85hp by now, but it's a manual so I can use it all the way to its 6000rpm redline

Once I finally finish my Merc and start driving that, I'll probably slap a big ass junkyard turbo from a diesel pickup or something on it and strip out the interior and rally cross it until it explodes.

No its not look at this truck how much do you think it makes in terms of horse power? 400?
No it makes arround 200 HP with twin turbos mind you and it's not under powered. thats the similar to the HP of a veloster Turbo and thats considered Underpowered. HP doesn't determen speed. gearing determins speed. for a very close comparison the Yamaha r3 is faster than the duke 390 even though they have similar HP

But that trucc has tons, TONS, of torks, which the only real measurement of power. It's also why malaise-era landbarges like the Caprice had fast acceleration despite having a 5L V8 making a bit under 180HP.

>190hp/205lb/ft
>0-60 in 6.5 stock, can gain more than 20hp in the upper rev range with boltons
Got it because I needed a daily on a budget, and the maxima seemed to check all the boxes
>reliable
>fast
>cheap & easy to maintain
to this day I havent found a better car that you can reliable find on a $1500 budget. As a side effect I get called a nigger/mexican all the time, but whatever.

what is it

if you read the post or maybe watch the attached webm you'll find out

>v8 Engine
>Rated 235HP and about 300t
Not too bad eh?
>its in a truck
>the truck weighs about 3 fucking tons.

I downgraded from a 220 ish hp car (01 GS300) to a 165hp ish car (04 outback sport)

feels badman.

>I get called x/y

Because you are one, Julio Demarcus Deshawn Tyshawn Rodriguez Familia

kill yourself for ruining what's left of the pre-Renault Maximas.

92 tbird lx NA essex v6
140hp with curb weight over 3500
did i mention it gets 19mpgs :^)

That truck is actually very slow. HP determines speed and that truck has none. Everyone that ive ever known has had nothing really good to say about those international 200 HP box trucks.

That engine is also highly detuned for industrial use. It could easily make 350 HP but they need it to last especially with tyrone flogging it as a rental.

This is why you can have the same engine in a consumer pickup and then have it in an commercial chassis cab but with 20-30 less HP.

I've driven lots of those Tinternational and Hino 5 tons. They're gutless as fuck. Some take off from the line decently quick but die off shortly after. They're still a racecars compared to these 160hp pieces of fuck.

Kek, I pointed out a maxima to my friend from Brazil (shes visiting) and said "Look! that's the bona fide indicator that someone is a VERY poor piece of shit OR a ghetto nigger"

The very epitome of the poverty line if there ever was one.

The guy drives it like a race car but just about lost his mind when I passed him on a single lane road in my new GTI.

There's really no excuse to have 160hp in an industrial truck like that. I realize torque does the work (and massive gearing) but damn those japs sure have a small motor fetish.

I mean good lord most modern economy cars with the base engine make about that much.

>90 camry
>2.0L I4
>.IDK torks
>115 HP WHEN NEW almost 30 years ago
>2500 lbs

i feel you my nibba

also

>automatic

It's got like 300 something TQ which is still pathetic. The engine works at full power all the time and uses the same amount of fuel as one of those 5 tons that have a 3x bigger engine. It might work in Japan or Europe, somewhere with perpetual traffic but it's almost dangerous to drive in North America.

2000 Integra LS

No plans for it since it's completely stock and only 100k miles (manual too).

Gonna sell it to a friend then pick up a wrx,350z, or s2000k.

Damn near 40mpg. Its light AF. Speed everywhere and no one bats an eye. Perfect sleeper to daily, cops don't pay attention to it.

I gutted some weight off. Plan to shave a few more lbs. Plan to rebuild a higher compression engine. Got CAI and SRI for rainy days. About to install H&R springs and KYB struts next weekend.

Based Saturn.

It feels like a 4door miata. But I would trade it in for miata in a heartbeat. Had a lowered civic before and I kept getting pulled over all the time. Most cars would want to race me, I like the incognito difference.

What do you drive?

>mustang gt
>3800lbs
>v8 425hp/400fl/lb torx
Feels gud

S2,000,000?

318i. Is a fat fuck but feels like a miracle. Mystery noises make its m44 sound like it's turboed, and it feels that way too. Too bad it can't beat anything.

S2000KT*
King of the Touge

2000 explorer.

>215 HP V8.

Shit tier, but ill be on my way out!

Feels good man.

I have a mirage that makes 74 hp through a cvt

it revs noticeably higher to keep speed when the AC is on

To this day I know of know one other user with a confirmed slower vehicle that isn't a cuck tier motorcycle. 60 ish horsepower and 4000 pounds and an automatic with no overdrive. This will be remedied soon.

Hey now, that truck has one of the best 302s ford made from the factory. A cam, valvesprings and maybe some headers will boost your power by 80 ponies. I just bought that V8 you have to build for my truck.

>2007 Audi A6 C6 2.0 TFSI 170 bhp
>I would like to chip it back to the original 210 bhp, but at this high mileage I doubt it would be a bright move to make
>I like it because, although far from fast, it is silent and way more reliable and cheap to repair than the 2.0TDI.

155HP
any kind of acceleration is a nightmare.
the tranny is a ticking timebomb.
pray for it

Lol that 3.0 might be a gutless anchor but itll run forever.

We had a 2002 taurus in the family until a few months ago when the trans went. Needed a rebuild on the trans. That totaled the car.

275k miles, engine still ran good.

People can call these cars shit but they'll run forever if MAINTAINED.

15 years and those miles, thats all you can really ask of any car. Just as good as any honda.

The only headers you can fit into the engine bay are "torque monster" headers or the OBX clones.

I had the OBX clones on my 98 and it certainly did wake up the engine a bit. They add about 35-40 ft lbs and it accelerated a better in the mid range.

Only issue was, the engine was tired with 220k miles and had worn bearings.

Got a 2000 now with 95k miles but all told it cost about $1000 to buy the headers and have them installed. The shop spent over 20 hours installing the, the chinese don't really care about "fitment" only that they resemble the genuine Torque monsters. Shop said, brother, I want your business but dont ever bring me a job like that again LOL we settled on $500 for the install.

So no mods for my 2000 unfortunately. Thinking about colder plugs and a 75 shot for when I need it.

Have you thought about doing valve springs and a cam? Could wake it up a lot.

I have some bbk 1515 headers I got that are pretty cheap to buy, and they should work. I just need to get springs and a cam, and while I have the heads off I might get some work done on them.

mine's at 114k miles. had the chain and head gasket replaced at 100

Someone PLEASE say something good about this shitbox. It's been my DD for over a year and I hate everything about it.

Been saving my money so I can buy some comfy old Merc later this year.

>80PS sub 1000kg
>downshift
>press the throttle
>it pulls
was that so hard?
are your cars just completely pigfat or

> Toks. "the only real measurement of power".
Yep, that's my cue. I'm out of here.

Pontiac G6 with 3.5L V6, 214 HP from factory
Engine is not bad but is ruined by the car weighing 3300 lbs
Decent for highway cruising

>mfw this thread

>2400lbs
>1.4L Multiair I4
>101hp/98tq
>0-60mph in 9.7s

It doesn't actually feel underpowered. It doesn't feel scary merging onto the freeway (as long as your wring it out) and around town it feels decently quick (up to like 35mph). It has a nice exhaust note, too.

This thread again?

>"""""""it pulls"""""""""

It's all fun and games until Linda gets up your ass with her 420hp crew cab. It's a little different in North America.

2.5L Boxster

3.4L Carrera swap when I'm not poor

Mario is doing stock photos know?

>1.6
>95 hp
>No power until 3.3k RPM
>AWD
>No AC
>No ABS
>No traction control
>No stability control
>No Airbag

At least it's manual.

Being 2700 Lbs helps a lot with the acceleration but only 155 horsies and 150 pound foots of torks (when new, 14 years ago) is still just barely enough to keep up with modern SUVs from a stop with the manual transmission which is actually pretty slick. With the slushbox auto, it's like you're constantly stuck in mud.

>being too poor for the high feature v6

>2.4L I4
>150hp
>168tq
>3222lbs
>4-speed auto

I'd be surprised if 115 get to the wheels, and the trans shifts at like 3krpm.
0-60 at present is 11.25 seconds.

>2,365 lbs
>1.6L
>80hp
>top speed: 76mph, 4k rpm in 5th
>0-60mph in 420s

'85 pontiac. 305sbc, 120hp from factory (probably only 90 now). Inherited it when my great grandma died, been driving it since. Damn thing just can't die. Thinking engine/trans swap, buddy has a hopped up 289 he wants to get rid of and i'd like a 700r4 for mpg.

>your car is a V6 4cylinder
tfw no 4 cyl v6

>Mk4 Golf
>2.0L i4
>Dyno'd it for shits and giggles
>100hp exactly
>Do courier work, often have 300+ pounds of cargo in the back
>mfw I can still accelerate onto the highway faster than most V8 SUVs and cars, because drivers in my city are fucking retarded

Seriously, you're driving something with three times the power of my little shitbox, there's no reason why you should be doing SIXTY in a 110 zone when the fucking merge lane ends.

based 2.slow

>95hp
>add 800hp because snow
I never knew they made AWD ones with anything less than the 2.0l, and now that I do I want to know why kek
My dad had an SF5 Forester with a 130-ish hp EJ20 and it was slow as shit. I can not imagine you are having a fun time.

Pic related replaced said Forester and it was even better. 2.7l diesel four-pot, even with a turbo it made 100hp and the ute weighed 1,600kg+ when the tray wasn't full of shit.
Bangshifting it to reach highway speeds was hilarious, I actually miss it.

It's still kinda fun though.

Honourable mention to my car while I'm here. It's done 300,000km so I'm guessing most of the original 150hp are gone now. 0-60mph in 9sec or so. At least it does mad skids.
This is what we tell ourselves when we get beaten by taxi's at the traffic lights. Also
>base Fit with a few simple mods

>e36 316i compact
>105hp
>built in 97
>got it for 1.5k yuros
>get called a gypsy or an albanian
Whatevs, it was the cheapest RWD shitbox available and I love it. The lack of power is not an issue when everyone else slows down to grandma speed at the slightest curve. Smoking brand new v8 SUVs at roundabouts will never get old.

>ruining
This is my favorite meaningless buzzword

>sweet
Into the trash it goes. Fucking Bavarians.

I beat on mine but I have a "low quality" banner on my rear window because I know it's an an old piece of shit thats mainly driven by welfare recipients. Wasn't a particularly clean or mechanically sound car when I got it, just stock, and I don't like driving stock vehicles.

2650 Lbs/ 120hp 112tq
At least its manual with close gearing so kinda fun to run through gears untill I realize im only doing 50mph

All you need now is a "locally hated" sticker.

But I get it, I cant fault you for wanting to have fun with your car.

Locally I have quite of few fans that also drive old shitboxes. Pretty much any hate I've gotten has been from here where everyone takes everything super seriously

Ayyy I drive a 09 Outlander 2.4 CVT. The only thing I like about it is that the 4wd in the winter.

Officer Barbie has arrived!

>off roading in Aruba
>little Tracker outpacing dude bros in Wranglers

There's no such thing as a slow car. There's only slow people.

Wasn't that the whole point of Initial Meme?

D15a1
70 horsepower stock
1.5l
Probably less cause 203k miles
At least it only weighs 1600lbs

47 bhp__ @ 6200 rpm
46 ft/lb @ 3500 rpm

0 to 50 kph
6 seconds

0 to 100 kph
20.3 seconds

top speed
135 km/h

Kerb weight
688 kg

city fuel consumption
5.9 L/100 km

1.1 liter
74 hp
no power until 4K>

i fucking hate econoboxes

Eh, I'm in the same boat with my Honda Jazz. But at least I can throw a complete bicycle in the back and everyone thinks it's a kinda new although it's a 2002.

Good luck with the Daimler, I hope I can make a similar move in December

Why do people care if they get tailgated?
Worst that can happen is they bump into you and are automatically at fault.

I mean I never hold up traffic but if someone is too dense to pass me how is that my problem?

>1st gen Mazda 3
>1.6
>auto
>originally makes 105ish HP

I forgot
>LPG so losing power
>330k km so losing more power
Every Subaru that is made by FHI in EU and NA markets are AWD after 1997, mine is '99.
It's one of the funnest cars I have driven actually, you just need to go to 5k rpm to have fun.
Would I say a WRX would be more fun? Yes. But I work with what I have. At least I very much like the sound and it's under 1.2 tonnes (2650 lbs) so it's light. I will take my car over my father's 240 hp Auto Merc.

what car ?
my twingo was doing 13 sec 0-60 with 60 hp and around 900 kilos
your car is incredibly slow

I've always described it as giving you a chub in the corners but leaving you soft on the straights. '05 2.5i Legacy. It corners, in my opinion, very well for a wagon and is easy to throw around. If thrown properly it will slide quite nicely across a few lanes before straightening out.

I have no plans, once it dies I'll get something with more power. It has gotten me hooked on wagons so it'll be something wagon with more go. Maybe an Audi or something.

2015 base model Nissan Versa. But its manual so at least it is a little fun to drive

Have a 2002 base Tacoma 4cyl, its slow af but good daily

>95 nissan hardbody v6
>3500lbs
>153hp new
>literal brick aero
haven't decided yet to either turbo the vg30, drop a vg34 high comp build, or throw in this LS I have floating around. decisions decisions.

>2006 jetta tdi
>100hp 130lbs/ft
> 3 7 0 0 lbs
Fun to throw around corners since independant rear suspension but I'm saving up to import a Fairlady Z S130 next year.