Why does this car from the 60s look so stereotypically 80s?

Why does this car from the 60s look so stereotypically 80s?

It was too much of a radical change to be marketable in its era. Cars had to become more angular before they could be manufactured that way.

Looks like a fucking hot wheels toy

Because the wedge shape is heavily associated with the Countach which is heavily associated with the 80s

>tfw you will never live through the 80s again
*rips veclro shoes slowly for the last time*

>tfw countach came out in the 70's

These cars were ahead of their time

I'm just saying that people link the Countach and the 80s, probably because the economic booms meant people could actually buy them (Also Miami and Cociane in the US)

looks 70s if anything

not 80s at all

no it wasnt its 70s as fuck

then they riced it out in the 80s and that is what became iconic

because the people who were designing cars in the 80's were the same people that were designing cars in the 60's.

greatest gen designed cars well into the mid 90's

>what is a concept car

That looks like something Saab would make.

so this became the Avantime in the late 90s?

forgot pic

Did someone say their car has a removable vanity mirror for cocaine?

This looks so 90's it looks straight out of the power rangers.

>then they riced it out in the 80s and that is what became iconic

This, it's really only the LP400S and beyond that gets that 80's Association.

its from 1987

tis from 86

>Italian car from the '60s

This is an American car from the '90s. How do Americucks explain being so far behind?

ok

lol
Saw one of these yesterday.

What model is the white car behind the Alfa?

that a very funny coincidence, because the Power Rangers used stock footage from an 80's show

It's younger sister

Thanks, very cool! Are those pop-out lights in front of the wheels?

yup

fuck you

>because the people who were designing cars

Marcello Gandini designed both cars.

Absolutely sick

what are some cars that were ahead of their time

Because design overall in every industry peaked in the 60s with the space age and all. There was a lot of experimenting with plastics and fiber glass resulting iconic shapes.

Then the 70s fuel crisis hit and a dark age fell over everything. If you don't know anything else think about American muscle cars from 60s and then from 70s, now think that everything in the western world went through that shitty phase.

80s continued the 60s, when most people are praising thing from the 80s they should be talking about the 60s.
And even today we can see 60s influence everywhere, most of new cool design ideas are throwbacks from the 60s.

this shit always looked way newer than 1967 to me

I don't get why people hype up 50s and 80s so much when objectively the 60s were the greatest decade of all.

Post more wedge cars.

There was also this neat concept for its successor in 1971.

naw 70s were fine

oddly enough the 50s and 80s are my least favorite decades for cars

well that pic looks like hot garbage

Admiral Ackbar

lmao'd at this

10 points to who ever knows what this is.

Why was the Holden Hurricane never put into production?
>1969

Just look at it

because concept car. and not many people usually have the nessary monies to just slap down for a one off car. concepts usually cost millions to develop to sell for a nth the cost only reason viper went into production was so many people demanded one

>flip
>now stuck in there
Yea no

>1955 Alfa Romeo B.A.T. 9

Scighera master race reporting in

Remember dear peasants:

Alfa Romeo > everything

Because Marcello Gandini.

>not posting Michael Jackson

touchscreens are so 80's.

Well, I suppose from a style perspective, by the point of the 60's, the curved look was overdone. Every manufacturer was so gleefully proud of the curves they could have masterfully hammered into their bodies that, well, we wound up with an excess of curves.

So to set themselves apart, a few designers decided to do the exact opposite. They went as flat as is aesthetically possible. This trend continued into the 80's, as the mainstream moved from large curves, to a more boxy design, but not quite the wedges that the few counter-culture designers we're continuing with.

Then, fast forward to the 90's and 00's. Now we're almost unanimously moving toward making, well, eggs. All these goddamn cars are moving toward being featureless in the mainstream.
As such, I have no doubt that the new counter-culture will either be excessive curves again, or ridiculously edgy again. Personally, I expect to see a mix of the two.

Technically that body style appeared in 1988 and went to 1991, so it's birth is from the 80s. See pic related

wedge is love wedge is life

80s cars are way more boxy

you dont know what you are talking about

Except that came out in 1979 and had a minor facelift in 1988

I can tell you that it isn't that very aerodynamic and neither is the Countach.

HNNNNNGGGG

That's ridicolously low. Even a manlet like me would have trouble fitting in that.

American car from the 60's.

1969 Ferrari 512 s berlinetta speciale

I'd like to berlin her speciale if you're pickin up what i'm puttin down.

literally just a family car with bodykit tho

definitely not an example of good design

>family car
Find the other two doors pls.

Truly a golden age of cars+ women combinations

Chargers are just Coronets

I'd like to 1969 her 512 if ya know what I mean

Factually incorrect. Superbees are just Coronets.

wrong

thats just also a Coronet

Nope. The Charger was based on various platforms throughout it's lifetime none specifically a Coronet. You might have been correct if you said Polara.

But while we're at it a 911 is just a VW Beetle.

>The Charger made its debut in mid-1966. Sharing its chassis and front-end sheet-metal with the mid-sized Coronet

the Charger has been a Coronet with a bodykit since day 1

>the Charger has been a Coronet with a bodykit since day 1

There is no body kit. anyway my point still stands, there was never a 4 door B-body Charger produced.

There is a clear distinction between what is a family car and what isn't. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that you understand that boundary but then again, i'm arguing with a known retard so fool me twice.

doesnt matter still a family sedan at heart

>insults people when hes wrong cuz his auts flared up

omg the kids these days and their autism I wish parents werent so shit to let them run around on the internet

wants to call people retarded but thinks a Charger is a Cbody until he goes on wikipedia

just lmao

>doesnt matter still a family sedan at heart
Nope sorry.

>>insults people when hes wrong cuz his auts flared up
I was wrong but there's a reason nobody responds to you ever.

>wants to call people retarded but thinks a Charger is a Cbody until he goes on wikipedia

>just lmao

I'm sorry but it looks like you're the one who wiki'd :^)

Anyway this will be the last response to you. I can't take anyone seriously who thinks changes in airflow doesn't affect exhaust note.

I mean really what is it with Veeky Forums being the most autistic fucking board

yes it is

factually
not subjectively like you want it not to be

>nobody responds to you ever.

yet everyone response to me with shitposts because Im right and their autism flares up

Im basically the bane of you fucktards just because Im not as stupid as most of you

yes leave the thread since you got destroyed and have to shitpost before you leave

>everyone response to me with shitposts because Im right
Do you know what a persecution complex is?

it's a heron, but i don't remember the model

Not sure if this was your intention, but your post would be spot on had it been written in 2000.