Why can't your car do 300MPH?

Why can't your car do 300MPH?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a9366/new-world-speed-record-for-a-piston-engined-car-439-mph-38899/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nigga I'm not paying for tires that can do 300MPH.

>why can't GM do 300 mph

ftfy

>300 is fast

roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a9366/new-world-speed-record-for-a-piston-engined-car-439-mph-38899/

142 mph from a two liter engine in a 20 year old car with five seats in enough.

mfw based LS. Why can't that 5 second Modular compete with it?

not an LS

its an old shool gen 1 SBC

LS btfo by a 1950s engine

Not him but that makes my dick even harder.

Truth is, most cars CAN go 300 mph, but most people choose not to.That, and the police get mad then they catch you doing 300 mph. It's also kind of unsafe and bad for fuel mileage and all.

my car can do 200

>most cars CAN
Are you quite certain? Areo, tires, bearings, gearing, cooling, and also everything else is not designed with 300MPH in mind in a typical car. A lot of them struggle to reach their theoretical gearing-limited top speed.

>Most cars can
What the fuck bait are you smoking?

>most cars CAN go 300 mph

Because it's only got a 170 Straight 6 in it, and a 3 speed automatic transmission.

Motherfucker, I struggles to hit 65, much less 165, and for fuck sake it most definitely ain't gonna do 265.
300 is a fucking pipe dream.

Now if I could just get a 289 for it...then it wouldn't be such a pipe dream.

Well, not every car. Corollas and Rio's certainly can't. Not enough torque.

also

>Using your vehicle Speed of 300 MPH takes 1,225.64 HP to overcome air drag.
Rolling resistance is 31.20 For a total of 1,256.84 HP to run 300 MPH

thats why not to mention non aerodynamic related things

shits crazy

SBC always seems to do better when it comes to crazy

see, you get it.
Most, not all.
Here's one that can. I mean, it's right in the name.

It's not bullshit, have you ever actually tried to max your car? All but one of my cars have been able to do 300MPH no problem.

Unless you put a turbofan on the roof none of my cars would be able to make it past 160 or so unless maybe the wind was blowing downhill in neutral.

Tires would have popped by then.

Yeah, it's limited to 101
>chevy volt
GM was a mistake, at least I'm just renting it from my parents.

>not street legal
>not production

irrelevant

>most
It would men more than 50% of all the cars

By your not production thing then everything in this thread that isn't some Bugatti or some shit is irrelevant.

Please dear God be bait...

>Air resistance
>Gear ratio

My GT500 is sitting around 780rwhp. In 6th it can (can) hit over 200-210mph. Have I? Hell no. You need a ridiculously long track to pull that off on anything that isn't a dedicated drag car running 6 seconds... ~2000hp.

If track distance is not an issue, you need to be around 600hp, good aerodynamics to prevent lift, and a gear ratio that allows 200mph. Might take 3-4 minutes to get there too.

300mph? Get outta here. You'd need at least 1200hp.

no they can't you fucking retard. jesus christ do you know nothing about physics.

>People unironically responding to the most obvious bait post

Because i don't have one

>boat anchor
>ever

Can that mercedes with the 1000hp 1.6L V6 do 300mph?

My bad.
I'll make my sarcasm more obvious next time.

>not getting absurd sarcasm
Jokes on you, fool.

I mean if you drive off a tall cliff you can briefly.

Michelin limit it to 186.

>burgers think 439mph is "fast"

aerodynamics alone prevent the vast majority of cars from hitting anywhere near that, and thats before you factor in literally any mechanical limitations at all

>posts a noncar with jet engines

multiple rooms have 5 doors

you can only enter a 5 door room twice and leave twice. The 5th time you enter, you cant leave.

You can start in a 5 door room and use all five doors and get out, but there are two five door rooms left, as said above, you can't leave a five door room if you were to enter it and use all the doors

>Hard, but possible
It is impossible

do I have autism?

>Nevada