How do people afford car insurance, gas, and maintenance in Ontario Canada?

How do people afford car insurance, gas, and maintenance in Ontario Canada?

Got my G2 a week ago

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/oil-change-shop-caught-scamming-customers-marketplace-investigation-1.2418675
youtube.com/watch?v=-avpx8UTakI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get a job.
Stop spending money on video games.
Lease a fuel efficient shitbox and don't worry about maintenance.

Buy a used gsxr for like 2k

>Get a job.
Have one, only $13/hr tho
>Stop spending money on video games.
I dont even play videogames
>Lease a fuel efficient shitbox and don't worry about maintenance.
Like what? The problem is $6000/yr insurance

How the hell is your insurance $6000/yr?

Get insurance through your Mothers husband, as a occasional driver, and pray for that $15hr min wage law gets passed.

>Like what? The problem is $6000/yr insurance

A shitty sub 15k shitbox like a Nissan or Kia. Give up hope of driving some boyracer ass car like a Skyline it STI. You people drive like fucking idiots so you deserve to pay out the ass for insurance.

My parents indeed to kick me out very soon. We do not get along to say the least.

Also the main reason I want to drive is so I can get a better job.

I am a respectful and calm person I dont deserve this

Jesus dude I got my g2 like a year ago and I was quoted 2K for just liability during that time. Gas isn't that fucking expensive unless you don't have google maps and maintenance if you're smart about it can be done by yourself.

I should also add, once you get your G licence your rates should drop by a huge margin, getting a 10-year-old shitbox in decent condition should be better than anything, so long as it makes decent power and is generally reliable.

Where u live

Toronto.

Old man pays for it

Wow that's inexpensive

Aurora here

Wa La

Here's right tho. There's no way you've to pay for 6000$ premium unless 1) you've 0 experience and you asked to insure a 300+ bhp vehicle, 2) you total a vehicle every 10 minutes. Even tho by law I'm considered a neo-driver I've inherited my mothers insurance bonus class paying only 300€ annually on a shittybox valued at 1k.

I feel you user I just moved here from Halifax and my monthly rate when from 120 to 350 on a 2013 Chevy Malibu fucking Ontario has so many shit drivers but I didn't expect the rates to be this bad

>$6000 is more than I pay for my car a year
Kek.

If the 15$ minimum gets raised, his insurance will only go up.

What kinda insurance premiums can I expect for a 2008 honda civic at 18 years old in Quubec?

Leave this shitty province and move to Alberta.

>How do people afford car insurance, gas, and maintenance in Ontario Canada?
Have a full time job or line up enough part time jobs to have money. And stop wasting money. That might mean you have to apply for public assistance to help with your food costs, but that will reduce your total costs so you have more money to buy insurance.

Different neighborhoods have different rates. You can choose to move to an apartment in a lower insurance rate neighborhood. Or you can switch to ridesharing and other options to reduce mileage on your car and then apply for low-mileage discount for the insurance.

Unless you have total shit parents, the onus is on you to get along with your parents. Your insurance rates usually are affected by other people in the household, so you can try example quotes to see how much your rates rise or drop if you indicated you were the only occupant at your parent's address for now. If your parents are shitty drivers, that will affect your rates too. And vice versa.

>How the hell is your insurance $6000/yr?
Some neighborhoods are full of people who do insurance fraud. To recover the money, the insurance company obviously must charge a lot of premiums. OP has the bad luck to be there or have a car model with lots of at-fault claims against it.

>I am a respectful and calm person I dont deserve this
That doesn't mean your voice doesn't drip with sarcasm and poison when you talk to your parents calmly and respectfully. They don't have to like that.

>The problem is $6000/yr insurance

>350/month for 2013 Chevy Malibu
>I didn't expect the rates to be this bad
Looks like Ontario is full of people raping the insurance company on claims. I bet a lot of the body shops and repair shops are full of corrupt owners seeing insurance as the get rich path to prosperity. When so many Ontario people are corrupt, it's no wonder insurance is high priced there.

it's fucking nuts m8 and I thought 120 was too much when in Halifax, can't complain about that now

leave ontario, this place is a shithole anyway.

>That doesn't mean your voice doesn't drip with sarcasm and poison when you talk to your parents calmly and respectfully.
this is the deluded thought process of boomers

when I moved to Toronto and got my first vehicle (2014 Ford Fusion) it was 550 a month for 3 months, then it dropped to 450 for 3 months, then when the year rolled over it dropped to 330 a month.

>$6000

What the fuck? I pay 190/mo at 21.What are you driving and what is your age?

Get your G asap and don't get any tickets or crashes. Shop around for insurance too.

i too live in onterrible
insurance started 365/mo
down by 30 because one year, followed by down 30 because full g in the year
ask me things, ill gladly answer

Did not know Ontario was this cucked with emissions testing as well jesus fuck
For once I can feel good about Quebec

Having a job.

Car Insurance is 313$/month
Gas is 45$ every 4-5 days
Maintenance is low since I don't have a shitter

Ontario is onterrible. Renting a car overnight costs $75CAD with a business rate, over a four day rental it averages over $50 a day.

I pay $110/mo USD for a 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium with $1,000 deductibles and $1M/$1M liability coverage in New York and I thought *that* was excessive.

Shop around with other companies, and if you're still screwed then move. Fuck Ontario.

quebec bros ww@
montreal here ca sent la coupe esti

Manitoba here.
faketiduslaugh.png

Laval here
Effectivement

I pay 25€/month (actually I don't, it's biannual the bill) on all my cars with 6mln coverage. For once I'm happy to live in Italy, at least I'm not fucked to death by the insurance companies.

RrrrrrEeeeeeeeeee

New York's liability rules fuck over drivers for a couple reasons:
1) New York makes it super easy for the driver who is not at fault/not majority at fault to claim whiplash, which you can get tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars for in a settlement.

2) New York allows insurers to increase prices on insurance if the person has ever had an accident that cost more than $2,000 in damages. So a simple fender bender that breaks the bumper and costs $2,500 to replace is weighed against someone who could have caused an accident that cost $100K+ to settle.

>not advocating for Ontario to be nuked

Why are you even still living there?

It's the best province to make money in Canada, despite all the downsides.

He lives in Ontario, mine is pretty close to the same

For laundering maybe. How do you think the politicians and other city officials are still afloat when their decisions would've bankrupted them in the blink of an eye? I'm sure BC's economy is unimaginably better for an honest person.

Canada has no economic freedom anyway. Why you haven't moved to America yet if you wanna make something of yourself is baffling to me

I can't get a job offer in the US and get a work visa.

I regularly rent an economy car for ~$42 overnight from enterprise in Ontario

Most bike insurance is upwards of $12,000 a year. No one I know that owns a bike insures it and runs when there's police or MTO around

Ontario shops are full of thieves. For example, the chain of Economy Lube service shops has 12 locations across southwestern Ontario. CBC Canada did a documentary showing how the family owned chain scammed customers. It's not the only type of car-related service shop to do fraud. Body shops and other chains do it too.

cbc.ca/news/canada/oil-change-shop-caught-scamming-customers-marketplace-investigation-1.2418675

youtube.com/watch?v=-avpx8UTakI

Basically, when so many places in Ontario have ethically-challenged practices, it suggests there is a bad car culture there. So it's no wonder Ontario insurance costs will be much higher than in Halifax.

Scammers raise the costs for everyone. And if an entire area has a culture of "scamming is okay as long as you're not caught" then you can expect higher prices to be passed onto the consumer.

Honestly this + the fact so many nonviolent criminals get slaps on the wrist makes me want to join them desu.

Crime really is the only way to make it in life

The fuck is with leasing the car all over the pond?

Do you guys out there seriously consider throwing your dollies into the endless well called cough*leasing*cough a deal that's worth even considering?

I mean, why do you find the law of ownership so repulsive?

From EU with Love